Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should votekick return?

• Total voters

CrystalDrop

Dedicated Member
Aug 9, 2017
USA
*This post is not just for vote kick* I am a player who has spent a lot of time on this game and I have been communicating some ideas and exchanging thoughts with other players. I think a lot of these ideas would be very beneficial to the game and should be seen in a future update. I am not saying these ideas are perfect so please feel free to leave any concerns, feedback, or other ideas you guys may have! (Sorry if some ideas have already been posted).

Castle Health: I am sure this
has already been reported, but there is a bug on a few maps where the castle health is invisible. I hope this can be fixed soon. I also think it would be lovely if we had the option to set castle health as numbers instead of a bar. (especially when it seems like the same amount of damage is dealt.)

Tower Upgrading:
When upgrading another person's pathless tower, (ex: mage, ice, quake) we should be able to use shift- right- click and not receive the message: "Can't upgrade. Tower owner didn't choose upgrade path yet." That would definitely help speed things up when needed.

Mob Upgrades: So let's say someone upgrades skeletons to level 5. I think since they already have the troops unlocked and upgraded, they should be able to bounce back to level 1 and level 5 as they please. A reason to do this is because maybe someone would like to send level 1 skeletons again for cheap exp.

Leader board: Back before the update, alongside "most wins" there was a "most sends" leader board. While this wouldn't add much to the game, I think it would be a cool thing to have back so others can be aware/compare. On top of this, maybe the more experienced players can set new goals.

Commands: When typing /share it acts like it is not a command and sometimes it confuses the new players. It would be handy to perhaps have a /stats [player] command that we can use while in game to check wins/ sends/ games played/ etc for yourself or to check other players. (This can be disabled if people do not want others to know this information). Another good command would be /spectate. Sometimes TD games could go on for a long time and someone new could suddenly join the party. It would be nice to have them at least be able to watch the game so they know what is going on and have something to do while waiting.

Top 3: You are not necessarily a top player in a round with only the categories: Towers placed, troops sent, enemies killed. I suggest adding damage dealt, and perhaps coins spent.

Vote kick: "I miss vote kick" is something I hear daily. We all know that the command was abused and so it had to be removed. However, there are still a lot of players who troll, and or refuse to listen to other team mates. It makes the game frustrating and not fun since working together is a huge part of the game. I currently do not have a solution to make /votekick less abused although I do have a similar idea: Maybe instead of kicking the player, we could agree to kick certain towers that are placed. Or perhaps a solution would be that all players have to go through a basic and fast tutorial on how to place and send correctly. (Maybe only a certain rank can vote? I really don't know.)

Teams: This idea might be the most iffy, but I was thinking about an option where you could join a 2v2 game or 4v4, etc. so players could challenge friends, or other teams.

Thank you for reading through this!

Cant upgrade.PNG Castle health.PNG share.PNG

Last edited:

Oumar kane

Jun 23, 2016
I have also played for a long time and my only real problem with the game is the fact that trolls can go on games spam misplaced towers without upgrading them and no one can remove them I think a form of votekick that should be aloud is a type of votekick that allows other team mates to remove the towers of the “kicked” person so they are not able to disrupt the gameplay of other players while still remaining in the game.

ValentinoGV_

Oct 25, 2016
Cádiz, Andalucía
I think there are 2 sides for the votekick

1. Trolls may decide to kick a normal person who is enjoying and they may actually kick him
2. Normal people kick trolls that are interrupting users to play correctly

So if they decide to bring it back, they will have to think about both, not just the positives :)

Reactions: AnolTongi

ShinyArrow

Forum Expert
Aug 31, 2019
The Netherlands
Pronouns
He/Him
If you’ve any bugs, report them here: https://reports.cubecraft.net/report

Also I like the ideas Teams and Mob Upgrading. Adding 2v2 or 3v3 would be a nice feature, because I would like playing alone with my friends without randoms. It has already been suggested: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/tower-defense-2v2-and-4v4s.220825/ take a look if you want.

Adding mob upgrading would be nice, sometimes I wanna send something, but I’ve not enough money. Because I upgraded it.

If votekick returns, because it’ll be abused. It’ll kick normal people who aren’t trolling.

AssassinJillian

Aug 6, 2016
Votekick needs to return in some form. There has to be a way to implement it so it is not abused. I think the tower removal is a good idea, but this could also be abused. I would suggest limiting it to just ranks being allowed to votekick, however this could also be abused and leaves players who do not have a rank to be stuck with trollers.

I agree that there should be some sort of tutorial. The game is tough to grasp without guidance from an experienced player. If people were educated, it would also be easier to single out people who are genuinely trolling from those who just don't know how to play the game.

Slovy

Mar 30, 2020
*This post is not just for vote kick* I am a player who has spent a lot of time on this game and I have been communicating some ideas and exchanging thoughts with other players. I think a lot of these ideas would be very beneficial to the game and should be seen in a future update. I am not saying these ideas are perfect so please feel free to leave any concerns, feedback, or other ideas you guys may have! (Sorry if some ideas have already been posted).

Castle Health: I am sure this
has already been reported, but there is a bug on a few maps where the castle health is invisible. I hope this can be fixed soon. I also think it would be lovely if we had the option to set castle health as numbers instead of a bar. (especially when it seems like the same amount of damage is dealt.)

Tower Upgrading:
When upgrading another person's pathless tower, (ex: mage, ice, quake) we should be able to use shift- right- click and not receive the message: "Can't upgrade. Tower owner didn't choose upgrade path yet." That would definitely help speed things up when needed.

Mob Upgrades: So let's say someone upgrades skeletons to level 5. I think since they already have the troops unlocked and upgraded, they should be able to bounce back to level 1 and level 5 as they please. A reason to do this is because maybe someone would like to send level 1 skeletons again for cheap exp.

Leader board: Back before the update, alongside "most wins" there was a "most sends" leader board. While this wouldn't add much to the game, I think it would be a cool thing to have back so others can be aware/compare. On top of this, maybe the more experienced players can set new goals.

Commands: When typing /share it acts like it is not a command and sometimes it confuses the new players. It would be handy to perhaps have a /stats [player] command that we can use while in game to check wins/ sends/ games played/ etc for yourself or to check other players. (This can be disabled if people do not want others to know this information). Another good command would be /spectate. Sometimes TD games could go on for a long time and someone new could suddenly join the party. It would be nice to have them at least be able to watch the game so they know what is going on and have something to do while waiting.

Top 3: You are not necessarily a top player in a round with only the categories: Towers placed, troops sent, enemies killed. I suggest adding damage dealt, and perhaps coins spent.

Vote kick: "I miss vote kick" is something I hear daily. We all know that the command was abused and so it had to be removed. However, there are still a lot of players who troll, and or refuse to listen to other team mates. It makes the game frustrating and not fun since working together is a huge part of the game. I currently do not have a solution to make /votekick less abused although I do have a similar idea: Maybe instead of kicking the player, we could agree to kick certain towers that are placed. Or perhaps a solution would be that all players have to go through a basic and fast tutorial on how to place and send correctly. (Maybe only a certain rank can vote? I really don't know.)

Teams: This idea might be the most iffy, but I was thinking about an option where you could join a 2v2 game or 4v4, etc. so players could challenge friends, or other teams.

Thank you for reading through this!

View attachment 163193 View attachment 163194 View attachment 163195
Votekick should return

StrikerDH

Jan 4, 2017
The Netherlands
I agree with the following two points: Tower Upgrading: , Commands:
Tower upgrading: It will be nice if they change it. I have a little thing extra, it would be nice if everybody after x (10?) minutes can choose a tower path from another person. Some people don't upgrade their towers and then the tower will stay at level 2 for the whole game.
Commands: It is indeed confusing, first I didn't know too because it said 'Unknown command'.

For vote kick there must be something els but the old vote kick as we know it can't return I think, people abused it too much.
Maybe that you can't place towers for x (5?) minutes or get a tutorial as said above.

Bertaar

May 5, 2020
Hi all,
Just registered.;)
My 2 cents.

Castle Health: Agree. Some bugs here. Anyone can report?
Tower Upgrading: Agree
Mob Upgrades: Don't agree. Part of the strategy is based on chose well the mob to send. Recovering xp from mobs can make it easier for parties against single players since they can attack with skeletons and then recover xp and attack with blazes, a single player can stop it.Then we'll have a new problem, parties with 4 people will be unbeatable.
Leader board: Don't care about leader board.
Commands: Agree.
Top 3: Like leader board, I don't care about it.
Vote kick: Absolutely yes. 95% of players have no idea about how to play. placing wrong and ruining games. Maybe an option could be a vote to unlocking towers. If the majority of the team vote, anyone in the team can remove troll's towers.
Teams: Agree. New team dimensions will bring us new strategies. Fun.
Extra: Increase Skelletons price: They're too cheap and too powerfull.
Extra2: Increace mobs relevance: We use spiders for xp, skeletons lvl 4 for attack and blazes if skelletons fail. If blazes fail slimes lvl 5. The rest of mobs are useless. Maybe pigmen in pigmen rush or invisible spiders to hit the castle, that's all.

Reactions: Dubbz

Dubbz

May 3, 2020
Hey all, I'm still a bit new to TD (only have played about 3 weeks ish), but I feel like I now have enough experience to comment on some of these.

Castle Health: Haven't seen this bug for a while (maybe patched by now?) but I know it (used to) exist and it's a bit annoying, if it isn't patched it definitely should be. (EDIT: Yes, this bug still exists...)
Tower Upgrading: Definitely agree here. Fun fact, it also shows this if the tower is max level and you wouldn't be able to upgrade anyway...
Mob Upgrades: I agree with this. While I do partially agree with Bertaar that it would remove some of the strategy, it just makes sense to be able to send what you have unlocked. Definitely debatable though, I can see both sides of this.
Leaderboard/Commands/Top 3: Don't really care that much about most of this, but /stats would be cool, and I can see the problems with /share. For leaderboards, I feel like in addition to most sends a good option would be games/time played. For top 3.. well it is broken...
top3-broken.png top3-broken-2.png
Vote kick: I wasn't around for vote kick so I can't really say I "miss" it, but I wish it was a thing in so many games. I also see how it was likely abused, and the only alternative I can think of is voting on tower removal, which could also be abused.. maybe for voting tower removal the placer gets full money back instead of sell price, but they can't place the same tower there again for a certain amount of time? Still not sure if that would work better, but it would be better than nothing.
Teams: I mean, technically you can manipulate this with parties, but that's annoying, having a say 2v2 option would be nice. Maybe even new maps for different size games.
Extra (Yes I know I'm stealing Bert's format here)- Potions: Just about every potion is way too overpowered in my opinion. Speed, when your whole team is using on any rush, makes most rushes incredibly hard to defend without the enemy team also spamming freeze/meteor potions. Even then, freeze pots don't even counter the speed that much so it just doesn't help. Heals aren't as overpowered but still make a big difference when the mobs get to the castle. Inferno just kills everything that isn't immune to it (even max giants go down in just a few infernos and that alone makes them suck), and meteor does big damage to anything that is immune to inferno. Freeze, despite not really canceling speed as well as it should, still is important in defense for as much stall as possible, and.. well I don't really use zeus much so can't really say anything on that. Because of this, I feel like the game becomes more of "who is better at using potions" instead of "who has the better tower defense" in games with better players, and this really just brings the game down to microing. Plus, if you're the only player using potions and the entire enemy team (or even just 2-3 players on the team) is(are) spamming speeds in a rush, the rush will go through even with a good defense. Not to mention how cheap they are, all of them are under 1000 except meteor and zeus, and those are 1300 and 1200, so super cheap especially late game. Potions just need a nerf in general, either on the cooldown or a price buff (maybe price increases each time you buy one to a maximum amount?)
Extra 2- Sword/Bow: They don't get used enough, sword is decent at best and bow's only decent when using abilities. I feel like they need a bit of a buff in damage, as even when using abilities they don't really help that much. Even timing crits with fully upgraded sword does less than level 3 artillery... especially since upgrading them is more expensive than most towers and potions. Sure, freeze sword ability can be useful for stalling but thats about it.

Last edited:

Seff300

May 12, 2020
Add a new tip that says to follow the grid when placing towers. I think that this could help new players be aware more of how the game works.
Castle Health: Agree
Tower Upgrading: Agree, this is most likely a bug.
Mob Upgrades: Agree, this could be very useful.
Leaderboard: Maybe.
Commands: Agree, the /share command is most likely a bit bugged.
Top 3: Would be nice.
Vote kick: Could be useful, but trollers.
Teams: This feature would be pretty nice in my opinion

Members Online

Latest profile posts

Reesle wrote on UnfWasTaken's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums! Hope you enjoy your stay!
Cool pfp btw 🌟
Reesle wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congrats on 500 msgs!
Amazinq wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
Hbd
Eli
So I’m working through some thread ideas and I can’t choose which one to do first, what sounds more interesting to you?

- How CubeCraft can implement the new 1.21 features
- I studied the Java Minecraft Server Market, here is what CubeCraft can do better
Top Bottom