Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Would you like to see these features?

• Yes I'd like to see all of these features.

• Yes but I only want to see "tracking your progress".

• Yes but I only want to see "Daily challenge tweak".

• No I do not want to see any of these suggestions.

Results are only viewable after voting.

witcher

Novice Member
Feb 23, 2021
Hello everyone,

I'd like to introduce you to something that has been on my mind for a while now, the challenge and achievement system. This is something I keep getting more familiar with as I explore the server, however there is something that's missing, something I believe is needed to make it even better. Allow me to explain my idea and please leave some feedback down here, I would love nothing more than to read your comments.

The current system
The challenge and achievement system, as we know it, is something I've thoroughly enjoyed. It motivates me to play whatever's on the menu which makes me as well as others explore games on the server we don't play as often. It's a simple yet effective system that allows you to gather rewards for doing certain things in-game. Achievements are permanent, challenges reset daily, that's how it works and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. I actually fancy it quite a bit. Enough history then,here's what I am suggesting.

Tracking your progress
To anyone who has played SkyBlock on here before, this will sound incredibly familiar. I'd like to see a feature that allows you to track your challenge with a right click or any other key combination that isn't used already. This will be used for both achievements and the daily challenges, and you'll receive notifications after every single time you make progress, either with a progress bar or chat notifications. Personally, I think achievements should have a progress bar just like SkyBlock and the daily challenges should give you notifications of your progress. I have no particular reason for that, it just feels right.

There exists a similar thread, which I only found out whilst making this one, however it's not quite the same so I will still be posting this (I'd still like to give credit to the rightful creator of this thread).

Daily challenge tweak
This is a sub suggestion, one I find necessary to add. To keep things simple, I'd like to see featured games in challenges. Adding this will definitely increase the player-count in featured games, because 15 people in Wing Rush isn't really that astonishing. Perhaps it won't increase the player-count tremendously, but it'll definitely change something. I for one, am slightly addicted to the daily challenges and I usually get them all, so if featured games were added into the madness I would go for it, and I imagine other's will have the same idea.

Right, I almost forgot polls exist so I'll be adding one. I would still love to see some feedback though, perhaps you have a nice addition that you'd like to see or you have some critics on this suggestion, I'm all ears.

colinverp

May 5, 2020
Helmond netherlands
I agree with you, I also try to do all the daily challenges, and its it very annoting to do everytime /challenges or go back to the main lobby, i rather see somewhere how much "kills" i have to do for that specific gamemode, so not all the challenges, but only the daily challenges for the gamemode that your in at the moment. and about the featured games daily challenges, i like that idea very much, and i would like to add to that, the idera of daily challenges for parkoer parkour and among slimes.

my thread about parkour daily challenges (no not necropost this thread)

Reactions: blap

Egg🥚

Gameplay Engineer
Team CubeCraft
🎨 Designer
Jul 12, 2020
The Netherlands
You can download mods that send messages in chat if you press a certain key. You could set that message to /challenges

Reactions: colinverp

blap

Feb 21, 2021
United Kingdom
I very much like the idea of adding the featured games to the daily challenges. I play the featured games quite frequently and it would bring up the player count for the featured games.

Reactions: colinverp

witcher

Novice Member
Feb 23, 2021
You can download mods that send messages in chat if you press a certain key. You could set that message to /challenges
Hello, thank you for your response.

It’d be a clever temporary solution, however I am personally not a fan of installing a bunch of mods, and I’m sure a lot of Cube’s player base doesn’t know how to. Though it may solve the issue, I believe CubeCraft could handle this themselves very well and I believe they should, it’d make a good update.

witcher

Novice Member
Feb 23, 2021
I agree with you, I also try to do all the daily challenges, and its it very annoting to do everytime /challenges or go back to the main lobby, i rather see somewhere how much "kills" i have to do for that specific gamemode, so not all the challenges, but only the daily challenges for the gamemode that your in at the moment. and about the featured games daily challenges, i like that idea very much, and i would like to add to that, the idera of daily challenges for parkoer parkour and among slimes.

my thread about parkour daily challenges (no not necropost this thread)
I very much like the idea of adding the featured games to the daily challenges. I play the featured games quite frequently and it would bring up the player count for the featured games.
Thank you two for your responses, I appreciate the feedback.

Gemmmmie

Forum Veteran
Dec 31, 2017
The Butterfly Gardens
I quite like the idea of including more gamemodes within the Daily Challenges on Java. At the moment, it's mainly the permanent gamemodes, such as Eggwars, Skywars, Lucky Islands, PVP, Tower Defence and Minerware. Majority of these focus on PVP, which can make challenges repetitive at times, which isn't always a bad thing. However, including more games, like Blockwars, Among Slimes and others from the Featured Game NPC, it's creating more unique challenges. It would focus on many aspects and strategies, not just always PVP. Therefore, I love this concept!

witcher

Novice Member
Feb 23, 2021
I quite like the idea of including more gamemodes within the Daily Challenges on Java. At the moment, it's mainly the permanent gamemodes, such as Eggwars, Skywars, Lucky Islands, PVP, Tower Defence and Minerware. Majority of these focus on PVP, which can make challenges repetitive at times, which isn't always a bad thing. However, including more games, like Blockwars, Among Slimes and others from the Featured Game NPC, it's creating more unique challenges. It would focus on many aspects and strategies, not just always PVP. Therefore, I love this concept!
Hello, thank you for your response.

I’m grateful for the feedback, and I actually never noticed other games such as among slimes and block wars weren’t included, so I’ve learned something new again.

Though I would like to know your thoughts on tracking achievements and challenges. The minority, though still a decent amount, has only voted for “the daily challenge tweak” and I’d like to figure out what could possibly be a downside of tracking these challenges and achievements. So if you don’t mind me asking, I’d like to know what your opinion is on that part of the thread.

Again, I appreciate the feedback a lot so I don’t want this to seem repulsive, I just enjoy getting to the bottom of things.

witcher

Novice Member
Feb 23, 2021
@Younisco Since you’re the community manager it seems appropriate to ask for your point of view. I’m highly interested in the opinion of other people, especially those whom have the ability to make it happen.

Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on thejumboyt's profile.
Welcome to the forums! I hope you will like it here!:D
I may or may not have bought 6 Birthday Bundles (used one on myself) and I may or may not do a Giveaway for 1 soon 😉
IMG_5319.png
ImLeave wrote on thejumboyt's profile.
Welcome!
CrystalLegend01 wrote on savina875's profile.
Thank you for the follow! And welcome to the Forums
MrTommy wrote on Eli's profile.
So ypy finally admitting im good at something :D
Screenshot_20240425_224822_Samsung Internet.jpg
Top Bottom