Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Neither

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Both

Votes: 21 61.8%

• Total voters

comfyyy

Here's the deal:

Helpers and moderators are constantly having to monitor the forums for locking threads and suchlike. Why don't we create features that will do it automatically?

Idea #1: Autolock threads after 14 days(2 weeks) of inactivity.

Idea #2: Allow thread creators to lock their own threads whenever they see fit.

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
Here's the deal:

Helpers and moderators are constantly having to monitor the forums for locking threads and suchlike. Why don't we create features that will do it automatically?

Agree. This way mods will have more time to moderate the server and to deal with reports. I respect that staffs have lives next to Minecraft, but sometimes, when I report someone who camped, it takes like 3 DAYS to be reviewed..

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net
Thee are a lot of guide threads and even some suggestion threads that don't deserve to be automatically locked after a certain amount of days because the owner may need to still edit the thread. For example, the CCG memes thread is made by a member in a section where the necroposting rule applies but it doesn't need to be locked even if it went 14 days without a reply.

I do agree that people should be able to lock their own threads though. :) A thread owner can already do this no matter what the circumstances but they need to contact a staff member. That's pretty unecessary.

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
Here's the deal:

I only agree with your first idea.
I don't agree with your 2nd idea because this will cause thread owners who lock their threads after 1 discussion for example about the handiness of a suggestion.

Reactions: comfyyy

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
I agree with the autolocking one (if it doesn't lock threads within certain subforums like news, forum games, and other ones where you can necropost without it being a problem)
But the choice to lock it yourself? That seems a bit off to me.
With that feature, you could easily lock a thread in the middle of a discussion regarding topic, making it inconvenient for others to speak out of nowhere. You could also lock a thread after only a few replies, completely losing any chance of other people having new things to say about said topic even though the thread is right there.

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016
Here's the deal:

I agree with both as they could both be beneficial

I agree more with the first idea, and I have suggested it before as well, I still agree with the second idea, just not as much as the first.
+1

Snodia

Forum Expert
Oct 18, 2015
deep inside my mind...
I know that there's been suggestions before for the auto-locking threads after 2 weeks. Though, idk if there would be a way to set exceptions for certain sections/threads. Also, moderating the forums is part of a staff's job.

As for the suggestion of letting people lock their own threads... I disagree with it as it could bring up more problems than solutions.

comfyyy

I agree with the autolocking one (if it doesn't lock threads within certain subforums like news, forum games, and other ones where you can necropost without it being a problem)
With that feature, you could easily lock a thread in the middle of a discussion regarding topic, making it inconvenient for others to speak out of nowhere. You could also lock a thread after only a few replies, completely losing any chance of other people having new things to say about said topic even though the thread is right there.
I don't know. I wish there was a bit of a middle ground. Sometimes you have people just dragging on pointlessly, and staff aren't responding(maybe because they have real lives, IDK). Maybe if you got 5 or more members agreeing on locking the thread, including the thread creator?

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
Pronouns
He/They
Both ideas seem pretty useful for the well functioning of the forums.
I primarily like the first idea to auto-block threads after 14 days of inactivity as it would prevent that inexperienced users of the forums commit necroposting.
+1

Reactions: Sweetenerera
D

Deleted member 169486

This is a good idea, because I'm pretty sure staff can't refuse to lock someones thread, so this will just save more time.

Now, I believe the necro-posting thread should be completely changed. Countless threads on one topic keep getting locked because someone replied 15 days after, so then we have 10+ threads on a topic, with idea and additions to some suggestions getting lost, and people replying the same things over and over again. In my opinion, moderators should evaluate if a thread is still useful, like a suggestion that isn't added and sounds good, or a thread from 3 years ago about a suggestion that was already added and lock the threads are of no value any longer.

But they can have the same effect by getting staff to lock it, this would only speed the process up and take less of staff's time.

comfyyy

This is a good idea, because I'm pretty sure staff can't refuse to lock someones thread, so this will just save more time.

Now, I believe the necro-posting thread should be completely changed. Countless threads on one topic keep getting locked because someone replied 15 days after, so then we have 10+ threads on a topic, with idea and additions to some suggestions getting lost, and people replying the same things over and over again. In my opinion, moderators should evaluate if a thread is still useful, like a suggestion that isn't added and sounds good, or a thread from 3 years ago about a suggestion that was already added and lock the threads are of no value any longer.

But they can have the same effect by getting staff to lock it, this would only speed the process up and take less of staff's time.
Thank you for your support!

Luzario

Jun 7, 2017
Ireland
Good idea. +1

Now, I disagree on this one because when the discussion of a thread goes badly. They'll just lock the thread (in particular newer members), to close the discussion. Because they can't handle the amount of people disagreeing with them. I like the way staff members can lock the thread because they see if the discussion is still on going. -1

comfyyy

Good idea. +1

Now, I disagree on this one because when the discussion of a thread goes badly. They'll just lock the thread (in particular newer members), to close the discussion. Because they can't handle the amount of people disagreeing with them. I like the way staff members can lock the thread because they see if the discussion is still on going. -1
Staff will lock it if requested, even if the chat is still going. Might as well speed up the process and give the staff extra time to do more important stuff.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Semyon Karasev's profile.
Happy Birthday! ^-^
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on adrian525pl's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Xi1m wrote on Evaluatiefout's profile.
RAHHHHHHHHHH
JokeKaedee wrote on Semyon Karasev's profile.
Happy birthday!! <33 🎈
JokeKaedee wrote on adrian525pl's profile.
Happy birthday, Adrian! :) 😃 🍰
Top Bottom