Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Real mittu47

Oct 30, 2021
Mars, you'll never catch me.
In my opinion, making a game accessible to all players as much as possible is more important than competitive statistics. When players are experiencing disconnection issues that prevent them from finishing a game, they are likely to become frustrated and potentially quit the server. If someone disconnects and gets a death added to their stats, they probably won’t even notice, and I doubt they would quit the server over such a small thing.
Not implementing this because not everyone could join back within a certain amount of time is a bad reason to not implement it at all. It would be better if at least some players could join back, and we shouldn’t prevent them from rejoining just because a few players aren’t able to. I think that the majority of players would be able to join back within a reasonable amount of time.
I also think it is a bad idea to not implement this because of speedrunners. Intentionally preventing players from rejoining their game just so speedrunners can rely on disconnects to achieve faster times seems like the incorrect thing to prioritize, and doesn’t sound like a fun or accessible meta for speedrunners either. This would favor players who are less prone to disconnections, giving them a competitive advantage over speedrunners who are more susceptible to these disconnects, so I think implementing this would make speedrunning more accessible if anything.
i agree with some of your points you've made like death still counts if they disconnect or if it was in last hit by someone and they disconnect, then final kill is theirs

iikovu

Novice Member
Sep 15, 2022
Pronouns
He/Him
if player logs off, their stuff gets dropped,
Seeing as you don't get items after killing another player right now, I don't think they would add this feature if the command was added. I believe they would continue to give emeralds instead.

Real mittu47

Oct 30, 2021
On an iPad, it is very rare for you to close the game on accident. The most common way I accidentally close the game is when I try to take a screenshot for a report, which requires pressing the power button and volume button a once, the former causing your IPad to close if you press it first.
There is a feature on ios, not sure which but im in ios 16, theres a way to take screenshot by swiping left bottom corner, or you can set a way assistive touch can screenshot

Real mittu47

Oct 30, 2021
I don’t think this should be added BECAUSE if I’m in a game of Eggwars (not that anyone plays it) and I think that there is just one team left on the other side of the map I will go there to try to kill them and then the person that disconnected will rejoin on my side of the map and get my egg :(
which is why to prevent this to be exploited, once person rejoins, there will stil be a cooldown like 20 seconds until to respawn, or 10 seconds, it does take some time joining back so this can help you get their egg

Real mittu47

Oct 30, 2021
Its great that you guys have found potential abuses for this feature, i believe if its implemented in right way like if person disconnects, rejoining back will activate a cooldown but also take longer to respawn like atleast 10-20 seconds

this feature most likely wont be abused since it takes time to leave, rejoin back

posingwater

Novice Member
Jun 18, 2021
The reasons why I disagreed with this is because:
  • the death glitch is not a permanent thing, as well as chunks not loading. They are bugs.  probably
  • and because I see this getting abused a lot.
and why I say this is because, a lot of players would abuse this to avoid dying. For example, I chasing someone with an egg and im close to killing them, all they would do is /hub and /rejoin to avoid getting killed by me and also receiving a death in their statistics (I don't think disconnecting and reconnecting counts as a death).
ye rn the ppl use /hub just before u get their egg so that you don't get ems. I think cc should code it so that the last player to deal damage to the person before they leave should get the final kill credit and ems (even if they leave before their egg gets destroyed). Also, disconnecting does count as a death (FFA counts it as a death). I doubt it will get abused much if the feature I mentioned is applied

• Disagree
Reactions: WorriedSkate940

posingwater

Novice Member
Jun 18, 2021
I don’t think this should be added BECAUSE if I’m in a game of Eggwars (not that anyone plays it) and I think that there is just one team left on the other side of the map I will go there to try to kill them and then the person that disconnected will rejoin on my side of the map and get my egg :(
after rejoining, they would respawn at their base. Not where they were before they got disconnected

JustNathie

♡ Moderator ♡
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Jul 15, 2022
Out of this world 🪐
ye rn the ppl use /hub just before u get their egg so that you don't get ems. I think cc should code it so that the last player to deal damage to the person before they leave should get the final kill credit and ems (even if they leave before their egg gets destroyed). Also, disconnecting does count as a death (FFA counts it as a death). I doubt it will get abused much if the feature I mentioned is applied
I meant in hypixel it doesn't count as a death. That's why it's bannable to use it in an unintended way because its an advantage when it comes to escaping death and is quicker than voiding.

WiggedWigg

Aug 2, 2021
België
youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
I don't think that would be a solution at all for players that genuinely get disconnected because now they get a death they wouldn't have gotten (possibly) the entire game. And the time limit does sound like a solution but remember, not everyone has the best wifi and/or device and can take up a while to join back after getting disconnected.

Another thing, SPEEDRUNNERS!!!
Speedrunners hate this until they get disconnected

posingwater

Novice Member
Jun 18, 2021
I meant in hypixel it doesn't count as a death. That's why it's bannable to use it in an unintended way because its an advantage when it comes to escaping death and is quicker than voiding.
they fixed it in hypixel by making the respawn time when you rejoin to 10 seconds. And I think disconnecting does count as a death, as the person who hit u last would get kill credit when you leave

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Desiderata wrote on Centuria's profile.
congrats on being able to drive a car

should've said it here instead of posting it on the fhg topic :(
will you guys still love me if chapter 4 turns out to be shorter and more underwhelming
Xi1m wrote on Casualpoalrbear's profile.
if u havent kept up with the jjk leaks then dont watch
but if you want spoilers well…
Eli wrote on FxVoidz's profile.
Happy Birthday!!!
Eli wrote on ImSatisfied's profile.
Happy Birthday!!!
Top Bottom