Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

ᴀᴜsᴛɪɴ

Novice Member
Jun 5, 2017
Canada, BC,
Teaparty is easily the best map, and arguably the only good map.
Most other maps have horrible terrain (storm, or the other 4 team map with snow everywhere that is horrible for pvp, the mid at City, western with all those half slabs and fence posts everywhere and many more) and they all have random holes everywhere that make you drop into the void or make you get stuck or sometimes even block glitch.
In most maps the mids are so ridiculously tiny too, take Food for example, it is a 32 player map (quite big), yet the mid is puny, you can get shot off standing at the mid in like 3 shots. If 10 people come to mid at once (which is what usually happens since the map has many players) there's chaos everywhere since the mid is too small to occupy so many players.
Islands are also really close to all the other islands in most maps too, you can literally snipe anyone off a bridge from your own base in many cases that's how small the maps are. Now, people will argue "good! we can rush! games take too long!" well eggwars was never meant to be a rushing game, that's what speed eggwars/skywars is for. If you simply type "eggwars" on youtube the good videos are at least 20 minutes long, with the most popular videos being hour long epic intense games that require strategy and tactics. I understand that people want to rush people's eggs, but the maps should have islands further apart from each other so at least people have time to make sort of defence on their egg. An example of close islands is treehouse, you can literally tell your team to just bridge around the map breaking eggs and the whole map's eggs will be gone before 1 of them even has time to place the obby.
Another problem is players spawning a few blocks away from the egg. The prime example of this is on the map Space, where the egg is literally on the edge of the spaceship thing, and players spawn about 5 blocks away, and since its a map of 4, all of them can just keep respawning and keep hitting you off the edge. It would be better if players spawned quite far away from the egg to allow breathing space from when you've just killed a player to breaking their egg.
Anyway now onto teaparty and why it is the superior map. First of all the mid is well and truly great and magnificent, especially for a map of 40. In comparison, Mushrooms is also a 40 player map, but the mid is puny and there are measly bridges connecting everything so if a lot of people go to mid it is chaotic. In teaparty the mid is huge, with the right balance of obstacles to manoeuvrability, so fights are interesting but not stupid and annoying. There is a plentiful supply of iron, gold, diamonds instead of just 1 measly level 1 diamond gen at mid so you can get gear for yourself or get a good amount to upgrade the gens at your own base if you want to play safe. The islands are well spaced, you could rush another island if you wanted to, but it would give them enough time to put some sort of defence on their egg, and its also impossible to rush every single island which is good. It caters many playstyles. If you want to rush an island, you can. If you want to camp at your base and make a fortress and bowspam, you can. If you want to just TNT people to death, you can just trap people in those genius design of gen rooms at bases and TNT spam them (honestly, whoever designed those gen rooms should be given a knighthood). The egg is on the 2nd floor of the castle, people spawn on the 1st floor of the castle, so if you've just killed a team at the egg, you have enough time to break their egg before they come charging up with their wooden swords.
The islands are big enough to pvp on without having the fear of being bowspammed off all the time in a 1v5. Because of mid, camping teams are disadvantages because they have to share one diamond gen at their base, you can have up to 5 diamond gens at mid to yourself. Long, legendary games (the way eggwars should be played). My only problem with it is that in half health mode (why does this exist), if you fall to the bottom of mid from the table, you can die from just fall damage, but that is more of a problem with half health mode (seriously why does this exist) than the map itself. All in all a truly magnificent map that should be the inspiration of the build team if they want to make great maps.
11/10 IGN
WOW

ThaDoggo

Sep 2, 2017
the Netherlands
I'll start with me

PLEASE ANSWER IN THE FORMAT I PROVIDED

Favorite:

Jungle (Teams Normal): I love how this map is nothing like any others. It's not fast pace but not slow. And it gives unlike opportunity for clean pvp. And of course, its built by @Unstrafeless ;)

Pizza: This map is classic. It's awesome to fight on. It's really easy to pvp. Love the gens where they are. Very unlike and special.

Western: Quick action. Fun to play. PVP is a-ok And I love the how they made the half mids behind everything.

Treehouse: Fun to play. Good PvP, Very unlike. Nice fast map. Includes a different strategy typically.

Birthday: Very Very Cool! PvP, as I always mention, is very nice and the map its self is very cool! So glad they kept it.

Garden: Just like Birthday very special and very cool. I think its one of my top 10.

Im starting to sound repetitive so ill list the others I like:

Mushrooms, Tea Party, Aztec, Mansion, Construction, Elven, Farm, Golf, Mine, Nightmare, Safari, Snowy, Stronghold, Teepee, Tentacles, Tropical, Villige, Pretty much all the other maps. If you get it.

Dislikes:

Space: Ugh. Small and Crampt. No good pvp. Camping like hell. And Mid is the only place you can go to even try getting a good fight but 90% you will sniped.

City: OMG. You cant build up without Being sniped or spammed off. The map at mid is awful. No way to pvp at the center. Cant even run around the track fully. As much as I like the fact the egg is hard to get I hate that too because you're screwed if you just died and need to stop someone.

Storm: Ok. So its impossible to PvP on. And people camp in the trees a lot. And people also try and hide in the car or helicopter.

Dwarven: ^ (Minus the Camping in stuff. But the snow and ice are really annoying.) Might I add that the dragon is camped on? It's hard to build to mid. And the island is not really fair. Because you get more generators on the forts then you do with the statues.

Instruments: Way. To. Small. You cant pvp jack. And also the gens at mid are pretty worthless. I have never gotten FULL iron on that map.

Technology: Hard to PvP on. To small. Kinda hard to go around because of bow spammers and campers.

Kingdom: This is one for Efcluke (I love that you listened to my suggestion about the flags being a diff color. But what you did is not what I had in mind. It should be a neutral flag. The ones in the very middle. And the ones that are facing the teams EX: Yellow would be yellow.) Not a complain but more a suggestion ;)

Library: Kinda hard to pvp. You lose your egg in like 3 seconds. So easy to camp underneath.

Huts: Ok pvp is ok... At your base and half mids... But when you build to mid it's so hard to get good fights without running or tripping up on those mounts. Plus who decided 2 lv 1 diamond gens are the only diamond gens there. 1-2 teams basically control the entire game.
Fav toys fireplace city jungle (solo)
Least space kingdom.

Reactions: _The13thDoctor_

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Reactions: 0ffense

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016
Favorite: Instruments. I like the builds and how sometimes the game is long, but I do agree though the islands are too close. Make the islands a bit bigger, same with mid, and make the islands further away.

Least: Pizza. I like the map, I just hate how often I instantly get rushed. Cant even play that map.

(I hope I did the correct format)

ItzPatBruh

Jan 1, 2018
Afganistan
Probably Pizza and Fireplace. Pizza you can kill your opponents on the same tomato, farm diamonds and kill someone with full dia.
Fireplace: Kill your opponents, rush to the other side of the map, roasting those eggies and win easily the game!

Aqitea

Novice Member
Apr 13, 2017
Sweds
i agree on most of them besides city. It's a pretty good map and pretty fast but ig you gotta be fast in the begining or else they will get a bow and it will become a pretty long game.

XtremeElectrix

Aug 13, 2016
The White House.
Favourites:

Teaparty: Absolutely the best. There are so many things good about this map. So many unique and clever strategies and pvp is just excellent, always interesting. If you want successful maps, study each key feature on teaparty, and adapt it to other maps. Everything is good about the map, regardless of how much you play it.

Aztec: Decent map. PVP is very good, but it doesn't look very nice and mid is really far away, and the egg is really far up top. Mediocre map.

Western: One of my favourite maps to play if I am waiting on someone. I dislike the emerald generator, I think it makes PVP harder, but I like hitting people off of the rail track that takes you to the egg, always unique things you can do on the map, too.

Least Favourites

Space. The WORST map. There are a lot of things you can do on this map! (that ruins it for everyone) I would like to say that the concept is very clever. But here's the thing, it doesn't work for eggwars. Basically you either build to Earth or the Sun, or you go to middle. Middle is far too small and is really frustrating to pvp on. Too much goo in the way obstructing you so you cannot run. The planets are so high up it's very easy to camp on. Most games of space last me about 30 minutes for only 16 people in the game, far too many campers and terrible pvp.

Huts. Awful. As stated by me once before: Tries too hard to be a bedwars map with the hole in the middle. Mid is actually pretty decent to pvp, but the islands are awful. Mid is too bland and the islands are so tiny you can never get somebodies egg since they all can immediately jump you like sardines. If the starting islands were bigger and less confined spaces, I'd enjoy it far more.

Pizza. If you don't rush the base opposite you IMMEDIATELY, you're going to have a hard time. You have to prey that your teammate isn't going to spam closest to the iron, so you can rush them. But once that's taken care of, you have to immediately rush middle to get resources. There are only 2 strategies most people use. Either: Rush middle and hog the gold and diamonds, Or: Stay on the tomato with the two diamond generators and camp.
The map is pretty good, but unfortunately it's hard to have a varied play style since there are two main strategies. PVP is very good though.
Oh did I mention? RUSH THE FIRST BASE OPPOSITE YOU.

Anyway that's my personal opinion from playing for almost 2 and a half years.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

ninjaaleen wrote on qKhalidd's profile.
hi
UncleSpect wrote on itsfadedaway's profile.
thank you for the follow! 🎈
UncleSpect wrote on Valyo_nepobedim's profile.
thank you for the follow! 🎈
Kazwa wrote on B0tervlieg's profile.
happy birthday! :)
Kazwa wrote on Baploon's profile.
happy birthday!
Top Bottom