Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should this be implemented?

• Yes

• No (Explain why)

Results are only viewable after voting.

ItsColorful

Novice Member
Aug 19, 2017
As many have recently been complaining, there’s been a lot of crashing on tower defence. This issue has been the most persistent and most annoying with parties, where one person crashes while others still play, and tower defence can take quite a while.

This is why I would like to suggest rejoining into tower defence, this would ONLY apply to tower defence, because it could cause disadvantages in other game modes.

Once you rejoin you are back to where you were. If you attempt to rejoin an ended game, you will be prompted a message that this game had ended.

I understand this suggestion was previously made, but the issues with most of those threads were the fact that they wanted to rejoin command on many (if not all) game modes. This ended up in a debate about combat logging, etc. In tower defence, there no combat logging, and if you leave/rejoin while the game is still active – it doesn’t make much difference, because it not pvp based. Rather it helps those who crashed.

Q&A

• “Change versions and you won't crash”

People still seem to crash, and having to change versions from x to x in order to play other game modes is a big pain.

• "People will leave the game and rejoin therefor abuse”

There are no advantages/disadvantages of leaving and then rejoining in TD

• “How will people rejoin?”

When they crash or leave the game, they can either type /rejoin once they’re back OR they will get prompted with a book asking if they want to rejoin.

• “The devs are working on the crash issue”

Although they may be working to fix it, there is still that downtime where it hasn't been fixed yet, and this could be a temporary fix to help everyone playing.

Livvv

Pineapplerator - Daily Quotes
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Mar 27, 2017
Swedish noodles
I would love to be able to rejoin a game when I crash but I don't agree with this. I crash a lot and it annoy me, I hate when I just randomly crash and can't finish a game but being able to rejoin would be a bit messy.

Mostly it take like a min or two for me to log back in on the server when I get loading terrain, that people randomly leave and get back 1-3 mins later doesn't feel like a good solution to this problem.

ItsColorful

Novice Member
Aug 19, 2017
I would love to be able to rejoin a game when I crash but I don't agree with this. I crash a lot and it annoy me, I hate when I just randomly crash and can't finish a game but being able to rejoin would be a bit messy.

Mostly it take like a min or two for me to log back in on the server when I get loading terrain, that people randomly leave and get back 1-3 mins later doesn't feel like a good solution to this problem.
You mention that although, rejoining is good there's some mess behind it. Could you provide more details? Im not saying this will be a solution, it simply helps temporarily fix it while the crashes aren't fixed/worked on, this way while its being worked on by the dev team, people dont have to worry about crashing.

Livvv

Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Mar 27, 2017
Swedish noodles
You mention that although, rejoining is good there's some mess behind it. Could you provide more details? Im not saying this will be a solution, it simply helps temporarily fix it while the crashes aren't fixed/worked on, this way while its being worked on by the dev team, people dont have to worry about crashing.
The only reason to why I crash is because of the leach tower which would make me crash again if I rejoined. My suggestion was to temporary remove this tower until the problem is solved but nothing happened with that.

I still just think it's messy with being able to rejoin games since people keep leaving and joining then.

HurmitCurtis

Jul 18, 2016
As many have recently been complaining, there’s been a lot of crashing on tower defence. This issue has been the most persistent and most annoying with parties, where one person crashes while others still play, and tower defence can take quite a while.

This is why I would like to suggest rejoining into tower defence, this would ONLY apply to tower defence, because it could cause disadvantages in other game modes.

Once you rejoin you are back to where you were. If you attempt to rejoin an ended game, you will be prompted a message that this game had ended.

I understand this suggestion was previously made, but the issues with most of those threads were the fact that they wanted to rejoin command on many (if not all) game modes. This ended up in a debate about combat logging, etc. In tower defence, there no combat logging, and if you leave/rejoin while the game is still active – it doesn’t make much difference, because it not pvp based. Rather it helps those who crashed.

Q&A

• “Change versions and you won't crash”

People still seem to crash, and having to change versions from x to x in order to play other game modes is a big pain.

• "People will leave the game and rejoin therefor abuse”

There are no advantages/disadvantages of leaving and then rejoining in TD

• “How will people rejoin?”

When they crash or leave the game, they can either type /rejoin once they’re back OR they will get prompted with a book asking if they want to rejoin.

• “The devs are working on the crash issue”

Although they may be working to fix it, there is still that downtime where it hasn't been fixed yet, and this could be a temporary fix to help everyone playing.
Being able to rejoin the game if they got booted ain't a bad idea but only if they left due to the kick glitch, if it is implemented then the players need to have the same exp/coins that they had before they got kicked. But it could mean once they rejoin they could be kicked again.... The issue is solved if players just played on the 1.10.2 version until they figure out how to fix it, what's more annoying having to change versions and not be kicked or 20 min into a game with a chance to win then get kicked all because changing versions is a pain??? I now the one I choose I consider the latter a bigger pain tbh

Last edited:

Troublesomee

Forum Veteran
Feb 6, 2016
It's a really inventive suggestion, I never thought about this. Though, playing with another version shouldn't be that hard. Furthermore, if a player uses another version, it doesn't mean they will have to switch versions if they want to play other games again. A rejoin command is an effective way to temporarily fix it, but it still doesn't fix the crashing. I altogether really like your suggestion, but on the other hand, it is even easier to change versions. There should be a message in chat saying how to fix the crashing. For example, ''Are you constantly getting kicked out of the game? If so, try 1.12.2!''

Im not saying this will be a solution, it simply helps temporarily fix it while the crashes aren't fixed/worked on, this way while its being worked on by the dev team, people dont have to worry about crashing.
They will crash anyway. And if they rejoin, they might get kicked again. I think it'd be better if staff tries to fix the problem although they don't know what causes the crashing yet.

Livvv

Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Mar 27, 2017
Swedish noodles
They will crash anyway. And if they rejoin, they might get kicked again. I think it'd be better if staff tries to fix the problem although they don't know what causes the crashing yet.

They kinda know why people crash now, at least some of the problems since there is a few reasons to why people crash. One reason is when the leach tower strike, a lot of people crash then if they use a higher version than 1.10.2.

It's a really inventive suggestion, I never thought about this. Though, playing with another version shouldn't be that hard. Furthermore, if a player uses another version, it doesn't mean they will have to switch versions if they want to play other games again. A rejoin command is an effective way to temporarily fix it, but it still doesn't fix the crashing. I altogether really like your suggestion, but on the other hand, it is even easier to change versions. There should be a message in chat saying how to fix the crashing. For example, ''Are you constantly getting kicked out of the game? If so, try 1.12.2!''

Also, about what version you use, I mostly use 1.11.2 since I'm not a fan of 1.10 or 1.12.
Since I have a few mods, resource pack and things like that I don't want to have to keep switching between 1.11 and 1.10 just to be able to play 1 game on Cubecraft. I tried to download everything to 1.10.2 but I didn't like that version of mc and didn't wanted to play at all with it. So it's a kinda big deal in my opinion.

Troublesomee

Forum Veteran
Feb 6, 2016
Also, about what version you use, I mostly use 1.11.2 since I'm not a fan of 1.10 or 1.12.
Since I have a few mods, resource pack and things like that I don't want to have to keep switching between 1.11 and 1.10 just to be able to play 1 game on Cubecraft. I tried to download everything to 1.10.2 but I didn't like that version of mc and didn't wanted to play at all with it. So it's a kinda big deal in my opinion.
I don't think a lot of players have mods or Labymod for one specific version. Playing TD without the mods should be okay. I understand you don't want to keep switching between versions, but having a /rejoin command won't work too, after all.

Livvv

Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Mar 27, 2017
Swedish noodles
I don't think a lot of players have mods or Labymod for one specific version. Playing TD without the mods should be okay. I understand you don't want to keep switching between versions, but having a /rejoin command won't work too, after all.
I actually said that I don't agree with adding it if you scroll up xd

HurmitCurtis

Jul 18, 2016
It's a really inventive suggestion, I never thought about this. Though, playing with another version shouldn't be that hard. Furthermore, if a player uses another version, it doesn't mean they will have to switch versions if they want to play other games again. A rejoin command is an effective way to temporarily fix it, but it still doesn't fix the crashing. I altogether really like your suggestion, but on the other hand, it is even easier to change versions. There should be a message in chat saying how to fix the crashing. For example, ''Are you constantly getting kicked out of the game? Try 1.10.2

I like the idea of a message in the chat Scott. i also think if they just stick a wooden sign up above the games in td just temporary until it's fixed would be a quick easy way to get them to change instance to :)

HurmitCurtis

Jul 18, 2016
Also I want to add another disadvantage to being kicked and rejoining apart from the obvious and that is u can be kicked again if u rejoin and that is the towers they placed. If a player leaves the game u can remove the towers, I do this when they go to get the coins from the kills if I'm on my own I leave the back ones if they are ok and just remove the front ones, so they will be rejoining and the towers they placed would of been removed! I did think that if the above suggestion is implemented then maybe they could delay when they could be removed but that would be a nightmare if the person that got kicked miss placed all of the towers they put down. I think having to wait a duration just to remove a stupidly placed ice tower would drive me nuts :)

ItsColorful

Novice Member
Aug 19, 2017
Being able to rejoin the game if they got booted ain't a bad idea but only if they left due to the kick glitch, if it is implemented then the players need to have the same exp/coins that they had before they got kicked. But it could mean once they rejoin they could be kicked again.... The issue is solved if players just played on the 1.10.2 version until they figure out how to fix it, what's more annoying having to change versions and not be kicked or 20 min into a game with a chance to win then get kicked all because changing versions is a pain??? I now the one I choose I consider the latter a bigger pain tbh
As my Q&A section mentions, people still seem to crash even on 1.10.2.

Also I want to add another disadvantage to being kicked and rejoining apart from the obvious and that is u can be kicked again if u rejoin and that is the towers they placed. If a player leaves the game u can remove the towers, I do this when they go to get the coins from the kills if I'm on my own I leave the back ones if they are ok and just remove the front ones, so they will be rejoining and the towers they placed would of been removed! I did think that if the above suggestion is implemented then maybe they could delay when they could be removed but that would be a nightmare if the person that got kicked miss placed all of the towers they put down. I think having to wait a duration just to remove a stupidly placed ice tower would drive me nuts :)

Simple fix, when a person leaves/crashes unexpectedly their towers could not be sold for 30-45 seconds. Once they rejoin within that period, the timer goes off. If they don't rejoin within the timeframe anyone can sell them.

Members Online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
hbd
Kazwa wrote on camulos's profile.
happy birthday!
Windwardglue105 wrote on savina875's profile.
Thanks for the follow
Matriox wrote on Basketman's profile.
basketman

this you?

1714261124344.png
Capitan wrote on Otherworld's profile.
♥️
Top Bottom