Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Laskyy

Dedicated Member
Jan 6, 2015
C-137
bit.do
Hey people, as a lot may know, UHC is right in front of us.

It will be released at 9 PM GMT.

But I have been thinking 1.9 UHC must be other than the <1.8 we were used to.
  • Diamond Axes with sharpness 1 and a crit to clean is horrible.
  • Axes will be the most used weapon.
  • Hackers at release.
  • People not reading the official rules thread before playing.
If this easy stuff get fixed/reduced we are save to play :P

Reactions: TheFastBowler

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
Hey people, as a lot may know, UHC is right in front of us.

It will be released at 9 PM GMT.

But I have been thinking 1.9 UHC must be other than the <1.8 we were used to.
  • Diamond Axes with sharpness 1 and a crit to clean is horrible.
  • Axes will be the most used weapon.
  • Hackers at release.
If this easy stuff get fixed/reduced we are save to play :p
Diamond axes do as much damage per hit as stone ones. I see how having an axe as a secondary weapon might be a good choice, but I don't think that's going to be a problem. I'll still use a sword as my primary weapon.
I really hope they do something against xrayers, or some people will be full diamond after a few minutes every game.

Can you even get a Sharpness 1 diamond axe is Vanilla?
Yes, but only by enchanting a book and combining that with the axe. This means that getting a sharp 1 axe is about as difficult as getting a sharp 2 sword.

Reactions: Power Ranger

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
Diamond Axes with sharpness 1 and a crit to clean is horrible.
in 1.9 it really isn't
Axes will be the most used weapon.
most people do that
not all though
Hackers at release.
they kinda already are on the server
So?
They still can and if they get banned it is their fault for not reading those rules
If this easy stuff get fixed/reduced we are save to play
the only 2 that aren't fixed are the hackers which are already here and not reading the rules for playing
which is their choice but if they get banned from it
just simply karma

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
The only reason I'm not too excited for UHC, is because of hackers.
You kill a team, then a hacker cleans you up with killaura & reach." Greeeeeaaaaat!"
The axe situation won't be too big of a problem though. In UHC, sneaking around is a HUGE, huge, HUGE part of the game. If you sneak up behind someone w/ a sword, you are pretty much guaranteed to have 2 free critical hits. Those hits could potentially kill someone!
Spatial awareness is extremely important in UHC

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
they kinda already are on the server

So?
They still can and if they get banned it is their fault for not reading those rules

the only 2 that aren't fixed are the hackers which are already here and not reading the rules for playing
which is their choice but if they get banned from it
just simply karma
That's still a problem though, if they only get banned after ruining the game. I'd be more upset about getting killed by a hacker after an hour of uhc than after a few minutes of skywars or survival games. Also it's going to be almost impossible to detect xraying, which is going to be very effective in uhc if it's not prevented.

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net
I've played a ton if 1.9-1.11 uhcs since a month after 1.9 release. Axes are only used in pve really but swords are still the weapon of choice for most players in the final fights. Hackers are a problem in every game but I think they will be much easier to kill in UHC as you have lava, bows, and blocks to help you outsmart them. You won't have to worry too much as most cubecrafters will die from mobs before being able to pvp you anyway :P Ive played with some of the best pvpers In 1.9 UHCs and many of them still die to mobs because 1.9 skeles op :P I doubt the average cubecrafter will last very long in a UHC with then around :3

Thefty

Forum Expert
Nov 20, 2015
somewhere deep in the woods
Honestly, as I've played many 1.9 uhc games I've noticed that axes are quite useless in pvp. Most people I played against that used axes got shut down really quickly.
I do agree with the hackers though, it's not gonna be nice to play against them.

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net
That is also true, but players that used swords against me did so much better than the ones using an axe.
The fight in the cave I used a stone axe :oops: But for the final fights they are pretty bad I think I was able to freak out Pinky once with a sharp 1 axe crit though >: ) Other than that Im never using an axe in the final fight again xD

Reactions: Thefty

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
A lot probably don't know this but armor penetration is disabled in this server. As such, a sword will still do a better job in close quarters. Sword is still the most commonly used weapon.

Edit: as for the average player dying early. Playing UHC SG or any other UHC gamemode (UHC eggwars) will give you am idea how careful you have to be when you fight.

Jef15ist

Dedicated Member
Jun 7, 2016
India
An Average Axe player can easily beat an Great Swords player. Why? Axes are too overpowered. The only reason there's a iron and diamond axe is to make the axe swing faster. Diamond axes recharge within a second.

If there is a clean,open ground like the maps CCBuildTeam(Good job guys!) Has made, Axes are at an advantage. If there is tight,close corners, swords are at a advantage. The Devs of MC have really put some thought into the combat update.

Overall the best weapon to use would be a Sword. It's cheaper (1 material less) and has more durability.
Swords are pretty easy to use and don't require much skill.
They are probably the first thing crafted during UHC, and axes are usually used as a second weapon, to either shred someone's health low and finish them off the sword.

So use both a Sword and a Axe.

After I get unbanned, I'll make a thread giving a few tips about this.

BTW PLEASE USE A SHIELD, MANY PEOPLE DONT USE A SHIELD AT ALL.... ITS 1.9 PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD USE A SHIELD. minecraft.gamepedia.com/Shield

IT PRETTY MUCH CHANGES COMBAT, PLEASE USE THE GODDAMN SHIELD. I CANT EXAGGERATE MY ANGER ANY MORE.

Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Matriox wrote on xEefster's profile.
Happy birthday eef
Basketman wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy Birthday Forums Guru (ELI) Enjoy your day and I hope these small messages here make your day! 🥳
JokeKaedee wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy birthday, Eli! I hope that today will be filled with joy and happiness only!!
Enjoy your day 🐉 :heart:
Reesle wrote on RatedManMp46's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🥳
Matriox wrote on Eli's profile.
HI

ITS YOUR BIRTHDAY

happy birthday Eli

1714947914949.png

1714948030659.png

here, take some beans:
1714948068073.png
Top Bottom