Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
D

Deleted member 169486

Everyone has had it happen, their report is denied because they don't have the proper warnings. My suggestion is to remove the need for warnings.

Warnings themselves don't always work, the person may not see it, they may not understand it, and the language barrier between players makes it nearly impossible to report report players that don't speak your language.

Similar to this thread, when you first log in, there should be a list of links to pages of the rules in different languages. When they select the language they understand they will be brought to a page with the rules and telling you what to do. To accually use the server you would need to type accept in chat, but it would only say that in the link.

This would remove the language barrier and people saying they didn't see warning/know the rules because they had to click on the link to know how to join the server.

EDIT: About swearing, shouldn't the chat filter keep those words out of chat? Then this would only happen if they try a way around it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: DrHam and MpN_YT

_Razz_

Nov 30, 2016
I did support that idea (the link in your thread) and I will also support this idea.

Krealίxx

Novice Member
Nov 27, 2016
Earth
I really like the idea but having to type "accept" in chat would kind of be weird and what if they don't have an english keyboard?

Also for swearing some people might accidentally swear, you know, sometimes when you get really mad? Good to remind them to not swear, and possibly add a filter to swear words so if they bypass it then it's like intentional.

As for teaming in skywars and other things that require warnings, what you said would be good.

BlueMoon475

Forum Expert
Feb 8, 2014
Land O' Corn
I strongly disagree with this. People who swear, intentional or accidental, reading the rules or not, deserve the right to have a second chance before being muted. That's what the warning system is for: to give them a chance to correct their behavior. If you report without giving them a warning and they're muted for it, how is that fair?

Krealίxx

Novice Member
Nov 27, 2016
Earth
I strongly disagree with this. People who swear, intentional or accidental, reading the rules or not, deserve the right to have a second chance before being muted. That's what the warning system is for: to give them a chance to correct their behavior. If you report without giving them a warning and they're muted for it, how is that fair?

^ ^ ^ I do agree with it, but for things like teaming in skywars, first off it's a 1 day ban. Second off, it's 100% intentional. Third off, they read the rules and common sense. For swearing and stuff yeah yeah.

BlueMoon475

Forum Expert
Feb 8, 2014
Land O' Corn
^ ^ ^ I do agree with it, but for things like teaming in skywars, first off it's a 1 day ban. Second off, it's 100% intentional. Third off, they read the rules and common sense. For swearing and stuff yeah yeah.
Unless they don't know about the teaming rule. A lot of people are still unaware it's not allowed so its reasonable to tell them not to team. If they continue after that initial warning then yeah feel free to report them.

Krealίxx

Novice Member
Nov 27, 2016
Earth
Unless they don't know about the teaming rule. A lot of people are still unaware it's not allowed so its reasonable to tell them not to team. If they continue after that initial warning then yeah feel free to report them.

I'm pretty sure everyone knows that teaming is not allowed in solo mode, plus it says in red it's not allowed right after you begin a game.

In my opinion warning someone isn't hard at all, it's just if you warn someone, one of them dies from another player and so they get killed before you can report them. I'm by no means a reporting fanatic trying to report everyone I can, but if they re-team next time and you couldn't do anything about it.

D

Deleted member 169486

If you report them and they don't speak your language or don't understand it how is that fair. They have read the rules and the first punishment is their warning.

D

Deleted member 169486

Oh yeah, I mean it's not on the rules, written on the info board, and written in big red text when the game start.

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
Everyone has had it happen, their report is denied because they don't have the proper warnings. My suggestion is to remove the need for warnings.

Warnings themselves don't always work, the person may not see it, they may not understand it, and the language barrier between players makes it nearly impossible to report report players that don't speak your language.

Similar to this thread, when you first log in, there should be a list of links to pages of the rules in different languages. When they select the language they understand they will be brought to a page with the rules and telling you what to do. To accually use the server you would need to type accept in chat, but it would only say that in the link.

This would remove the language barrier and people saying they didn't see warning/know the rules because they had to click on the link to know how to join the server.
the real problem is that players who say swore when just smashing their heads on their keyboard
so not even on Purpose get reported from rage because of a hacker

tell me, don't you kind of think that may be really really unfair to the player whom may have a real life medical condition for their brain that makes them have real strong opinions otherwise

this is a good reason they are useful

D

Deleted member 169486

the real problem is that players who say swore when just smashing their heads on their keyboard
so not even on Purpose get reported from rage because of a hacker

tell me, don't you kind of think that may be really really unfair to the player whom may have a real life medical condition for their brain that makes them have real strong opinions otherwise

this is a good reason they are useful
I get angry all the time while playing, yet I don't swear at people. Be honest, how many people do you think play minecraft with a condition that effects their control on what they type?

D

Deleted member 169486

To everyone saying they deserve a second chance, the 'warning' for a hacker is a one month ban, and in game there is no place to even see the rules.

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
I get angry all the time while playing, yet I don't swear at people. Be honest, how many people do you think play minecraft with a condition that effects their control on what they type?
no you didn't swear on purpose

you hit you keyboard in an angry way
like:
v/liosh;ddddf ;u;t awserewwws

except something in there happened to be a swear

Max ♠

Forum Expert
Feb 20, 2016
North pole
you hit you keyboard in an angry way
like:
v/liosh;ddddf ;u;t awserewwws

except something in there happened to be a swear
Considering the chance of hitting a key is 1/104 (104 keys is the most used amount by companies http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch001598.htm)

There's a 0.000000854804191% chance of you typing "shit" or any other 4 letter swearword

It would take 1.169.858 people to slam their head on their keyboard for that to happen, Considering I've maybe seen 1-5 players do something like that in the 4 years I've played minecraft, AND considering that nowhere near everyone reports for swearing. CubeCraft will most likely die out before this even happens (which I dont see happening for a long time).

Based on random chance ^

On a more realistic note:
Unless you have a REALLY small forehead or REALLY big keys on your keyboard it will never happen since you will always end up hitting multiple keys at once. As far as I can think of there are no swearwords that only use adjacent keys in English/Dutch/German.

I'm bored sorry for rant

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net
I would agree with removing a teaming warning as teaming is a pretty small offense anyway. Swearing bough can be different as a lot of people swear with their friends on the server and sometimes that leaks in global chat. There would always be that kid who reports every single person he sees swearing and about half players would receive a mute for swearing at one point xD I would be fine with making racial slurs and other hate speech instant mute able though as that is something I doubt anyone would just be joking with their friends about on a minecraft server...

Reactions: Max ♠
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Reesle wrote on Otherworld's profile.
Cool banner!
LitDs have been about the normal, human-to-human relationships in the world, so there's a lot of ideas that I want to write, that are not so grand or lore-focused.

But I don't really want to write anymore.

I literally went through today with no motivation to do ANYTHING... help me.
This past week has seriously been the worst. Terrible things keep happening one after the other.
I have no motivation to write (as well as a bunch of things that I need to get done). However, I have this random plot idea of a new LitD. Two characters who are rivals in many cooking competitions throughout their lives but one of them is in love with the other.

1716070529301.png
Matriox wrote on Frontlane's profile.
🕺
Top Bottom