Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

Technosword

Forum Expert
Apr 21, 2020
US
It's no public staff feedback about Elena, it's a feedback about the Translations Team. Thought I'd mentioned that but alright
Just because you said it doesn't mean it's not. This was my interpretation of the thread even if you did not have this as its purpose.
Furthermore, it might be 'rude' to call them incompetent, but you cannot tell me a Proofreader with 50 mistakes on his test isn't incompetent. There might be other ways to word it, but wasn't this extremely clear? He just hasn't proven himself capable, regardless of his status as 'Mojang Proofreader'. Honestly, who cares? If a person doesn't prove themselves capable of translating, they shouldn't be on the team as a Translator/Proofreader.
I'm not Dutch so I can't really comment on his skills. However, one doesn't just become a Mojang Translator.
It's about the fact that, without any applications at all, he gets into another Heads position again. It's about the decision. Don't talk to me about the 'we needed a time-efficient option', because in that case, you might've wanted to start thinking about those like a year ago.
Well, for someone who seems to care a lot about the revamp happening fast, don't you think moving a head is faster than having to open applications, interview, and consider people?

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
@Marieke2001 @JokeKaedee @Technosword @Priley
Responses from a mod who'd like to stay anonymous:
it does come off as a hate thread towards Elena in the end.
1- Elenah is the boss of the team
2- Often enough the head team has been blamed
3- Because there is a lot of criticism it might look like a hate thead towards the owner of the team, but it doesn't necessarily mean that there is hate towards that person
4- Hate is the wrong word, saying someone is doing something wrong and needs to do it better is criticizing, not hating
after checking other comments I realized that there is almost no positive feedback that can help the team and Head of Teams grow.
1- Your main point of the thread was to make the problems known
2- The heads are heads for a reason, they run the team
3- If a normal member of the team has to make the improvements, why not make this person the owner
4- Once again, not the intention of thead, rather to make the mistakes in the team known

can't find one paragraph where it isn't blamed on Elena so this seems better suited for a private discussion, not a massive public thread
In that case, you just haven't read the thread.

I understand your feedback about the heads, but while working with Axyy and now Lozora in the recruitment team it is just plain rude to call them incompetent
Could indeed have been worded better, but does not necessarily mean that they are not "incompetent" for that reason. No applications, no skill test. What would we have to base it on to know that they are suited for the job?

Anyways, I disagree with your points as some of them seem to be due to lack of knowledge (which could be a way to improve) and the rest should be for a staff feedback not a public thread.
You agree with one thing, lack of knowledge. The communication within the team is below zero. You can't tell me that you agree that a revamp should take a year, especially when everything was already planned, and things were often promised like "soon" the reopening.

Here they have again asked specific Mods (most with 0 knowledge in the team) to join. No applications. For example, I would love to apply but I am not chosen because I am not friends with at the time Eli, then Axyy, and now Lozora. You can quickly tell which people have applied at which recruitment head, can't you?

Besides the fact that Elenah's name was rarely mentioned, the whole heads team is being sued. Don't think this is necessary for a staff feedback. It is feedback on the team, part of it is about Elenah but that is part of the team.

Why is this in a suggestions subforum and isn't it a staff feedback thread? If that is the point of this thread, then I'd rather move it to that subforum as it has no purpose in making this public
I quote the title of the subforum: Feedback & Suggestions
Feels like a separate thread should be created about this, CubeCraft has mistakes but if these are pointed out in the "Feedback & Suggestions" this subforum is only seen as a suggestion forum and the feedback is hardly looked at...

Can suggestions on how to improve be given? I don’t mean suggestions like “don’t do favoritism” but how can the translation team actively avoid favoritism?
You (Remi) have already given good answers to these, but I would like to mention that taking a course on how to lead a team is also useful, "don't do favouritism" is a very good suggestion to improvise, as they really need to get rid of this

Elena and I were very close friends at the time of bean's promotion, the months preceding it and to date we still are. If there was really any favouritism, don't you think I would have been promoted first time rather than bean?
So was bean, besides, 1 job for 2 close friends means you'll have to choose.
It was also not said that favouritism was always done
I'm not Dutch so I can't really comment on his skills. However, one doesn't just become a Mojang Translator.
Sure, but he hardly/not at all met OUR requirements (which are a lot higher, by the sound of it) to be a proofreader.
Minecraft translations: barely any sentences
Cube translations: a lot of grammar involved, not just the translation of words

Well, for someone who seems to care a lot about the revamp happening fast, don't you think moving a head is faster than having to open applications, interview, and consider people?
Moving a head indeed is faster. Now imagine this. There's 2 rocks. 2 people. They decided to make it a race. First to build a bridge to the opposite side wins. Person one makes a bridge that goes STRAIGHT to the other side, no support and finishes way before person 2 is even halfway, who has been making a support for his bridge, making it so it can last longer, be more efficient. Now I want you to question, what bridge would you want to use?

Credits to anonymous mod

Last edited:

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
Just because you said it doesn't mean it's not. This was my interpretation of the thread even if you did not have this as its purpose.
In that case you just didn't read the first part, I guess? I can't help you getting hurt over the thread.
His skills weren't good enough and he hasn't been tested again, that's it. You haven't seen his tests and aren't Dutch, so it'd indeed be better to not defend this decision. And well, I guess you're commenting without reading the full part again:
A big mistake is made here: Translating in Minecraft is basically just translating words, since there are hardly any sentences in the game. The two tests have shown that when it comes to sentences, he just doesn’t possess sufficient knowledge to successfully translate these sentences into the right meaning.

No, because it'd add maybe a week to the process, that's it. Once again you've missed the point. It's about the decision, because everybody should have equal chances on becoming a Head. It might be a tiny bit faster, but puts the rest of the community at disadvantage by not giving them equal chances.

Reactions: Texbirds

Technosword

Forum Expert
Apr 21, 2020
US
In that case you just didn't read the first part, I guess? I can't help you getting hurt over the thread.
Again, you claiming that it's not an attack of certain people doesn't make it not an attack...
His skills weren't good enough and he hasn't been tested again, that's it. You haven't seen his tests and aren't Dutch, so it'd indeed be better to not defend this decision. And well, I guess you're commenting without reading the full part again:
I read it. I've seen Axyy's work and it's not like he's unqualified as you are claiming. But again, I don't speak Dutch so I can't really have an opinion.
No, because it'd add maybe a week to the process, that's it. Once again you've missed the point. It's about the decision, because everybody should have equal chances on becoming a Head.
Lozora had an equal chance just like everyone to apply. I do agree that there could have been applications, but if said individual does well in their position I see no need to do that and risk poor recruitment.

Reactions: Dutchyyy and Priley

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
I read it. I've seen Axyy's work and it's not like he's unqualified as you are claiming. But again, I don't speak Dutch so I can't really have an opinion.
What do you mean you've seen his work? Are you now Dutch all of a sudden or what are you talking about?
Lozora had an equal chance just like everyone to apply. I do agree that there could have been applications,
That is a nice way of mixing up situations right there, but we were talking about his promotion to Recruitment head and not his promotion to Communication head, right? In that case, he didn't have an equal chance, as Lozora got all chances and the rest got 0 chances on becoming Recruitment head, so your argument doesn't make sense at all.
but if said individual does well in their position I see no need to do that and risk poor recruitment.
Once again it's about the decision and about the way things get handled again, that's something you tend to overlook all the time.

ItzEnd3r

Forum Expert
Aug 18, 2019
Boulder
www.cubecraft.net
Take whatever I say with a grain of salt as the first time I really had anything to do with TT was about a week ago. But this comes off as a thread with the sole purpose of bashing members that got positions which you wanted. A massive part of running a team is trust, and sometimes that is more important then experience. Looking at what you said in the favoritism section, you are basically saying that although they are all doing amazing work and are definitely not unqualified for their jobs they had a higher chance of getting the rank because the heads knew and trusted them, and because of this they don't deserve their positions. This comes off as "I don't care if they did well I have more experience so it should have been me" and really thats the tone for this whole thread. Yes, this mythical revamp is taking a while (honestly idk what its supposed to be because it was still going on when I got helper and first joined the TT discord). And I really think that everything shouldn't have been shut down for it, it may have been beneficial for something like recruitment to keep going on as it does feel like the kind of thing that would discourage members. but that is the only part of this thread that I believe really has any merit. the rest of it is a hate thread towards the people who you don't think should have gotten their positions, (or it seems like you wanted these positions but they were given to others). just overall this doesn't feel like you are being 100% honest about the intentions of this thread and it really should have just been a staff feedback as there are no suggestions here.

Komodо

Forum Professional
May 29, 2015
Amersfoort, The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
It’s funny how all staff and wannabes say exactly the same thing. Remi is a basher and this should’ve been staff feedback. By saying this and backing each other up, you actually prove that Remi is right. You are favourizing each other on benign of non-friends.
You, except Priley because he actually provided new info at the time, should all get a warning for not adding anything new to this topic. If you weren’t favourizing each other.

Could any of my favourite staff lock this thread? When I’m starting to lose an argument I would like to cover myself behind forum rules. Hypocrites. (That goes up for me too, but idc, <3 Remi)

This is what you call a bash, and not a very good one. Im drunk. Tomorrow I won’t have an active memory of what I said today.

ItzEnd3r

Forum Expert
Aug 18, 2019
Boulder
www.cubecraft.net
It’s funny how all staff and wannabes say exactly the same thing. Remi is a basher and this should’ve been staff feedback. By saying this and backing each other up, you actually prove that Remi is right. You are favourizing each other on benign of non-friends.
You, except Priley because he actually provided new info at the time, should all get a warning for not adding anything new to this topic. If you weren’t favourizing each other.

Could any of my favourite staff lock this thread? When I’m starting to lose an argument I would like to cover myself behind forum rules. Hypocrites. (That goes up for me too, but idc, <3 Remi)

This is what you call a bash, and not a very good one. Tomorrow I won’t have an active memory of what I said today, ~Rutte 2021
1) as you are not the thread owner you cannot request a lock

2) no rules were broken so nothing is going to happen because of that

Komodо

Forum Professional
May 29, 2015
Amersfoort, The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
1) as you are not the thread owner you cannot request a lock

2) no rules were broken so nothing is going to happen because of that
Okay, I’ll leave you to the in-dept scene. I’ll continue creating drama and nonsense. Everyone happy. Except Remi. Give my brother the Translation rank. He deserves it. Afterwards we can all dance the Cha Cha Cha and everyone’s happy.

• Haha
Reactions: remio

maflenoo

Dedicated Member
May 2, 2017
Egypt
Pronouns
He/Him
Once you accept giving your time (which is the most expensive thing you have) to someone without defining your limits, you're allowing them to force you to do anything they want.
That's how CCG works (except the Dev, the designers & the admins ofc).

Honestly, they didn't do anything wrong, they said from the beginning that the moderation & the translation work are "voluntary".

Unfortunately, what you will get from your thread is just attacking you and denying your words. This is CCG staff Remi!

D

Deleted member 492126

Once you accept giving your time (which is the most expensive thing you have) to someone without defining your limits, you're allowing them to force you to do anything they want.
How is this related to the thread?

Unfortunately, what you will get from your thread is just attacking you and denying your words. This is CCG staff Remi!
Where exactly did he get attacked?

———————-
I can’t give my opinion on this since I resigned as a Translator a while ago and I haven’t been very active. I can see why you are frustrated though, and hopefully Elenahh or a Team Head will be able to reply to your concerns :)

Texbirds

Dedicated Member
Feb 29, 2020
Bird
But this comes off as a thread with the sole purpose of bashing members that got positions which you wanted.
Neither of us applied for any of the positions mentioned in this thread. Remi couldn't have applied because he's banned from the team, but knowing him, he's far from interested in any higher position. Same as me. I used to apply for higher positions back in the day but I don't have time anymore, so I'm not interested either.

You're assuming things. This is not an argument.

Looking at what you said in the favoritism section, you are basically saying that although they are all doing amazing work and are definitely not unqualified for their jobs
Read the thread. We DONT KNOW if they are, because the disconnect between the managers and normal member is huge. We have no insight at all.

Can I say btw, even if they do their job well, why would that even matter? If you ask me it just proves that any ol member is able to perform the tasks of a manager with the proper training, making randomly picking people out and putting them in a high position even more unfair.

This comes off as "I don't care if they did well I have more experience so it should have been me" and really thats the tone for this whole thread.
Neither of us want any of the positions. So this is not true. What we're saying is that it's ridiculous that a guest, that isn't involved with ANYTHING in the team, got the position of COMMUNICATION LEAD. You simply can not represent a community you are not a part of. Also important to say, Communication leads take care of any concerns or personal things that are going on in people's private lives. They act as a person you can rant to, kinda. How is the community supposed to rant to a guy that they don't even know? This whole thing was a ridiculous decision. I should say this is just the example I've decided to run with but the other 3 instances of this sort of thing happening are the exact same and really unfair.

the rest of it is a hate thread towards the people who you don't think should have gotten their positions, (or it seems like you wanted these positions but they were given to others). just overall this doesn't feel like you are being 100% honest about the intentions of this thread and it really should have just been a staff feedback as there are no suggestions here.
You can stop thinking we want these dumb positions. Kind of sus that you think people would only out criticism on something for personal gain, I can assure you we do not care for any of the positions mentioned and me and Remi are more than happy being Dutch proofreaders.

We asked for it to be moved to staff feedback, because Marieke made this point earlier and it's a very good one. We should have posted it there. I refer you to my comment for the reason why we posted it here. I think the reason why it's not moved yet is because Remi also wants me to be able to read and reply to any feedback that staff may give, as I have valuable insights to this whole situation.

Texbirds

Dedicated Member
Feb 29, 2020
Bird

Honestly, they didn't do anything wrong, they said from the beginning that the moderation & the translation work are "voluntary".

This reads more than a bible verse rather than an argument but I'm going to try and decipher it.

Because the work is voluntary they can do whatever they want? Need I remind you that Elena gets paid and there are some major benefits that come from being in a high position, like getting translator rank?

Attacking us? People have arguments and we discuss them in this comment section. That's normal for a thread like this. Were are any of us denying our words?

Mafleno it kinda feels like you just put together classic responses to controversial threads and stitched them together.

Last edited:

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
Added a section to Axyy's promotions!
EDIT
We've received a lot of messages regarding this thread and one in particular has lead us to the conclusion that the decisions resulting in Axyy's promotion to Head of the team had more flaws than we could've imagined.
On top of the things that we mentioned before, there's something else that we'd like to add.

Let's keep it short: The applications were supposed to close on December 31st, whilst Axyy was promoted on December 27th. Screenshots in the spoiler below. As you can see, the applications were closed sooner than they originally told us they would, which might've excluded some members. Then Eli mentions that, if you'd still like to apply, you should do so in the following day or two. However, Axyy received his promotion on the very same day as Eli's message..?
You didn't even give people the time to adapt to the changed dates and altered them out of nowhere, and you didn't give the community 2 more days like you promised.

This means that you had already done the interviews before the applications even closed, and didn't give the rest of the applicants that still wanted to apply a chance, as you'd already selected your winning candidate. It gives the image that you were waiting for him to apply and give him the interview+the role immediately, and then closed the applications. We aren't saying this is our final verdict and that this is 100% true. We're just saying that it really seems like this.

Reactions: Texbirds

Blocky

Forum Expert
Jun 3, 2017
492-4929444_eating-popcorn-png-transparent-png.png

This is why i still check in on the forums.

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
So, I wanna clarify a few things that I've noticed. I do agree with this thread to a degree. I don't know what's going on in the Dutch team, so I can only reply to the things that are happening everywhere and or in the Czech Team. This mean's I'll have to leave out Lozora being PR and etc...
What? Lozora is a PR? Not sure where we mentioned that but alright

Like above, it's not as harsh. Sure, Lozora and Axxy are quite questionable and yes, they probably should've had more experience in this team.
Now we have Bean, Bean is a pretty nice person. She was active, had experience and was nice, I'd see why she'd become a head.
Bean didn't have experience so that's no argument. Nor is being nice, honestly.
I've decided to put these things together as these things are an issue in the Czech team. I've asked multiple times for the Czech PRs and TRs (proofreaders and translators) to leave me something to translate/proofread. All I'm left with is around 300 strings left to Proofread. I've said it multiple times and nothing. Communication in the Czech team (and I think there are more teams) is terrible.
Definitely a point to improve on, perhaps tell your Team Lead as well if they didn't notice this yet.
another 2 points put together because they are similar in a way. The Re-Vamp is something that's needed in this team. Our system is ineffective when it comes to communication and other things.
I've never said I am against the revamp
The reason for this is not necessarily that the revamp is a bad thing in itself; opinions are divided on the subject, so I won't dwell on it too much, except for one subject (which I think is quite important, since we're talking about a team). My main concern is the long time spent on this revamp, without any real verifiable progress (for a long time).

When it comes to me, I'm quite scared of the opening of applications. We've been stuck with the same people for such a long time that I'm scared to meet new ones. With new promised events, I think the community will come back to life a bit.
You're scared of what? I don't see how allowing more Translators into the team is a bad thing, but that might just be me. Guess our opinions are different.
In conclusion, the points here are great, but the way you've described some of them are quite harsh.
How did you want us to put it then? xd

Meiske

Designer
Team CubeCraft
🎨 Designer
Aug 27, 2017
The Netherlands
www.planetminecraft.com
Just wanted to start off by saying I am not part of the translation team in any way so I can't really voice my opinion, though by reading this entire thead, which some of you clearly haven't read fully, no offense, I can understand your frustration on the situation and I believe that this is an issue since it's clear that many people are complaining about it.

I personally think that it wasn't necessarily a bad idea to post this publicly either as other members of the translation team can have a say in this whole situation, which probably wouldn't have been possible if it was made in the form of a staff feedback thread, or at least it would've been more complicated to do so. Even though it could have been organized differently (not being so public), I still think it was good for you guys to come forward about something like this and hopefully you can get a response soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Eli
The forums feel so slow on Sundays
Casualpoalrbear wrote on Xi1m's profile.
FkhsjevXEBQvIe3.jpg
to the very few 5 or less people who are concerned about fhg dont worry its not going anywhere i just dont feel like writing at all and im disappointed in myself so

dw its not that deep
Desiderata wrote on caraMel's profile.
cara mel you are my biggest hater ily
1714232286010.png
Top Bottom