Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

AboodPlayz

Dedicated Member
Jun 3, 2016
Earth
First of all before I start this thread. If you are new to tower defence and want to learn how to play or get general tips I suggest going to @Cheez 's thread (Link) where he provides you with very basic knowledge and general tips which are very helpful! After understanding the game better I suggest coming back here.

After playing several games I have noticed quite a few things that really annoy me, like people purposely placing towers in an improper area. So I have decided to make this useful information thread!
Let me get started :D !

1) Stack(ing)
Stacking is a tower defence term, it basically means if a tower will receive any extra/longer effect if it is nearby a tower of the same kind. Well lucky for you all towers stack meaning place them as close as you want to one another. There are 4 towers that do not stack ever! Which are the Mage, Ice, Poison, and Quake Towers. These four towers never receive any extra or longer effect no matter how close they are to each other, many people do not know this but I hope you now do. A smart way is to find the maximum range of these towers' effect by placing that tower where the monsters spawn, fully upgrade them then look closely at the monsters. When you notice that the effect wheres off, place a tower right next to where the effect stopped, you just got yourself the most efficient way to placing those four towers. Another option is by memorizing the maximum range of each tower which is conveniently here
Guide.JPG

Image does not represent the limit properly. I suggest going to @Snap 's thread mentioning the range of any tower (link to thread)
After getting used to this you can take this to another level which is placing the mage/ice tower so it covers the most amount of ground possible with the least amount of towers. This is much better than the first one, but the first one still works ;)
Guide 2.JPG
Image does not represent the limit properly .I suggest going to Snap 's thread mentioning the range of any tower (link to thread)

2)Placing Your Towers
Many people place their towers in a position where it occupies extra space it doesn't need to, this additional space can be used to fit in other towers. Try to make your towers attached to one another so you get the most out of your limited space given.
2017-03-29_18.32.50.png
2017-03-29_18.34.25.png

Look at how you could have fitted 4 towers in that small space. While the second screenshot is a worse choice to make having the tower take up space for 4 towers!

3) Which Monster To Send?!
It all depends on what your goal is.
If you want to collect a decent amount of exp with the least amount of coins spent I suggest sending cave spiders.
If you're in the first 5-10 minutes of the game and want to send something that can damage your enemy's castle I suggest sending any flying monster.
If you want to distract your enemies with a monster, to send a more powerful one that you want to keep hidden for as long as possible I suggest sending creepers, then your 'powerful' monster!
The situations may change your play style which is my favorite thing about Tower Defence. So plan ahead before taking action!
Just never send cave spiders alongside a mob vulnerable to ground AOE since the cave spiders can get damaged by those AOE only when nearby regular ground mobs getting hit by AOE towers.

4) Potions
Many people do not know when is the best time to use your potions, which are very helpful.

Defending Potions :-

Freezing : Use this potion when an enemy monster is nearby good defences and constantly use this potion to keep them within that area. Another situation is if you need to buy some time, just keep splashing that monster and damaging it with your sword to buy some time whether it is for your teammates to setup good defences or for the monster to not reach your castle on time!
Inferno: Use this potion when you need to damage your enemy monsters badly, but be careful since the range of the potion isn't very big so I suggest using it against a slow mob or using it with the ice tower to keep enemy monsters within the AOE effect. I strongly suggest using this potion if enemy monsters have reached your castle since they will stay in the same spot.
Meteor Shower : Similar to the Inferno potion the Meteor Shower potion doesn't have such a good range and is quite small. It summons fireballs to strike the enemy which is useful, it is the only potion to be able to damage flying mobs. It deals great damage! I suggest using it when enemy monsters are at your castle since they will stay put, one of the conditions of the potion is that the fireball(s) must hit the monster directly.
Zeus’ Rage : This potion is very similar to what the Inferno potion does. It deals much more damage than the Inferno potion and works best against giants! This potion only damages ground monsters.

Support Potions :-

Mob Extra Speed : This potion is the complete opposite of the Freezing potion. You can use this potion on the enemy side. I suggest using this potion when your mobs is in an area covered in towers so you can get them out of there as soon as possible with the least amount of damage taken. I suggest NOT using this potion on single mobs unless they're powerful and can withstand quite some damage. I also suggest NOT using this potion in areas where there are no towers or very few towers or towers your mob is immune too unless you're in a rush to make your mob reach the enemy castle.
Mob Health Regeneration : This is a potion you use on the enemy side. I suggest using this potion when your mobs are in an area where there are no towers or very few towers around since you're not in a rush and this potion doesn't slow down your mobs. You can also use this potion in areas which are covered in towers or at the enemy castle to constantly heal your mobs and prevent them from dying. I suggest NOT using this potion on single mobs or mobs that are not very useful and only use them on good mobs or a good powerful mob.

5) What To Upgrade In Your Castle Bazaar?
I generally suggest never getting the bows in Tower defence since using swords are more accurate and deal more damage in shorter amounts of time. If you ever want to upgrade something in your Bazaar I suggest getting your goldmine upgraded twice which is enough unless you want many coins then upgrade them as much as you want. If you ever want to upgrade something other than your goldmine and your potions, I suggest getting a better sword ONLY IF you fight monsters, if you do not, then it isn't smart investing in a better sword. If you spam click on Tower Defence then I also suggest not getting a better sword unless you want to properly 1.9 PvP then get it.

I believe that is all I can say to the Useful Information Guide in T.D, I hope you learned something new from this thread.
If you have any questions, thoughts, additions, or opinions feel free to reply to the thread and I will hopefully reply to you!
Just make sure to tag me so I get notified ;)
~AboodPlayz

Last edited:

AboodPlayz

Dedicated Member
Jun 3, 2016
Earth
About defense potions:

-meteors are the only damaging potion to affect air units. The meteors, however, have to hit mobs directly unlike other AoEs.
-Zeus rage is like inferno, but deals more damage and affects any ground mob. Effective against giants as a support potion.
Interesting that meteor potions affects flying mobs but have to hit a mob directly. I never used the Zeus' rage potion before but after finding out more about it I want to use it more often!
Thank you for your help

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Basketman wrote on UncleSpect's profile.
Thanks for the follow 💛
SpringWarz wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy birthday!
Eli
Behold my birthday meal

aa0fb30e-20ed-416e-b452-e4d70ce86ec2.jpeg
Thjis wrote on xEefster's profile.
Happy Bday!
Basketman wrote on BicolourSine41's profile.
Thanks for the follow! ❤️
Top Bottom