Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

he77789

Sep 4, 2020
Currently, the servers for Bedrock and Java feels like two different servers that stole art from each other, seeing as that the games offered and ranks etc are vastly different. There are lots of "Please add xxx from Java to Bedrock" threads. Devs have already said that the Bedrock server is actually a separate Java server with a compatibility layer. Why don't we just put the compatibility layer onto the Java server and unify the servers? This would massively reduce the workload of the staff, as they no longer need to port games, or handle 2 ban queues. This will also increase the total player count in the lobbies to provide faster matchmaking.

Some people may say: "But what about 1.9 combat? Bedrock is still on 1.8 combat." This can be solved by either having everyone play with 1.8 combat, or clone 1.9 combat into Bedrock. Considering that lots of gameplay elements already have cooldowns, copying one for melee probably isn't hard. The UI could be made on a title, or on the actionbar. Also, shield blocking without crouching can be done, considering that it's possible to detect right clicks on Bedrock for any item via the use of plugins, which currently are already used for game selectors etc.

Thoughts? Comments?

kochido

Apr 8, 2020
I don't think this is really possible, though i have seen and played servers that have the 2 versions connected. this just is gonna create more glitches on the bedrock platformers than ever you'd be changing the pvp the kb on some platforms and the code on bedrock on java i would assume is very different. For me this is a big No.

Reactions: RelatedNoobs

Lozora

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
The Netherlands
just don’t clone Java combat. think about the mobile players man xd but no offence I agree with pretty much everything else in this thread
Hi, please don't Necro-post. This is replying to threads which haven't been posted on within 3 weeks. They are not allowed to be revived. Does not apply to news posts, games, map submissions or introduction threads.

-locked!

Reactions: Typicaaal
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Latest profile posts

JokeKaedee wrote on GameWizardWalks's profile.
happy birthdayy :)
Casualpoalrbear wrote on TheOrderOfSapphire's profile.
Congrats.
Top Bottom