Typicaaal

Forum Expert
Jul 14, 2015
The Multiverse
Pronouns
He/Him
Hi everyone,

This is a suggestion based on the tags on the forums,
Wouldn't it be cool if we could change our tags to something cool?

What is it exactly?
currently, every member rank on the forum is displayed as "Member", as to Staff Members can change them to anything they want.
This suggestion is about being able to change our tags, but still keeping the visible side to being a "Member"

After a certain amount of likes/post, the user will unlock a certain tag depending on the achievement they got.
Of course, there are already achievements where you get trophy points from, maybe these achievements can be used to hand out certain tags.

Here are a few tags with the given achievement they need to get before unlocking the tag:
1. Post 100 Messages: "Active Member" tag
2. Get 100 Reactions: "Liked Member" tag
3. Post 1,000 Messages: "Post Farming Member" tag
4. Get 1,000 Reactions: "Cool Member" tag
5. 1 Year on the Forums: "Young Member" tag
6. 2 Years on the Forums: "Getting Old Member" tag
7. 4 Years on the Forums: "More than Old" tag
8. 5 Years on the Forums: "Pretty Old Member" tag
9. Enable 2FA: "Secured Member" tag
Also, these tags should be changeable, which means if you own multiple tags, you should be able to change them how you wish in the forum settings.

What will it look like?
It will be the same how it is now, but with your current tag, for example:
activemember - kopie.jpg

Why is it needed?
This has no reason to be added, I just think it is a cool QOL feature that actually gives you something back for the number of messages/likes you received.
Since you can't do anything with Trophy points itself.

Problems that may arrive
I don't see any problems with this at first sight. I think it will be a cool feature that'll make the forums a bit more fun.

Thank you!
If you have any questions, feel free to ask them.
Any ideas/changes are always welcome!

Quis

Forum Expert
Feb 4, 2020
The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I like this suggestion! It is indeed not necessarily needed, but it would be so much fun to have something to grind for.

Even though, when someone grinds to 100 messages and goes inactive after that, they’ll keep the active prefix. Maybe find a solution for that.

Good suggestion, keep it up buddy!

• Love
Reactions: Typicaaal
D

Deleted member 469419

So actually this is a pretty neat idea: I like the idea of having custom titles and let player know themselves what kind of member are you. Also, I think this may motivate other players to increase their activity on forums. Although I'd change the order and tittles.

For example:
- "Active member": You could get this with 300 messages.
- "Well-known player": You could get this with
1000 messages.
- "Lovely player": You could get this with 1000+ likes.

etc

Gemmmmie

Forum Veteran
Dec 31, 2017
The Butterfly Gardens
I like your idea a lot, but not that necessary. It would be interesting and a nice addition to have these fun roles you could possible achieve by being an active Forum member. However, it could become too much and look chaotic in some ways.

In my opinion, I would prefer to have your MC rank as your tag, like it is in the Discord server. For example, when you see my profile the roles "Emerald" and "VIP I" would be underneath my name. Perhaps it is a bit more organised as well as a recurring theme on all sites.

Gregeyy

Forum Expert
Jul 21, 2017
Spain
I don't see any downsides to this so I'm voting YES. This is actually a really cool idea! It would give the forums some juice which is something really needed atm. Yes, it's unnecessary but that doesn't mean it wouldn't be a cool addition!

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on Frontlane's profile.
genius idea frontland
IMG_8850.jpeg
GiGaGekkies wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congratulations...
GiGaGekkies wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congratulations!
GiGaGekkies wrote on Frontlane's profile.
I knew it! Congratulations
W streamer here: @SugaaKat
Top Bottom