Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should using obsidian offensively instead of just defensively be bannable?

• Yes

Votes: 14 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 14 50.0%

• Total voters

DjaroGames

Mar 10, 2017
Let me just preface this by saying I fully believe trolling your own team should be bannable. "Trolling" another team, however...

There is a command called /leave.
If someone from another team is killing you a lot, or "trolling" you, use it.
There is no reason why, in a PVP game, a game where your goal is to defeat other players, you should only be allowed to defeat them in a few select ways.
Trapping someone without a pickaxe in obsidian is just as valid a way of defeating them as destroying their egg.
Trapping someone on their island with obsidian around their shop so they can't buy blocks is a valid way of defeating them.

In skywars, you don't get banned for trapping another player. Why should it be bannable in eggwars?

In skywars, as far as I'm aware, you are allowed to trap a player somewhere. If you place blocks around them so they can't escape, it is not punishable (At least I think, if I'm wrong correct me on this).
Trapping someone in skywars is functionally not any different from trapping them in bedwars.

If you trap someone in a 1x1x2 hole in skywars and keep replacing the blocks so they can't get out when they try to, and then place water in that hole so they drown, or lava so they burn, it is considered a valid strategy.
Yet in eggwars, if you trap them in an obsidian hole, and then hit them with a fire aspect item so they burn to death, it is considered "trolling" and you get a warning. Really?

If being killed in creative ways by a player who is just plainly better than you upsets you so much, leave and join a new game
"Trolling" someone from another team is only possible when you are way better than them. You will never trap someone from your own skill level in obsidian, because they will kill you before you do. If someone is able to build an obsidian wall around your spawn while you are on that same island, it is entirely your own fault.

A game of bedwars takes like 15 minutes at most, just do /leave and find a new game.

Anyway, it is my opinion that in a PVP game you should be able to use any in-game mechanic to beat other players. If you are going to ban players for using obsidian, then why not just remove obsidian? Or make it so you can only place obsidian within 3 blocks of an egg.

GladiusYugen

Dec 5, 2019
Republic of Ireland
Pronouns
He/Him

In skywars, as far as I'm aware, you are allowed to trap a player somewhere. If you place blocks around them so they can't escape, it is not punishable (At least I think, if I'm wrong correct me on this).
Trapping someone in skywars is functionally not any different from trapping them in bedwars.

If you trap someone in a 1x1x2 hole in skywars and keep replacing the blocks so they can't get out when they try to, and then place water in that hole so they drown, or lava so they burn, it is considered a valid strategy.
Yet in eggwars, if you trap them in an obsidian hole, and then hit them with a fire aspect item so they burn to death, it is considered "trolling" and you get a warning. Really?

In skywars this is considered a strategy, because it gets you a final kill, the person you kill using this strategy will die and will not respawn. In eggwars however the person you are killing will keep respawning until you break their egg. Just killing them over and over for no reason is just the highest level of toxicity and should not be tolerated

TerrorNotMe

Apr 19, 2020
Let me just preface this by saying I fully believe trolling your own team should be bannable. "Trolling" another team, however...

There is no reason why, in a PVP game, a game where your goal is to defeat other players, you should only be allowed to defeat them in a few select ways.
Trapping someone without a pickaxe in obsidian is just as valid a way of defeating them as destroying their egg.
Trapping someone on their island with obsidian around their shop so they can't buy blocks is a valid way of defeating them.

In skywars, you don't get banned for trapping another player. Why should it be bannable in eggwars?

If being killed in creative ways by a player who is just plainly better than you upsets you so much, leave and join a new game
"Trolling" someone from another team is only possible when you are way better than them. You will never trap someone from your own skill level in obsidian, because they will kill you before you do. If someone is able to build an obsidian wall around your spawn while you are on that same island, it is entirely your own fault.

A game of bedwars takes like 15 minutes at most, just do /leave and find a new game.

Anyway, it is my opinion that in a PVP game you should be able to use any in-game mechanic to beat other players. If you are going to ban players for using obsidian, then why not just remove obsidian? Or make it so you can only place obsidian within 3 blocks of an egg.

I believe even though annoying I see no reason why this should a problem
as you know obsidian is 10 gold in normal and 3 in overpowered (idk hardcore) this is proof that it took longer to gain the gold and even if someone does this you can make a staircase (if ur alive)

GladiusYugen

Dec 5, 2019
Republic of Ireland
Pronouns
He/Him

Also in response to your suggestion, obsidian will not and should not get removed, it is the main focus of defence and a huge part of eggwars, removing it would serve no purpouse. And making it so you can only place obsidian within 3 blocks of an egg will not work, in overpowered mode some people like to build huge defences over their eggs wchich greatly exceed the 3 block limit that you imposed. No I think it should stay the same and people who farm kills should be punished.

I believe even though annoying I see no reason why this should a problem
as you know obsidian is 10 gold in normal and 3 in overpowered (idk hardcore) this is proof that it took longer to gain the gold and even if someone does this you can make a staircase (if ur alive)
If someone is farming you, you cannot collect resources or access villager to buy blocks to make a staircase, as they have blocked you in with obsidian...

East

Dedicated Member
Oct 26, 2016
モンスターボール
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/She/They
In skywars you can't get obsidian, so the ways of trolling are limited, when someone places lava or drowns you, you'll die in a short amount of time. When playing eggwars you have to wait until the person breaks your egg and kills you, but it's very annoying feeling powerless. Just because someone built your spawn in with obsidian you can't do anything. I've had this multiple times and it's very annoying, because you can't do anything and sometimes they even farm kills. When you do /leave you're just giving them a free win and giving them what they want without having to really fight for it.

Fesa

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
Oct 17, 2016
Yoitsu
Pronouns
She/Her
This is something that can’t be decided easily. Trapping players is just annoying for them but you have to find a way to get to the egg. I think it would be beter to learn new ways to get a teams egg then to trap them! Here are a few tips
  • In a big game, buy a faster diamond pickaxe instead of iron armor. Leather and golden apple and a fast pickaxe will get you out of there faster with their egg than a slow pickaxe with iron armor
  • Build around yourself, this can be done with clay but also with obsidian is really effective
  • Block the entrance to the egg if possible
  • Break/block bridge against escape
  • Pick up any iron so, they can’t but stuff
As far as I know, this is all allowed!
Hope this helps!

Reactions: its_Marto03

SenatorKarma

Apr 21, 2018
This is something that can’t be decided easily. Trapping players is just annoying for them but you have to find a way to get to the egg. I think it would be beter to learn new ways to get a teams egg then to trap them! Here are a few tips
  • In a big game, buy a faster diamond pickaxe instead of iron armor. Leather and golden apple and a fast pickaxe will get you out of there faster with their egg than a slow pickaxe with iron armor
  • Build around yourself, this can be done with clay but also with obsidian is really effective
Hope this helps!
Obsidian trapping people is far more effective. It is also used for killing people.
@SpankMeSanta opinion?

Attachments

• 7C834C62-04C2-4FCE-8AE2-03B8EEA5ED7E.jpeg
    7C834C62-04C2-4FCE-8AE2-03B8EEA5ED7E.jpeg
    431.3 KB · Views: 202
  • 8070E090-AFEF-4931-B8FD-BDB9953B5DA8.jpeg
    8070E090-AFEF-4931-B8FD-BDB9953B5DA8.jpeg
    287.5 KB · Views: 194
  • AE432C61-D4DF-47E1-9CB8-96C34274F075.jpeg
    AE432C61-D4DF-47E1-9CB8-96C34274F075.jpeg
    217.8 KB · Views: 175
  • 91C811AE-1300-4E9F-AE6C-8E27847031B1.jpeg
    91C811AE-1300-4E9F-AE6C-8E27847031B1.jpeg
    350.7 KB · Views: 148
  • C8094191-88A7-4BDC-A880-C13CD92DCFC1.jpeg
    C8094191-88A7-4BDC-A880-C13CD92DCFC1.jpeg
    276.7 KB · Views: 183

SpankMeSanta

Dedicated Member
Nov 12, 2016
I only see the offence when people use it to kill farm and boost their stats. If they do not killfarm I do not see the issue.

Some people say that it discourages players to play, however the trapped player can always /leave. Also it is very unlikely someone will trap another player for no reason, usually its because the player in question has been annoying them in chat all game or have been crossteaming all game or something. Revenge is sweet, especially in eggwars. I promote all forms of revenge as long as they are part of the game, so I agree with the main point of this thread.

Reactions: SenatorKarma

OGCaptiveOG

Oct 27, 2015
The internet
Trapping someone is not the same as destroying their egg. It is bannable only in certain situations, for example kill farming. Trapping people in obsidian while you destroy their egg is completely fine, however when you start to kill farm this is where the problem arises. Trap people with common sense.

its_Marto03

Nov 13, 2017
Dog's Land
Hope this helps!
Hi! First of all I want to say, It depends on the gamemode because in Eggwars this strategy is considered farm kills and that's reportable with video evidence (report them here), there is no reason why a team should lock up another team only to kill it over and over, I understand that you lock them up so they cannot leave, and thus break their egg without difficulty, but the other, as @GladiusYugen said:
Just killing them over and over for no reason is just the highest level of toxicity and should not be tolerated
Also because its really annoying because you can't do anything but from now I will report them.
This is my opinion, thanks for reading and greetings.

Reactions: GladiusYugen

Calichin

Dedicated Member
Aug 20, 2019
Americaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
I think it should be a bannable offense. I'm going to relate this to your other post, what you did to that player was trolling and overall pretty mean towards him. Trapping someone to just get the kill, or to buy yourself time to break their egg is fine because your only intention is completing the objective of the game. If you take the time to buy all that obsidian like you did in your earlier post and trap them in their spawn is just completely unnecessary and would overall be demoralizing towards that player.

We should all play for the objective of the gamemode and that's to win. Not to ruin the experience for others.

To just ask you a simple question as well. Why build a whole wall made of obsidian and torture a player from even being able to leave their own spawn?

Fesa

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
Oct 17, 2016
Yoitsu
Pronouns
She/Her
Obsidian trapping people is far more effective. It is also used for killing people.
Yes it, it works better and has a 100% success rate. But it's against the rules (if done in spawn), so yeah…
Look at Livvv's response on this thread.

summurai

Novice Member
Jun 7, 2017
België
it's a strategy, I don't understand why it should be bannable. Everyone may and can do it. If you find it annoying if they do it to you, I recommend to play smarter and possibly use useful playing styles from experienced players. You could easily find video's about it on youtube.

GladiusYugen

Dec 5, 2019
Republic of Ireland
Pronouns
He/Him
it's a strategy, I don't understand why it should be bannable. Everyone may and can do it. If you find it annoying if they do it to you, I recommend to play smarter and possibly use useful playing styles from experienced players. You could easily find video's about it on youtube.
Its not a strategy to continuously kill them after youve trapped them, its ok if you break their egg after you trap them and then just kill them once, but just continously killing them is not a strategy and is bannable

Dudu

Apr 16, 2019
Well if you find an hacker you can just /leave, therefore hacking should be allowed!

It depends, if you trap to kill them while they have gear, sure, you should be able to do it, but if you trap them while they have nothing and just leave them there until the end of the game, or kill them over and over while they have nothing, it should not be allowed.

They are 2 completely different games, in one of them after you die, you die forever, there is no respawn, so you can't trap them while they have no stuff. There also isn't any easy to get obsidian, so those kinds of traps are almost impossible to do without a lot of effort. Also, after 30 seconds every player is geared up and has ways to defend themselves and after they die they are gone, unlike eggwars where the players have no gear after the die 30 minutes into the game, giving you more than enough time to bridge to where they are respawning and making traps, its impossible to bridge and make a trap while a player isn't geared up if they aren't afk. Also, in skywars you can destroy parts of the map, while you can't in eggwars, so its way easier to trap people in eggwars, so these games completely different.

"Trolling" someone from another team is only possible when you are way better than them.
That's completely not true, you can have the luck of pushing someone who is waaay better than you off with a punch bow and then trapping them while they wait to respawn, it's not a matter of pure skill, circumstance and luck play into it too

If someone is able to build an obsidian wall around your spawn while you are on that same island, it is entirely your own fault.

No, if you die you have nothing, it's impossible to stop a geared player from just bullying you how much they want if you die in 2 hits and the geared guy dies in 200.

First off, it's called eggwars, secondly most of mine (not that i play a lot but still) take arround 30 minutes, and skywars games usually take 5 minutes maximum, so if you find an hacker, just do /leave and find a new game.

If you are going to ban players for using obsidian, then why not just remove obsidian? Or make it so you can only place obsidian within 3 blocks of an egg.
Because there are legitimate uses for obsidian, like legitimate reasons to trap someone, but just because some of them are, doesn't mean that every reason is valid.

Deeds

Forum Veteran
Oct 2, 2016
Texas, US
If you’ve been trapped in obsidian and have nothing you’ve already lost the game. Nothing you can do until they either break your egg or you leave the game.
So, it shouldn’t be bannable because you can counter it by not being bad and dying

Herrero

Mar 4, 2017
The point of EggWars or SkyWars is to final kill every player until you/your team are the last ones alive. Traping them to annoy them so much that they leave the game should not be allowed.

A game's purpose is to have fun, not to get annoyed so CubeCraft should try to avoid their players get annoyed as they've been doing until now.

Calichin

Dedicated Member
Aug 20, 2019
Americaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Well if you find an hacker you can just /leave, therefore hacking should be allowed!

It depends, if you trap to kill them while they have gear, sure, you should be able to do it, but if you trap them while they have nothing and just leave them there until the end of the game, or kill them over and over while they have nothing, it should not be allowed.

They are 2 completely different games, in one of them after you die, you die forever, there is no respawn, so you can't trap them while they have no stuff. There also isn't any easy to get obsidian, so those kinds of traps are almost impossible to do without a lot of effort. Also, after 30 seconds every player is geared up and has ways to defend themselves and after they die they are gone, unlike eggwars where the players have no gear after the die 30 minutes into the game, giving you more than enough time to bridge to where they are respawning and making traps, its impossible to bridge and make a trap while a player isn't geared up if they aren't afk. Also, in skywars you can destroy parts of the map, while you can't in eggwars, so its way easier to trap people in eggwars, so these games completely different.

That's completely not true, you can have the luck of pushing someone who is waaay better than you off with a punch bow and then trapping them while they wait to respawn, it's not a matter of pure skill, circumstance and luck play into it too

No, if you die you have nothing, it's impossible to stop a geared player from just bullying you how much they want if you die in 2 hits and the geared guy dies in 200.

First off, it's called eggwars, secondly most of mine (not that i play a lot but still) take arround 30 minutes, and skywars games usually take 5 minutes maximum, so if you find an hacker, just do /leave and find a new game.

Because there are legitimate uses for obsidian, like legitimate reasons to trap someone, but just because some of them are, doesn't mean that every reason is valid.
Very well put together, completely agree with all these points

Members Online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

GiGaGekkies wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy Birthday
Playing SkyBlock with my boyfriend almost feels like therapy. Just chilling around and finishing quests :))))
Basketman wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Thanks for the follow Pro Rocket player.
JokeKaedee wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy birthday <3
With the Java map rotations happening soon, there is a possibility of new maps coming to Bedrock shortly after!
Top Bottom