• Yes

Votes: 26 72.2%
  • No

Votes: 10 27.8%

• Total voters

bybilly

May 5, 2017
bybilly.uk
Good idea Miauw, but that removes some of the freedom of the game, and in maps where there aren't any 5x5 spaces at the beginning, but instead multiple 3x3 spaces, it is extremely useful to sacrifice a couple of 3x3 spaces for a leach tower.

Miauw

Forum Expert
Jul 23, 2016
the Netherlands
Good idea Miauw, but that removes some of the freedom of the game, and in maps where there aren't any 5x5 spaces at the beginning, but instead multiple 3x3 spaces, it is extremely useful to sacrifice a couple of 3x3 spaces for a leach tower.
Yeah, that's unfortunately kind of the big con of this idea, I never really use that kind of tactics, but I can see it being useful in some way.

Having to decide whether people rather want a bit of the freedom in game sarcifised, or having the chance of having trolls in your game or just simply people that don't understand the game that well yet.

Reactions: bybilly

Lilleh__

Dedicated Member
Apr 22, 2017
A better solution would be to simply restrict people from placing 3x3 towers on 5x5 area's and vice versa. Not to endlessly report or kick players who are new to the game.
If ppl rly want such a minor problem to be eradicated this would be a much more reasonable thing than voting to kick someone who did nothing but use less space for a tower than there was.

Reactions: Miauw
D

Deleted member 352903

I'm just going to share this image
baixa (1).png

We need to do something to fix it

Reactions: bybilly

HurmitCurtis

Jul 18, 2016
Why isn't this thread locked yet?
I am not reading this whole thread but I think It's clear they removed it because of abuse.

but bringing back votekick will cause too much damage.
but right now its damaging my brain, the little one i have XD

HurmitCurtis

Jul 18, 2016
All it'll do is trigger ppl with OCD, its not causing harm to anyone so it is so small.
i appreciate that u feel it isn't a problem, but honestly it is! it totally ruins the game its called tower defence for a reason and if the defence aint there well you may as well leave the game ;/ because the troops just stroll past! and if you on a team that isn't very good at offence well the defence is all they have ;/ i have played over 4000 games of this so i think that i can comment on this game, the game does need to be reviewed to try and solve this problem, i myself am open to any ideas to try and fix this. and i do not put anyone's suggestions down or say its just OCD because i understand the issues they have faced ;/

ymbmg

Jul 16, 2016
Suggestions were proposed by several players, including myself. The way that we see it, there are a few issues at hand here. The first issue is that in a game where up to five other players can join your team at any time, the chances that you'll get just one player that doesn't understand proper tower placement is high, especially since quite a few good players have quit. The second issue at hand is that the votekick system was used in order for a group of friends to be able to play with only their friends. If they had a team of four friends and one extra player that they didn't know, then they kicked the player that they didn't know. This was considered abuse towards the random player that joined. Another issue is that a team that doesn't consist of only friends may find a valid reason to kick a player, such as tower misplacement, and they can't now. There's a report system, but the process of reporting a player involves getting a video of them griefing, warning them that you'll report them, uploading it to youtube or something, submitting your report, and then finally waiting to see if it gets approved. If you've ever tried to compile this report while playing a game, you should know that this is a hassle, and it can even be detrimental to your game-play. Imagine if you had to warn a hacker to stop hacking, fight with them, record the session, upload it to youtube, submit a report to Cubecraft, and then cross your fingers and hope for the player to get banned every time you saw a hacker. Players that don't understand how Tower Defence works are as abundantly found as players that hack in other games. If you're finally starting to get your head wrapped around the issues at hand here, that's good. If you can't see the problems, you need to go and try to play Tower Defence competitively with the random players that seem to grief your defense.

A few friends and I have suggested that as with Eggwars, Tower Defence should have maps with different team sizes available to them. Imagine if you and two other players want to play without anyone else, you could just join a 3v3 map. If you're a solo player that's just looking for a simple game, you still have the option to report players, but playing maps with less people means that your chances of running into just one bad player seems to decrease, at least statistically. Keep in mind that it only takes one player to grief a team's defense. That is to say, playing a game where you have to hope that both of your teammates are good is better than playing a game where you have to hope that all five are good. As for handling new players, we proposed that there should be an ELO ranking system, or something similar. This would keep the new players that are still learning separated from the players with experience. The new players won't get pummeled every match, and the good players can play with other good players. Besides, a ranking system brings competition, and competition brings people. As for players that grief, (the ones that aren't bad, but are playing badly on purpose) they'll either have a low rank or get reported. If they're good and causing grief anyways, then they can still be reported and their rank will be the proof that they're good, just playing badly on purpose. This helps distinguish new/bad players from players that are playing badly on purpose.

To summarize my ideas here once more:
  • Votekicking could be considered unnecessary, but only if maps with different team sizes exist.
  • It's not like Cubecraft can't make different team sizes happen, just check the maps in Eggwars. Eggwars games can last just as long as Tower Defence matches can.
  • A ranked system may further eliminate the issue of having new players being wrongfully punished due to the fact that they haven't figured out the game yet.
  • Players that are still trying to grief your team's chances of winning could be punished properly. Although, the report system is still a hassle, I don't believe that most players grief on purpose either.

I also don't like the idea of having a votekick command, but if there isn't going to be one, then there should be a more feasible solution. There's currently just one solution and that's the report system. It's hardly a solution though, seeing that most players run into the tower misplacement issue often, and you still end up struggling to win or losing because you can't do anything about it mid-match, other than watch, panic, try to compile a report, and then hope that the player is banned later.

Cubecraft's staff team browses the Tower Defence forums often enough to see that this is a problem. Everyone reading this should wait to see whether they do something about it or not.

CrypticV

Novice Member
Dec 27, 2017
Vote kick was abused like CRAZY.I had gotten kicked almost once in every 4 games with this thing...for no apparent reason!I think we should make it so that vote kick isn't brought back, but so that people can't place towers in random spots and in 5x5 area.I agree with Miauw

pNamali

Oct 19, 2017
The only good thing I see about vote kick is the following:
Vote-kick - Pro:
  • Defense games are more frequent. Players have to actually know how to conserve coins/exp on what to build and attack because games are longer.
    • Lately, I've been in too many games where defense was hopeless because "newer" players and players who wanted to "troll" would spam artillery, mage, archer, and misplace 3x3 towers in 5x5 spots. I started to only play offense and would send wither skeletons as soon as I achieved 1000 exp. Surprisingly, I have been constantly winning with this offense tactic. Why should I waste time politely telling a teammate to build correctly when I can spam click mobs for fast exp?
    • However, this brain dead strat kills the game. It requires no defense attempt at all. I just spam click to send mobs and gain exp as fast as possible. Bringing Vote-kick back would lessen the offense and make games longer because players have to build correctly or else risk being kicked. Players can focus on defense than "attacking" in order to defend.
    • Longer games would be more interesting because it requires coordination (defense/attack) rather than fast early rushes at the start that end the game in 10-15 minutes.

Vote-kick - Cons:
  • Abuse: parties with friends (especially donators since they are allowed to party with more people), can kick because they can single out randoms on their team.
  • Newer players are still noobs
    • Scenario: Player builds double stacked mage. Team votekicks....newer player still won't learn how to play because they are given the benefit of the doubt (even though there's a tutorial, no one really does it)
  • Game should implement more rules on how towers should be placed, but that removes the customizable part of the game (which makes it more fun and unique). Players won't be able to reserve 5x5 spots such as leach.

So idk where I really stand. I would like to have teammates who know what they are doing, so that I can choose either to defend, attack, or do both. But with many trolls on your team, it's kinda: spam spiders and get wither skeletons.... Which gets boring after awhile. However, bringing votekick back would cause more abuse; and newer players are still noobs. There needs to be a balance of what makes the game still customizable/free to build strategies but also ensure games aren't ruined from offense or early rush strategy due to bad defense from trolls/noobs.

Reactions: soysuva and ymbmg

ymbmg

Jul 16, 2016
The poll has more people voting in favor of returning the votekick command. That being said, several staff members have already said that it won't return. So I think that with players wanting the opposite of what staff seems to want, and this being a consistent trend, all it would take is for another server to develop a strategy game (maybe another well-thought-through tower defense game) like this one, and people may just leave like crazy. Keep in mind that the tower defense genre itself can not be copyrighted entirely. There was a time when several servers had their own versions of things like hunger games, survival games, and so on; the same rule applies to tower defense games. If Cubecraft wants a reliable player-base, it needs to listen to it more often.

I agree that the votekick command may not be feasible, but an alternative needs to be suggested and implemented. Even if a new player figures out why mage stacking and the like are bad, now they have to keep playing with players that don't understand it. Unless you play with a team of five friends constantly, you'll run into bad players often enough to make you want to quit.

If I'm being honest, I wonder sometimes whether Cubecraft wants to keep its players, or keep just enough to maintain their partnership with Minecraft.

Reactions: Lilleh__

bybilly

May 5, 2017
bybilly.uk
The poll has more people voting in favor of returning the votekick command. That being said, several staff members have already said that it won't return. So I think that with players wanting the opposite of what staff seems to want, and this being a consistent trend, all it would take is for another server to develop a strategy game (maybe another well-thought-through tower defense game) like this one, and people may just leave like crazy. Keep in mind that the tower defense genre itself can not be copyrighted entirely. There was a time when several servers had their own versions of things like hunger games, survival games, and so on; the same rule applies to tower defense games. If Cubecraft wants a reliable player-base, it needs to listen to it more often.

I agree that the votekick command may not be feasible, but an alternative needs to be suggested and implemented. Even if a new player figures out why mage stacking and the like are bad, now they have to keep playing with players that don't understand it. Unless you play with a team of five friends constantly, you'll run into bad players often enough to make you want to quit.

If I'm being honest, I wonder sometimes whether Cubecraft wants to keep its players, or keep just enough to maintain their partnership with Minecraft.

Yeah, it was very different before Cubecraft merged with The Chunk (the server tower defence originally came from) - there was more of a sense of a community. That being said, they have made some considerable improvements to the game.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

C95689C6-C73E-40B4-9CD7-76C479A7E2D5.png

Here’s my son, I made him in biology today! Say hi to Jimothy!
UncleSpect wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
Desiderata wrote on savina875's profile.
thabks 4 folow
UncleSpect wrote on Casualpoalrbear's profile.
hoiii cas bearr
UncleSpect wrote on Gokhan_'s profile.
thank you for the follow! 🎈
Top Bottom