Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cynamooo

Forum Veteran
Aug 26, 2015
Hi there,
I just came up with an idea, that might work, so that's why I suggest it. So as you might know @AnonymousVoter made a thread yesterday with 3 new command ideas and what they need to contain, and I want to go further with that. This idea might seem strange, but in my opinion I think it's going to help Cube a lot, and that is..... TUTORIALS! You might think; well, what's the point of adding tutorials? Well lemme explain. Adding tutorials is mainly to help players that don't know how some games work, I've seen a lot of people asking things in chat about how games work, and it's not that easy to explain it trough chat. We already have that little painting with tips and tricks, but that's very basic. My idea is to make tutorials and add them to YouTube. When a player plays a game for the first time, they get a link right in front of them and they can't escape, they must watch the whole video. Now why is this good? Well, this will maybe improve the skills of some players, and games will be closer and more exciting + if you add advertisements, Cube can earn money just by letting people watch the video. It's a win win situation because Cube earns more money to improve games and ideas and players know how to play their games properly. I just don't exactly know how you can force people to watch the whole video without pressing escape or something like that, but remeber: nothing is impossible. Remeber you can only earn money with youtube videos ;)

Quick recap: When a player joins the server, and clicks on let's say the bow, they get thrown into the Skywars lobby, just like usual, but they are forced to watch a video made by you guys that contains the tutorial and maybe rules, just to clarify everything, once they've watched the video, they are free to play and don't have to watch the video of that game ever again, but if they want to play for example Minerware, they have to watch that video. You can always update the videos if you guys made new rules or something like that. It might seem strange, but it might work. Thanks for reading! Stay awesome \^_^/ #PrayForzDutchie :p

Last edited:

Milkyy

Apr 4, 2017
Somewhere in the dark abyss
Great Idea! Would help a lot of players. Although i'm not sure If people would want to watch the video, even though It'll benefit them. Instead of forcing them, the video should be optional. Besides, no one likes to be forced to do anything. Awesome idea though! :p

Reactions: Cynamooo
N

Nikboo

Hmm. Something like this could be implemented however I would rather not force players to watch it. Many Cubecrafters just want to dive straight into a game after watching another youtuber play it or something.

E.g: I've seen many players come onto Cube to play Eggwars after watching one of Pete's video. They would already pretty much know the rules and they would want to dive straight into playing instead of watching.

Maybe the link of a video explaining how the game works could pop up in chat before the game starts? Would be a cool idea! :)

Cynamooo

Forum Veteran
Aug 26, 2015
Hi there,
I just came up with an idea, that might work, so that's why I suggest it. So as you might know @AnonymousVoter made a thread yesterday with 3 new command ideas and what they need to contain, and I want to go further with that. This idea might seem strange, but in my opinion I think it's going to help Cube a lot, and that is..... TUTORIALS! You might think; well, what's the point of adding tutorials? Well lemme explain. Adding tutorials is mainly to help players that don't know how some games work, I've seen a lot of people asking things in chat anout how games work, and it's not that easy to explain it trough chat. We already have that little painting with tips and tricks, but that's very basic. My idea is to make tutorials and add them to YouTube. When a player plays a game for the first time, they get a link right in front of them and they can't escape, they must watch the whole video. Now why is this good? Well, this will maybe improve the skills of some players, and games will be closer and more exciting + if you add advertisements, Cube can earn money just by letting people watch the video. It's a win win situation because Cube earns more money to improve games and ideas and players know how to play their games properly. I just don't exactly know how you can force people to watch the whole video without pressing escape or something like that, but remeber: nothing is impossible. Remeber you can only earn money with youtube videos ;)

Quick recap: When a player joins the server, and clicks on let's say the bow, they get thrown into the Skywars lobby, just like usual, but they are forced to watch a video made by you guys that contains the tutorial and maybe rules, just to clarify everything, once they've watched the video, they are free to play and don't have to watch the video of that game ever again, but if they want to play for example Minerware, they have to watch that video. You can always update the videos if you guys made new rules or something like that. It might seem strange, but it might work. Thanks for reading! Stay awesome \^_^/ #PrayForzDutchie :p

Edit: Forget the force part, since a lot of players don't like that ;)

Other edit: I forgot to edit my post, whoops :(

Reactions: Nikboo

Cynamooo

Forum Veteran
Aug 26, 2015
I like the idea, but i think that many players the rules already knows, from YouTubers.
They maybe know how to play the game, but I still see a lot of teamers although it's against the rules. So not everyone knows the rules. ;)

AboodPlayz

Dedicated Member
Jun 3, 2016
Earth
Hi there,
I just came up with an idea, that might work, so that's why I suggest it. So as you might know @AnonymousVoter made a thread yesterday with 3 new command ideas and what they need to contain, and I want to go further with that. This idea might seem strange, but in my opinion I think it's going to help Cube a lot, and that is..... TUTORIALS! You might think; well, what's the point of adding tutorials? Well lemme explain. Adding tutorials is mainly to help players that don't know how some games work, I've seen a lot of people asking things in chat anout how games work, and it's not that easy to explain it trough chat. We already have that little painting with tips and tricks, but that's very basic. My idea is to make tutorials and add them to YouTube. When a player plays a game for the first time, they get a link right in front of them and they can't escape, they must watch the whole video. Now why is this good? Well, this will maybe improve the skills of some players, and games will be closer and more exciting + if you add advertisements, Cube can earn money just by letting people watch the video. It's a win win situation because Cube earns more money to improve games and ideas and players know how to play their games properly. I just don't exactly know how you can force people to watch the whole video without pressing escape or something like that, but remeber: nothing is impossible. Remeber you can only earn money with youtube videos ;)

Similar to T.D but is very useful. Would love to see it being implemented, just not during a live game ;)

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Hmm. Something like this could be implemented however I would rather not force players to watch it. Many Cubecrafters just want to dive straight into a game after watching another youtuber play it or something.

E.g: I've seen many players come onto Cube to play Eggwars after watching one of Pete's video. They would already pretty much know the rules and they would want to dive straight into playing instead of watching.

Maybe the link of a video explaining how the game works could pop up in chat before the game starts? Would be a cool idea! :)

I agree with both sides but the fact remains its nessisary and teaming could go exstinct and haacking could go down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

ngl the only reason im being active on minecraft is because of my cousin
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on maggienoodles's profile.
Happy Birthday! And also have a good day today!:D
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on burgerkingbrad1's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D ✨🎉
Reesle wrote on maggienoodles's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎂
Reesle wrote on burgerkingbrad1's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🥳 🍔
Top Bottom