Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

quartz 🌈

Aug 12, 2020
the furry fandom
Hello everyone, I'm quartz and here are some things that are always annoying me and need to be changed or fixed. This isn't supposed to be a rant so I'm sorry if it looks like one, I just want to make bedrock a better place for everyone. Let's start:

Problem 1: The Knockback
This might not apply to everyone but for me, this is kinda annoying. The new knockback is way better than the old one, that's not a question, tho sometimes it can get really really wonky which really isn't really fun and made me question my life a few times. On rare occasions, the knockback just doesn't exist at all and on other occasions, it's kinda there but also isn't which is really annoying when fighting on edges. Also, trying to combo someone is pretty hard when you deal literally no knockback. I noticed this happen on all maps.
How to fix this? Since i cant reproduce it, I don't really know, tho i hope that someone will find out soon enough

Problem 2: The Maps and the coordinates
On bedrock, the more blocks you are away from spawn, the buggier and laggier it gets. Now, why is this a problem on cube? Well, all the maps are in a single world file which means that some individual maps are really far away from spawn (I'm talking 30k - 80k or even more blocks) which makes them really buggy. A demo of this bug is available here made by a popular Youtuber called AntVenom. Here are some examples:
coords1.png
coords2.png
coords3.png
coords4.png
These are all screenshots from skywars solos maps
How to fix this? Make an individual world file and save the maps in those

Problem 3: The Skin Bug
This is something I already reported as a bug, which unfortunately got denied with the comment that it's not fixable. Tho I :doubt: that this isn't fixable since IIRC I noticed it after the knockback update. Basically what this bug is:
1616709449611.png
This is what my skin is supposed to look like and
1616709498320.png
this is what it looks like on cube. What's happening is that the server handling the arms of player skins incorrectly which results in the left hand texture being replaced with the right hand texture.
How to fix it? ask ben to use his magic powers

Problem 4: Health and Hunger desyncing
This is probably known by the devs but hasn't been fixed yet. The main problem here isn't with the health, but with the hunger. Regeneration in 1.9+ is based on saturation. Before you ask, saturation is not hunger. If your saturation is higher than 0, you regen fast. Very fast. Every saturation point equals one regenerated health point. Some food gives more saturation than others and this is totally fine. The only thing that annoys me here is that if you're saturated you regen like crazy which basically makes you invincible for a couple of seconds. I'll get to this later. Now, if your hunger is desyncing with the server, this means that sometimes you cant eat. During a fight, it is crucial to eat because of the regeneration i mentioned before. No eat = No regen. No regen = no win. I died way too often because of this and its just getting really annoying at this point.
How to fix this? ask ben to use his magic powers

Problem 5: Saturation
Nerf it. Please. I'm tired of getting recked by someone with way worse gear just because they have food when I don't. I love the 1.9 saturation mechanic. In fact, it's probably essential but only if paired with 1.9 pvp. It just doesn't go well on 1.8(-ish) pvp since it literally puts you in godmode as long as you're saturated enough. Being unable to do damage for like 4 hits straight is not really cool.
How to fix it? Reduce how fast health regens and cap the saturation at like 4-5. A full list of saturation values can be found here forget about this, it already is.

Problem 6: Unbalanced chest loot in normal solo sw
I already talked about gold swords in another thread. This isn't really a problem tbh since you can just use ur fists to kill players(this is a joke pls remove gold swords). This thread is more about armor. I keep getting no leggings, neither on my islands nor the middle. If you didn't know, leggings are the second best armor piece. Not having leggings will result in fights being lost which happens to me a lot because RNGesus hates me.
How to fix? Increase the spawn rate of leggings(and maybe armor in general) just a little (5-10%) and remove or buff gold swords.

Problem 7: Armoury not in LI
please add armoury to lucky islands I'm used to not choosing a kit anymore and whenever I play li I forget to chose my kit
how to fix? copy paste armoury.jar to the lucky islands servers

Problem 8: Targetting because voting
This might be just me but I feel like I keep getting targetted whenever I vote for normal chest items. And as mods probably know, getting targetted is annoying as heck.
How to fix? Add an option to the settings menu to avoid having your name showed up when you vote

"Problem 9": regen on kill
this is more of a suggestion than a problem but this would help fighting against teamers and 3rd parties. Whenever you kill someone, you should get regeneration 1 or 2 for like 3-5 seconds so you're not an easy kill anymore.

Problem 10: Ghost blocks
the devs are already aware of this so this is just a reminder to fix this pls it can get really annoying at times

"Problem 11": Shields
I only saw players use shields twice, one of which was in hazards stream and as far as I could tell, they block all incoming damage, so maybe change that like it is on java because i can see a new shield meta coming up when this gets known.

Suggestion 12: Map selector
pls add this I'm tired of hopping between games because i hate the map

suggestion 13: add new maps to solo sw
pls add more maps i played every single map and i hate most of them after playing for 50 hrs

ok that's it, thanks for reading and i hope that at least some of the things i mentioned get fixed or added
edit; fixed mistake in Saturation

Last edited:

Dualninja

Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2021
Éire
Pronouns
She/Her
Youn confirmed that a map selector for bedrock is being worked on.
quartz said:
this is more of a suggestion than a problem but this would help fighting against teamers and 3rd parties. Whenever you kill someone, you should get regeneration 1 or 2 for like 3-5 seconds so you're not an easy kill anymore.
This is only suggestion in this thread that i do not agree with although it should be added to FFA.
quartz said:
Problem 7: Armoury not in LI
please add armoury to lucky islands I'm used to not choosing a kit anymore and whenever I play li I forget to chose my kit
how to fix? copy paste armoury.jar to the lucky islands servers
Yes, They should so add this im tired of having to choose a kit every single game.
quartz said:
Problem 4: Health and Hunger desyncing
This is probably known by the devs but hasn't been fixed yet. The main problem here isn't with the health, but with the hunger. Regeneration in 1.9+ is based on saturation. Before you ask, saturation is not hunger. If your saturation is higher than 0, you regen fast. Very fast. Every saturation point equals one regenerated health point. Some food gives more saturation than others and this is totally fine. The only thing that annoys me here is that if you're saturated you regen like crazy which basically makes you invincible for a couple of seconds. I'll get to this later. Now, if your hunger is desyncing with the server, this means that sometimes you cant eat. During a fight, it is crucial to eat because of the regeneration i mentioned before. No eat = No regen. No regen = no win. I died way too often because of this and its just getting really annoying at this point.
How to fix this? ask ben to use his magic powers
This issue is mainly a lag thing and would be hard to fix but server regions could help.
quartz said:
Problem 5: Saturation
Nerf it. Please. I'm tired of getting recked by someone with way worse gear just because they have food when I don't. I love the 1.9 saturation mechanic. In fact, it's probably essential but only if paired with 1.9 pvp. It just doesn't go well on 1.8(-ish) pvp since it literally puts you in godmode as long as you're saturated enough. Being unable to do damage for like 4 hits straight is not really cool.
How to fix it? Reduce how fast health regens and cap the saturation at like 7(this could easily be resolved by removing cooked porkchop, mutton and salmon). A full list of saturation values can be found here.
Best suggestion on this thread many times ive gotten steamrolled even though i was the better player just because the other guy had some steak.
quartz said:
Problem 2: The Maps and the coordinates
On bedrock, the more blocks you are away from spawn, the buggier and laggier it gets. Now, why is this a problem on cube? Well, all the maps are in a single world file which means that some individual maps are really far away from spawn (I'm talking 30k - 80k or even more blocks) which makes them really buggy. A demo of this bug is available heremade by a popular Youtuber called AntVenom. Here are some examples:
coords1.png

coords2.png

coords3.png

coords4.png

These are all screenshots from skywars solos maps
How to fix this? Make an individual world file and save the maps in those
It would be hard to fix seeing as the issue is on mojangs end.
quartz said:
This might not apply to everyone but for me, this is kinda annoying. The new knockback is way better than the old one, that's not a question, tho sometimes it can get really really wonky which really isn't really fun and made me question my life a few times. On rare occasions, the knockback just doesn't exist at all and on other occasions, it's kinda there but also isn't which is really annoying when fighting on edges. Also, trying to combo someone is pretty hard when you deal literally no knockback. I noticed this happen on all maps.
How to fix this? Since i cant reproduce it, I don't really know, tho i hope that someone will find out soon enough
Youn said that the knockback does require further tweeking. And i do agree with this suggestion, the knockback although much better than before, requires more imrovments.
quartz said:
"Problem 11": Shields
I only saw players use shields twice, one of which was in hazards stream and as far as I could tell, they block all incoming damage, so maybe change that like it is on java because i can see a new shield meta coming up when this gets known
You cannot use shields on bedrock exept for in skyblock

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: Matriox

DarkStray

Dedicated Member
Sep 17, 2019
United States
youtube.com
How to fix it? Reduce how fast health regens and cap the saturation at like 4-5. A full list of saturation values can be found here forget about this, it already is.
The saturation is actually bugged....
maybe for FFA?
Problem 10: Ghost blocks
the devs are already aware of this so this is just a reminder to fix this pls it can get really annoying at times
reoccurring bugs 😎
I disagree, I believe they should make the maps just as common as the other ones, for example on duo EggWars Fairytale is one of the most common maps, then Dream.
I specifically like cube bedrock for how fast it is to get into games, and with IBMM on bedrock with maps seletion might be nice for touch players, but win10 players sometimes don’t fill games fully at night.
suggestion 13: add new maps to solo sw
pls add more maps i played every single map and i hate most of them after playing for 50 hrs
Yes
Although the no KB at edges is a minecraft issue, but here’s some videos showing the past KB and new KB and some minecraft KB at the end of the old KB vid
I'll get to this later. Now, if your hunger is desyncing with the server, this means that sometimes you cant eat. During a fight, it is crucial to eat because of the regeneration i mentioned before. No eat = No regen. No regen = no win. I died way too often because of this and its just getting really annoying at this point
Reoccurring bug, this was here since 2019 and has been repeating and coming back ever since xP

Dualninja

Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2021
Éire
Pronouns
She/Her
I disagree, I believe they should make the maps just as common as the other ones, for example on duo EggWars Fairytale is one of the most common maps, then Dream.
I specifically like cube bedrock for how fast it is to get into games, and with IBMM on bedrock with maps seletion might be nice for touch players, but win10 players sometimes don’t fill games fully at night.
I disagree, a map selector would be great, if it worked how it does on the java edition. Although making all of the maps the same rarity, would be beneficial to the server.

DarkStray

Dedicated Member
Sep 17, 2019
United States
youtube.com
I disagree, a map selector would be great, if it worked how it does on the java edition. Although making all of the maps the same rarity, would be beneficial to the server.
Well in bedrock, there is no pre lobby like in Java. And if you look at the average bedrock player 😬 they wouldn’t know how to vote, some people still run around without any kits.

And in Hive voting is free but usually only like 1-3 people vote, same with Galaxite.
And if those 1-3 people who vote the players would now be playing maps like Modern or Library a lot more over, what their favorite map might be, fairytale or UTS.

Dualninja

Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2021
Éire
Pronouns
She/Her
Well in bedrock, there is no pre lobby like in Java. And if you look at the average bedrock player 😬 they wouldn’t know how to vote, some people still run around without any kits.

And in Hive voting is free but usually only like 1-3 people vote, same with Galaxite.
And if those 1-3 people who vote the players would now be playing maps like Modern or Library a lot more over, what their favorite map might be, fairytale or UTS.
A better way to implement map selection, would be to simply give players with ranks, the ability to right click a game NPC . Opening up a chest UI from which they could select a map.

Reactions: Matriox
Top Bottom