Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Do you think the UHC pre-game lobby needs an update?

• Yes but only an aesthetic change.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net
The UHC pre-game lobby is one of the smallest, most boring lobbies we have currently but also the one you have to wait the longest in. There is one really easy parkour that each person who has played UHC before have done millions of times. After sitting in this lobby for so long I've tried everything to keep myself busy from dangling off vines, to sitting on as many cacti as possible and hiding in a hole.

When I saw the new Bingo lobby I instantly wish it was the UHC lobby instead. You have multiple, difficult parkour paths, noteblocks, and all sorts of fancy redstone contraptions! You never have enough time to even get through one of these things with how few players are needed to start the timer in Bingo also.

So I suggest making a new UHC pre-game lobby to help boost the players who want to stay and wait for the timer to start and maybe eventually make the wait shorter. Here are a few things that I would love to have in a new UHC lobby:
  • At least two intended parkours.
    The Bingo parkour courses are really fun with all the slimeblocks, ladders, and player heads around! I would love to have parkour courses like this in UHC with at least one being difficult.​
  • Noteblocks!
    Noteblocks are definitely my favorite block in Minecraft. I see these in Bingo and Tower Defence (although you can't use them as of now) and I would never even have enough time to tune them and play a Power Rangers theme in either of those games! :( I would really like these to be in UHC lobby in a place that is slightly difficult to get to so players who randomly join and leave don't tune the noteblocks you are using as much as in Bingo.​
  • Small redstone contraptions
    Small trampolines and lights would keep the 5 year old part of me pretty busy for hours. :)​
  • Secret Easter Egg Areas
    The main thing that makes exploring Cubecraft lobbies fun is all the small Easter eggs the builders include. It would be nice to have more hidden areas with Easter eggs in pre game lobbies in general.​
  • Mobs/Other Entities
    When you sit in a UHC lobby late at night all alone you get pretty lonely. :( A couple mobs like in the skywars lobby or even a boat and some water would be great for the players' sanity!​
  • Legitimate Tips
    While "Don't kill your teammates" is a really good tip in solo mode I think it would be very nice to include some tips for players that aren't familiar with UHC or Cubecraft's non vanilla mechanics. These could come in the form of tips over the hotbar like in survival games or just a few areas with basic tips made by the builders. (Ex: A person with a shield and skeleton armor stands with a tip about the importance of making a shield.)

Thanks for reading! ♡​
    I will just leave a tag for @Tacosbefriends as a fellow UHC enthusiast and @Efcluke94 and he's been really receptive to suggestions toward the Buid Team. :oops:​

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
Even though I never play UHC, because the game itself is dead and it reminds me of PUBG, I wouldn't mind seeing the lobby getting updated alongside with the game itself. Because I really think UHC should rather get a major revamp. Eitherway I doubt I'd play it. I simply don't like these kinds of games.

Reactions: Power Ranger

Efcluke94

👀
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
🎨 Designer
Oct 20, 2013
Talking of Pre lobbies I spoke to the staff team about revamping a lot of our pre lobbies and getting their feedback a couple of weeks ago, before the release of Bingo.

"I want to set a standard that goes across all our pre lobbies as I feel a lot of them are pretty boring and are just a pretty build.
These were the changes the build team made to the bingo pre lobby:

• 3 Parkours: Easy, Medium and Hard
  • Trampoline of slime blocks
  • Interactive redstone lamps with buttons
  • Noteblocks
  • Random Easter eggs
  • Armour stands"
I'd prefer to edit all the pre lobbies than just UHC.. tried doing it with TD like you mentioned, however there are some issues with the config that needs to be addressed by a developer first (Is on my list). Perhaps adding a selfie area too would be cool.

I'll lock since suggestion has been answered and my reply will ensure that the build team will implement future changes to pre lobbies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

JokeKaedee wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Big pro :)
Xi1m wrote on TheOrderOfSapphire's profile.
us fr
Untitled356_20240416075428.png
Eli
6,666 Reaction score, nice.

Stay tuned for 66,666!
Top Bottom