Livvv

Pineapplerator - Daily Quotes
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Mar 27, 2017
Swedish noodles
2018-05-24_13.49.35.png

2018-05-24_13.51.57.png

I have notice that a lot of people leave the game when it doesn't start and I understand them, it's not fun at all to wait.

My suggestion is to make the timer start to count down at 20 players.
But I don't think the game should start with just 20 players, if it would just start to count down from maybe 90-100, more players would stay and it would fill up to 33 and the game would be able to start with that.

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
Yea, I've been playing quite a bit of Battle Zone over the past few days, and the biggest issue is starting up games. It might just be because of my timezone, but it's rather hard to have consecutive games of BZ. That is likely because everyone usually die out pretty fast, and end up waiting for the rest of the players to join. Typically if people see a lobby of ~18 ish they'll probably stay for a bit, but will leave if more players don't join.

Livvv

Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Mar 27, 2017
Swedish noodles
Yea, I've been playing quite a bit of Battle Zone over the past few days, and the biggest issue is starting up games. It might just be because of my timezone, but it's rather hard to have consecutive games of BZ. That is likely because everyone usually die out pretty fast, and end up waiting for the rest of the players to join. Typically if people see a lobby of ~18 ish they'll probably stay for a bit, but will leave if more players don't join.
The game filled up to 25 players, when people notice that the timer didn't even start they started to leave and at the end, it was just me and my 2 party members left. Making the timer start would at least keep some players in the game.

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
The game filled up to 25 players, when people notice that the timer didn't even start they started to leave and at the end, it was just me and my 2 party members left. Making the timer start would at least keep some players in the game.

My thoughts exactly, most people don't have patience and it's quite understandable. Sometimes the lobby won't even fill up for a hour due to this constant leaving and entering cycle. Less players for the countdown would keep players waiting owo.

Livvv

Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Mar 27, 2017
Swedish noodles
My thoughts exactly, most people don't have patience and it's quite understandable. Sometimes the lobby won't even fill up for a hour due to this constant leaving and entering cycle. Less players for the countdown would keep players waiting owo.
It's the exact same problem on UHC, people don't understand that if they just stay, the game will start, they just leave and try to join another game.

Commissioned

Forum Expert
Apr 9, 2016
argleton
tbh this is probably more down to timezones. like anytime i am on from 16:00 to 20:00 gmt games fill up within 2 minutes, so i suppose it's just bad luck on your part.
but +1 to the idea

Livvv

Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Mar 27, 2017
Swedish noodles
tbh this is probably more down to timezones. like anytime i am on from 16:00 to 20:00 gmt games fill up within 2 minutes, so i suppose it's just bad luck on your part.
but +1 to the idea
Sweden, pretty good timezone if you think about when people play on the server. It's just sometimes when people don't want to wait and leave.

The time was 1:53pm for me when I made this thread, people joined the game but left because the timer never started, if the timer would have started earlier, people would have stayed.

Commissioned

Forum Expert
Apr 9, 2016
argleton
Sweden, pretty good timezone if you think about when people play on the server. It's just sometimes when people don't want to wait and leave.

The time was 1:53pm for me when I made this thread, people joined the game but left because the timer never started, if the timer would have started earlier, people would have stayed.
1:53pm is school hours so I'm not surprised no one joined

Jef15ist

Dedicated Member
Jun 7, 2016
India
It's the exact same problem on UHC, people don't understand that if they just stay, the game will start, they just leave and try to join another game.
Sorry but no one really plays that game anymore except for few people who're willing to just play for the leaderboards. If you play that game it's probably because of the fact that other games are quite boring.

Just had to say that. On topic though:
This is the problem with every game. Players. UHC started with 30/40 players max(Not sure). They could've easily gone the Hypixel way and made it a 100. Why? Player population. Battlezone is a fun game, but with 100 players playing. After a few weeks, the lobby would have a max fill of 60-80. Slowly, this number will keep degrading.

To fight this:
Lowering the player count needed to start a game would be a good solution as you mentioned. The hard part is finding that sweet spot where the game doesn't feel really empty, and to have a good experience.

Another solution to attract players is to have a multiplier event where exp/points (either one) is doubled. It's sure to attract a lot of players.

Reactions: Livvv

Livvv

Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Mar 27, 2017
Swedish noodles
Sorry but no one really plays that game anymore except for few people who're willing to just play for the leaderboards. If you play that game it's probably because of the fact that other games are quite boring.

Just had to say that. On topic though:
This is the problem with every game. Players. UHC started with 30/40 players max(Not sure). They could've easily gone the Hypixel way and made it a 100. Why? Player population. Battlezone is a fun game, but with 100 players playing. After a few weeks, the lobby would have a max fill of 60-80. Slowly, this number will keep degrading.

To fight this:
Lowering the player count needed to start a game would be a good solution as you mentioned. The hard part is finding that sweet spot where the game doesn't feel really empty, and to have a good experience.

Another solution to attract players is to have a multiplier event where exp/points (either one) is doubled. It's sure to attract a lot of players.
I didn't really wanted the game to start at 20 players, just start to count down. If the game doesn't have 33 players when the timer is at 0, it start to count down from 20-30 again since 20 players are too few to play this game.

Just having the timer counting down would help though since people just see "Oh, the game will start" and that keep them waiting.

They could also just lower the amount of players from 100 to 80 since people think that 100 is too much and many new players think that the game have to fill up to start which also make them leave and I haven't seen a game with over 70 players for a while now.

Reactions: Jef15ist
Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Critly wrote on Kloska's profile.
Happy Birthday, enjoy your day! 🎉
Basketman wrote on Kloska's profile.
Happy Birthday mister Ducky 🎉🥳
BurgerCat13 wrote on Kloska's profile.
Happy birthday Kloskyy!!!