Status
Not open for further replies.

JokeKaedee

Dedicated Member
Mar 24, 2020
Dreamland
Pronouns
She/Her
''Another thing has recently come to our attention surrounding favoritism, namely that team heads and team leads now have the privilege to add anyone into the team as a (reports) translator. This is incredibly problematic and again- very frustrating to see because obviously anyone would want their friend to have a chance to join the team, and these hand picked people are now joining whilst others are denied the chance, without the use of any sort of application whatsoever.''

Heads of Team have already discussed this in off-topic. They had in mind to invite one person for each language that was short in members. I'm sure they wouldn't just pick someone they knew without thinking about their Translating Skills. If they know them personally I truly believe they know how well they can speak English. So yes, some people might have not been tested, but if they got invited by Heads, I'm sure they are aware of their English skills. And for the people who DID get tested, I also believe it was fair and the tests got proofread.

Reactions: kristiankunc

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
What do you mean "As for your case", this was just overall and nothing specific really. Since what you're saying doesn't make much sense about just accepting people left and right. Clearly sometimes a test is needed and sometimes not, it depends on the proofreaders for the language you're trying to get in for.
What do you mean 'sometimes a test is needed'? Tests are always needed (quality>>>quantity) if you join the team for the first time, as that's what we're talking about. I sincerely hope that every Proofreader agrees with me, if not I'm questioning the quality of the rest of the team lol
''Another thing has recently come to our attention surrounding favoritism, namely that team heads and team leads now have the privilege to add anyone into the team as a (reports) translator. This is incredibly problematic and again- very frustrating to see because obviously anyone would want their friend to have a chance to join the team, and these hand picked people are now joining whilst others are denied the chance, without the use of any sort of application whatsoever.''

Heads of Team have already discussed this in off-topic. They had in mind to invite one person for each language that was short in members. I'm sure they wouldn't just pick someone they knew without thinking about their Translating Skills. If they know them personally I truly believe they know how well they can speak English. So yes, some people might have not been tested, but if they got invited by Heads, I'm sure they are aware of their English skills. And for the people who DID get tested, I also believe it was fair and the tests got proofread.
"So yes, some people might have not been tested, but if they got invited by Heads, I'm sure they are aware of their English skills."
How is that argument even valid? First of all, even Elena herself has said that English skills don't really matter that much because it's about the language you're translating into. Secondly, most of the people (if not all of them) invited do not have a Head in their team, meaning that they couldn't have known..? That's like Techno who claimed to know about Axyy's work and skills; it just doesn't make sense.
Also your claim about the Heads discussing it in #off-topic is false. It was just mentioned in there by Majksa after the people were promoted, there was no discussion at all. (However if you can find more just post it in here)

Reactions: Josher and Texbirds

JokeKaedee

Dedicated Member
Mar 24, 2020
Dreamland
Pronouns
She/Her
Also your claim about the Heads discussing it in #off-topic is false. It was just mentioned in there by Majksa after the people were promoted, there was no discussion at all. (However if you can find more just post it in here)
Eli discussed it too. But they are busy writing a reply so I'll leave it.

• Haha
Reactions: Texbirds

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
Eli discussed it too. But they are busy writing a reply so I'll leave it.
Do you mean.. favouritism?
1617977070186.png

Thanks for alerting us to this message, this honestly makes it all even more obvious.

AlperenSV

Novice Member
Jan 21, 2017
You are right. But I don't get the point here. We are talking about "who tested those translators / are they even tested?"... it's not about their personality or how much they want to join this team. Yes, passion is important but if it is going to mess up with recruitment balance (about how they got chosen) it can be considered favoritism which is a huge problem.

Edit: This is not a memes channel. If you have things to post here please post related topics. Thanks!

AlperenSV

Novice Member
Jan 21, 2017
How are they disrespecting anyone?
They are not disrespecting someone, they are disrespecting the thread itself. Also tbh I hate when someone posts off-topic messages when I talk about something serious. Yeah, I got triggered!

Reactions: MrTommy

Dreamer

Forum Expert
Dec 3, 2016
Antwerp - Belgium
I didn't bother reading all replies so idk if some stuff has been said already.
I have been a member of the Translation Team for around 1.5 years now, so I feel like I'm qualified to give some opinions.

- I have a lot of experience in managing a team and understand how easy it can be to get people you know and trust to work on your side rather then new people, but it can be so frustrating as a member and I agree with Remi and Tex on this, its going in the right direction right now but there is a long way ahead of the Heads Team!
You might think Remi is just mad and frustrated and doesn't know the full story but if you look at all top positions, very few members. I recently got accepted into the Events team but the 4 other event coordinators are all staff (except 1 who used to do events for the team so they know him pretty good) and I'm working together with the Events Head (so he know what I'm capable of, starting to think I would have been denied if I didn't ask him to support with my project)

- I don't doubt Axiyy's skills but his promotion was just a mess, complete chaos and the word 'fair' is nowhere to be seen. I think he should return to translator until he can get the proofreader rank in the right way.

- The revamp did take too long, thats an understatement.
However, I feel like only the top of the team (+ have been at the top for the past year) are qualified to reply to this, the top is very closed so the majority of members, including me, have no clue at all whats going on at all so I can't respond to this.

- Communication from the head team towards the community has been a nightmare.
I own my own community and keeping in touch with them, discussing suggestions and keeping it fresh holds everybody together. The translation team has always been a group of active, motivated people so they haven't died yet (it was close at some point however, enough is enough) but having no news, only promises and just kicking members for over a year is ridiculous! on top of that was the communication head someone I had never heard of and pretty sure I speak for many if I say I prefer talking to someone I trust or atleast saw a few times.

Pls Elena and other heads, its time to boost this chaos and bring it back to the awesome team I joined long ago!
Recently it has been going well and I'm happy with the current developments but I'm still afraid the progress will slow down again...

- Dreamer (OG Translator, Events coordinator)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

qKhalidd wrote on Muhh's profile.
:3
qKhalidd wrote on Shamel's profile.
happy birthday!
qKhalidd wrote on deoxyq's profile.
happy birthday!