• Total voters

CyberAutumn

Dedicated Member
Feb 25, 2017
Around
Pronouns
She/They
Hello!

Has anyone noticed that stone ranks can vote in a lot of games now, mainly for maps? Well, I've been thinking, and I feel like the ranks should have a higher vote over the stones.

I was playing the Arcade with three of my friends, all ranks of diamond or higher, and we all voted for the same map. When everyone else joined the game, all stones, three more stones voted for a different map. That map won. Why? I don't know. I feel like ranks, as we payed for the rank, need to have the higher vote.

Should this be implemented?

~Cyber.

D

Deleted member 100818

Agreed, rankers should always have a vote advantage. That would be another cool feature for rankers and it would be fair to all ranked people.

Reactions: CyberAutumn

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
In the games where the stone ranks can vote, you can only vote for maps since said server doesn't provide you with different servers that each correspond to their own maps. I think it's best to have stone ranks also be able to vote for maps, just so they always get a say in what map they can play on just like they can choose maps on other games.

D

Deleted member 100818

In the games where the stone ranks can vote, you can only vote for maps since said server doesn't provide you with different servers that each correspond to their own maps. I think it's best to have stone ranks also be able to vote for maps, just so they always get a say in what map they can play on just like they can choose maps on other games.
I don't wanna start another 10 posts per person here again, but I'd like to add that they do still have that chance but basically just less chance, which I agree to.

CyberAutumn

Dedicated Member
Feb 25, 2017
Around
Pronouns
She/They
I know why stone ranks can vote, but the fact that their voting abilities overpower the ranks who payed money to vote is absurd. Buying a rank to vote is literally one of the main reasons people get them. If stone ranks have the same voting abilities (as in chance, not if they can vote in games or not) as ranks, then there's no point in getting a rank for that reason. I am simply saying that ranks should have a higher voting chance of actually getting said map/abilities voted for then stones.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
www.cubecraft.net
I know why stone ranks can vote, but the fact that their voting abilities overpower the ranks who payed money to vote is absurd. Buying a rank to vote is literally one of the main reasons people get them. If stone ranks have the same voting abilities (as in chance, not if they can vote in games or not) as ranks, then there's no point in getting a rank for that reason. I am simply saying that ranks should have a higher voting chance of actually getting said map/abilities voted for then stones.
Think of it like this: Stone ranks usually get to pick maps they play through a gamemode.
As far as I know, only arcade has a system where you can vote for maps, since there's a lack of actual map boards. I honestly think stone ranks should be able to have a say in what map they play and not have it influenced by a rank's decision. It's just like how they can pick the map they want to play on a map board.
Having ranks have a higher voting priority when it comes to maps just seems wrong at that point.
Besides, ranks have the option to vote for game modifiers in the arcade games anyways.

I don't wanna start another 10 posts per person here again, but I'd like to add that they do still have that chance but basically just less chance, which I agree to.
Now here's something I definitely don't want to see: Votes that count more than other votes.
I don't know about you, but having one person's vote count more than another's is completely unfair and throws away the key aspect to a voting system. All votes are supposed to be equal.

Also: Are there any other gamemodes where there are no signs & maps are voted for in the waiting lobby?

Reactions: Cubo ㅤ

CyberAutumn

Dedicated Member
Feb 25, 2017
Around
Pronouns
She/They
I honestly think stone ranks should be able to have a say in what map they play and not have it influenced by a rank's decision. It's just like how they can pick the map they want to play on a map board.
Ranks are made for a reason. One of the main aspects of getting a rank is voting options. I'm not saying take the stone ranks abilities to vote away all together, but the fact that they have equal voting is, in my opinion, stupid. I spent 300 dollars for my rank, and now I am having to face people who have spent no money at all having their votes over mine. Do you think that's fair?
Having ranks have a higher voting priority when it comes to maps just seems wrong at that point.
Besides, ranks have the option to vote for game modifiers in the arcade games anyways.
How is it wrong? The whole point of a rank is to have more abilities than normal players. Again, I spent 300 dollars on my rank. It's upsetting that people that have spent no money at all have the same abilities as me.
Now here's something I definitely don't want to see: Votes that count more than other votes.
I don't know about you, but having one person's vote count more than another's is completely unfair and throws away the key aspect to a voting system. All votes are supposed to be equal.
Votes are suppose to be equal, yes... For ranks. I still think it's completely absurd that stone ranks have the same chance as ranks. I respect your opinion, but I see it as wasting money for a rank if stone ranks have almost the same perks as ranks. Yes, I have fly. Yes, I have other voting options. I have the vanity, rewards, etc. But voting is the main part. If stone ranks have the same voting options as ranks, then why get a rank at all?

D

Deleted member 100818

Think of it like this:

Hmm, get your point here. I thought of it like this: You donated several pounds/euro's/dollars to the server for a rank, which gives you a few advantages including voting, so why would the default (stone) rank have the same equality as ranks? On the other hand, I do agree with your point of viewm votes are indeed supposed to be equal.

Think of it like this: Stone ranks usually get to pick maps they play through a gamemode.
As far as I know, only arcade has a system where you can vote for maps, since there's a lack of actual map boards. I honestly think stone ranks should be able to have a say in what map they play and not have it influenced by a rank's decision. It's just like how they can pick the map they want to play on a map board.
It's indeed arcade only. I'm actually very 50/50 on this one. Really hard again, like your points are good arguments really, but there's still something that keeps me away from standing along with you on this one, and I think that's the fact that rankers aren't equal to stones. They always have more avantages than stones do so I think doing that with voting will do too.

D

Deleted member 59979

I think they deserve the map voting. There is map selection from the signs in all other games, why not here?

Keanu

Forum Veteran
Jan 5, 2017
Maastricht, the Netherlands
youtu.be
I do not think rankers should be 'higher' in mapvotes. Yes, we've paid for the rank, and for this we got the ability to choose the mode, and not for being higher in mapvotes. Man, we got a lot of abilitys that stones do not have. Also, Stone would be too low imo. Sorry, but I disagree.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
www.cubecraft.net
Ranks are made for a reason. One of the main aspects of getting a rank is voting options. I'm not saying take the stone ranks abilities to vote away all together, but the fact that they have equal voting is, in my opinion, stupid. I spent 300 dollars for my rank, and now I am having to face people who have spent no money at all having their votes over mine. Do you think that's fair?
I think it's as fair as can be.
For example: In the real world, you're not supposed to get a heavier vote in something just because you've spent money. I highly doubt that the fact that stone ranks have equal votes when it comes to maps, is worth your entire $300 rank.
Just because Cube implemented a system where even stone ranks get equal rights to vote on something, doesn't mean it's unfair. I don't see anyone complaining about the fact that a diamond rank's vote is equal to an obsidian rank's vote, and those ranks are definitely not worth the same amount of money. It's just like you stated here:
Votes are suppose to be equal, yes... For ranks.
I don't see ranks getting a bigger vote in polls on the forums for instance.

I respect your opinion, but I see it as wasting money for a rank if stone ranks have almost the same perks as ranks. Yes, I have fly. Yes, I have other voting options. I have the vanity, rewards, etc. But voting is the main part. If stone ranks have the same voting options as ranks, then why get a rank at all?
Look: The main perk for ranks is voting for game modifiers, right?
Voting for which map you play, is nothing compared to all of the game modifiers on all minigames. Why would you get a rank just to vote for arcade maps?
Premium ranks already have a lot of perks, and seeing something that both you and stone ranks can do does not mean that should be taken away from stone ranks.

It's upsetting that people that have spent no money at all have the same abilities as me.
Using that logic, I might as well suggest a system where only ranks can join games. Why? Because the ones who spent no money don't deserve the same abilities as me.

but there's still something that keeps me away from standing along with you on this one, and I think that's the fact that rankers aren't equal to stones.
I think you might want to reword that.
Stone ranks, premium ranks, staff member, whatever. All are equal. All their votes should way just as much.

They always have more avantages than stones do so I think doing that with voting will do too.
Sooo what's the harm in giving a stone rank something to vote for? Ranks still have so many more features than stone ranks.
Also, it's not really that ranks have an "advantage" over stone ranks. Whatever a rank votes for, is something that applies to the entire match you're about to play
Heck, equal voting for maps isn't even a gamechanging thing or anything.

Reactions: Cubo ㅤ and Soeshi

MrGrumpyCheese

Dedicated Member
Jul 15, 2016
Classic Edition
That map won. Why? I don't know.
Because it was the most popular choice. It makes sense to best suit the majority. That way more people are happy.

I spent 300 dollars for my rank, and now I am having to face people who have spent no money at all having their votes over mine.
It's upsetting that people that have spent no money at all have the same abilities as me.
Having stone rank does not mean that player has not spent money on the server. I have the stone rank. I spent my money on other items like Miniatures and Point Multipliers. Why is it so unfair that we are equal, in a field that didn't even exist at the time of payment by either party? Forget players like me, why is it so unfair that the majority of players (those who have the Stone rank) have the choice of map that they have everywhere else across the network?

Buying a rank to vote is literally one of the main reasons people get them.
Of course people would expect that future games follow in the pattern of exclusively allowing ranks to vote for game type. That is exactly what has happened, e.g. voting for Powered Quake rather than Classic Mode. However there should be no reason for someone buying a rank to assume they'll get superior voting for maps, since that has never been listed as a perk. It's only because of Cubecraft's change from selecting maps through the sign board that voting for maps is now a thing, so since that type of perk has never been listed in the store, I don't see why you feel this situation is unfair.

I believe it's logical to stay more consistent with the rest of the network, and not introduce new policies that only subtract from the common player's abilities.

D

Deleted member 100818

I think you might want to reword that.
Stone ranks, premium ranks, staff member, whatever. All are equal. All their votes should way just as much.
Think you got me wrong here, ofcourse they're equal but they do not have equal permissions. I may need to be more specific the next time.

Sooo what's the harm in giving a stone rank something to vote for? Ranks still have so many more features than stone ranks.
Also, it's not really that ranks have an "advantage" over stone ranks. Whatever a rank votes for, is something that applies to the entire match you're about to play
There's no harm at all, and they'll keep having the ability to vote but just less chance, which I think could be fun. And it could be a gamechange, for example: You're playing Quake Craft and you're just really good at that one map, then you're obviously voting for that, which gives you an advantage, may not be much but still. And we've never said anything about how much chance difference there is, it could be 40% vs 50%, which in my opinion would be just enough for rankers to use it to their advantage. Okay, if it's 75% vs 25% I'd have to disagree because there's no fun in that, but I think Cyber and I are thinking the same by just giving it 10% more chance.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
www.cubecraft.net
You're playing Quake Craft and you're just really good at that one map, then you're obviously voting for that, which gives you an advantage
Why can't this be applied to stone ranks too?
And we've never said anything about how much chance difference there is, it could be 40% vs 50%, which in my opinion would be just enough for rankers to use it to their advantage. Okay, if it's 75% vs 25% I'd have to disagree because there's no fun in that, but I think Cyber and I are thinking the same by just giving it 10% more chance.
Honestly, it wouldn't even be that useful anymore if you use chance based systems for this with those percentages, instead of a majority based system.

Reactions: Keanu
D

Deleted member 100818

Why can't this be applied to stone ranks too?
it is, but with less chance of winning.

Honestly, it wouldn't even be that useful anymore if you use chance based systems for this with those percentages, instead of a majority based system.
Well it is in my opinion. But just with a 10 or 15% higher chance of winning which is just a innocent percentage for rankers but still a nice feature to have.

CyberAutumn

Dedicated Member
Feb 25, 2017
Around
Pronouns
She/They
For example: In the real world, you're not supposed to get a heavier vote in something just because you've spent money. I highly doubt that the fact that stone ranks have equal votes when it comes to maps, is worth your entire $300 rank.
This isn't the real world, it's Mine Craft. I've never said that their equal votes are equivalent to my voting, either.
Voting for which map you play, is nothing compared to all of the game modifiers on all minigames. Why would you get a rank just to vote for arcade maps?
Premium ranks already have a lot of perks, and seeing something that both you and stone ranks can do does not mean that should be taken away from stone ranks.
I'm mainly talking about the maps, not modifiers. I've also never suggested that their voting abilities be taken away.
Using that logic, I might as well suggest a system where only ranks can join games. Why? Because the ones who spent no money don't deserve the same abilities as me.
Okay, now you're being quite irrational. I've never suggested this at all. I'm simply asking why they have the same chances of getting that map. Ranks and stones are equal, yes, but as ranks, we should (I don't know how to word this) have a higher chance of getting our poll above stones. It's logical, as you have a rank.
Again, I never suggested having their abilities to vote taken away. Yes, ranks have other abilities over stones. We can fly in the lobbies, vote for maps and modifiers, and have colored names and rewards. But only all of that goes a short way. I still don't think people that have spent no money at all on ranks (Not miniature packs) should have equal voting than people who have.
Erm, it kinda' is.
Because it was the most popular choice. It makes sense to best suit the majority. That way more people are happy.
It was equal. No other map was voted for, just the two maps which both had three votes on each. The fact that the map we ranks didn't vote for didn't win, and the one which the stones voted for did, is absurd. (My opinion)
Having stone rank does not mean that player has not spent money on the server. I have the stone rank. I spent my money on other items like Miniatures and Point Multipliers. Why is it so unfair that we are equal, in a field that didn't even exist at the time of payment by either party? Forget players like me, why is it so unfair that the majority of players (those who have the Stone rank) have the choice of map that they have everywhere else across the network?
Besides the point on miniatures, I still think players are equal. Stone ranks and ranks above are all equal. But ranks have perks, much more than the stones do. I still dislike the fact that it's equal voting. Yes, I am suggesting they still can vote. I never said take away their voting abilities all together. But I'd like there to be a higher chance for the maps to be voted on by the ranks to actually win, for obvious reasons.
I believe it's logical to stay more consistent with the rest of the network, and not introduce new policies that only subtract from the common player's abilities.
I see your point, and I respect your opinion. Players are equal, and that's all that matters. I'm going to still stick with my opinion, though. Ranks have their perks over the common players, and voting is a perk that comes with the ranks. If people have the same chance of their map actually winning that are common players, then I see it as no point to get a rank at all. That means it's a loss of money for the server, which causes trouble. Yes, the common players can vote on very few games, but I still thinks people who have ranks should have at least a 30% chance higher of their maps actually being chosen for game play.

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
“In many games Stone Ranks can vote”
Though you do say mostly maps
There is only 1 voting option on the server other then maps a stone rank can vote for
Paintball gametype

That in mind it is pretty much only maps stone ranks can vote for
How it is now is fine

But if this suggestion was added
Well i’ll Just give you an analogy for this

Net Neutrality being repealed

I am serious
In both cases you are giving people who pay better service on something that is freely decided

So no not a chance

CyberAutumn

Dedicated Member
Feb 25, 2017
Around
Pronouns
She/They
“In many games Stone Ranks can vote”
Though you do say mostly maps
There is only 1 voting option on the server other then maps a stone rank can vote for
Paintball gametype

That in mind it is pretty much only maps stone ranks can vote for
How it is now is fine

But if this suggestion was added
Well i’ll Just give you an analogy for this

Net Neutrality being repealed

I am serious
In both cases you are giving people who pay better service on something that is freely decided

So no not a chance
(I swear you did this in a poem)

Again, I'll need to explain.

I am not saying take their abilities to vote away all together. I am mainly saying there needs to be a higher chance of ranks getting their maps voted for actually chosen rather than stones. We waited in the game for a while, actually. Our votes were all the same, and we were all ranks higher than diamond. Surely, it should've been a first serve kinda' thing? Nope. Three stone ranks joined the game, voted for a different option, and their option won. Why? No clue!

I simply want it to be changed so ranks, as we payed for them, have a higher chance of their maps/gamemodes being actually chosen. Maybe a 30% chance.

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
(I swear you did this in a poem)

Again, I'll need to explain.

I am not saying take their abilities to vote away all together. I am mainly saying there needs to be a higher chance of ranks getting their maps voted for actually chosen rather than stones. We waited in the game for a while, actually. Our votes were all the same, and we were all ranks higher than diamond. Surely, it should've been a first serve kinda' thing? Nope. Three stone ranks joined the game, voted for a different option, and their option won. Why? No clue!

I simply want it to be changed so ranks, as we payed for them, have a higher chance of their maps/gamemodes being actually chosen. Maybe a 30% chance.
Exactly
That fits my analogy
The repeal of Net Neutrality won’t make using the internet impossible, but then people can pay to get an advantage of getting to skip the line
For this you are getting to have 1 vote count as More since they paid

Also to your point “three stone ranks join a game and vote for something else them winning is unfair

It isn’t at all
They had the most votes thus they won
This would be more unfair as that way if there is a tie the rank wins every time

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

After coming back home after staying in the UK for a while, CubeCraft has became unplayable for me due to the region issue which is currently known and are being fixed as we speak, so I'll not be playing the server for the next few days due to this which upsets me because this is my favorite server. I understand your pain now guys
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on Soulless_Unity's profile.
Thank you for everything soul
timinator582162 wrote on sussy_blocka's profile.
Player Rayhidst2014 was traveling about 3 times normal speed. also was floating and flying. This ruined a perfectly good four player bedwars game.
Today starts Giro d'Italia one of the biggest cycling races in the world and who do you think will win the general classification after 21 days of cycling?
Top Bottom