Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Stefanvld

Forum Expert
May 24, 2014
Behind you.
@Marieke2001
"Yeah, but we've no clue about what's going on behind the scenes",
We can't tell you what's happening behind the scenes, that'd be considered leaking and will lead to an instant demotion.

"but cube has about 20 moderators? "
Way more.

"What are the other 15 doing?""

Examples of stuff other staff members do behind the scenes:
- Report bugs
- Test new games/features and help the developers make them perfect
- Moderate chats ingame (Though this is visible most of the time, there'll almost always be a staff member in skywars lobby one, for example.)
- We forward suggestions and we create a lot of suggestions ourselves.

"Staff keeps saying: 'Try to place yourself in our position', but why don't you guys place in members their position?"
We do? What specifically do you mean? Regarding projects like freebuild/parkour/uhc/whatever, or stuff that normal staff members are actually responsible for?

TheFastBowler

Forum Expert
Jul 26, 2016
India
hatrex.net
Now, you have a valid point and all, but you have to realize you can't blame the whole staff team for an anti-cheat that is being worked on by only a few people. While UE designers are paid, helpers and mods (unsure about admins+) do it for free, so not only they're doing this as volunteers, but they also have no affiliation whatsoever with developing the anti-cheat. You can get mad at "the staff" for the anticheat, but guess what, 90% of the staff team isn't working on it. You're making helpers upset, moderators upset, administrators upset, developers upset, owners upset, members upset. Why? Was this thread worth it, @Zelreedy ? About prioritizing work, CCG has multiple developers working on multiple features.

By the end, my point is, people who are impatient are getting pissed off because they don't understand a human life in its basic, go blame them in their faces and call them out, and then what? What is your end @Zelreedy ? Removing staff? Is that how you want to improve the team? Are you for real?

All this thread is doing is, making people upset and depressed because some triggered man decided to say crap on their work, and that work is in most of the cases NOT EVEN THEIRS!

Consider staff members as individuals, sometimes, rather than a group. You're just putting everything and everything together as a single term and noun, "staff" to hate on.

Stop. This is not useful in any way.

@FalseHonesty idk why I am tagging you bruh
Thanks a lot @Ping Ether :-)

Reactions: Ping Ether

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
@Marieke2001
"Yeah, but we've no clue about what's going on behind the scenes",
We can't tell you what's happening behind the scenes, that'd be considered leaking and will lead to an instant demotion.

"but cube has about 20 moderators? "
Way more.

"What are the other 15 doing?""

"Staff keeps saying: 'Try to place yourself in our position', but why don't you guys place in members their position?"
We do? What specifically do you mean? Regarding projects like freebuild/parkour/uhc/whatever, or stuff that normal staff members are actually responsible for?
The point is that staff has lots of moderators, but members only see 5 of them doing reports.

Because staff is invisble we can't see them. Which gives members the feeling that they're never online.

Lots of suggestions are getting denied. Like I mentioned before, @iLoveYouu his thread about assassins could make the game way more fun, but only the coin exchanger got added. What did staff said? Quality over quantity? Why didn't staff waited with the update and tried to fix the whole game? It's not that the game is less broken with the coin exchanger. I'm 99% sure that my teammates at assassins rather have cube working on assassins for 5 months and fixing the whole game, then releasing an update once a while that no ones uses after 2 weeks.

Reactions: Zhypo

Zhypo

Dedicated Member
Jun 3, 2015
Happyland
No need to be butthurt because you didn't get accepted. Why would we have an interview if we'd give people helper straight away after filling in a successful application?
i dont mind lol, but why bother getting interviewed for crap? seems quite useless if you dont get a specifiek reason of denial.

Reactions: Earth

Zelreedy

Oct 6, 2014
Now, you have a valid point and all, but you have to realize you can't blame the whole staff team for an anti-cheat that is being worked on by only a few people. While UE designers are paid, helpers and mods (unsure about admins+) do it for free, so not only they're doing this as volunteers, but they also have no affiliation whatsoever with developing the anti-cheat. You can get mad at "the staff" for the anticheat, but guess what, 90% of the staff team isn't working on it. You're making helpers upset, moderators upset, administrators upset, developers upset, owners upset, members upset. Why? Was this thread worth it, @Zelreedy ? About prioritizing work, CCG has multiple developers working on multiple features.

Reports are not replied to, which increases the amount of hackers we find in game.

Who's responsible for reports? Mods are. Mods are to be blamed for such an issue.

A lot of bugs, which are more than a year old, still are available to date and they don't/won't seem to ever get fixed (i.e the "SEARCHING FOR GAMES" sign that appears in the map section, the disturbing map shuffle, and many more.)

Who's responsible for fixing bugs? Devs are. Devs are to be blamed for such an issue.

but what happens instead is more and more Eggwars maps

Who is responsible for building a diversity of maps in every gamemode? Builders are. Builders are to be blamed for such an issue.

Other Staff, such as Admins and Owners, pay the least attention to our suggestions. They don't take them into consideration until they experience it themselves.

Who's responsible for hearing the community and taking their suggestions into consideration? Admins and Owners are. Admins and Owners are to be blamed for such an issue.

I'm not sure you read the thread thoroughly. Don't tell me I'm blaming some Staff for something they're not responsible of, or that I'm making them upset. Because the truth is, every Staff position is not fulfilling its duty in a way or another.

By the end, my point is, people who are impatient are getting pissed off because they don't understand a human life in its basic, go blame them in their faces and call them out, and then what? What is your end @Zelreedy ? Removing staff? Is that how you want to improve the team? Are you for real?

All this thread is doing is, making people upset and depressed because some triggered man decided to say crap on their work, and that work is in most of the cases NOT EVEN THEIRS!

Consider staff members as individuals, sometimes, rather than a group. You're just putting everything and everything together as a single term and noun, "staff" to hate on.

Stop. This is not useful in any way.

My end? All I seek from this topic is to be heard and share my opinion, expecting my suggestions to be heard and taken into consideration. Apparently, it's not only I who thinks CCG is not doing good at the moment, since some players agree with me too. I never said I want any Staff Member to be removed; I said I want Staff Members to be improved.

Your bold reply was already answered by me in the beginning of this post.
I don't think I can stand seeing the word volunteer anymore. Please, before you say it, make sure you read all my replies about Staff volunteering. I'm more and more convinced that you guys have the same thing to repeat over and over again, as if you copy-paste your replies from a pre-made directory written by Owners and Admins.

Stefanvld

Forum Expert
May 24, 2014
Behind you.
Lots of suggestions are getting denied. Like I mentioned before, @iLoveYouu his thread about assassins could make the game way more fun, but only the coin exchanger got added. What did staff said? Quality over quantity? Why didn't staff waited with the update and tried to fix the whole game? It's not that the game is less broken with the coin exchanger. I'm 99% sure that my teammates at assassins rather have cube working on assassins for 5 months and fixing the whole game, then releasing an update once a while that no ones uses after 2 weeks.
You can't blame the staff members for this, we don't decide what gets added.
upload_2016-10-1_14-51-25.png

I have suggested a lot of stuff myself too (these two involve assassins.) Only one of the things in one thread I suggested got added. Normal staff members do NOT decide what gets added, nor should everyone be mad at the ones who do now. They own the server, it's up to them to add something or not.

i dont mind lol, but why bother getting interviewed for crap? seems quite useless if you dont get a specifiek reason of denial.
You do seem butthurt though :p. We have interviews for a reason. We ask certain questions in it for a reason, if you don't do well in the interview, you don't get staff. If you'd fill in an application for a job at a store, you get invited for an interview and you do 'shit' in the interview, you would not be given the job. End of the argument.

Zelreedy

Oct 6, 2014
Though a few points people make are valid to a certain extend, most of the stuff members say are assumptions. You are not stating facts.

https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/report-84-thecrazyspekk.152613/
First Fact Mods are not doing reports as much.
When I say the server has had no anti-cheat for a long time now, am I not stating a fact?
When I say Admins and Owners don't listen to most suggestions, am I not stating a fact? This thread is an evidence. Can you tell me why haven't any Admin or Owner reply to this thread?
When I say Builders are not building a diversity of maps in every gamemode, am I not stating a fact?

Examples of stuff other staff members do behind the scenes:
- Report bugs
- Test new games/features and help the developers make them perfect
- Moderate chats ingame (Though this is visible most of the time, there'll almost always be a staff member in skywars lobby one, for example.)
- We forward suggestions and we create a lot of suggestions ourselves.

I mean, thank you for doing all that, but I don't think you get recruited as Staff to mainly do such stuff. 2 out of 4 of the things you just mentioned are done by Members as well. For the other 2 that only Staff can do, I don't think it's of that importance that you have to mention it in this thread.

To have all staff be active and do a lot of work every single day would be ideal, but is practially impossible. I know some staff members could be a little bit more active, but we cannot force them to, nor do we want to. This is why we recruit new staff and why inactive staff get demoted. If you feel like you can make a change, feel free to join us here. https://www.cubecraft.net/forums/staff-applications.54/

That something is not visible to you, does not mean it doesn't exist.

It's a repeated cycle. New Mods are recruited to help the community, old Mods think New Mods are excited about the job and leave it to them, then Old Mods become inactive and resign, get demoted, or neither.

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
But guys, so many people, including me, have tried to say to staff that they're doing things wrong, but they won't listen. It doesn't care how many times we've to say it, some will NEVER learn it.
Another failed thread to let staff know that they're handeling things the wrong way.

LilNugget

Dedicated Member
Jun 21, 2016
McDonalds
Staff keeps saying: 'Try to place yourself in our position', but why don't you guys place in members their position?
Because we have been a member before, you can't critizize us because you don't know what it is like being a staff member on a large server. No one is ever 100% happy.

larswijn

Dedicated Member
When I say Admins and Owners don't listen to most suggestions, am I not stating a fact? This thread is an evidence. Can you tell me why haven't any Admin or Owner reply to this thread?
Please. Look/think before you say things: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/what-is-happening.162688/page-4#post-657215
(Yes, that was not a real reaction, more like extra info. Still, they are noticing this and replying to it.)
Also, the amount of staff replying on this thread is quite big...

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
Also, to add on, I don't think any of you know exactly how many reports we have and how fast new reports come through.
Staff keeps saying that they're trying to do as much reports as they can and tries to reply to 2 months old threads, but they messed up badly, because there shouldn't be a 2 month old report.

Stefanvld

Forum Expert
May 24, 2014
Behind you.
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/report-84-thecrazyspekk.152613/
First Fact Mods are not doing reports as much.
When I say the server has had no anti-cheat for a long time now, am I not stating a fact?
When I say Builders are not building a diversity of maps in every gamemode, am I not stating a fact?
  • One report not being replied to does not prove anything, it could've been lost. Which should not happen, I agree. I know there recently were some problems concerning reports, but we're starting to get back on track which is great.
  • "when I say Admins and Owners don't listen to most suggestions" That they do not reply, doesn't mean they don't look at it. The good and realistic suggestion threads get forwarded by us to higher staff. Whether they end up getting added or not, is up to them.
  • I don't know anything about the anti-cheat, so I can't provide any information on that.
  • Builders are building a diversity of maps, this doesn't mean they all get released at the same time.
I said that most of the stuff are assumptions, not everything.

I mean, thank you for doing all that, but I don't think you get recruited as Staff to mainly do such stuff. 2 out of 4 of the things you just mentioned are done by Members as well. For the other 2 that only Staff can do, I don't think it's of that importance that you have to mention it in this thread.
Staff members are recruited to do a variety of tasks, they're volunteers, we can't force them to do stuff they don't want to. As long as they help out, they're doing great.

It's a repeated cycle. New Mods are recruited to help the community, old Mods think New Mods are excited about the job and leave it to them, then Old Mods become inactive and resign, get demoted, or neither.
Me, @Rororoyourboat, @ImABubbleHead, @Moooofin, @JesperGeakko, etc. are all old staff members by now, would you say we're inactive? Inactivity has nothing to do with whether a staff member is new or old. If a staff member goes inactive, this is often for personal reasons.

Because we have been a member before, you can't critizize us because you don't know what it is like being a staff member on a large server. No one is ever 100% happy.
Also, to add on, I don't think any of you know exactly how many reports we have and how fast new reports come through.
Preach.

Staff keeps saying that they're trying to do as much reports as they can and tries to reply to 2 months old threads, but they messed up badly, because there shouldn't be a 2 month old report.
"Because we have been a member before, you can't critizize us because you don't know what it is like being a staff member on a large server. No one is ever 100% happy."

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
  • One report not being replied to does not prove anything, it could've been lost. Which should not happen, I agree. I know there recently were some problems concerning reports, but we're starting to get back on track which is great.
  • "when I say Admins and Owners don't listen to most suggestions" That they do not reply, doesn't mean they don't look at it. The good and realistic suggestion threads get forwarded by us to higher staff. Whether they end up getting added or not, is up to them.
  • I don't know anything about the anti-cheat, so I can't provide any information on that.
  • Builders are building a diversity of maps, this doesn't mean they all get released at the same time.
I said that most of the stuff are assumptions, not everything.

Staff members are recruited to do a variety of tasks, they're volunteers, we can't force them to do stuff they don't want to. As long as they help out, they're doing great.

Me, @Rororoyourboat, @ImABubbleHead, @Moooofin, @JesperGeakko, etc. are all old staff members by now, would you say we're inactive? Inactivity has nothing to do with whether a staff member is new or old. If a staff member goes inactive, this is often for personal reasons.

Preach.

"Because we have been a member before, you can't critizize us because you don't know what it is like being a staff member on a large server. No one is ever 100% happy."
To add on staff cant get to every report theres way to many, they cant be perfect

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
To have all staff be active and do a lot of work every single day would be ideal, but is practially impossible. I know some staff members could be a little bit more active, but we cannot force them to, nor do we want to. This is why we recruit new staff and why inactive staff get demoted. If you feel like you can make a change, feel free to join us here. https://www.cubecraft.net/forums/staff-applications.54/
I've seen 4 or 5 members that were 24/7 at the forums getting promoted to helper, to mod, but now I don't see them replying anymore to anything. I get that they're doing things behind the scenes, but is it so hard to reply to threads, which takes 5 mins max?

Ping Ether

Forum Veteran
Jun 2, 2016
Italy
Who's responsible for reports? Mods are. Mods are to be blamed for such an issue.
Jesus christ, there are over 200 reports a day.
Who's responsible for fixing bugs? Devs are. Devs are to be blamed for such an issue.
We only have a few human devs, it's not their fault directly but the lack of their number.
Who is responsible for building a diversity of maps in every gamemode? Builders are. Builders are to be blamed for such an issue.
Maps require a lot of work, and also you wanted to prioritize works? Eggwars is the most popular gamemode, so there you have it, prioritizing eggwars maps.
Who's responsible for hearing the community and taking their suggestions into consideration? Admins and Owners are. Admins and Owners are to be blamed for such an issue.
90% of common suggestions are /report and pls fix hax plsss
There are more accepted suggestions than you think.
Were you expecting them to play a block game for the rest of their life?

Reactions: Stefanvld

Stefanvld

Forum Expert
May 24, 2014
Behind you.
I've seen 4 or 5 members that were 24/7 at the forums getting promoted to helper, to mod, but now I don't see them replying anymore to anything. I get that they're doing things behind the scenes, but is it so hard to reply to threads, which takes 5 mins max?
1. Because of the stuff they do as a staff member, they will have less and less time to do the stuff they did as a helper.
2. Activity (as in: replying to every thread, 'being on 24/7' ) has nothing to do with qualities as a staff member.

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
You can't blame the staff members for this, we don't decide what gets added.
View attachment 116474
I have suggested a lot of stuff myself too (these two involve assassins.) Only one of the things in one thread I suggested got added. Normal staff members do NOT decide what gets added, nor should everyone be mad at the ones who do now. They own the server, it's up to them to add something or not.

You do seem butthurt though :p. We have interviews for a reason. We ask certain questions in it for a reason, if you don't do well in the interview, you don't get staff. If you'd fill in an application for a job at a store, you get invited for an interview and you do 'shit' in the interview, you would not be given the job. End of the argument.
Boom headshot!

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
Jesus christ, there are over 200 reports a day.

We only have a few human devs, it's not their fault directly but the lack of their number.

Maps require a lot of work, and also you wanted to prioritize works? Eggwars is the most popular gamemode, so there you have it, prioritizing eggwars maps.

90% of common suggestions are /report and pls fix hax plsss
There are more accepted suggestions than you think.

Were you expecting them to play a block game for the rest of their life?
Because i have all the time i could want i probably could get those 200 done in a couple hours

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

JellyFish01 wrote on Fesa's profile.
Sorry, I thought you are just mad at me. I keep reporting these stuff, and thought my name is all over the reports. :)
UncleSpect wrote on Verbramdt's profile.
Hi Bram! Welcome back! I missed you bro 🥹
UncleSpect wrote on Frontlane's profile.
🤍
throwing my mouse hard enough on the wall for a grand total of 7 times as a result of gamer rage somehow fixed the liftoff distance issues

also don't worry about me it's not that deep it's just anger issues and being the usual failure at everything including the simplest video games
JellyFish01 wrote on Fesa's profile.
You said "I SEE YOUR NAME ALL OVER REPORTS" You literally scream in my face. Yall want me to not report such bugs? I know that the bug is fixed
You don't have to reply with a longer message.
Top Bottom