Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

What should happen to the kb?

• Add more horizontal KB

Votes: 5 7.2%
  • Revert back and fix old bugs, then make a new kb test asking what one it should be.

Votes: 23 33.3%
  • Keep same

Votes: 34 49.3%
  • Reduce vertical add more horizontal

Votes: 7 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 25, 2021
Yea I get 100 ping on hive, and conparing Hives EU server with CubeCraft, cubecraft has the better servers.
That doesn’t mean people “lag less” it’s just how cubecraft allows laggier players to have a smoother experience.
Hive doesn’t have this

And a “smoother” experience =\= less lag, or how far behind you are
network adapters should do the trick

DarkStray

Dedicated Member
Sep 17, 2019
United States
youtube.com
@SuperOrangeOre Read my other post of me saying how far france is from me :)
From my location france is over 5,228 miles from me having a cable that makes my wifi “faster” means nothing, especially if I already have better wifi than my states average

Awabbatt

Nov 14, 2020
@SuperOrangeOre Read my other post of me saying how far france is from me :)
From my location france is over 5,228 miles from me having a cable that makes my wifi “faster” means nothing, especially if I already have better wifi than my states average
Thats the reason that they should add other regional servers (literally every other server has them)

Cubecrafttalk

Novice Member
May 23, 2019
The old knockback was horrible, Just like quiet said, I lost a 2:10 eggwars solo world record, the person was LITTERALLY ON THE EDGE and their egg was DESTROYED, I started hitting them like 7 TIMES and there was literally no kb smh.

It feels so good to actually be able to combo people, I dont really understand why anyone would want that old buggy knockback, other than that they dont know how to combo and now get destroyed by other ppl lmao.

plus with the matchmaking, if your on xbox, ps4 or mobile, you dont have a ¨disadvantage¨ since everyone is on the same platform.

If they bring back the ¨buggy¨ knockback ill prob quit cube tbh

Edit : actually I can see why people would want the old kb as they live far from the place cube is hosted (just like me) and with the lag its harder, but thats another topic, (adding N.A servers) (I also get about 300-400 ping on average so dont think im just a person with good internet connection and dosent care about other ppl)
Its funny how everyone likes different things. For me its the opposite. I liked the old knockback a lot better. The new one feels like vomit. In the old one, it felt like a boxing match. I would try to dodge with strafes while hitting others, maybe trade hits , but it felt fun even if I win or lose. These combos of bouncing people in the air over and over again just feels a bit childish.

Thing is when I did want silly fun sometimes, I would log on the hive and have fun with the funny vertical knockbacks but stayed on cubecraft mostly for what felt more enjoyable. Im still winning a similar number of games and losing almost the similar number as before. But now when I push people into the void after a longish combo, it doesnt feel like a win or fun. After a few games , it starts feeling like a chore. Some are enjoying this more, so goodluck to them. There are loads of servers and games (jedi fallen order, soo good) and other minecraft modes to be played that theres nothing unique or interesting in cubecraft that makes me want to stick around anymore other than the people Ive gotten to know (and maybe some skywars chaos because big explosions are superfun!)

• Sad
Reactions: Wave Master7S

DarkStray

Dedicated Member
Sep 17, 2019
United States
youtube.com
These combos of bouncing people in the air over and over again just feels a bit childish.

Thing is when I did want silly fun sometimes, I would log on the hive and have fun with the funny vertical knockbacks but stayed on cubecraft mostly for what felt more enjoyable.
Yes one of the reasons I like the old KB more
when I push people into the void after a longish combo, it doesnt feel like a win or fun. After a few games , it starts feeling like a chore. Some are enjoying this more, so goodluck to them. There are loads of servers and games (jedi fallen order, soo good) and other minecraft modes to be played that theres nothing unique or interesting in cubecraft that makes me want to stick around anymore other than the people Ive gotten to know
Pretty much, I’ve been playing a lot more Battlefront 2 because at least the first thing they went to go fix after a big update was the game breaking bugs. Sadly they stopped updating the game a while ago and theres still some bugs but they are very specific.

But apparently I can’t compare them together because they aren’t the same game?
Sure one was made by another company but one is also a lot bigger game that had a lot more work into it every update unlike cubecraft. Likr an entire launch of new characters, gamemodes, maps, abilities and weapons all at once. With must of the bugs getting patched pretty quickly.

And unlike cubecraft when they are going to update the game they test it before. One time they had a bug where everyone was invincible. Not saying cube doesn’t do this but they surely seems like they don’t with how many blatantly obvious bugs there are. Like the sound, or eating bugs, placement bugs, visual bugs. One thing I can see them overseeing is platform based issues.

Reactions: Cubecrafttalk

Wave Master7S

Dedicated Member
Jul 31, 2020
United States
Pronouns
He/Him
You were the first person to complain about the old knockback.
Now you're the first person to complain about the new knockback.

I'm sure they could add knockback thats amazing and everyone loves it but you would find a way to somehow want it changed.

The majority like the new knockback.
I have a feeling your issue lies more with platform based matchmaking than knockback itself.

Maybe your problem could be facing people on the same platform as you? and not having "easy games" against mobile players?
Just a thought.
He was the pioneer of complaining about the old kB and now he will be the pioneer of complaining about this new kB.

• Haha
Reactions: Kylo2532

DarkStray

Dedicated Member
Sep 17, 2019
United States
youtube.com
He was the pioneer of complaining about the old kB and now he will be the pioneer of complaining about this new kB.
Literally talked more trash about Hive’s KB than cubes of stream. Combo pvp takes less skill than normal kb, because with normal KB it’s more fair making it harder to hit an actual combo.
Combo/vertical kb takes a lot less skill than actual kb because it’s meant for combos to make them E A S I E R and not more skillful.

Hive’s KB barely works for me and I’m on US servers with 100 ping so why would I like cubecrafts KB with nearly double that?

Wave Master7S

Dedicated Member
Jul 31, 2020
United States
Pronouns
He/Him
Literally talked more trash about Hive’s KB than cubes of stream. Combo pvp takes less skill than normal kb, because with normal KB it’s more fair making it harder to hit an actual combo.
Combo/vertical kb takes a lot less skill than actual kb because it’s meant for combos to make them E A S I E R and not more skillful.

Hive’s KB barely works for me and I’m on US servers with 100 ping so why would I like cubecrafts KB with nearly double that?
Bruh I have 12 ping on cubecraft even tho I’m in NA just get gud.

Reactions: Kylo2532

Kylo2532

Jun 11, 2020

It’s really unfair and unappreciative of you to complain about everything: for example, you‘be complained about maps, lag, old kB, new kB, egg wars update, bugs, etc. It takes time to create updates, and they can’t erase updates with the snap of a finger.
Edit: you can’t compare ea, a multi billion dollar company, to cubecraft, a company that probably isn’t even worth 100,000

Reactions: Wave Master7S

Wave Master7S

Dedicated Member
Jul 31, 2020
United States
Pronouns
He/Him
It’s really unfair and unappreciative of you to complain about everything: for example, you‘be complained about maps, lag, old kB, new kB, egg wars update, bugs, etc. It takes time to create updates, and they can’t erase updates with the snap of a finger.
Edit: you can’t compare ea, a multi billion dollar company, to cubecraft, a company that probably isn’t even worth 100,000
Cubecraft I think isn’t even a company lol.

Wave Master7S

Dedicated Member
Jul 31, 2020
United States
Pronouns
He/Him
That’s completely false and not the reason I said it was randomized kb. Watch the video about kb here:
Old kb here:

It’s very similar to hives with vertical kb

I would like to see a fair vote between the KB and not a biased one :)
If you don’t understand what this means.
If I gave you a chance to use a cracked phone that is shattered or a new one that works and looks fine. What one would you chose? Ofc it would be the one that’s not broken

No, all you want to do is make it easier to combo nons to the point where it takes no skill to play. How is this fun? Are people honestly blinded to what skill is??? Skill =\= easy to do for anyone that has 10 braincells.
Skill is like a strategy and knowledge of something not a Ping Based KB system where the person with lower ping gets the combo easier because your 100ms behind where you are in real tome and they are only 10ms....

Like dude a person with 100 PING is 100ms closer to the EU player when in a combo, the 100 Ping player is in correct time while they are 110ping to where they are in real time, meaning they are further away.

If the 100ping player puts the EU player in a combo they are 10ms behind meaning they are that much closer to you and since you are 100ms behind you are closer to him on there screen then you are on yours.

At 5.6 Meters per second (5.6 blocks)
(Jumping being 7.1 mps)
Sprinting at 5.6 mps, because who jump sprints in a combo, you are at 100 ping half a block behind where you should be. Making it look like your first hit has reach from max distance.

And now as well as that everyone ahead of you is a block further away (when running) because if you hit them well they are flying the other direction and everything you see in the server is delayed by 100ms.
Now you comboing someone with 100 ping is a lot harder with 100 ping, I get 180 ping nearly 200ms
Meaning I’m prob around 0.8/0.9 blocks away from someone on 180 ping ^ and an EU player only being 0.11 blocks behind where they really are

Now since they are only 0.11 blocks behind, and I am 0.8 blocks behind who is going to continue to hit who more easily in a combo? That’s right the EU player because on his screen I’m 0.7 blocks closer to him compared on my screen where he is 0.7 blocks further!
Kinda of debatable I’ve you saying on streams “ dude!!! cube!!!” “Randomized knockback”

Awabbatt

Nov 14, 2020
Its the complete opposite, before you couldnt really combo, now some people say that you could but you have to be skilled, tbh it still wasnt combo, the person wouldnt even get up from the ground.

Now, if you are skilled you can combo. Ive tried it and literally no one knows how to combo, so I dont get what you are complaining about.
(even if other ppl know how to combo its not like theyre gonna win its still super easy)

DarkStray

Dedicated Member
Sep 17, 2019
United States
youtube.com
Me: Says I liked the old kb
Also me: loved the eggwars tank update
Also me: loved the halloween update and the map
Me when the christmas update comes out: “It’s bad, the map sucks and it’s too common”
Me about the old kb: *says nothing because it was normal
Me when KB started becoming more and more bugged: “It’s bad fix it”
Me: Talks about how Hive’s KB is trash conpared to cubes

Cubecraft: LeTs BaSe PvP oFf HiVe CoMbOs

Reactions: Cubecrafttalk

DarkStray

Dedicated Member
Sep 17, 2019
United States
youtube.com
Well I did, and I said that genius.
I said I know cube isn’t going to buy that many servers. I compared the game mechanics about PING not servers or gameplay.

A lot of the things I see cubecraft do is similar to EA. With all the bugs, and then the part where cube is different is how they deal with those bugs

BATTLEFRONT 2 GOT A SERVER UPDATE AFTER DROPPING UPDATES FOR THE GAME WHEN THEY REALIZED THEY NEEDED TO UPDATE SERVERS.
CUBECRAFT RUINED THERE SERVERS MANY TIMES WHEN RELEASING A NEW GAMEMODE.
Battlefront 2 came out of the grave and fixed there servers while cubecraft let the Skyblock, Survival Games Duos and the initial Beta Games release ruin the server and not update the servers at all

I’m conparing one of my favorite games to my favorite Minecraft server and how similar they are and what the do differently.
Yes cubecraft is much smaller but they are still the 2nd largest bedrock server. As a server that large they shouldn’t be messing up or making mistakes like that
By breaking servers on gamemode teleases with intense server lag at peak hours. Or even creating random bugs that just ruin another played experience.

To see a post in there discord about how there staff loved Among Slimes on java. Makes me brlieve they don’t test the updates before releasing them THATS THE PROBLEM. They didn’t test the KB for long enough or even let the majority of players vote, the casual players that play cubecraft every once and a while for fun if they liked it.

Not everyone uses the forums and the majority of people using it are prob Win10 or Java players, I doubt many xbox players are using it, or any of the casual mobile nons that have no idea what’s happening to the server.

Cubecraft said they got good support from Pizza whatever but guess what. He is a Hive player, not a cubecraft player. He is use to that garbage KB system and not an actually fair one. They have SBMM we have IBMM now

They should of had an in game poll as well as a forums poll

DarkStray

Dedicated Member
Sep 17, 2019
United States
youtube.com
have to be skilled, tbh it still wasnt combo, the person wouldnt even get up from the ground.

Now, if you are skilled you can combo. Ive tried it and literally no one knows how to combo, so I dont get what you are complaining about.
(even if other ppl know how to combo its not like theyre gonna win its still super easy)
You know what a combo is?
Look it up, actually I will for you
“In fighting games, combo specifically indicates a timed sequence of moves which produce a cohesive series of hits, each of which leaves the opponent unable or almost unable to block or otherwise avoid the following hits in the sequence.”

Yes they are comboing but cube makes it easier to where it takes less skill to do so.
Only difference is that w tapping never worked on cubecraft before and it still prob doesn’t work like it does in java even if so.

A combo is consecutive hit’s not just hitting someone into the air to the point where they are so high up they can’t hit you(this is why it takes less skill, because the games puts them in the air and it just makes it easier)

Getting a strafe to out hit someone takes a lot more skill than the kb putting some player 5 blocks into the air so they can’t hit you. You get that? Or no?
Putting someone in the air also reduces player movement, because they are in the air. Having someone get hit back and be able to touch the ground makes a fight much more fair then keeping them in the air does not
Being able to touch the ground gives a player more mobility and the same amount of reach as the other person. Literally people like SadStreetKen said “Versai gives an extra half of block of reach when you get a combo” Which is completely untrue, it’s the height of the player (you swing from the head)

Killing someone with more vertical KB takes less skill than horizontal KB

Awabbatt

Nov 14, 2020
You know what a combo is?
Look it up, actually I will for you
“In fighting games, combo specifically indicates a timed sequence of moves which produce a cohesive series of hits, each of which leaves the opponent unable or almost unable to block or otherwise avoid the following hits in the sequence.”

Yes they are comboing but cube makes it easier to where it takes less skill to do so.
Only difference is that w tapping never worked on cubecraft before and it still prob doesn’t work like it does in java even if so.

A combo is consecutive hit’s not just hitting someone into the air to the point where they are so high up they can’t hit you(this is why it takes less skill, because the games puts them in the air and it just makes it easier)

Getting a strafe to out hit someone takes a lot more skill than the kb putting some player 5 blocks into the air so they can’t hit you. You get that? Or no?
Putting someone in the air also reduces player movement, because they are in the air. Having someone get hit back and be able to touch the ground makes a fight much more fair then keeping them in the air does not
Being able to touch the ground gives a player more mobility and the same amount of reach as the other person. Literally people like SadStreetKen said “Versai gives an extra half of block of reach when you get a combo” Which is completely untrue, it’s the height of the player (you swing from the head)

Killing someone with more vertical KB takes less skill than horizontal KB
Yes cube makes it easier but its not like people are going to combo you and your gonna lose every game. In fact I find it easier now. I can combo and literally no one else can. I still dont understand why you want the old buggy kb back. That was unfair, sometimes you hit a person and they fly a million blocks, or they dont take any kb at all. It resulted in people losing world records just because there was no kb. Now I shouldnt even call it kb, its not even kb it was basically ¨hIt tHiS pErSON oNCe aND tHeRe is A 50% ThEY WilL tAkE kb And 50% ThEy woNt HaHHa HaHHAl¨ and for some reason you still think thats fair? I dont get why people like the old kb this kb is perfect, plus you know how to combo you shouldnt have any problem mostly the people who are complaining are pc nons who are afraid games are going to get harder cuz they will be matched against pc.

I respect your opinion, people will always have different opinions so sorry if I looked rude but I couldnt beileve people liked the old kb lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Latest profile posts

This is YOUR daily dose of facts #20-
More tornadoes occur in the United Kingdom per square mile than in any other country in the world.
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Capitan's profile.
Congratulations on hitting over 4 000 in Reaction Score! 💙
some people need to talk to their internet provider to buy them a gym membership because theyre too FAT to take knockback
Top Bottom