Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Nammed

Novice Member
Mar 6, 2020
Your Imagination
👌Ingame Friendlist
As we all know it is possible to add people as friends on cubecraft with the command: "/ f add (name)", and people will get
notifications when you send someone a friend request / delete / when someone joins / or someone leaves the server / sent a friendship msg / (probably more, but I won't come up now)
🧑‍🔧Toggle Friendlist Command
So I was recently on a call with a few fellow staff members, and we came up with the following idea quite randomly: 'What if there was a command to cancel friend messages like in, msg's and join messages. I think there is already a possibility to cancel fmsg's (friendship's msg's). if I remember correctly. But the whole point is, what if there's a command or a button to cancel that stuff, and you're bound to think. Yes then you don't have to add friends. But some would like to have people in their friendlist, they just don't like to see friendships join messages.
❓How would that work?

I thought of two possibilities, just a button in your ingame settings (the head in your inventory) or if you type the following command: /fm toggle, or /fm disable.

Of course it can be done differently, and there are hundreds of different possibilities to adjust that, but this is what I just came up with.

🗣️How would that effect cubecraft?
It wouldn't really have any effect or anything, but I think several people would benefit from this, including content creators who can spam their screens with friend join messages. And it would not become an obligation in game, but simply an opportunity for the players who might have an interest in this.
Please react with (:agree:) if u think this could be a useful feature
Please react with (:unsure:) if u doubt this could be useful
Please react with (:disagree:) if u think this should definitely not be added
Do not be afraid that this will be added it's not an announcement.
Besides it's still a suggestion, so feel free to say your opinions about it, I'm curious what u guys think of it.

Last edited:

SanCookie

Gameplay Engineer
Team CubeCraft
🖌️ Sr. Designer
Mar 18, 2017
the selfie area
bit.ly
Pronouns
He/Him
I have this suggestion as a small mod addon in the macro mod and it improved the quality of my chat so much, agree!
ii dont think this is neccisary, if you add someone as a friend you want to see when they join, why do people want everything to be toggleable its riddiculous lol
mods doing reports spam my chat more than anything, it can get annoying at times but removing them would be very rude just because they're doing their job

Reactions: Nammed

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
the suggestion isnt just for content creators it just says it would be good for them

this thread asks for once again another toggleable feature the benefit - cleaner chat for a very small amount of the communitee the disadvantage- extremely confusing to new comers

Reactions: 99th_DutchScary

Nammed

Novice Member
Mar 6, 2020
Your Imagination
i dont think this is neccisary, if you add someone as a friend you want to see when they join, why do people want everything to be toggleable its riddiculous lol
imo it would be useful to be able to disable it, It can't do any harm so why not? and if u still want to see your friends join the server u can keep it on enabled.

Nammed

Novice Member
Mar 6, 2020
Your Imagination
Soo content creators don't want to see their friends?
It's more likely to be able to disable join messages or fmsg messages, I think it's kinda useful for both players and content creators.
and most likely for ctc (content creators) bc they are able to disable it if they want while streaming and/or recording.

Members Online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

This is YOUR daily dose of facts #40-
Walt Disney currently holds the most Academy Awards. Till now, Disney won 26 Oscars. Disney is nominated a grand total of 59 times!
Eli wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Thanks for the follow!!!
Eli
"What say you?" said he, the abyss did not respond back.
Playing EggWars moslty on CubeCraft Java.
Top Bottom