Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Do you think that Tower Defence is balanced?

• Yes completely

• Yes but not through-out the whole game (Explain)

• Sometimes (Explain)

• 100% no! (Please explain your reasons)

Results are only viewable after voting.

MoonSH1NE

May 29, 2019
I'm not satisfied with the late game in tower defense
because both the teams have really good defense often and it's hard to reach the other team's castle
It feels like spending much time doing nothing and just waiting for the time limit to run out maybe make
the mobs harder to kill.
If you could add that you also could add weak, normal, strong mobs as a voting option for ranks
and give the mobs more health and damage depending on what is voted for.

Sometimes some players place the towers wrong so they take up more space than they should
so I think it would be a more fun game if you aren't able to place them wrong and instead only
place them correctly.
For example, you have 3x3 you can only place the tower in the middle on the platform

I think it would be also really fun if you could add 1v1 2v2 so you could play with someone you know.
Most times I play there are often fights about where you should place the towers so it would be
fun to play a game that is sized for a small party that knows each other well.

Andrew910

Novice Member
Jan 13, 2017
Tower Defense is one of my favorite games on CubeCraft, but I do think there are quite a lot of things that need fixing.

These are some ideas that I have already seen posted:
  • Giants need to be buffed
  • Skeletons in higher levels need to be nerfed
  • Towers can't be placed incorrectly
  • You can select a path on someones tower if they don't have any of the paths unlocked
  • When you place down a tower, you have to imediately select a path for it
These are some of my own suggestions:
  • You can't place mages within a certain distence of each other just like ice towers which can not only prevent people from placing them too close together but can also avoid that awkward situation when two people place down a mage at the beginning of the game.
  • I think that some maps don't have enough 5x5 slots. One map thats like a western theme (I don't know the name) has only nine 5x5 slots with one needed for a leach tower meaning that you only get to have eight slots for necromancers and turrets combined (or four for each type if you divide them evenly). There are also some maps that could do with 5x5 slots closer to the beginning for leach towers.

Reactions: barisart

barisart

Jun 13, 2019
Yes i think the game is really unballanced right now, if you have double income its basically unposiible to defeat your enemy

Dorek1998

Novice Member
Dec 17, 2017
My suggestions:
#1 Make creepers tougher;
#2 Make pigmen cheaper but less vital (to make them viable in quick offenses, because right now they're sort of... useless because of Wither skeletons);
#3 Make witches heal other troops faster every level;
#4 Buff Giants. Definitely;
#5 Make Endermites more resistant to mages;
#6 Improve Sorcerers on path 2.

For all the detail on how would I suggest making all of those 6 things happen, visit this thread:
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/all-the-viable-improvements-tweaks-once-again.220078/

And this is one of the concepts I had in mind, which would make Tower Defence a greater game, especially because players would have proper conditions to learn it:
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/introducing-the-concept-tower-labs.219464/

YNDIDON

Mar 6, 2016
Slovakia
I think that balanced troops would help a lot. Some of troops are so weak that there is no reason to send them. For example, expensive creepers which can be killed with one or two cheap infernos. Another case - endermites. They used to be much stronger, now it is just waste of exp. This affects the variability of attacks as there are only few usable troops (limiting good flying troops only to blazes).
It would be also nice if towers could be placed only into squares where they belong.
I think Hurmit mentioned this before, cooldown should depend on how many players are in team.
Im sure there is more to be fixed, but this is a good place to start. :)

Reactions: Matriox

YNDIDON

Mar 6, 2016
Slovakia
I mean that when there are unbalanced teams (lets say one team has 6 players and second team has only 2 players because rest of team left the game), the team with less players should have slightly shorter gaps between throwing potions. But I dont know how would it work, it just seems right to me.. :)

Odieuse

May 14, 2016
Delft
Please make it so that when you go to place a tower on an outside block-
661jRff.png

It automatically centers the tower to where it should be, to avoid placement errors.
JZ0ELI5.png
Yes that should 100% be added. Good one ^_^

barisart

Jun 13, 2019
And people who arent familiar with towrdenfecen cant upgrade their towers, and we cant either. Thatsreally annoying for double income etc,

Reactions: YNDIDON

Gapples_

Apr 23, 2017
CHerNobyl
Tower defense is a fun game that allows you to test new strategies. Lately it has become more stressful and a pain to play due to the increase of inexperienced players. When someone places their tower uncentered or in the wrong tower spot (3X3 v.s 5X5) I tell them the unspoken rules of tower placement. Well sometimes they listen or sometimes (most of the time) they don't. The main reasons are language barriers, claims of not seeing the chat, or just being nasty (Ego won't let them be corrected). A solution to this is add a plug-in that centers towers OR make people watch a tutorial before being able to join their fist game (a lot of serves have that).

Problems lead to more Problems. Do to the rise of inexperienced players, people that make it unto themselves to fix that. This led to more fights and MY "FAVORITE" claimers.

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
I didn't read through all the other suggestions that were posted before my suggestions, so it might be possible that I 'steal' suggestions from someone else. If that happens, I'm sorry for that, but I won't delete them, because, after all, we all want a nice Tower Defense update, right?

Mobs
There are a lot of unbalanced mobs. Some need to be buffed, some need to be nerfed. Here I will explain which mobs need to be buffed/nerfed. (Clarification: Buffing a mob means making a mob stronger, nerfing a mob means making a mob weaker.)
  • The Skeleton needs to be nerfed. The damage it deals to the towers and its speed is okay, but it has too much HP. Right now, when the enemy starts spamming skeletons at the start of the game, there's no way to stop them. Mages? They are invulnerable from level 4. Turrets or AoE potions? Forget about it. TNT and archer towers seem to be the only possible way to stop them. But TNT and archer towers are quite expensive, especially at the start of a game.
  • Buff Creepers. I remember that, when I first started to play the game (just after it was released on this server), creepers were the meta. They had a lot of HP and despite being slow, they could regenerate so their speed wouldn't really matter. But right now, I consider creepers the worst mobs of the game. They are very expensive (300 coins) which makes them pricey to buy at the start of a game. But at the middle/end of a game, they become useless because they don't deliver enough experience to upgrade your goldmines/troops (45-66 exp), and because they don't have enough HP to actually deal damage to the castle. Its speed is fine, but its HP should be buffed just a little and the damage it deals should be multiplied by 1,5. I mean, we're talking about creepers that explode everything that stands in their way, instead of cute little kittens that accidentally scratch you every now and then, right?
  • The Giant should also be buffed. It is extremely expensive and it should be the 'strongest troop', and yes, it has the most HP and deals the most damage, but if you have a decent defense (think about a lot of Sorcerers, some rows of Archers and TNT towers, etc.), this mob will never reach your castle, if not maxed out, which is almost impossible. The giant should be a little faster, it should not have more HP and it should not deal extra damage, but since it's very underpowered for such a high price, it should be buffed in some way. And I thought of a way on how to buff this huge zombie! Every tower should deal less damage to a Giant, so its HP wouldn't be affected, but it would be a lot stronger. The zombies it spawns after its death should also become stronger. Maybe you could add more HP and speed to the zombies so that they aren't completely useless. Conclusion: Endgames take too much time and Giants should be the deciders of the game, and currently, that's certainly not the case.
  • You should also buff the Silverfish. It currently is so weak that nobody uses it. It has no use other than being a small distraction in the beginning of the game. It does not give you a lot of experience (18-22 exp), it only has 180 HP (at level 1) and it deals only 1 damage (at level 1). It isn't fast, since its speed is 1.6, which is an average, normal speed when it comes to the speed of tower defense mobs. Although it is able to fly, this mob is just too weak. Either remove it or buff it, but please don't let it stay the same.

Towers
Some towers are fine (in my eyes), but some are a little unbalanced. Here I will mention what needs to be changed.
  • The first path of the Zeus tower needs to be buffed a little. I don't think anyone uses that path because the lightning bolts are just not strong enough. If you name a tower the 'Zeus tower' and make it pretty expensive (1000 coins), people expect it to do awesome things. And if you think of lightning you think about a strong bolt that kills everything on its way to the ground. But currently, the lightning bolts it produces just tickle the mobs they hit.
  • The Ice tower is a little underpowered in my eyes. I think it should slow down and stun the mobs more, because it should actually freeze the mobs. And the ice damage it deals at level 4 should also increase, because although the tower is cheap, it should be a lot stronger.
  • The Archer tower is too strong against every mob. Both of its paths need to be nerfed a little, because full waves of blazes, giants, any troop you could imagine, get taken down. It's just a matter of seconds, even in the endgame. In my opinion, its price is fine but it should be just a little bit weaker.

Other must-haves
  • Although I haven't read every suggestion here, I did read Story's suggestion about people placing towers in the wrong spots, and I personally think his suggestion must be added. It is so annoying that every time when you join a game, someone who doesn't understand the game or a troller is on your team and ruins your game by placing towers in the wrong spots. And in the worst case he or she can't speak English, so warning or correcting them is impossible. I know you can report people for this but preventing something is always better than letting others suffer because of these players. So please make players unable to place 3x3 towers in 5x5 spots.
  • I think we should be able to share experience with our teammates. I oftenly have tons of experience and don't know what to do with it, while others could use to in order to upgrade their mobs or purchase AoE potions. I think the 'old' sharing command (to share coins) should become /share coins {player} {amount} and the 'new' command (to share experience) should be /share experience {player} {amount}.
  • The armageddon modes should be more threatening. The lightning armageddon mode is just completely useless, because the wither mode also destroys towers with its skulls and it even deals damage to the castle. (And it is a great tank) The horde mode is also very weak because it doesn't spawn strong mobs; if you join a game with double income and the horde armageddon, you don't expect to get 2 level 3 Giants against you if the information states that the mode will spawn very strong mobs. So, maybe the horde could stay the same in the normal pricing modes (so without double income), but when double income gets selected, the mobs become stronger, so it would become a real threat to your castle. Conclusion: The wither mode is moderate, the lightning mode needs to be either replaced or buffed, and the horde mode should be buffed a little in the normal pricing games, and it should spawn stronger mobs in the games with double income selected.

I hope you'll do something with my suggestions!

Reactions: Hoshi

Snivy Films

Jun 3, 2016
[Location Unknown]
@BattleZoneLover01 It doesn't really matter that you repeat things that other people said already, because I believe that even if it is the same things over and over, it is great because it shows your opinion on the matter, and gives your opinion to how to adjust the problems,

Reactions: remio

Dec 10, 2017
Buff giants and nerf wither skeletons. Giants really need more damage and health while wither skeletons need to deal less damage. Basically every game is just wither skeletons.

Reactions: Snivy Films

xImCrimson

Jun 27, 2016
Tennessee, USA
Pls add a video tutorial,the old tutorial was boring and hard to understand at first,a video tutorial could make it less boring and(if it's good) more understandable.

The tutorial could be link to a book in the tower defense NPC menu.

I'm very happy to see threads like this from staff asking for feedback or suggestions.

Btw:first
I think this would be huge, so many people spam low level towers and dont know how to send basic mobs. I think a huge thing to add would be boundries for tower placements, like where you have to place a 5x5 in a 5x5 and a 3x3 in one of the 3x3 squares.

xImCrimson

Jun 27, 2016
Tennessee, USA
Buff giants and nerf wither skeletons. Giants really need more damage and health while wither skeletons need to deal less damage. Basically every game is just wither skeletons.
Absolutely! Wither skeletons are almost impossible to stop on some maps, even with the correct stun tnt/ice/quake combination. I think a nerf to movement speed would sufficiently nerf skeletons.

Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on TheOrderOfSapphire's profile.
hi pookie :3
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Clovate's profile.
Heya cool person!:D
Xi1m wrote on Frontlane's profile.
genius idea frontland
IMG_8850.jpeg
GiGaGekkies wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congratulations...
GiGaGekkies wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congratulations!
Top Bottom