Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Frostium

Oct 7, 2021
I am wondering why java cubecraft doesn't update to 1.16? 1.16 adds a variety of new blocks, features, and mechanics. Several include the crossbow, swimming, crouches 1 1/2 blocks tall, crawling 1 block tall, elytra firework rockets, and ender pearl stasis. I assume there is some reason it's still on 1.12, but if there isn't it would be awesome to update!

Edit: Thanks for the feedback; I understand the issues with updating

Last edited:

Zathelas

Forum Veteran
Jul 14, 2018
A Skywars Island
No, CubeCraft removed 1.8 so they could focus on 1.12.2+, with new blocks, better maps, better experience. Some people don't really have a good PC to run 1.16+, so I think that's why they keep it on 1.12, and a lot of bugs are on 1.16 aswell.

Reactions: Thunder and Deann

iTBD

Forum Expert
Apr 26, 2020
Bulgaria
1.12.2 is believed to be the last Java Edition version which can handle hundreds, if not thousands of players at once in a single server. Also, Cubecraft discontinued their 1,8 support not so long ago, and discontinuing more versions would really not make much sense right now, as there was a reason why they decided to keep 1.12.2 as the oldest version which you can use to join. I don't agree with your suggestion.

e07s

Nov 20, 2017
1.12.2 is believed to be the last Java Edition version which can handle hundreds, if not thousands of players at once in a single server. Also, Cubecraft discontinued their 1,8 support not so long ago, and discontinuing more versions would really not make much sense right now, as there was a reason why they decided to keep 1.12.2 as the oldest version which you can use to join. I don't agree with your suggestion.
that is correct

Members Online

Team online

• Camezonda
    Release Manager/Team Ops 🏳️‍🌈

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Is the status same as the profile post I am kinda noon at this forums stuff
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on glo7776's profile.
Happy birthday
Mintypie231 wrote on glo7776's profile.
Happy birthday!!🍰🥳
This is YOUR daily doe of facts #57-
The shortest war in recorded history took place between Britain and the Sultanate of Zanzibar on August 27, 1896. It lasted just 38 minutes.
insane forceshadowing.PNG

Proof I can predict the future~
i thought 1.21 was the trails and tales update wtf i'm so out of the loop
Top Bottom