Cherrite

Novice Member
Jan 25, 2017
~ Wasted Wonderland ~
twitter.com
LineSeparator.png

Tower Defense 1v1
LineSeparator.png

Hey there! This thread was just a quick suggestion of mine, so feel free to make comments or whatever. I didn't see anything like this before, but maybe I'm mistaken. Anyway, a friend of mine and I have really started getting into this game. More often than not, we'll run into team members who are newer at the game and don't know where the tutorial book is or what they're doing. After some pondering about the possibilities of making this game more interesting, I thought that maybe a 1v1 gamemode could be a new way to battle your friends or for newer players to have a chance to learn what strategies work best for them.

Essentially, the idea was that you and a friend could join a game and be on opposing teams and battle each other. With reduced costs of towers and mobs, this could be a fun and new way to bring some more competition into games. If you're interested, click the spoiler for information of a potential game scenario.

Player 1 and Player 2 are looking to go "head to head" in a game of tower defense, but don't want to create an unfair advantage or potentially break any rules in a normal team game. Instead, Players 1 and 2 join a 1v1 game, in which they are able to place towers and send mobs to the opposing team's castle like any other tower defense. This gives the players an opportunity to battle each other, but also develop strategies that work for them and can be used in the game.

Everything in this gamemode would/could be reduced. The tower prices for example maybe being half of what they are in standard games. Map sizes would be smaller, cost of mobs could be gently reduced and the time of the game could be shortened. As mentioned above, this not only would create a place for players to go head to head, but could also be beneficial to players that maybe don't have as much experience with the gamemode, and could help them understand what towers do what and develop a sense for what to do in normal games.

This was just a quick post that I made up, so please feel free to make suggestions to alter it or let me know if it's a dumb idea. Thanks for reading!

CR7Joyce

Jun 12, 2016
The Netherlands
I would love to have solo, teams of 2, 3 and 4 in Tower Defense. That way you can just play with friends and not with random people who have no clue what to do.

Cherrite

Novice Member
Jan 25, 2017
~ Wasted Wonderland ~
twitter.com
This idea is one of the reasons I don't like playing with randoms. Just 1 random who stacks mages, doesn't know how to send, or places out of grid is enough for me to leave the game or try looking for a good game for over an hour. Your solution fixes that; I like it.
Exactly why I thought this would be good. It could help those players understand that placing 6 ice towers doesn't make mobs super slow, and gives more experienced players the opportunity to enjoy more of the games they play. :p

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
Exactly why I thought this would be good. It could help those players understand that placing 6 ice towers doesn't make mobs super slow, and gives more experienced players the opportunity to enjoy more of the games they play. :p
Most people don't listen. In one of my games, my team managed to convince our 1 random to listen and learn from us while we gave him a detailed tutorial. Lucky him -- we rarely give first-hand tutorials. Someone also suggested to prompt newbies to take a mandatory tutorial.

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
Ive seen this before, but again its no from me its just not practical as its to unbalanced its basically a race that ends up being one tries to attack while the other builds towers and its pretty much a guranteed loss by the guy sending mobs

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
Ive seen this before, but again its no from me its just not practical as its to unbalanced its basically a race that ends up being one tries to attack while the other builds towers and its pretty much a guranteed loss by the guy sending mobs
Not guaranteed. Every offense can be stopped by a good defense. It's also possible to kill the wither, a giant, and/or blazes on your own in 1v1.

Solution: Don't send your offense at armageddon if you are in a 3v3 or smaller. Focus on tough defense instead and send your offense after your defense is stable.

Miikie

May 10, 2016
This would be interested. 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 4v4, Would be a cool idea honestly.

KitKatkels17

Jul 27, 2016
Candy - https://discord.gg/rcQfj8v
I like it give yourself a little competition by playing against people you know but you shouldn't get xp from it. imagine you have two friends and they want that new tower all they have to do is send zombies and their friend watches and boom infinite xp

Twann

Dedicated Member
Oct 17, 2016
The Netherlands.
This idea is one of the reasons I don't like playing with randoms. Just 1 random who stacks mages, doesn't know how to send, or places out of grid is enough for me to leave the game or try looking for a good game for over an hour. Your solution fixes that; I like it.
You're right! Me2!

Refresco

Jan 12, 2017
the Netherlands
Me2, i like it!

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Playing SkyBlock with my boyfriend almost feels like therapy. Just chilling around and finishing quests :))))
Basketman wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Thanks for the follow Pro Rocket player.
JokeKaedee wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy birthday <3
With the Java map rotations happening soon, there is a possibility of new maps coming to Bedrock shortly after!
2v2 bedwars sucked so bad it made me a skywars main again
Top Bottom