Status
Not open for further replies.

Frambooz

Novice Member
Jun 2, 2020
Somewhere beyond the sea
USAGE OF TEAM CHAT.

❗What exactly is the issue?
As a spectator, there's no such ability that makes you able to speak in the team chat. This can be very inconvenient in certain scenarios.
This issue regularly appears when you get eliminated in games such as eggwars and skywars. When you happen not to be in the same party as all of your team members, there's no way to talk to them privately besides /messaging them.

As mentioned previously, this can be very inconvenient. It would be great to be able to send messages to your teammate(s) without exposing your plan to the opponents.

📨
Cons of individually messaging
Moreover, individually messaging your teammates takes too long when you require your teammates to act quickly. If you then have to send them a private message individually, there's simply no time left for them to think fast and act quickly upon the situation.

👀
Team chat has been enabled.

This message shows up every time you disable party chat. Therefore it seems like there's already a way to enable team chat. However, the *currently* only way to toggle/enable team chat is by disabling party chat.
1648058515794.png
(image by Blom)

❔ Resolving the issue
I've tried to come up with easy ''solutions'' - I guess you could call them. I listed them down below for you to check out!

Example 1: Using /tc as a command to toggle it would make sense as we're already able to use /pc in order to toggle party chat.

Example 2: Make team chat the default chat upon getting eliminated (IF your teammate(s) are still alive, of course). We would simply put a ! in front of our message to talk in global chat like we're all used to anyways.

🌼 Ending...

This has been suggested previously, however, it didn't reach 25 agreements hence why it wasn't forwarded, unfortunately. The closest one I could find was posted on May 17, 2021, and was closed at 24 upvotes. So look at this as another attempt :)

If you agree with this, please add an ":agree:" emoji to the thread!

Thank you for taking the time to read my suggestion!

Stijnnn_

Jan 4, 2021
Bamboo forest
USAGE OF TEAM CHAT.

As a spectator, there's no such ability that makes you able to speak in the team chat. This can be very inconvenient in certain scenarios.
This issue regularly appears when you get eliminated in games such as eggwars and skywars. When you happen not to be in the same party as all of your team members, there's no way to talk to them privately besides /messaging them.

As mentioned previously, this can be very inconvenient. It would be great to be able to send messages to your teammate(s) without exposing your plan to the opponents.

📨 Cons of individually messaging
Moreover, individually messaging your teammates takes too long when you require your teammates to act quickly. If you then have to send them a private message individually, there's simply no time left for them to think fast and act quickly upon the situation.

👀 Team chat has been enabled.
This message shows up every time you disable party chat. Therefore it seems like there's already a way to enable team chat. However, the *currently* only way to toggle/enable team chat is by disabling party chat.
View attachment 208763(image by Blom)

❔ Resolving the issue
I've tried to come up with easy ''solutions'' - I guess you could call them. I listed them down below for you to check out!

Example 1: Using /tc as a command to toggle it would make sense as we're already able to use /pc in order to toggle party chat.

Example 2: Make team chat the default chat upon getting eliminated (IF your teammate(s) are still alive, of course). We would simply put a ! in front of our message to talk in global chat like we're all used to anyways.

🌼Ending...

This has been suggested previously, however, it didn't reach 25 agreements hence why it wasn't forwarded, unfortunately. The closest one I could find was posted on May 17, 2021, and was closed at 24 upvotes. So look at this as another attempt :)

Would indeed be nice to communicate with your team!

Reactions: Frambooz

ReZort

Feb 15, 2022
#🤝︱community・corner
Pronouns
He/Him
The spectator will be able to tell you where are enemy, so this is not the best solution
Yes, now no one prevents you from doing so either, but the enemy will at least know if someone helps to look for him due to the lack of team chat at the spectator

Frambooz

Novice Member
Jun 2, 2020
Somewhere beyond the sea
The spectator will be able to tell you where are enemy, so this is not the best solution
Yes, now no one prevents you from doing so either, but the enemy will at least know if someone helps to look for him due to the lack of team chat at the spectator
You can still use global chat in order to talk to your opponents.

ReZort

Feb 15, 2022
#🤝︱community・corner
Pronouns
He/Him
You can still use global chat in order to talk to your opponents.
I'm more about how the advantage of an Spectator with a team chat will be dishonest to enemy teams. The Spectator has a huge advantage in espionage, and in some cases players will kill themselves only to help their team by reporting information about other teams and their locations. Now the Spectator has only a global chat, and enemies will be aware if they are watched and reported information about them. And in the presence of a team chat, Observers will greatly influence the outcome of the game

Blom

Forum Expert
Sep 12, 2018
MinerWare Town
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I'm more about how the advantage of an Spectator with a team chat will be dishonest to enemy teams. The Spectator has a huge advantage in espionage, and in some cases players will kill themselves only to help their team by reporting information about other teams and their locations. Now the Spectator has only a global chat, and enemies will be aware if they are watched and reported information about them. And in the presence of a team chat, Observers will greatly influence the outcome of the game
in which case, a spectator has party chat and /msg to report information anyways. A spectator is always a disadvantage over an alive player. The only reason to jump in the void to report information would be when someone is hiding behind some island, the same information you can get with a player tracker (that's already in every game). There is no huge advantage in my opinion

ssf2_god

Aug 21, 2021
super smash flash 2
I most definitely agree! It’s needed that spectators are able to talk to their teammates and not have to leak their team’s strategies to the whole game.

DarkStray

Dedicated Member
Sep 17, 2019
United States
youtube.com
USAGE OF TEAM CHAT.

📨 Cons of individually messaging

👀 Team chat has been enabled.
View attachment 208763(image by Blom)

❔ Resolving the issue

🌼Ending...

Team chat should not be enabled while spectating(Unless egg is alive, in eggwars)

IMO it's better to not allow to ghost, sure you can bypass this with a party chat. But I would rather know when some kid is calling out my locations to their teammates when dead

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
Hello Frambooz,

We have discussed your suggestion within the server team, and decided to mark it as planned.

Since the addition of party chat and fmsg, players are easily able to ghost each other after death. We feel like ghosting after death would be a situation where we either allow it for everyone or for no one. Seen like it would make a lot of extra effort to moderate ghosting, we chose for the option to mark this as planned and give everyone access to team chat after death once implemented.

If there is a lot of abuse once the feature is implemented, we might disallow ghosting for everyone, but for now we don't see a reason as to why we should.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Sergiio12 wrote on LoveAndMafia's profile.
Alejaaaandro
Blom wrote on Lyriie's profile.
Lyriie, sorry for bullying you all the time :o
Ur an amazing staff member <3
mojang nerf mobile players pls
Someone nerfed me because I can't find those hidden chests as easily anymore.. I won't stop trying tho >:c
Top Bottom