Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Yes or no? (Your vote will publicy visible)

• Yes!

• No! (Explain your thoughts)

Results are only viewable after voting.

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
Hello, I am RemiO05 and I have noticed a problem, and I think you guys have experienced this problem aswell.
Sometimes, I vote on a poll, and I realize the poll is publicy visible.
This means that everybody can see who voted "yes", "no", or another voting option.
Although I always give it a try, I don't always want to explain why I voted no.
*Votes no, and the thread owner asks me why I voted no* :/
So, what's my suggestion? I would like to be able to remove my vote, because I don't think everybody wants to explain their votes.

*Then watch out!*
I know I have to watch out, but I don't always want to read everything. (I know I am very lazy xd)
And (besides from staff) everybody is human, so we can all make mistakes. But we can't remove our votes, so our mistakes will remain. We can't correct them.

How would it look like?
It would look like this: (Of course, the other options should stay)
515aebb31d5c8d6b6d2b70fe8400f34d.png

Let us remove our votes, just to make our lazy forum life a bit easier!
Thanks,
RemiO05

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
Hello, I am RemiO05 and I have noticed a problem, and I think you guys have experienced this problem aswell.
Sometimes, I vote on a poll, and I realize the poll is publicy visible.
This means that everybody can see who voted "yes", "no", or another voting option.
Although I always give it a try, I don't always want to explain why I voted no.
*Votes no, and the thread owner asks me why I voted no* :/
So, what's my suggestion? I would like to be able to remove my vote, because I don't think everybody wants to explain their votes.

*Then watch out!*
I know I have to watch out, but I don't always want to read everything. (I know I am very lazy xd)
And (besides from staff) everybody is human, so we can all make mistakes. But we can't remove our votes, so our mistakes will remain. We can't correct them.

How would it look like?
It would look like this: (Of course, the other options should stay)
515aebb31d5c8d6b6d2b70fe8400f34d.png

Let us remove our votes, just to make our lazy forum life a bit easier!
Thanks,
RemiO05
Going to be honest, for some suggestions it's quite obvious why people vote no
"ADD BEDWARS" for example

But some suggestions are actually good, doable or very well explained and do deserve an (extensive) explanation on why you would disagree
So I myself actually always try to reply to quality threads, like I'm doing here

With that being said, I don't see me using this feature
I'm going to disagree with this one, although I wouldn't mind seeing this

EDIT: You didn't add a poll lolll xd

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
Going to be honest, for some suggestions it's quite obvious why people vote no
"ADD BEDWARS" for example

But some suggestions are actually good, doable or very well explained and do deserve an (extensive) explanation on why you would disagree
So I myself actually always try to reply to quality threads, like I'm doing here

With that being said, I don't see me using this feature
I'm going to disagree with this one, although I wouldn't mind seeing this

EDIT: You didn't add a poll lolll xd
But sometimes, I just don't want others to see my vote. Although I always try to explain my thoughts, I can't do that every time.
Sometimes I just want to stay anonymous, and that's why I made this suggestion.

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
But sometimes, I just don't want others to see my vote. Although I always try to explain my thoughts, I can't do that every time.
Sometimes I just want to stay anonymous, and that's why I made this suggestion.
I understand this, and I'd also like to stay anonymous, especially when I am the only user who disagrees with the idea
But then I just explain why, and I don't care if a huge fight starts
Because at least I'm just honest, and discussing stuff is good

If you vote 'no' why not telling the thread owner why? If you don't want to reply just don't vote.
Sometimes I see the arguments I wanted to use already mentioned in a reply, and I just vote no without replying

Soeshi

Forum Veteran
Mar 28, 2016
The Netherlands.
I understand this, and I'd also like to stay anonymous, especially when I am the only user who disagrees with the idea
But then I just explain why, and I don't care if a huge fight starts
Because at least I'm just honest, and discussing stuff is good

Sometimes I see the arguments I wanted to use already mentioned in a reply, and I just vote no without replying

There's a like button, in my eyes means that ''I agree with this''.
And if someone asks; why did you vote no? You can just quote that post that's easy to do.

T

The Lord Pleb

*Votes no without giving any explanation to the owner of the thread*

When I see a suggestion that I do not like, I simply vote no, without giving explanations, because I do not see it necessary to explain why the owner of the thread or they have just put the arguments that I was going to use in the thread.

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
There's a like button, in my eyes means that ''I agree with this''.
And if someone asks; why did you vote no? You can just quote that post that's easy to do.
Indeed
And that is partly why I disagree

*Votes no without giving any explanation to the owner of the thread*

When I see a suggestion that I do not like, I simply vote no, without giving explanations, because I do not see it necessary to explain why the owner of the thread or they have just put the arguments that I was going to use in the thread.
Most of the time, thread owners actually get really good feedback out of replies

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
I think saying "You need to explain yourself or your vote doesn't count" (someone actually said that) defeats the point of a poll anyway. Of course it's interesting to know why someone disagrees, but the poll exists to get an indication of the general opinion and asking people to explain themselves in order to be allowed to vote for a specific option makes the result even more biased than it is already.

I'd still like an option to remove my vote. In some occasions I misunderstood a suggestion and voted before realising that I don't have an opinion on it, for example because the suggestion is only for a specific minigame that I don't play. If you have the option to change your vote, you should also be able to remove it.

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
If you prefer to believe a nonsense among friends in Discord, instead of believing a serious post in the forums (the one I mentioned before), do it, I do not care
So you wanna say you don't prank me at all?
And why don't you give feedback on threads you don't like? I don't say you always have to, but you can always point things out, even if they are already in the thread.

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
f93b4bce416ac68431c8c74cf5a08909.png

Take a good look at that screenshot.
As you can see, there's a bit of gray text under the poll saying that votes aren't visible until you vote, and it also says that your vote will be publicly visible.

Just read the poll correctly if you want to stay anonymous.
Everybody can make a mistake, and I think this would be very useful in situations like that.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
Everybody can make a mistake, and I think this would be very useful in situations like that.
Sooo insurance for not reading the poll correctly?
I'm sorry, but since there's already something that tells you that votes are public, there's nobody to blame but yourself if you vote and wished to stay anonymous.

Reactions: The Lord Pleb

DragonLord

Dedicated Member
May 1, 2017
Scotland
Most times when I vote against something and don't comment why it's due to someone else already stating what I wanted to say. No point in me posting it again.

Most of the time it's @Gainfullterror ;(

Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I got my first 20k kills in FFA!:D
20 000 kills in ffa picture 2.png
Reesle wrote on Maxminedigger's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈🧁
Livvv wrote on Maxminedigger's profile.
GRATTIS MAXI TAXIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!💕🎉🙌
JokeKaedee wrote on yousif1playz's profile.
Happy birthday c:
JokeKaedee wrote on Maxminedigger's profile.
Happy birthday!! 🍰
Top Bottom