Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

What should happen to the kb?

• Add more horizontal KB

Votes: 5 7.2%
  • Revert back and fix old bugs, then make a new kb test asking what one it should be.

Votes: 23 33.3%
  • Keep same

Votes: 34 49.3%
  • Reduce vertical add more horizontal

Votes: 7 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TnAdan_

Jul 13, 2020
Brazil
everyone can have you own oppinion, you can like it or not, its ok, its your oppinion and ill respect it(even if i dont agree with)

about the imput lag:

i searched with some of my friends of the XboxCreatorAcademy(ACX) and they litteraly dont know what its happening, i asked for a dirrect contact with the support and they say its probrably a cronical error of some realy especific xbox(thing that i doubt) , i already reccomended to you two things,
-clean the inside of your xbox(to remove dust and see if something is wrong)
-and reboot your xbox to factory standart

about the new knockback

the KB was a realy controversial topic in the last months/year, many people wanted to see a change on it because the old KB was 1.9 kb!

you would get 0 knockback if you were running into the direction of the enemy hitting you, what means that the one with the most gear would win

"oh but i could combo in old KB" try comboing the top 50 duels bois with that kb,

with the new KB its way more skillbased than gearbased
This new knockback is too much like The Hives kb system and it’s horrible. I hated the hive ever since it came out (As a Mobile player keep in mind)
i know mobile players that(in hive kb) can combo easily, also too much like hive KB? you hit someone on hive they are already going to the moon faster than a nasa rocket

WHERE DO I GO NOW? I’m stuck with this hot trash KB system now? Just like Hives???? Really?
you can still play here(of course you dont need if you dont want to) and me as a controler player, i say that the KB for me its good we had 2 beta versions of the KB, the comunity decided if they wanted implemented or not, and now it is! what means that the KB was choosen by the community!

hive KB as i said you hit someone 2 times and he is already flying, here no, i made some testing with @HackersDontWin in duels and you recieve a upwards KB just the enough for the player acctualy hit the ground after 3/4 hits, so saying that is like hive... you are lying! because the upwards KB its good

now the horizontal KB, i think its a bit too much ngl, just lower it a little bit and it will be perfect
Even if I could play win10, I still wouldn’t play it thats what I avoid because it’s completely ping and cps based.

i asked a old friends(that im not going to reveal the name) to use and auto clicker at 19 cps

(cubecraft staff, i asked him to use just for testing im not saying that anyone should use pls no ban :despair:)

at it had the same effect as me(on controler) hitting HackersDontWin!

about the ping i dont have any problems, i live in brazil, são paulo and i got normally 250+ ping, i can play normaly, my blocks dont dissapear when i place it, the only problem its when i put blocks too next to other players, because they can pass trough even if i put before they jump in, and thats the only problem ping related
Hive does well not because of it’s pvp, but because of how many gamemodes they have. Because hey if I mained hive I would have so many gamemodes to chose from, some that are more Casual like Murder Mystery and Build Battles, or stuff more Conpetitive like SkyWars or Survival Games

Hive has a place for mobile players to play, that is much more casual, same with not just mobiles but any casual player

Wheras cubecraft only has SkyBlock... MinerWare? Nah man theres so many pvp modes in there it’s not casual at all much.
i agree with this, hive have many others non-related PvP modes what makes people that dont like much PvP or are in mobile to play more there! cubecraft realy needs some new non-related to PvP! they are trying to put among slimes into bedrock, and i hope they put other minigames that are not PvP related!

other big reason of why hive have more players, is the other servers they have, i think there is 3 europe, north america and asia

what means that more players from different regions can play with less lag!

i already suggested to add a NA server once(and many other players did) but the network is soo smooth that even when i have 280 ping my blocks dont dissapear while bridging, my internet is realy good, (200 download 150 upload) and i connect my xbox to cable to have a better connection

resume:

the KB now its way more skillbased, many PC players liked it, many controler players liked it also, and a part of the mobile players liked it

now the fights will be aganist people in the same plattaform as you, what means that you are playing with players that, if they are acctually good, you cant say that they are from PC and just rage quit.

and if you are playing duos/squads, and you see someone that is 100% in pc, remember that the matchmaking is decided by the % of players that are in that plataform in a party, soo lets say that there is a party of 3 mobiles and 1 PC, they will get in a mobile match!

idk a frick of what is happening with your xbox, if both of the things that i suggested doesnt work idk anymore sry :sadcat:

“Combo pvp” = first person to get a hit
“Sliding kb” = easy to trade even if you suck, meaning if you combo someone it takes a lot more skill
Unbugged normal kb = slight advantage for low pinging players

Air combo pvp = higher pinging players get a larger disadvantage. Because people can’t touch the ground

The unbroken kb: allowed players to have a chance to react before getting hit again, the could run around because the Kb launched people backwards and not upwards

Combo pvp favors people with low ping and higher cps meaning it’s less skilled based because I can easily get a 9cps macro and not get banned cause sentinel doesn’t look at cps

Old cube kb: if you knew how to strafe correctly you could hit combos and launch players(not the bugged kb I’m talking aboutt 9months ago when it worked) it was easier to trade even if you had higher ping, and I found myself trading with some EU players and winning. Hitting someone doesn’t launch them into the air giving the other player time to react.

Example: if you have high ping and looting a chest and you get hit with **upwards KB** what are you going to do? Nothing that’s right because your locked into an air combo!! YAY FUN right?

Now if you get hit with **backwards KB** you can exit the chest before the 2nd/3rd hit and be able to trade and fairly pvp someone
the KB isnt that much to upwards, so you cant combo the boy in a way that he doesnt tought the ground anymore, you can still comeback from that combo, and isnt everyone that can do some cluthes and get good combos that use macro, i can do it,

about getting hit while looting, loot faster! or just get some blocs a something that deals more than 1 damage per hit, then if someone rushes you instantly you can kill him if you get more hits

if he has much stuff, it means that he looted faster, if he loots faster, its not unfair, u had the same time as him to loot

so in general, it *IS* more skillbased than before, before was too much gearbased!!!!!

thats my oppinion, yo dont need to agree/disagree with everything,
you do what you want.

DarkStray

Dedicated Member
Sep 17, 2019
United States
youtube.com
you would get 0 knockback if you were running into the direction of the enemy hitting you, what means that the one with the most gear would win
That’s completely false and not the reason I said it was randomized kb. Watch the video about kb here:
Old kb here:
you hit someone on hive they are already going to the moon faster than a nasa rocket
It’s very similar to hives with vertical kb
the comunity decided if they wanted implemented or not, and now it is! what means that the KB was choosen by the community!
I would like to see a fair vote between the KB and not a biased one :)
If you don’t understand what this means.
If I gave you a chance to use a cracked phone that is shattered or a new one that works and looks fine. What one would you chose? Ofc it would be the one that’s not broken
wer it a little bit and it will be perfect
No, all you want to do is make it easier to combo nons to the point where it takes no skill to play. How is this fun? Are people honestly blinded to what skill is??? Skill =\= easy to do for anyone that has 10 braincells.
Skill is like a strategy and knowledge of something not a Ping Based KB system where the person with lower ping gets the combo easier because your 100ms behind where you are in real tome and they are only 10ms....

Like dude a person with 100 PING is 100ms closer to the EU player when in a combo, the 100 Ping player is in correct time while they are 110ping to where they are in real time, meaning they are further away.

If the 100ping player puts the EU player in a combo they are 10ms behind meaning they are that much closer to you and since you are 100ms behind you are closer to him on there screen then you are on yours.

At 5.6 Meters per second (5.6 blocks)
(Jumping being 7.1 mps)
Sprinting at 5.6 mps, because who jump sprints in a combo, you are at 100 ping half a block behind where you should be. Making it look like your first hit has reach from max distance.

And now as well as that everyone ahead of you is a block further away (when running) because if you hit them well they are flying the other direction and everything you see in the server is delayed by 100ms.
Now you comboing someone with 100 ping is a lot harder with 100 ping, I get 180 ping nearly 200ms
Meaning I’m prob around 0.8/0.9 blocks away from someone on 180 ping ^ and an EU player only being 0.11 blocks behind where they really are

Now since they are only 0.11 blocks behind, and I am 0.8 blocks behind who is going to continue to hit who more easily in a combo? That’s right the EU player because on his screen I’m 0.7 blocks closer to him compared on my screen where he is 0.7 blocks further!

DarkStray

Dedicated Member
Sep 17, 2019
United States
youtube.com
now the fights will be aganist people in the same plattaform as you, what means that you are playing with players that, if they are acctually good, you cant say that they are from PC and just rage quit.
I never got mad at this, I grt mad at mobiles being able to launch me and all they do is slide across the ground because of a B U G. That the devs and admin team just say “THATS A MINECRAFT ISSUE” LMAO WHAT no it’s not Is end story a video and he just ignores me really? I show you the KB on 2 EU servers and you just ignore it? You told me if Someone actually showed you that you’d believe them and I just get no response :v

so in general, it *IS* more skillbased than before, before was too much gearbased!!!!!
The only gear based part of it was the sliding part of the kb, not the original KB itself
Heres more videos
(1:04:00 👌😫)
(13:40 👌🥴)

And then around April 2nd is when sliding started becoming a thing :)

Also it’s not java KB, in Java you don’t slide xP

QuietMuerte

Novice Member
Jul 3, 2020
Personally, I am a *huge* fan of the new knockback--it was the only reason I decided to stay on the server. As someone who holds multiple speedrunning records and has spent hours upon hours of my time grinding wins, this knockback has been a breath of fresh air. It became so frustrating hitting someone multiple times when they were right against the edge and failing to void them, losing a chance at a record as a result. Now, because of the new knockback, I am able to get actual combos on people, which can be seen in the clips I provided below.

According to yourself, "no aiming involved except moving your joystick up a bit mid combo or mouse up your desk. You don’t need to strafe to keep a combo only to start it, and you don’t even need to strafe if they are bad." While this may be the case against some mobile and console players I have encountered, the majority of pc players I have met in games have been able to put up a fight. Sure, some are not the greatest, but because of device-based matchmaking, I run into people that I need to strafe and aim to both place and keep them in a combo. Games are harder to win and players are smarter. The combination of both the new knockback and the matchmaking is what makes this update work so well.

Another thing I'd like to point out is how you are referring to the old knockback as "unbroken," while you yourself complained the most about it, often yelling at "cube" to "fix their game" because someone took little knockback. You even submitted a post on the forums titled "Change the KB" on November 7, 2020. In this post, you attached a video where you "[show] the bad KB and abuses of KB that can be done currently to do more KB" (attached below). At the 0:12 second mark, you hit a player into the void, switching between your pickaxe and fist. You write: "this person isn't bad but since I'm resetting the KB cooldown on my fist I can send them flying." Is this an example of an abuse of CubeCraft knockback? It is similar to w- or s-tapping, both of which reset a players knockback and help them hit their opponent further. Would you really prefer to revert back to the knockback shown at 0:35, which is not an isolated case? The majority of players I fought against took similar knockback. You hit the player 11 times when he is within two blocks of the edge before he is put into the void. It is absurd and frustrating.

You argue that the PvP on CubeCraft should be similar to vanilla, or world PvP, because you "absolutely destroy" on it and "...can kill many people very easily on a world." You talk about how "when [you] go on cube it's a lot harder," but also say that you're suggesting world PvP because you "honestly want cubecraft to be better." I am not completely sure if this is the case. In most cases, if an individual excels at an activity or task, they will continue wishing to participate in it because it makes them feel good to do well; I believe this is the reason why you would prefer world PvP for CubeCraft.

"This new knockback is too much like The Hives kb system and it’s horrible. I hated the hive ever since it came out (As a Mobile player keep in mind)." It seems as if you are implying that mobile players would not enjoy this knockback. This is false. Of course, everyone will have different opinions of different things, but I have spoken with mobile players who LOVE the new knockback that has been put in place, an example being Thatfreepig, who made the statement that "the combos are soooo smooth :))" At the same time though, I have talked with mobile players who do not like it as much. Think about how many people enjoy the knockback on Hive. Right now, at 11:02 p.m. EST, there are 14818 people on CubeCraft; however, there are 25059 on Hive. Yes, Hive has regional servers, but CubeCraft has players from all over the world as well, right? I am sure you will make the argument that people played on CubeCraft for their old, "unbroken," knockback; however, think about the possibilities CubeCraft has unlocked by changing the knockback. Not many people enjoy change, so as expected, there will be a handful of people who do not enjoy the newer version of the knockback at first ("as for the kb, I wish they just fixed the old one instead of completely redoing it. but ah well, I can learn to live with this" as put by CeleryAskin), but consider how many people might make the move from Hive to CubeCraft. The knockback is not anywhere near as vertical as Hive's, so players who enjoy "middle" knockback (as a friend of mine put it) might consider switching to CubeCraft in the way many friends of mine have considered switching to Hive because of the lack of knockback on CubeCraft.

Overall, I believe the decision to add this knockback to CubeCraft was a great one. As put by InsaneOrbitzz, "I think the new kb still needs a bit of improving but to say its not better is a lie." While there are some changes to be made, it is far better than it used to be, so I strongly believe it would be a ridiculous decision to revert back to the old knockback and begin knockback testing again. The server's staff have presented their own evidence as to why they believe this knockback--along with device-based matchmaking--will be beneficial to the growth of the server, and I fully support their decision.

My apologies for the essay, but there was a lot that needed to be said! Cheers! :D

Clip #1: one of the best combos I have gotten (I know they weren't a hard fight, but this shows how good the combos can be...you need to be able to aim well to put people into a combo like this)

Clip #2: a video of a fight I had with a pc player who is a bit better than I am (xclutchingg)...you can't argue that the fights that take place as a result of this knockback aren't skill based...watch how we put each other in and break out of combos while in combat

"Kb is bad" - DarkStray's video on how broken the old knockback was

Edit:
I just noticed another thing in your "Kb is bad" video: the knockback you showed around the 1:42 mark (which is considered good, consistent knockback in your eyes) is not much different than the knockback CubeCraft has now! Just something to point out :)

Last edited:

DarkStray

Dedicated Member
Sep 17, 2019
United States
youtube.com
"unbroken," while you yourself complained the most about it, often yelling at "cube" to "fix their game" because someone took little knockback
I started playing cube a long while before even knowing who you were, using that as an example isn’t really great 🥴.
I even said, “the knockback use to be so great” before, slowly after making my change to pc I noticed (around april) KB sliding(the randomized part) started becoming apparent.

Me calling it bad was comparing it to how the KB use to be.
"absolutely destroy" on it and "...can kill many people very easily on a world." You talk about how "when [you] go on cube it's a lot harder
Because it is very fair and easier to understand how the KB system works 🥴. I know I’d destroy on it because nobody on cubecraft can actually strafe properly.
if an individual excels at an activity or task, they will continue wishing to participate in it because it makes them feel good to do well; I believe this is the reason why you would prefer world PvP for CubeCraft.
That is not why, world pvp was very similar to how cubecraft’s knockback worked before, but with more horizontal KB, and a little hit more vertical KB.
however, there are 25059 on Hive. Yes, Hive has regional servers, but CubeCraft has players from all over the world as well, right?
Hive has casual gamemodes, like I said, they have Death Run, Murder Mystery, Hide and Seek, Build Battles. And then they have there Competitive gamemodes like SkyWars, Treasure Wars, and Survival Games.
4/7 are meant for casual gameplay

Cubecraft doesn’t have these things, comparing one servers success to another server that is based more on casual gamplay imo(because more casual gamemodes) is unfair especially going by mobile players.
I am going by most mobile players, like the ones I fight against how are they going to like this? I went into a mobile game and was able to take out FOUR bases in EGGWARS SOLOS before anyone else took out an egg, and never got dropped below half HP in those 4 rush’s. Because well I knew how to play the game compared to them so the kb is more “fair” right?
Why would they like that KB when they are just getting combod all the time? They are on mobile not PC, they probably honestly have default FOV on mobile and have no idea what is happening.

Not many people enjoy change, so as expected,
They spent less than a month on KB V2 and released it 😐. There is so much they could’ve done with the KB to make it more fair for everyone.

If your looting a chest your combo’d because too much vertical and not enough horizontal KB.
People with higher ping are easier to keep into the air
People with lower ping can combo higher pinging players more easily brcause since they have high ping, they are closer to the lowering pinging player(server side) than what they are on their own screen. That’s why I liked the old KB, because it gave someone a chance to move around over soft air locking someone.
revert back to the old knockback and begin knockback testing again.
Read title again 🥴 “Revert and Fix”
Like I’ve said many times
Who wants to drive a car that has a cracked windshield? I mean I wouldn’t I’ll take one without it. Now you shouldn’t replace the car, ou should replace the windshieldand thens ee if you want to buy a new car. You shouldn’t buy a new one because you broke something you can fix.
AND IT WAS ALSO VOTED ON THE FORUMS, most forum users are someone that play minecraft REGULARLY, I don’t believe some non that plays the server once a week has a forums account here. Why would they? I didn’t know they had a forums or a discord until I started streaming(discord) or when I ran into like 30 hackers and started reporting them.

I believe they should have a poll IN GAME after you play a KB Test match if the player likes it or not(only 1 vote total, not after every match).

Clip #1: one of the best combos I have gotten (I know they weren't a hard fight, but this shows how good the combos can be...you need to be able to aim well to put people into a combo like this)
Like I said, once you start strafing you walk in a straight line and slowly look up
bit better than I am (xclutchingg)...you can't argue that the fights that take place as a result of this knockback aren't skill based...watch how we put each other in and break out of combos while in combat
Tbh don’t see much strafing once the hitting starts happening just becomes straight lining.
is not much different than the knockback CubeCraft has now! Just something to point ou
the difference I see, is less vertical KB, and a but more horizontal KB.
In other words, air comboing only happens for a few hits and a combo is an actual skillful combo, like getting 15 hits on someone without then hitting you back takes more skill than on combo pvp, just because you can easily hit then in the air from the ground, doesn’t mean they can hit you.

The player model swings from the head, meaning if someone is stacked on a 6 block pillar, they are 5 blocks away from you when you are 6 blocks away from them
9E9001CD-9645-41D6-ABC0-A88740E9E389.jpeg

Edit: I have only shared this post in the CubeCraft discord, never once my own. I think I may have shared it in CPG once but I never chat there at all. To say that I sent this to people that would agree with me (you have not, but you said in the discord “I’ll send this to wasps server” that’s why I never direct linked you, this is why I said “It’s in Media” then, to keep the vote more fair and based on other peoples opinions on it

Wave Master7S

Dedicated Member
Jul 31, 2020
United States
Pronouns
He/Him
I started playing cube a long while before even knowing who you were, using that as an example isn’t really great 🥴.
I even said, “the knockback use to be so great” before, slowly after making my change to pc I noticed (around april) KB sliding(the randomized part) started becoming apparent.

Me calling it bad was comparing it to how the KB use to be.

Because it is very fair and easier to understand how the KB system works 🥴. I know I’d destroy on it because nobody on cubecraft can actually strafe properly.

That is not why, world pvp was very similar to how cubecraft’s knockback worked before, but with more horizontal KB, and a little hit more vertical KB.

Hive has casual gamemodes, like I said, they have Death Run, Murder Mystery, Hide and Seek, Build Battles. And then they have there Competitive gamemodes like SkyWars, Treasure Wars, and Survival Games.
4/7 are meant for casual gameplay

Cubecraft doesn’t have these things, comparing one servers success to another server that is based more on casual gamplay imo(because more casual gamemodes) is unfair especially going by mobile players.
I am going by most mobile players, like the ones I fight against how are they going to like this? I went into a mobile game and was able to take out FOUR bases in EGGWARS SOLOS before anyone else took out an egg, and never got dropped below half HP in those 4 rush’s. Because well I knew how to play the game compared to them so the kb is more “fair” right?
Why would they like that KB when they are just getting combod all the time? They are on mobile not PC, they probably honestly have default FOV on mobile and have no idea what is happening.

They spent less than a month on KB V2 and released it 😐. There is so much they could’ve done with the KB to make it more fair for everyone.

If your looting a chest your combo’d because too much vertical and not enough horizontal KB.
People with higher ping are easier to keep into the air
People with lower ping can combo higher pinging players more easily brcause since they have high ping, they are closer to the lowering pinging player(server side) than what they are on their own screen. That’s why I liked the old KB, because it gave someone a chance to move around over soft air locking someone.

Read title again 🥴 “Revert and Fix”
Like I’ve said many times
Who wants to drive a car that has a cracked windshield? I mean I wouldn’t I’ll take one without it. Now you shouldn’t replace the car, ou should replace the windshieldand thens ee if you want to buy a new car. You shouldn’t buy a new one because you broke something you can fix.
AND IT WAS ALSO VOTED ON THE FORUMS, most forum users are someone that play minecraft REGULARLY, I don’t believe some non that plays the server once a week has a forums account here. Why would they? I didn’t know they had a forums or a discord until I started streaming(discord) or when I ran into like 30 hackers and started reporting them.

I believe they should have a poll IN GAME after you play a KB Test match if the player likes it or not(only 1 vote total, not after every match).

Like I said, once you start strafing you walk in a straight line and slowly look up

Tbh don’t see much strafing once the hitting starts happening just becomes straight lining.

the difference I see, is less vertical KB, and a but more horizontal KB.
In other words, air comboing only happens for a few hits and a combo is an actual skillful combo, like getting 15 hits on someone without then hitting you back takes more skill than on combo pvp, just because you can easily hit then in the air from the ground, doesn’t mean they can hit you.

The player model swings from the head, meaning if someone is stacked on a 6 block pillar, they are 5 blocks away from you when you are 6 blocks away from them
View attachment 184916

Edit: I have only shared this post in the CubeCraft discord, never once my own. I think I may have shared it in CPG once but I never chat there at all. To say that I sent this to people that would agree with me (you have not, but you said in the discord “I’ll send this to wasps server” that’s why I never direct linked you, this is why I said “It’s in Media” then, to keep the vote more fair and based on other peoples opinions on it
Hey darkstray your quoting your girlfriend.

Also I played cubecraft back in 2016.

jakeexdee

Jun 13, 2020
China
tbh, I tested out the new kb, and I don’t mind it, I guess a lot of that is down to the match making, but I do prefer the old. However, them introducing the new kb has had a more positive effect than negative; player numbers climbing etc. I really doubt they’ll change it back lol, but for me at least, the match making (to an extent) makes it more bearable

Thatfreepig

Nov 9, 2020
Here is my opinion on the new kb. As a mobile player that ONLY plays mobile, I love the new knockback, I have friends that also main mobile, we both agree that its definitely better than the old one. If you want proof that mobile plays can ACTUALLY combo I'll make a video. I've talked to controller players, they called it "Pogsome." One of my friends yanjindaboos, actually switched to mobile for a day. She had no problems, she could combo pretty well and made people stay up in the air in eggwars. And Yes, I have said "The combos are sooooo smooth" do i still agree with that statement? 100% still agree. The old kb was disgusting, I usually couldn't even hit pc players nor combo. If the new kb switches back to normal, I'm going to switch to hive. I have no complaints about the knockback, only things I have to complain about is some random bugs like blocks disappearing that doesnt even relate to the kb. Thanks for reading :DD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on Frontlane's profile.
genius idea frontland
IMG_8850.jpeg
GiGaGekkies wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congratulations...
GiGaGekkies wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congratulations!
GiGaGekkies wrote on Frontlane's profile.
I knew it! Congratulations
W streamer here: @SugaaKat
Top Bottom