Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

guardd

Forum Expert
Dec 14, 2014
Somewhere in Hungary
I read that. Also, no need to be rude sir :p. I was just questioning your action. I know the point of the thread. I personally think that everything is unoriginal, and there's no need for someone to claim that. Now, this is creating drama which is a reasonable factor to lock a thread. @Nikooo lock?
what gives you the right to lock my threads?

1212hawks_

Dedicated Member
Jul 16, 2016
The nest of dorks
www.youtube.com
When an actually good game suggestion comes by, there's always a guy commenting like "DUH THIS IS COPIED LOCK PLS @MOD/HELPER"
And this thread clearly shows how CubeCraft isn't completely original itself.

I support Guard. He has made a good point... So many people completely DEVASTATE some game suggestions because it looks even the slightest like another game from another server... And Cubecraft in more than one occasion did something non-original... Nobody can be completely original...
I agree with him too. The thing I disagree with is that he made a forum post about it. All this has done was created drama. If you know something, don't just expose something we already know. This has created drama because of very rude replies from people like "Do you have problems with English?" Etc. If you want to make a thread like this guardd, don't say stuff like that which could be pronounced rude :P

Ping Ether

Forum Veteran
Jun 2, 2016
Italy
The thing I disagree with is that he made a forum post about it
What was he supposed to do?
All this has done was created drama
He has the right to speak to the community. Everyone (and you too, let's be honest here) and their brother ask for locks when a suggestion is similar to another server's feature.
This has created drama because of very rude replies from people like "Do you have problems with English?"
If you're insulted by that, I don't know what to think of you anymore...
Well, I wanted a staff member to look at this to see if it's creating drama. Which is a reasonable factor. So, I messaged niko to see if this is appropriate to be locked or, unlocked.
No, you just stated that the thread is generating drama and asked a staff member to lock it.

Reactions: Qin Shihuangdi

1212hawks_

Dedicated Member
Jul 16, 2016
The nest of dorks
www.youtube.com
What was he supposed to do?

He has the right to speak to the community. Everyone (and you too, let's be honest here) and their brother ask for locks when a suggestion is similar to another server's feature.

If you're insulted by that, I don't know what to think of you anymore...

No, you just stated that the thread is generating drama and asked a staff member to lock it.
I think it is. Also, this isn't helping.. Let's get back on the main thing..

Ellie Williams

Forum Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
University of Eastern Colorado
Tower defense isn't original and has been cloned/copied/remixed in a plethora different ways, yet nobody complains about that.
It even came from the mobile app Bloons TD Battles, yet when I suggested a game based on an app, some people said it might not be a good idea to copy (okay, so I'll admit the name was the same as the app, but they didn't seem to care about the name).

Reactions: Ping Ether

zDutchie

Forum Professional
May 30, 2016
The Netherlands
Pronouns
She/Her
First of all:
Let's stay on topic

Second:
I don't know everything about copying games and such but if everyone likes to play them then what's the problem?

A lot of servers have similar games. Just pick the server you like best.

Deeds

Forum Veteran
Oct 2, 2016
Texas, US
@Landviz i checked lit Docm77, bedwars didnt look that fun.
Eggwars may not be completely original, but im pretty sure i would enjoy eggwars better.

Assuming i have never played either of those games before, i would think eggwars would be better.

Also, the server MCOrigins COMPLETELY copied eggwars from cubecraft (its a lot worse though)

Deeds

Forum Veteran
Oct 2, 2016
Texas, US
Are you allowed to directly copy games though? Someone here posted a thread about MCOrigins making an identical clone of EggWars.
Its not identical, its different in a variety of ways.
Im just saying its a "copy" because the game has the same name, eggwars, and the exact same concept.
You can go and see, but i really dont recommend playing it, it sucks compared to the CubeCraft eggwars, (no offence to origins, its just not very good)

DISCLAIMER: I am not advertising just to let you know!
MCOrigins is no where near as good as CubeCraft

Max ♠

Forum Expert
Feb 20, 2016
North pole
@Landviz i checked lit Docm77, bedwars didnt look that fun.
Eggwars may not be completely original, but im pretty sure i would enjoy eggwars better.
That video was made years ago, it's pretty similair to how eggwars was played back when it came out. (there is just a lot more camping on cubecraft)

Younisco

Forum Professional
May 13, 2014
london
Hi.

So, we do not take a game that we think does not have any room for potential, and any room for expansion. Let's take Skywars, for example. We released that game way back in 2013 because we were able to add a unique twist to it, as well as thinking it could have lots of space for potential. Now look at Skywars, a loved game by loads of communities. We have lots of twists within that gamemode, such as chest items, the item pools, the island layouts, abilities ect.
Cubecraft is not an original server and most of it's games are copied so stop hating on features just because an other server has them.
Sure. Let's go say that to the thousands of other servers which also have OpenSource plugins of existing games. We do not want to accept an idea if it is literally plucked from one server to another. There is a thin line drawn from taking inspiration from a game, and copying it all, for example, people wanting Bridges, or Walls, instead of people wanting a cool variant of them.

Going to lock this thread, as it is an obvious witch hunt, and there are arguments brewing.

Stefanvld

Forum Expert
May 24, 2014
Behind you.
giphy.gif

*Reads through this thread*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

apparently the free 500 minecoins isnt actually "free", you have to buy something first

LAME!
UncleSpect wrote on Thjis's profile.
congratss thisj o/
Kazwa wrote on Gemmmmie's profile.
lyyy x
Just got off work and have to wake up in 5,5 hours for school tomorrow… :sadnoot:
Sleep well cuties ❤️
Top Bottom