Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should this be a thing?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Emmy

Jun 29, 2016
CandyCove
Please read the whole thread before voting or responding!
For those that don't know Tower Defense is a game that you place towers (such as: Artillery, Archer, or Mage) to protect your tower from the mobs the other team is sending. The other team does the same. So for any Tower Defense players their biggest nightmare is getting in game with a Mage/Ice spammer. What I am about to suggest may help that problem as well as make the game more challenging and fun. Causing all the top players/teams to completely re-write their strategy.

I suggest that each player can only place a certain amount of towers.
Examples:
Mage: 2/4
Ice: 9
Poison: 4
Artillery: 30
Archery: 25
Sorcerer: 6
Necromancer: 4
Turret: 1
Leach: 3
Quake: 3
Zeus: 6
These are all just estimates, these numbers are not final! The numbers would vary depending on the map, smaller map the less towers, bigger map the more towers. This would make team work a must. Causing people to have to use chat no matter what. If someone leaves people can sell there towers, if they sell them they get that tower for themselves. This means that massive amounts of Mage Stacking and trolling is no longer a problem for the community.
Please Let me know in the comment section what you think of this idea!

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr_Riolu_

MidnightMailman

Oct 19, 2016
Think Tank
www.youtube.com
This would definitely vastly change the game. I also definitely think that if this was implemented there should be some indicator of how many towers you can place. The numbers on each tower should be representative of how many people are on that team. For example, if only 2 people were on a team, they will need to place more towers per person than if there was a 6 person team.

TheQueenWaddle

Dedicated Member
Jan 3, 2016
If all you're concerned about is Mage/Ice/Poison spammers, why not just limit those? There's no reason to limit offensive towers.

Reactions: KitKatkels17

Emmy

Jun 29, 2016
CandyCove
If all you're concerned about is Mage/Ice/Poison spammers, why not just limit those? There's no reason to limit offensive towers.
Yes that can solve that issue, but doing this to all the towers brings a new and fun aspect to the game:):p

KidBit

Dedicated Member
May 9, 2016
Maple Syrup Land
hmm this is an interesting idea but it could make it a lot harder to defend yourself against the wither and giants making it whoever gets a giant pretty much wins im sorry but this is a -1 from me i like Tower Defence how it is

its already challenging enough with the Teams that players made

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
hmm this is an interesting idea but it could make it a lot harder to defend yourself against the wither and giants making it whoever gets a giant pretty much wins im sorry but this is a -1 from me i like Tower Defence how it is

its already challenging enough with the Teams that players made
You can kill giants with an example setup like this:
2017-03-18_21.29.44.png

This entire setup (not a complete one, mostly complete) can kill the wither and a giant. Everything built here satisfies the limits emmy suggested (under 30 TNT, under 6 sorcerer, 3 necros, 1 zeus, 4 ice, 2 mages (should've fit in a 3rd one), 2 quake, 1 leech, and 16 archers).

Harder? Yes, but what's the fun without a challenge? It should be per team that can have the max number of towers, but restrict the number of each tower each teammate can place (e.g. 1 mage at most per teammate only).

Fun fact: Bloons Monkey City (BMC) and one of the BTD5 challenges restrict the player to using a set number of towers while requiring the player to still kill tough enemies, so TD is still do-able but more difficult.

AboodPlayz

Dedicated Member
Jun 3, 2016
Earth
For those that don't know Tower Defense is a game that you place towers (such as: Artillery, Archer, or Mage) to protect your tower from the mobs the other team is sending. The other team does the same. So for any Tower Defense players their biggest nightmare is getting in game with a Mage/Ice spammer. What I am about to suggest may help that problem as well as make the game more challenging and fun. Causing all the top players/teams to completely re-write their strategy.

Examples:
These are all just estimates, these numbers are not final! The numbers would vary depending on the map, smaller map the less towers, bigger map the more towers. This would make team work a must. Causing people to have to use chat no matter what. If someone leaves people can sell there towers, if they sell them they get that tower for themselves. This means that massive amounts of Mage Stacking and trolling is no longer a problem for the community.

Personally I am not a big fan of this suggestion itself but as an entire different gamemode, go for it. Don't forget some maps have different sizes, soo they might have to make a custom limitation list for every map which would be hard.
I hate players who spam mage/ice towers so the only thing I can see is limiting the distance (e.g a mage tower can be placed only if it is 15 blocks away from another tower).

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco

Examples:

I honestly don't see what is so wrong with Mage and ice towers they are strong if you put them together in the proper combinations they are over flipping powered

Plus this ruins the point of being able to just play around to win and did you ever think about how many players would hate this

P.S. when people take up multiple spaces with their towers like blocking 4 possible tower spots with 1 tower (other than necromancer towers) that is the worst thing a team mate can do

Emmy

Jun 29, 2016
CandyCove
I honestly don't see what is so wrong with Mage and ice towers they are strong if you put them together in the proper combinations they are over flipping powered

Plus this ruins the point of being able to just play around to win and did you ever think about how many players would hate this

P.S. when people take up multiple spaces with their towers like blocking 4 possible tower spots with 1 tower (other than necromancer towers) that is the worst thing a team mate can do
There is nothing wrong with mage or ice towers, they are valuable towers to be used. But that being said, they are valuable 15 blocks away from one another. When you place 2 mages it doesn't deal anymore damage then if you just had 1. Same with ice, you can't get any slower with 4 ice then with 1. As my old partner and I used to say: "It can't get anymore on fire then it already is". But this is not to directly target that, just to change the game!

Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

UncleSpect wrote on xLucq's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
UncleSpect wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
Xi1m wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
happy birthday :3
Top Bottom