Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Is zis idea gud?

• Total voters

Dorek1998

Novice Member
Dec 17, 2017
Sup.
As thread name suggests, this topic will be about Tower Defence and our beloved iconic Minecraft character - Creeper. As you know, Creepers are one of ten troops which can be sent to destroy enemy castle. Unfortunately, they're very, VERY weak, compared to other troops like Skeletons on level 4-5, which are immune to fire and that also means they're entirely resistant against inferno AoE. Creepers on level 5 have huge, tanky, charged 1,8K Health... but what's the point of bothering sending them when a person having at least three brain cells and an hour of playing this game can just wipe them out easily with two-three inferno potions? Small hint - NO point at all.

So what this thread is, is my suggestion of buffing those tanks a little to make them at least, well... useful. I've tried to think of it the way it actually's correct with their theme in Tower Defence, which I found in this thread: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/tower-defence-mob-information.97102/ - "Creepers don't explode in this game. They instead focus their energy on staying alive by gaining permanent regeneration and lots of health to back it up. A key strategy is not to let this mob regenerate health so a mixture of heavy DPS towers are recomended to cancel out the regeneration."

Alright, their main strength is regeneration, right? So what about making Creepers restore their health passively (which is the only thing they actually do right now) BUT ALSO do that faster, the more damage they take? By that I mean, the smaller their remaining HP is, the faster they regenerate health. It'd force players to work on something which has a LOT of firepower in order to stop this, but the regen's gotta be powerful enough for them to survive when being attacked by single Inferno AoE. So instead of just 2-3 Infernos players would have to use way more of them in order to stop Creepers from heavy regenerating. Oh, and a good thing is, Inferno AoE lava damage STACKS, so that'll encourage players to work in a team more in order to melt Creepers. Besides, creepers are above twice more expensive than Wither Skeletons so they HAVE TO be stronger. Blazes are very expensive and not seem to be super strong, but they're flying troops with only a few towers being able to damage them, they're also fast compared to other troops, because immune to quake towers. Not only that, but the most viable air defences are ridiculously expensive, compared to Artillery which does their job only on the ground. Creepers staying with such price will be balanced, but will require players to be smart, as the entire game does actually.

Let me make an example of facing a wave of 12 charged Creepers (lv 5.) Right now, two or three well thrown Inferno potions can vaporize them like... A sun would treat any living matter near or inside it. My suggestion would give creepers a chance to resist throught multiple inferno potions and having their HP regained faster, the less they have it, so (counter version for a single player) the towers would work together with a single inferno potion active in order to finish them off OR (counter version for 2 or more players) just... throw multiple inferno potions at the same time, You know. Of course lower level creepers would be getting slower regeneration.

I hope that makes sense and will be one day implemented. Creepers are very slow, slower than anything else besides a Giant and Mother (starting) Magma Cubes, they deserve some strength too. Make their regeneration they REAL power, not just a trait.

P.S. Here's the suggestion of the pattern for Creepers level 5:
#1 100-80% health - 10 HP/sec
#2 80-60% HP - 20 HP/sec
#3 60%-40% HP - 40 HP/sec
#4 40%-20% HP - 60 HP/sec
#5 20%-DED - 80 HP/sec
This is of course a thing to discuss. The reason why I think 80 HP/sec regen isn't gonna be overpowered... is because Inferno potions do nearly 100HP/s already, and combining it with other towers (especially artilleries, jeez... this is devastating) and other players using infernos - creeper will still die quite easily, but not as easily as they die now.

God.

Apr 29, 2017
Hell
As long as the creepers does not recover more life per second than a critic wooden sword can do I agree,creepers are very useless

Dorek1998

Novice Member
Dec 17, 2017
Yeah... I guess this thread won't really receive much attention. Apparently interest in TD is a lot smaller than I expected. There's one of two options I see now:
#1 Move this thread to actual Tower Defence based category, where it for sure will get more people involved,
#2 Remove it entirely.
However, if there's any way I could receive some attention in this topic, or anyone having some great solutions for my current issue, I would love to be spoken to.

Chitter

Novice Member
Sep 29, 2017
Im not gonna lie, td is one of the few games that cubecraft has that can’t be found anywhere else. Well at least not that I know of

Er3bos

Dec 4, 2015
Sup.
As thread name suggests, this topic will be about Tower Defence and our beloved iconic Minecraft character - Creeper. As you know, Creepers are one of ten troops which can be sent to destroy enemy castle. Unfortunately, they're very, VERY weak, compared to other troops like Skeletons on level 4-5, which are immune to fire and that also means they're entirely resistant against inferno AoE. Creepers on level 5 have huge, tanky, charged 1,8K Health... but what's the point of bothering sending them when a person having at least three brain cells and an hour of playing this game can just wipe them out easily with two-three inferno potions? Small hint - NO point at all.

So what this thread is, is my suggestion of buffing those tanks a little to make them at least, well... useful. I've tried to think of it the way it actually's correct with their theme in Tower Defence, which I found in this thread: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/tower-defence-mob-information.97102/ - "Creepers don't explode in this game. They instead focus their energy on staying alive by gaining permanent regeneration and lots of health to back it up. A key strategy is not to let this mob regenerate health so a mixture of heavy DPS towers are recomended to cancel out the regeneration."

Alright, their main strength is regeneration, right? So what about making Creepers restore their health passively (which is the only thing they actually do right now) BUT ALSO do that faster, the more damage they take? By that I mean, the smaller their remaining HP is, the faster they regenerate health. It'd force players to work on something which has a LOT of firepower in order to stop this, but the regen's gotta be powerful enough for them to survive when being attacked by single Inferno AoE. So instead of just 2-3 Infernos players would have to use way more of them in order to stop Creepers from heavy regenerating. Oh, and a good thing is, Inferno AoE lava damage STACKS, so that'll encourage players to work in a team more in order to melt Creepers. Besides, creepers are above twice more expensive than Wither Skeletons so they HAVE TO be stronger. Blazes are very expensive and not seem to be super strong, but they're flying troops with only a few towers being able to damage them, they're also fast compared to other troops, because immune to quake towers. Not only that, but the most viable air defences are ridiculously expensive, compared to Artillery which does their job only on the ground. Creepers staying with such price will be balanced, but will require players to be smart, as the entire game does actually.

Let me make an example of facing a wave of 12 charged Creepers (lv 5.) Right now, two or three well thrown Inferno potions can vaporize them like... A sun would treat any living matter near or inside it. My suggestion would give creepers a chance to resist throught multiple inferno potions and having their HP regained faster, the less they have it, so (counter version for a single player) the towers would work together with a single inferno potion active in order to finish them off OR (counter version for 2 or more players) just... throw multiple inferno potions at the same time, You know. Of course lower level creepers would be getting slower regeneration.

I hope that makes sense and will be one day implemented. Creepers are very slow, slower than anything else besides a Giant and Mother (starting) Magma Cubes, they deserve some strength too. Make their regeneration they REAL power, not just a trait.

P.S. Here's the suggestion of the pattern for Creepers level 5:
#1 100-80% health - 10 HP/sec
#2 80-60% HP - 20 HP/sec
#3 60%-40% HP - 40 HP/sec
#4 40%-20% HP - 60 HP/sec
#5 20%-DED - 80 HP/sec
This is of course a thing to discuss. The reason why I think 80 HP/sec regen isn't gonna be overpowered... is because Inferno potions do nearly 100HP/s already, and combining it with other towers (especially artilleries, jeez... this is devastating) and other players using infernos - creeper will still die quite easily, but not as easily as they die now.
The creepers are so usseles dude

Dorek1998

Novice Member
Dec 17, 2017
I always feel a huge pity when someone sends 12 charged creepers in a single wave... Like, everybody knows how this is going to end - very sadly and most likely with fire. If this thread doesn't work out enough attention, I will make a new one with an inclusion of Zombie Pigmen and Giants, because they fly slightly under the radar too, and I even might have an idea on solving their issues.

Reactions: God.
Members Online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I got my first 20k kills in FFA!:D
20 000 kills in ffa picture 2.png
Reesle wrote on Maxminedigger's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈🧁
Livvv wrote on Maxminedigger's profile.
GRATTIS MAXI TAXIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!💕🎉🙌
JokeKaedee wrote on yousif1playz's profile.
Happy birthday c:
JokeKaedee wrote on Maxminedigger's profile.
Happy birthday!! 🍰
Top Bottom