Votes: 2 20.0%
  • NONE OF THEM

Votes: 5 50.0%

• Total voters

Pyups🎄

Novice Member
Apr 13, 2020
a jolly rancher
Hey so my idea is to give credit to 1-5 threads a week, i have a few ways to implement this feature let me know which one you like best

SOLUTION 1: add a custom prefix like the "escalated" prefix. a couple different prefixes that could be added include the "Notable" tag

SOLUTION 2: make a thread for the home page with all the threads linked as well as a brief summery of each one

SOLUTION 3: add the threads to the sticky thread section for a week

Last edited:

404Owl

Dedicated Member
Mar 18, 2020
the procrasti-nation
As long as they get removed from the list of sticky threads after their week is up, option 3 sounds pretty cool.

Giving some sort if credit to people that have good ideas and write their threads really well would honestly be super cool.

ShinyArrow

Forum Expert
Aug 31, 2019
The Netherlands
Pronouns
He/Him
Hi! I disagree with all the 3 suggestions. First of all when a thread gets escalated it already receives a lot of attention. People will look at the suggestion just because it's escalated. Another tag seems unnecessary and messy in my opinion, what will happen with the notable tag if the thread gets escalated?

The threads which will be added to the sticky thread will mostly be the escalated or implemented threads, since those suggestions are from high quality. -1

Maaarijn

Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2017
het land van kroketten, frikandellen
www.youtube.com
Hi! I disagree with all the 3 suggestions. First of all when a thread gets escalated it already receives a lot of attention. People will look at the suggestion just because it's escalated. Another tag seems unnecessary and messy in my opinion, what will happen with the notable tag if the thread gets escalated?

The threads which will be added to the sticky thread will mostly be the escalated or implemented threads, since those suggestions are from high quality. -1
I agree with this.

Also the sticky threads are mostly useful and important threads. If some random threads would be added to that list it could make it harder to find the important sticky threads when someone needs those.
I appreciate the idea of giving some more fame to the people that wrote good threads, but as said above I think the escalated and implemented tags already provide that.

Pyups🎄

Novice Member
Apr 13, 2020
a jolly rancher
I agree with this.

Also the sticky threads are mostly useful and important threads. If some random threads would be added to that list it could make it harder to find the important sticky threads when someone needs those.
I appreciate the idea of giving some more fame to the people that wrote good threads, but as said above I think the escalated and implemented tags already provide that.
It’s not like they would be there forever. It clearly says they would olny be there for a week. It is not that hard to find the important. Threads when there is olny one other that rotates every week

Pyups🎄

Novice Member
Apr 13, 2020
a jolly rancher

For your 1st point one of my threads got escalated and no after it did so responses also escalated threads only used to indicate that the staff team will talk about the changes. That doesn’t include things like a guides for the different game that take upwards of weeks to complete. My next point is I’ve seen multiple threads with the escalated tag have olny 3 sentences.

xHappyMood

Forum Expert
Apr 10, 2020
The Land Of Pigs
First of all when a thread gets escalated it already receives a lot of attention. People will look at the suggestion just because it's escalated.
True, but ‘quality’ threads don’t always have to be in Feedback & Suggestions. It can be a guide for a certain game where weeks of work have gone into.
Another tag seems unnecessary and messy in my opinion, what will happen with the notable tag if the thread gets escalated?
If you have option 2 or 3, you don’t need another tag.
The threads which will be added to the sticky thread will mostly be the escalated or implemented threads, since those suggestions are from high quality.
If they are threads of high quality, they deserve as much attention as they can get. Also, as mentioned earlier, the thread doesn’t have to be in Feedback & Suggestions.
Fixed by using either option 1 or 2.
Once again, it doesn’t have to be in Feedback & Suggestions :)

I agree with option 2! It seems better than option 1, and certainly better than option 3 (because as the threads don’t all have to be in the same subforum the sticky threads would be spread across the forums). Very good suggestion! :D

Reactions: Gregeyy

ShinyArrow

Forum Expert
Aug 31, 2019
The Netherlands
Pronouns
He/Him
True, but ‘quality’ threads don’t always have to be in Feedback & Suggestions. It can be a guide for a certain game where weeks of work have gone into.
If you have option 2 or 3, you don’t need another tag.
This was an answer about why I disagreed with the first suggestion, it wasn’t an answer on suggestion 2 & 3.
If they are threads of high quality, they deserve as much attention as they can get. Also, as mentioned earlier, the thread doesn’t have to be in Feedback & Suggestions.
I agree with the fact that high quality threads deserve much attention, however I still disagree with those suggestions. As Maaarijn already mentioned adding threads to the sticky threads will look messy/makes it harder to find the important threads someone is looking for.
Fixed by using either option 1 or 2.
This was his answer on why he disagreed with suggestion 3. So saying this isn’t an fair argument, since he didn’t say this for suggestion 1 & 2.

Also there are already places to get more attention for your post. You can bump a thread twice or post a link from the thread on your profile, with this you’re able to get more attention for your threads.

Pyups🎄

Novice Member
Apr 13, 2020
a jolly rancher
This was an answer about why I disagreed with the first suggestion, it wasn’t an answer on suggestion 2 & 3.

I agree with the fact that high quality threads deserve much attention, however I still disagree with those suggestions. As Maaarijn already mentioned adding threads to the sticky threads will look messy/makes it harder to find the important threads someone is looking for.

This was his answer on why he disagreed with suggestion 3. So saying this isn’t an fair argument, since he didn’t say this for suggestion 1 & 2.

Also there are already places to get more attention for your post. You can bump a thread twice or post a link from the thread on your profile, with this you’re able to get more attention for your threads.
So then why wouldn’t you vote #3 you have given valid reason on why the first two are bad and you think post deserve more attention so what’s wrong with #3

Reactions: xHappyMood

ShinyArrow

Forum Expert
Aug 31, 2019
The Netherlands
Pronouns
He/Him
So then why wouldn’t you vote #3 you have given valid reason on why the first two are bad and you think post deserve more attention so what’s wrong with #3
Because this will add less important threads in the sticky section, which will make it messier and harder to find the thread someone is looking for. If for example the best suggestion of the week/month/etc will get added in the sticky threads section, the other threads will get less attention, while these threads are more important in my opinion.

Also as I already said, there are a lot of possibilities to receive more attention for your suggestion. (Bump your suggestion twice or make an alert as a profile post).

xHappyMood

Forum Expert
Apr 10, 2020
The Land Of Pigs

You seem to have found something why 1 & 3 are not good, so what’s wrong with 2?

ShinyArrow

Forum Expert
Aug 31, 2019
The Netherlands
Pronouns
He/Him
You seem to have found something why 1 & 3 are not good, so what’s wrong with 2?
I said why I disagreed with all of the 3 suggestion above^. But I disagreed with suggestion 2, because:
I don’t think this is necessary, since there are already multiple ways to receive attention.

xHappyMood

Forum Expert
Apr 10, 2020
The Land Of Pigs
I said why I disagreed with all of the 3 suggestion above^. But I disagreed with suggestion 2, because:
🤔
I don’t think this is necessary, since there are already multiple ways to receive attention.
You can bump a thread. But you either do it when no one is online, and it stays in the sidebar for long but no one sees it, or when everyone is online and it stays in the sidebar for a short amount of time and no one sees it again. Same goes for profile posts.

Pyups🎄

Novice Member
Apr 13, 2020
a jolly rancher

It’s cool to get a onrage tag and all but if I want to become part of a community I would choose the one that goes out of there way to recognize good work, also can you repeat you reason for not wanting #3 I can’t find it

Pyups🎄

Novice Member
Apr 13, 2020
a jolly rancher

What about the new people to the community. If the cubecraft forums go out of there way to make a simple post a week. That goes a long way in bring new people to the forums. + answer this what is the longest thread you have every kept alive? For me it’s like a week and I worked on the thread for like 4 weeks. Plus this is less to give attention to threads but show the best part of the fourms. For instance if you browse the forums half of them are like three sentence threads. If you add good threads to the home page it’s less about helping the creators and more about showing the best of the forums not the most recent of it

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Basketman wrote on BicolourSine41's profile.
Thanks for the follow! ❤️
Thjis wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy Bday!
Basketman wrote on savina875's profile.
Thanks for the follow!
Thunder wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy birthday!
Halloween Zoomed.png

I miss spooky season :(
Top Bottom