• Yes

Votes: 18 54.5%
  • No

Votes: 15 45.5%

• Total voters

SpankMeSanta

Dedicated Member
Nov 12, 2016
A lot of people are asking for /nick for obsidian ranks but I think people could abuse that
I think a better way to stop obsidian ranks getting targetted is to add a command, named something on the lines of /togglerank, which you could execute in a lobby.
It would simply change your IGN from being purple to being dark grey (making it look like you're a stone rank so people won'y target you based on obby rank anymore). Would also change your name in chat from appearing like an obby rank to a stone rank.
This should only change your IGN colour/rank in games and in pre-game lobbies, NOT in main lobbies because then if they used their /fly perks, a lot of false confusing reports would happen. (Not an issue in pre-game lobbies because you can't use cosmetics in there anyway).

Instead of announcing WHO voted (eg "pvpkiller_GM69 voted for Overpowered Mode!"), it should just say something like "1 vote for Overpowered mode!". That way the voter is still anonymous and won't get targetted.

I think its a good idea, better than /nick, wbu?

Jef15ist

Dedicated Member
Jun 7, 2016
India
This is a great idea! But I doubt the exclusivity to the Obisidian rank. Other ranks too get targeted so it might seem like the server is encouraging you to buy a better rank.

SpankMeSanta

Dedicated Member
Nov 12, 2016
This is a great idea! But I doubt the exclusivity to the Obisidian rank. Other ranks too get targeted so it might seem like the server is encouraging you to buy a better rank.
I know bro.
I see staff like tacosbefriend spamming the /nick suggestion threads with condescending comments such as "pathetic little kids. only staff ranks like ME and youtubers get targetted, obsidians DO NOT get targetted because of their rank". He refuses to believe people get targetted because they are ranked/highly ranked for some reason. Maybe he hates the players, but he is deffo wrong bro. i think maybe he just wants to pretend his life is harder than it is or something idk man, hopefully he sorts his life out

Reactions: Shrek Trained Me

Livvv

Pineapplerator - Daily Quotes
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Mar 27, 2017
Swedish noodles
What I have seen, pretty much everyone with rank get targetted more or less.
I think your suggestion is great, having an option to toggle it would be nice if you know that you get targetted a lot or if you just don't want to show your rank.

Would also be nice if it just said that someone voted for it and not who did it, feels like people hate that person too much then just because they don't enjoy what the person voted for.

Reactions: SpankMeSanta

S4nne

Sr. Moderator
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
Jun 19, 2017
The Netherlands
Pronouns
She/Her
I'm against this, for the same reason as why I think /nick is a bad idea. You are the one who chose to buy that rank. You can expect that you're getting targeted when you are a ranker. It's your own choise. So I don't think this is a good idea.

SpankMeSanta

Dedicated Member
Nov 12, 2016
I'm against this, for the same reason as why I think /nick is a bad idea. You are the one who chose to buy that rank. You can expect that you're getting targeted when you are a ranker. It's your own choise. So I don't think this is a good idea.
So you are saying people deserve to be PUNISHED for spending £140? Very strange opinion.

G

Gamerfull

I really do not agree with this idea, I am 100% sure that most people buy the rank to see their Tag of a certain color and to vote overpowered, plus if they add this it will cause a lot of confusion among the people, I really I think the ranks do not suffer so much harassment as to change the color of the range.

SpankMeSanta

Dedicated Member
Nov 12, 2016
I really do not agree with this idea, I am 100% sure that most people buy the rank to see their Tag of a certain color and to vote overpowered, plus if they add this it will cause a lot of confusion among the people, I really I think the ranks do not suffer so much harassment as to change the color of the range.
Bro that's why I suggested it as toggle-able command. If you want to show off your rank and show people what you vote for you can just toggle it off with 1 command. If you don't you can toggle it on with 1 command.

What confusion would it cause?

And maybe YOU personally don't think you get targetted etc but at least show some sympathy for others who do by at least supporting this TOGGLE-ABLE idea?

Remember bro, this would be OPTIONAL, so I don't understand any of your points apart from maybe the "confusion" one, but you didn't give any examples so I can't even understand that one bro.

Reactions: FartiliciousMaleGuy

BringMeTheHorizon ♠

Forum Expert
Mar 29, 2017
United Stairs of America
I used to target people who voted for something I hated, or sometimes I see my surroundings in skywars. If both are non ranked, then yolo. If there's a ranked guy somewhere near me, I'd go for them first. Soooooo you could say I'm visual proof.
@SpankMeSanta for once, I agree with you. I'm stone and don't care, but I do know that some people do get targeted for having a rank. Or for voting for something that probably everyone absolutely hates. I don't fully agree with making yourself look like stone, because it can cause confusion, when you see someone with emerald rank, then join a game and see they're stone, that's the confusion, but it's not really fatal I guess, also the idea that, let's say 5 people voted in one game of skywars yet there are only 2 ranked players, like wut? WHAT'S GOING ON????

Honestly, I say just make everyone have a specific color (let's just say every name on the tab list would have only one color, can't think of one that doesn't match a rank on cubecraft,) that would make every ranked player "hidden," the same way you see colors on the tab list when the game has already started. Honestly, if you don't wanna try targeted in that case, just don't chat. I still really agree on anonymously voting, though.

Or, you know how in team skywars and eggwars, your rank doesn't even show when you chat in any chats? Your color is like, gray, without any tags before it. How about that as well?

Reactions: SpankMeSanta

Fliqa

Forum Expert
Mar 13, 2017
Belgium
Agreed!

SpankMeSanta

Dedicated Member
Nov 12, 2016
I used to target people who voted for something I hated, or sometimes I see my surroundings in skywars. If both are non ranked, then yolo. If there's a ranked guy somewhere near me, I'd go for them first. Soooooo you could say I'm visual proof.
@SpankMeSanta for once, I agree with you. I'm stone and don't care, but I do know that some people do get targeted for having a rank. Or for voting for something that probably everyone absolutely hates. I don't fully agree with making yourself look like stone, because it can cause confusion, when you see someone with emerald rank, then join a game and see they're stone, that's the confusion, but it's not really fatal I guess, also the idea that, let's say 5 people voted in one game of skywars yet there are only 2 ranked players, like wut? WHAT'S GOING ON????

Honestly, I say just make everyone have a specific color (let's just say every name on the tab list would have only one color, can't think of one that doesn't match a rank on cubecraft,) that would make every ranked player "hidden," the same way you see colors on the tab list when the game has already started. Honestly, if you don't wanna try targeted in that case, just don't chat. I still really agree on anonymously voting, though.

Or, you know how in team skywars and eggwars, your rank doesn't even show when you chat in any chats? Your color is like, gray, without any tags before it. How about that as well?
Your ideas are OK but I don't think tab list should all be one colour because some people have complained here that they want to be noticed or show off their rank or something. That is why I think my idea is a bit better, because it would give people the option.
Also people still get targetted in team eggwars anyway. Let me give you an example: in the eggwars pre-game lobby, people will see someone with a rank in the tablist, then when the game starts they'll say to their team "target RankedGuy", and sometimes more than 1 team would do it too, this then results in the poor ranked players getting cross teamed on etc, and its very hard to expose cross teamers these days.

It is also very annoying when people pretend rank targetting doesn't exist. In fact it actually encourages players to hack. Let me explain. A player keeps playing eggwars games, but every game people always target them because of their coloured name in tab. This gets the player frustrated, so they decide to go online and get some cheap alts to play with instead, because even though they can't vote on these accounts etc, at least they can play in peace without teams targetting them. Then after a while they're just gonna be like "damn, this is quite nice being anonymous actually, I wonder what else I can do with these alts", and thus the hacking begins.
You'll think I'm lying but trust me this happens. This was the reason I hacked, mastanub started hacking, xjew started hacking and why a whole legion of other players that I won't namestarted to hack too. So I actually find it funny when players pretend targetting doesn't exist just because they are lucky not to have experienced it

You are right about some players getting confused in game if they only see 2 coloured names in tab but there are 5 votes, but I think after a brief adjustment period, people will know what's going on. The positives definitely outweigh the negatives.

ImJunior

Forum Expert
Jun 30, 2016
Belgium
www.cubecraft.net
I don't know if I am wrong, but I never see someone with a rank get target. I could be mistaken, or maybe I am blind :p

precisi0n

Aug 2, 2017
Well this suggestion is long a thing on the server I am from (HiveMC) so yeah, would be a nice feature on Cubecraft too.

S4nne

Sr. Moderator
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
Jun 19, 2017
The Netherlands
Pronouns
She/Her
I don't know if I am wrong, but I never see someone with a rank get target. I could be mistaken, or maybe I am blind :p
Rankers are more often recognized. If you play a lot, people will know your name and sometimes they target you because they know you're good or something, don't know.

S4nne

Sr. Moderator
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
Jun 19, 2017
The Netherlands
Pronouns
She/Her
So you are saying people deserve to be PUNISHED for spending £140? Very strange opinion.
This has nothing to do with getting punished. I'm saying that people with a rank are more recognized because of their rank, but it's your own choise to buy that rank. So if you don't want this, don't buy a rank.

BringMeTheHorizon ♠

Forum Expert
Mar 29, 2017
United Stairs of America
This has nothing to do with getting punished. I'm saying that people with a rank are more recognized because of their rank, but it's your own choise to buy that rank. So if you don't want this, don't buy a rank.
People don't buy a rank to get targeted on purpose. They want the perks. So you're basically saying I can't buy gold rank (voting in skywars, eggwars etc yay my dream) because I don't wanna get targeted? Mate, please. Your argument is the following, basically:

-If you buy a rank, you'll get targeted. It's your fault for buying it.

If someone bought a rank, it's because they want to use the perks of the rank, NOT to get targeted. So, can you not?

Reactions: Earth

S4nne

Sr. Moderator
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
Jun 19, 2017
The Netherlands
Pronouns
She/Her
People don't buy a rank to get targeted on purpose. They want the perks. So you're basically saying I can't buy gold rank (voting in skywars, eggwars etc yay my dream) because I don't wanna get targeted? Mate, please. Your argument is the following, basically:

-If you buy a rank, you'll get targeted. It's your fault for buying it.

If someone bought a rank, it's because they want to use the perks of the rank, NOT to get targeted. So, can you not?
I agree with you, players buy a rank for the perks, that's right. But beside that, you can expect targetting. That's what I meant;)

BringMeTheHorizon ♠

Forum Expert
Mar 29, 2017
United Stairs of America
I agree with you, players buy a rank for the perks, that's right. But beside that, you can expect targetting. That's what I meant;)
Yes. You can expect it. But it doesn't mean it's your fault, because you bought the rank you're not allowed to complain about being targeted. It's almost like saying it's your fault because you applied for helper rank. That's not how it works. You pay for the perks, others target you because they're just annoying, you bought the rank solely for the perks, which is why I do agree with OP about this suggestion. You don't wanna be targeted but you want perks. Stop saying it's their fault for buying the rank.

Reactions: Gatsbe

S4nne

Sr. Moderator
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
Jun 19, 2017
The Netherlands
Pronouns
She/Her
Yes. You can expect it. But it doesn't mean it's your fault, because you bought the rank you're not allowed to complain about being targeted. It's almost like saying it's your fault because you applied for helper rank. That's not how it works. You pay for the perks, others target you because they're just annoying, you bought the rank solely for the perks, which is why I do agree with OP about this suggestion. You don't wanna be targeted but you want perks. Stop saying it's their fault for buying the rank.
I'm not going to discuss about this, everyone has his own opinion and that's OK, right?:)

BringMeTheHorizon ♠

Forum Expert
Mar 29, 2017
United Stairs of America
I'm not going to discuss about this, everyone has his own opinion and that's OK, right?:)
There is quite a difference between opinions and facts. You're saying your own opinion, I'm just saying facts. Opinions suck, they're just an alternative for not having actual facts to work on.

And also, if you have an opinion and refuse to discuss or argue, then your opinion is completely invalid and will be ignored, imo, unless someone defends it for you.

Aside that, your opinion just isn't that great. If someone bought a rank he did it for the perks and to help the server, NOT to be punished. Argue all you want, there's no way you can change my mind, it's just common sense, someone buys a rank for perks and not to be punished and targeted, you're literally saying "Paying for a rank should get you punished by being targeted."

Why do you disagree so much with this thread? It's not gonna hurt you at all, you can toggle it off if it really bothers you this much, it's not the end of the world, and it might help a lot of people.

Last edited:
Reactions: FartiliciousMaleGuy
Members Online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Eli
Did you know... 466 forum usernames contain the word “cube”, 3512 contain the word “craft”, and 683 contain the word “Creeper”.
Livvv wrote on Kloska's profile.
Grattis ankis! ^-^
AnolTongi wrote on Kloska's profile.
Happy birthday Klosk!!!!!
Wishing you a fun weekend 💛
Basketman wrote on Kloska's profile.
Since I know you like these AI images:
Here is one for your Birthday Tim, enjoy this day!
1714740689209.png
Top Bottom