Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

KitsuneToru

Jul 14, 2020
I'm not a part of the translation team so I obviously have less knowledge than most here, but from what I've read this does not surprise me at all. This is an issue that runs throughout Cubecraft as a whole and is just rearing its ugly head on yet another part of the network - the lack of communication and transparency. While I commend Cubecraft for their... attempts at improving communication and transparency, this is just another incident revealing the absolute lack of transparency and communication that they really have. The staff team bigs themselves up day after day, knocking down anyone who says they aren't doing a perfect job and ignoring the fact that while progress is progress, they still have a long long way to go.

My whole two cents on the thing? One of the translation team heads, preferably Elenahh herself needs to reply soon. Ignoring this thread and the voices of the community is not something that a good staff team would do. I'm not jumping 100% to conclusions immediately but I have definitely got concerns and the fact that none of the heads have yet to reply is not helping. Don't continue the trend of Cube ignoring its community and downplaying issues like you have in the past. The admin team said that cube is changing into a better direction - show us that change and give us some transparency and communication for once.

Technosword

Forum Expert
Apr 21, 2020
US
My whole two cents on the thing? One of the translation team heads, preferably Elenahh herself needs to reply soon. Ignoring this thread and the voices of the community is not something that a good staff team would do. I'm not jumping 100% to conclusions immediately but I have definitely got concerns and the fact that none of the heads have yet to reply is not helping. Don't continue the trend of Cube ignoring its community and downplaying issues like you have in the past.
I somewhat agree with the whole post. One flaw I have seen in the translation team is that sometimes I feel as though I don’t know what going on. However, the lack of a reply definitely doesn’t mean that this thread is going unnoticed. If I was a translation team head I would take this advice and improve on it and make change happen before replying and maybe giving false promises and hope.

Reactions: Matriox and Majksa

KitsuneToru

Jul 14, 2020
I somewhat agree with the whole post. One flaw I have seen in the translation team is that sometimes I feel as though I don’t know what going on. However, the lack of a reply definitely doesn’t mean that this thread is going unnoticed. If I was a translation team head I would take this advice and improve on it and make change happen before replying and maybe giving false promises and hope.
Sure it's nice to wait a bit before releasing full plans for future improvement, but there is still so much being left unanswered that could have easily been answered at this point. Just because they can communicate some information in the future, it absolutely does not mean that they have to only communicate far in the future when they have plans. Any person with any decency would address the concerns immediately rather than just ignoring them until they have the plans for the next 1-2 years laid out.

Cube needs to communicate more, and so far they are not communicating at all.

Texbirds

Dedicated Member
Feb 29, 2020
Bird
Added a section to favoritism!
EDIT
Another thing has recently come to our attention surrounding favoritism, namely that team heads and team leads now have the privilege to add anyone into the team as a (reports) translator. This is incredibly problematic and again- very frustrating to see because obviously anyone would want their friend to have a chance to join the team, and these hand picked people are now joining whilst others are denied the chance, without the use of any sort of application whatsoever.

At the moment, it is not about the quality of the translators, they have been tested and prepared for the work that they’ll need to be doing as a translator. What concerns us most is the way in which these translators are selected. Everyone would love to have a friend on the team but it doesn't work that way because everyone should have an equal chance. In this case, we do not know how good these people are or whether they would be better than others, but these 'others' did not even have a chance because no applications were used.

Let’s be realistic. These people were picked out to be on the team because these team leads and team heads knew them personally. Obviously they wouldn’t have gotten picked if nobody knew them, but the problem is more that others never even got the chance to apply. They’re picking these people over other people because they know them personally, this is the literal meaning of favoritism.

The team’s argument for this decision is because ‘we have big projects coming up and we could use more hands’. Again with the argument of ‘we’re incredibly busy and we don’t have enough time’. This argument is completely invalid in this case because the revamp has taken a year and there have been 2 different recruitment managers so far. Applications could have been open 8 months ago, but instead you decide to pick people out based on your own volition.

Texbirds

Dedicated Member
Feb 29, 2020
Bird
Added a section to favoritism!
I would like to add that the normal process is this:

You apply, a recruitment coordinator looks at your application and accepts or denies you and lets you enter the team. This could take up to two weeks. Then you'll enter the team as a trainee, because you still have to prove your skills. You get to do a test that can take 2 hours to do, it's an inredibly difficult test. If you pass it you become a translator.

These people are skipping this entire process. These aren't nobodies that are getting into the team either, these are good friends/boyfriends, girlfriends of team heads and team leads. It's clear favoritism.

Texbirds

Dedicated Member
Feb 29, 2020
Bird
Well you don’t exactly know that. The recruitment team has been busy, it’s not these people just randomly showed up.
Then take the shot and explain it to us?

The sheer fact that the community hasn't been told anything about this at all shows me that this whole thing smells fishy. Why would they be hiding these type of things?

Texbirds

Dedicated Member
Feb 29, 2020
Bird
That these people are skipping any kind of recruitment process
They didnt have to apply. They were asked to join the team, they did do a small test but we're not being told who proofread their tests, so it's safe to assume their own friends proofread the test, which is the most backwards thing ever.

Texbirds

Dedicated Member
Feb 29, 2020
Bird
That these people are skipping any kind of recruitment process
Maybe there isn't even a test. I just found out 1 guy, some time back translated the rules so he was let into the team. Which is fair. But that leaves the question as to how thje others got in. Did they have to do any test at all?

Technosword

Forum Expert
Apr 21, 2020
US
They didnt have to apply. They were asked to join the team, they did do a small test but we're not being told who proofread their tests, so it's safe to assume their own friends proofread the test, which is the most backwards thing ever.
That's fair, I think it is for a good reason though, and that a better more fair recruitment system will come soon.
Where did he say that those people are 'skipping any kind of recruitment process'?
"These people are skipping this entire process."
Did they have to do any test at all?
No clue, recruitment doesn't handle the skill tests.
I have big respect for both of you for trying to help fix problems you've noticed in the translation team and I'm glad we can remain civil. However, our disagreements seem to be back and forth and don't seem to be productive so I'm not gonna respond anymore. You can dm me if you have questions

Reactions: Texbirds

Livvv

Pineapplerator - Daily Quotes
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Mar 27, 2017
Swedish noodles
I would like to add that the normal process is this:

You apply, a recruitment coordinator looks at your application and accepts or denies you and lets you enter the team. This could take up to two weeks. Then you'll enter the team as a trainee, because you still have to prove your skills. You get to do a test that can take 2 hours to do, it's an inredibly difficult test. If you pass it you become a translator.

These people are skipping this entire process. These aren't nobodies that are getting into the team either, these are good friends/boyfriends, girlfriends of team heads and team leads. It's clear favoritism.

This was the original process, though if someone who had already made a test before resigned and later decided to come back, they were welcomed back into the team without making a new test depending on for how long they had been gone. This happened multiple times within multiple languages and had nothing to do with favorite Translators.

And I don't think you're able to prove that the people who are joining never made a test, so I don't know where this is actually coming from.

pipecek

Novice Member
Jan 24, 2018
EDIT
Another thing has recently come to our attention surrounding favoritism, namely that team heads and team leads now have the privilege to add anyone into the team as a (reports) translator. This is incredibly problematic and again- very frustrating to see because obviously anyone would want their friend to have a chance to join the team, and these hand picked people are now joining whilst others are denied the chance, without the use of any sort of application whatsoever.
Actually, every reports translator was part of a team that got removed.

Texbirds

Dedicated Member
Feb 29, 2020
Bird
That's fair, I think it is for a good reason though, and that a better more fair recruitment system will come soon.

"These people are skipping this entire process."

No clue, recruitment doesn't handle the skill tests.
I have big respect for both of you for trying to help fix problems you've noticed in the translation team and I'm glad we can remain civil. However, our disagreements seem to be back and forth and don't seem to be productive so I'm not gonna respond anymore. You can dm me if you have questions
I respect your decision.
This was the original process, though if someone who had already made a test before, resigned and later decided to come back, they were welcomed back into the team without making a new test depending on for how long they had been gone. This happened multiple times within multiple languages and had nothing to do with favorite Translators.
many people left- and then later came back. Sometimes they skipped the process, like with S4nne the Dutch proofreader for example. She left and a little later came back, she didn't have to do a test, but she has been doing very consistent work for a veyr very long time.

There's also cases like Hoshi. She had to do a test when she decided to join the team back after leaving for a month or so. She did the test again and passed.

As for your case, I know Kazwa joined back and I know he has been in the team for a relatively long time, which is why it's really just a voided case, because it's really subjective to everyone if he has to do the test again.

We're mainly talking about the people that joined for the first time that didn't have to do a test at all, for example katsia wouldn't have had to do a test at all, hadn't she asked for it.
1617973768304.png
And I don't think you're able to prove that the people who are joining never made a test, so I don't know where this is actually coming from.
If I were a team head I would be hyped to destroy our entire argument with proof that ALL the people that joined did a test, however, this hasnt happened and it doesn't look like it will. Which is why, for now, for us it's a case of guilty until proven innocent. We're just gonna have to wait until the team heads have collectively made a response, because it doesn't feel like they're just going to skip in for every argument we make.

Attachments

• 1617973641724.png
    1617973641724.png
    65.9 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
Reactions: remio and Matriox

Livvv

Pineapplerator - Daily Quotes
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Mar 27, 2017
Swedish noodles
I respect your decision.

many people left- and then later came back. Sometimes they skipped the process, like with S4nne the Dutch proofreader for example. She left and a little later came back, she didn't have to do a test, but she has been doing very consistant work for a veyr very long time.

There's also cases like Hoshi. She had to do a test when she decided to join the team back after leaving for a month or so. She did the test again and passed.

As for your case, I know Kazwa joined back and I know he has been in the team for a relatively long time, which is why it's really just a voided case, because it's really subjective to everyone if he has to do the test again.

We're mainly talking about the people that joined for the first time that didn't have to do a test at all, for example katsia wouldn't have had to do a test at all, hadn't she asked for it.

If I were a team head I would be hyped to destroy our entire argument with proof that ALL the people that joined did a test, however, this hasnt happened and it doesn't look like it will. Which is why, for now, for us it's a case of guilty until proven innocent. We're just gonna have to wait until the team heads have collectively made a response, because it doesn't feel like they're just going to skip in for every argument we make.

What do you mean "As for your case", this was just overall and nothing specific really. Since what you're saying doesn't make much sense about just accepting people left and right. Clearly sometimes a test is needed and sometimes not, it depends on the proofreaders for the language you're trying to get in for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Sergiio12 wrote on LoveAndMafia's profile.
Alejaaaandro
Blom wrote on Lyriie's profile.
Lyriie, sorry for bullying you all the time :o
Ur an amazing staff member <3
mojang nerf mobile players pls
Someone nerfed me because I can't find those hidden chests as easily anymore.. I won't stop trying tho >:c
Top Bottom