Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

guardd

Forum Expert
Dec 14, 2014
Somewhere in Hungary
I read a lot of idea threads every day and something that always is written is how cubecraft is that super original server where everything was build from scratch and nothing is copied.

That's a lie. An example is Eggwars, cubecraft's most popular game, is actually a 99% copy of Gomme's BedWars a big german server that averages the same amount of users as cubecraft. Yet many people still think that Eggwars came first and that all the other games like BedWars are copies. I've seen arguments here about this subject and once and for all, guys ... it's not original.

So are many other games like SkyWars or Survival Games, Hide N Seek or TNT Run. All these games have something in common and it is that they are copied.

But! That's is no problem since everyone is free to steal ideas from othee people's servers and promote them as their own, yeah that may be bad but it's not ilegal!

As said because of that I see many many great ideas getting denied by the community because they are not original, and that is nonsense.

I have seem people deny features like party mode because some other server has them. So please stop that. Most of cubecraft's features aren't even original so if we for a moment, accepted the great ideas and stopped ignoring ideas because they are "copied" from other games then our server would be a lot better.

TLDR

Cubecraft is not an original server and most of it's games are copied so stop hating on features just because an other server has them.

ciwa

Forum Expert
May 7, 2016
The Netherlands.
Finally someone made a thread like this.
I always was like "People are saying that Cubecraft is original, but TnT Run and some other games aren't original too". And reminder for all the Wannabe Staff Member who are going to ask "This is a useless thread @staff lock?" If you are so good then you would already have been a Helper. Thanks for making this thread Guaard, I hope that many wannabes understand and also read the whole thread before commenting random ***. :)

D

Deleted member 169486

By that standard, nothing on many large server is original. What is original on cubecraft however, is what's in the game. On mineplex, their skywars is very different from cubecrafts. Maps on the server are all original. Kits and many other features are original, and so are many other features.

Krealίxx

Novice Member
Nov 27, 2016
Earth
By that standard, nothing on many large server is original. What is original on cubecraft however, is what's in the game. On mineplex, their skywars is very different from cubecrafts. Maps on the server are all original. Kits and many other features are original, and so are many other features.

^ ^ ^ By now, most ideas aren't original anymore. It's what they make of the ideas, such as new features (kits/abilities) and/or maps, etc.

guardd

Forum Expert
Dec 14, 2014
Somewhere in Hungary
Exactly, we can " steal " games but adding the cubecraft touch is what makes then great :)

PoKu_Bllkth

Jul 4, 2016
Venezuela
I read a lot of idea threads every day and something that always is written is how cubecraft is that super original server where everything was build from scratch and nothing is copied.

That's a lie. An example is Eggwars, cubecraft's most popular game, is actually a 99% copy of Gomme's BedWars a big german server that averages the same amount of users as cubecraft. Yet many people still think that Eggwars came first and that all the other games like BedWars are copies. I've seen arguments here about this subject and once and for all, guys ... it's not original.

So are many other games like SkyWars or Survival Games, Hide N Seek or TNT Run. All these games have something in common and it is that they are copied.

But! That's is no problem since everyone is free to steal ideas from othee people's servers and promote them as their own, yeah that may be bad but it's not ilegal!

As said because of that I see many many great ideas getting denied by the community because they are not original, and that is nonsense.

I have seem people deny features like party mode because some other server has them. So please stop that. Most of cubecraft's features aren't even original so if we for a moment, accepted the great ideas and stopped ignoring ideas because they are "copied" from other games then our server would be a lot better.

TLDR

Cubecraft is not an original server and most of it's games are copied so stop hating on features just because an other server has them.

True, but also some things CubeCraft has done is put new features, something that is remarkable, like; "Skywars skill, etc." They have features to play better or offer us more advantages and is an idea that no server has, and in Eggwars, it is true that BedsWars came out first of Eggwars, but CubeCraft changed some things to make it more dynamic. The game is like using an idea, but edit some things that may be good for server players, the only ones that have changed is the "bed" by the "dragon egg" the "generators" are no longer "copper", "Iron" and "gold", which was the most op and that was only got in the middle, and also BlockWars Mode, we can say that it is like Capturing the Wool or Capturing the Flag, but this time edited some things to do it also More Dynamic for the server, ie something that has not been seen elsewhere. Well, after all, that's my opinion.

Thaus

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
In a chicken coop

TLDR

How many of those are in only 2 servers?
Last time I checked, there were at least 2 other servers with one of those games.
Finally someone made a thread like this.
I always was like "People are saying that Cubecraft is original, but TnT Run and some other games aren't original too". And reminder for all the Wannabe Staff Member who are going to ask "This is a useless thread @staff lock?" If you are so good then you would already have been a Helper. Thanks for making this thread Guaard, I hope that many wannabes understand and also read the whole thread before commenting random ***. :)
What is your point? There is really nothing in this thread that's in any use. Tell me: are any maps or kits not original? Are there sole known creators of the games he has mentioned? If you said yes to any of this, give me proof.

None of those games are created by 1 sole server. (IDK about bed wars yet)
The ones that were (such as Evolutions in M3m3pl3x) a have all been rejected.
I'm sure that that's the way they treat things as "original" or not.

Also, how many of those games were 100% the same?
The ones that they suggested were 100% the same as other servers...

Last edited:

agent320

Dedicated Member
Jun 28, 2016
Ehh no. Bedwars was added before that. gommehd was the original server to create the gamemode bedwars which is, a often cloned gamemode. However what you need to take into consideration is this: Practically every server cloned gamemodes, because lets face it, it would be practically impossible to find the server first using a skywars or survival games. Everything that could be done, has been done so servers add a little or in cubecrafts case a large unique aspects that differentiates them from other servers. For exampld. Compare cubecrafts skywars and Hypixels skywars. Its the same concept but the games work differently. The large server have to do these things to stay vianle against their competitors. No server really want to blatanly clone an entire others servers games.

deathspawn

Nov 6, 2016
deathspawn.net
You do know that it's from The chunk and that server merged with CCG right?
The Tower Defense genre is hardly original to Cubecraft through. Started way back on Warcraft 3 and bred into tons of variations from there, some on WC3 like Wintermaul, Legion TD, Liquid TD, Gem TD, Green TD (could go on forever.), and on other platforms like Bloons TD, Anomoly, etc.

Add-in: This is how most game genres work anyways. Platformers, dungeon crawling adventures, racing, etc.

Thaus

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
In a chicken coop
The Tower Defense genre is hardly original to Cubecraft through. Started way back on Warcraft 3 and bred into tons of variations from there, some on WC3 like Wintermaul, Legion TD, Liquid TD, Gem TD, Green TD (could go on forever.), and on other platforms like Bloons TD, Anomoly, etc.

Add-in: This is how most game genres work anyways. Platformers, dungeon crawling adventures, racing, etc.
How many of those were made by a minecraft server before CCG?
In fact, CCG is the only minecraft server with such a game buddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on iTz1Hamood's profile.
Thank you for the follow!:D
as it turns out i get easily distracted by the clickety clack of my old keyboard's switches hence onebof the factors on why i write so slow

i might get the steelseries apex 3 or the tecware phantom+, for now i'll just use my laptop keyboard
86 more wins till Top #3 ✨
I've came so far :)
Hi everyone! How's it going?
just a test to see if my post pops up
(btw today my lil brother's B-Day)
Any greetings 🩵👋🏻?
omg i just logged on today after going somewhere with no cell service and found 108 reaction score!!! this is actually crazy that i reached this already even though i guess it’s not that big a deal but still is in my perspective at the same time! thank you so much for the support!!! :D
Top Bottom