Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

6qm_

Novice Member
May 7, 2017
New Jersey, USA
I appreciate the time you guys are doing to listen to the players. Some of my friends agree on the changes you guys are making. I see a big difference. Great job!:):):):):):)

ItzEasy

Sep 16, 2017
View attachment 137485

Hello CubeCrafters!

We've heard your feedback, and are happy to bring you a small but balancing Tower Defence update. We understood that since the "Colossal Update" the game became unbalanced in some cases. After reviewing all the feedback from the community and our staff games, we've created this update to hopefully balance the issues you had and make the game even better.

So without further ado..​
Quick changelog
  • Coins rewards have been greatly reduced for higher level troops.​
  • Troop unlock/upgrade prices have been slightly increased.​
  • Slimes get 15% speed increase every split.​
  • Giants start running when at 10% health.​
  • Armageddon starts later in normal gamemode (25 minutes instead of 20).​
  • Survival gamemode is now more challenging.​
  • Hardcore gamemode has been rebalanced.​
  • Some towers have been balanced as well (especially Turret and Archer).​
  • Numerous bug fixes.​

Full changelog
Generic changes
  • Armageddon starts later (20 -> 25 min)
  • Survival waves are harder (100 -> 80 waves)
  • Hardcore mode:
    • 50 -> 25% troop health increase
    • Guards remove in 0 -> 10 minutes
    • 5 -> 10 sec summoner cooldown
    • 12 -> 5 troop send limit first 5 minutes of the game (12 after 5 min)
    • Progress bar above towers
  • All AoE potions last 10 seconds
  • Heal AoE heals less (40% less)
  • Zombies and giants don’t have full armour on (helmet only)
  • Slimes get 15% speed increase every split
  • Giants start running when at 10% health
Tower changes
  • Archer price increase (15-83%)
  • Turret price increase (25-85%)
  • Guard less damage (30%)
Troop changes
  • Zombie
    • Health decrease
    • Summon price increase
    • Unlock price increase (significant: > 380%)
    • Coins reward decrease
  • Spider
    • Summon price increase
    • Unlock price increase
    • Coins reward decrease
  • Skeleton
    • Health increase
    • Summon price increase
    • Unlock price increase
    • Coins reward decrease (moderate: > 60%)
  • Pig Zombie
    • Health decrease (moderate: > 40%)
    • Summon price increase
    • Unlock price increase
    • Coins reward decrease
  • Creeper
    • Summon price increase
    • Unlock price increase
    • Coins reward decrease
  • Blaze
    • Summon price decrease
    • Coins reward decrease
  • Slime
    • 15% speed increase every split
    • Health decrease (moderate: > 33%)
    • Summon price increase (moderate: > 50%)
    • Unlock price increase (moderate: > 25%)
    • Coins reward decrease
  • Silverfish
    • Summon price increase
    • Unlock price increase
    • Coins reward decrease (moderate: > 50%)
  • Witch
    • Coins reward decrease
  • Giant
    • Start running when at 10% health
    • Health increase
    • Summon price increase (moderate: > 27%)
    • Unlock price increase (moderate: > 50%)
    • Coins reward decrease (moderate: > 70%)
  • Wither
    • Health increase (moderate: > 60%)
Bug fixes
  • Gold/sec -> coins/sec in Bazaar.
  • Possibly fix random client crashes.
  • Ablaze achievement fix.
  • Random barrier blocks fix.
  • Necromancer tower target fix.
  • Necromancer tower schematic fix (tower placing exploit).
  • Fix inventories not closing on game end.
  • Fix players being able to interact with armour stands.
Nice update! :D

Fyre

Sep 14, 2017
  • Possibly fix random client crashes.

Yeah... no

Never crashed before the 'balancing'

Ive crashed 2x since its rolled out though

Reactions: DanielSch

Yoyo522

Sep 14, 2017
It was enough to know that you had to place a Tower of Mage level 3 to kill the hordes of zombies without getting tired, it takes 30 seconds...

DanielSch

Sep 28, 2015
It was enough to know that you had to place a Tower of Mage level 3 to kill the hordes of zombies without getting tired, it takes 30 seconds...
but ya dun understand, my dude. Cube is full of whiny little twits who will complain if they are faced with anything that forces them to use their head.

DeDeDestroyed

Nov 13, 2015
but ya dun understand, my dude. Cube is full of whiny little twits who will complain if they are faced with anything that forces them to use their head.
Because clicking about 4 times is "using your head".

TowerDefense is a game that tries to be a strategy game yet it requires no strategy at all due to its balance issues making it so that only one strategy can win.

DanielSch

Sep 28, 2015

TowerDefense is a game that tries to be a strategy game yet it requires no strategy at all due to its balance issues making it so that only one strategy can win.
I'm not mentioning the zombie spam strat. I'm talking about the mage + ice tower strat that was really good pre patch because it gets you a lot of coins quickly. And now, the strats you could have used are now useless because CC is terrible at balancing.

DanielSch

Sep 28, 2015

I also should have clarified that the strategic part was pre patch. I see that it looked like post patch was more strategic, which would be the case if the sun was cold and unicorns roamed the plains.

Reactions: DeDeDestroyed

DeDeDestroyed

Nov 13, 2015
I also should have clarified that the strategic part was pre patch. I see that it looked like post patch was more strategic, which would be the case if the sun was cold and unicorns roamed the plains.
Meh, pre-patch TD was ruled by sorcerer towers because they melted everything in large quantities. And blazes were the only way to win because archers and turrets kinda sucked.

Dart monkey

Aug 11, 2017
I found this update GOOD. Many players think this update is bad but for me, its good because i have discovered another good strategy. If you think it's an archer strategy, then you are RIGHT.

|
V
Click here

I am sharing it for u.

Reactions: Manchot999

DanielSch

Sep 28, 2015
I found this update GOOD. Many players think this update is bad but for me, its good because i have discovered another good strategy. If you think it's an archer strategy, then you are RIGHT.

|
V
Click here

I am sharing it for u.
oh so unique, you spammed archer towers everywhere. You know that you could've done this and easier in pre-patch?
Could you elaborate on why you believe that this patch is good?

Dart monkey

Aug 11, 2017
oh so unique, you spammed archer towers everywhere. You know that you could've done this and easier in pre-patch?
Could you elaborate on why you believe that this patch is good?
Maybe i could not done it before the pre-patch because of turret towers being better. Maybe i discovered this strategy because of finding blazes overpowered and turret being nerfed too much. The patch is good but the pre-patch is better, i'm believing this patch to be good because i can discover more strategies. Maybe you would discover other strategies like me.

EDIT: I discovered a strategy before this update, but it doesn't matter.

DanielSch

Sep 28, 2015
Maybe i could not done it before the pre-patch because of turret towers being better. Maybe i discovered this strategy because of finding blazes overpowered and turret being nerfed too much. The patch is good but the pre-patch is better, i'm believing this patch to be good because i can discover more strategies. Maybe you would discover other strategies like me.

EDIT: I discovered a strategy before this update, but it doesn't matter.
I don't think that that is a good reason to call this update good. I don't like being told that what I see as reliable being made worthless because it is "2OPPLSNRF". I just don't see that as good game design. I would have found some of these strategies anyway despite the update, just like you said. So the only reason this update is good is because it forces you to do something that you had the option of doing pre-patch anyway. Saying that this update is good because of strategies that hypothetically could have existed pre-patch means that this update is completely redundant. Yes, certain things needed to be nerfed, but not to the extent that CC nerfed things.

I also believe that what they did was stupid because, due to the incredibly limited resources, if you try to set up a tower build, it could be messed up by the way that others put their towers, which can become a very frustrating situation.

And even if everybody said they wanted the update to be reversed, Cube wouldn't listen. They really don't care unless you stroke their ego.

In regards to mob strategies: You cant do anything really. There are about 3 tiers: 1. trash (zombie & giant(both post-patch)) tier, Average (though they can be mistaken for trash) tier (skeleton), and God tier (Literally everything else.) And within those teirs, there isn't really much variety, at all. You have tanks, unique stuff, and one support which can be mowed down by 1 mage potion even at lvl 5.

In regards to XP: really, they didn't need to nerf XP, at all. All they did by nerfing XP is that they made the game's pacing infinitely slower.

In regards to towers: due to the nudering of certain tower strategies, the amount of strategies you could use is just about 20-30. For one mode. Oh? you want to play the other, more interesting gamemode? THEN PAY US 140$(Survival mode should NOT be stuck behind a paywall, especially with an achievement attached to it.)

So yeah, except for a few necessary nerfs, this update, to me, was one of the worst things they could have done.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Vorealys wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congratulations!! 🥳
And to think that I met you when you were just a baby

1713556170222.png
Matriox wrote on SpringWarz's profile.
Fun fact: you can’t hum if you’re holding your nose
SpringWarz wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congrats and welcome to the helper team!
SpringWarz wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congrats and welcome to the helper team!
SpringWarz wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Congrats, welcome back to the team!
Top Bottom