Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should /report be accessible to everyone, no matter the rank?

• Yes

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • No

Votes: 12 70.6%
  • Maybe

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters

TypicalDaniel

Aug 21, 2020
Hi there! My name’s Daniel, as you can tell by my username. I wanna talk about the accessibility of /report, and how important it is that nons also get the opportunity to use it.
On multiple occasions, there have been instances of racism, bigotry, anti-semitism and more in terms of chat but a lot of these people go unpunished because /report doesn’t allow for non-ranked people to report others. For example, just today I ran into 2 racists who I couldn’t report easily because of how much it would lag my laptop. this command of all behind a pay wall doesn’t really help get rid of the sometimes toxic side of Cubecraft, as people who don’t have ranks are less likely to go the extra mile to report one person, meaning they go Scot free without any consequence. By making it more accessible to nons, you keep cubecraft a better place overall. Don’t let a feature in which players HELP staff be put behind a pay wall.

99th_DutchScary

99th_DutchMod
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Oct 28, 2019
PatatsLand
I would definitely like to see that everyone can use the /report command. But it would be too much work for the staff team. There are already many reports which get automatically closed. So maybe in the future with something like 1 report a day for non ranks.. Although I doubt if there will ever be enough staff for something like this.

witcher

Novice Member
Feb 23, 2021
Hello,

The server is quite large, so large in fact that adding this will overload their current system. It may seem unfair that only ranked players get the opportunity to use the /report function, but even they are limited to 3 times a day (Obsidian 6, Plus limitless). The amount of false reports that'd come in would increase tremendously, and the reports cannot be handled in time.

Thus in conclusion, this is the only way it can be, for now at least.

Reactions: TypicalDaniel

TypicalDaniel

Aug 21, 2020
I would definitely like to see that everyone can use the /report command. But it would be too much work for the staff team. There are already many reports which get automatically closed. So maybe in the future with something like 1 report a day for non ranks.. Although I doubt if there will ever be enough staff for something like this.
I think that (I’m not someone with knowledge on coding so idk if this would work) a system could be created where once someone has been playing on cubecraft for more than 1-2 years, they should’ve granted the ability to /report at least 3 times a day.

99th_DutchScary

99th_DutchMod
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Oct 28, 2019
PatatsLand
I think that (I’m not someone with knowledge on coding so idk if this would work) a system could be created where once someone has been playing on cubecraft for more than 1-2 years, they should’ve granted the ability to /report at least 3 times a day.
That could be a good idea, but I still think they don't have enough staff members to do this now.

Reactions: TypicalDaniel

TypicalDaniel

Aug 21, 2020
Hello,

The server is quite large, so large in fact that adding this will overload their current system. It may seem unfair that only ranked players get the opportunity to use the /report function, but even they are limited to 3 times a day (Obsidian 6, Plus limitless). The amount of false reports that'd come in would increase tremendously, and the reports cannot be handled in time.

Thus in conclusion, this is the only way it can be, for now at least.
Maybe /report can be given once a day for non rankers? I just feel as though despite being someone who’s been playing cubecraft for a while, there are so many things that I hate batting an eye to, but have to because I didn’t buy a rank.

witcher

Novice Member
Feb 23, 2021
Maybe /report can be given once a day for non rankers? I just feel as though despite being someone who’s been playing cubecraft for a while, there are so many things that I hate batting an eye to, but have to because I didn’t buy a rank.
As tempting as that sounds, there is an average of 5000 people or so online daily, but these aren't the same players. Ton of alternate accounts and people whom only join for one quick game come onto the server, thus the number of individual players joining is far higher, perhaps even 100.000 daily. For ranked people, this is way lower, not even a fraction of it.

People who buy a rank are guaranteed to support the community, and although there'll be plenty of unranked members who do the same this is the only way CubeCraft can ensure a stable report system.

Maaarijn

Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2017
het land van kroketten, frikandellen
www.youtube.com
It has been explained above already why this isn't a good idea (yet).

I would like to add to this tho, that chat offences are not reportable with the command. The command is only for reporting cheaters, teamers and inappropriate names. Everyone, also people who currently have access to the command, has to report chat offences on the reports site. You can do this as well, for free!

Katsia Stray

May 18, 2020
Jupiter
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/She/They
If you are already playing on something easy to type with (a compter) you may aswell just record the offence in the first place. You have a forums account so you may as well

Nov 10, 2019
Netherlands
As mentioned before it would be to much work for the staff team. Secondly it would be unfair for the people who bought a rank like me. I didn't specificaly bought a rank to report but it is really nice to have. also if there are too many reports the most of them won't be able to be handled. you would also steal ranked people there feature. it is very annoying to not be able to report someone fast but this is the best way. i would say that they need to fix that you can report players outside your game because if they leave you can't report hem. This is an other problem but i wan'ted to bring this up anyway

InkAsriel

Sep 23, 2017
The Netherlands
while i agree it would be great to make reports in game, especially chat reports, it would cause a lot of unfair reporting. its best to just screenshot or record (depending on the broken rule) and report them.
Secondly it would be unfair for the people who bought a rank like me.
with this its basically impossible to make any changes to any rank as it would become unfair. make it 1 euro cheaper and it would instantly become unfair for people who already got it before this change. the report feature isnt much of a deal so i think small changes like this shouldnt be seen as unfair.
i would say that they need to fix that you can report players outside your game because if they leave you can't report hem. This is an other problem but i wan'ted to bring this up anyway
good point here tho, it would make reporting someone so much better without any doubt

Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on llvqs's profile.
Thank you for the follow! Also have a good redt of your day/night today!:D
I just logged on and just saw all these messages, sorry for not seeing them earlier, Tysm guys!
Screenshot 2024-04-27 012708.png

what-? I won 1st place but then got 2nd place...?
GiGaGekkies wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy Birthday
Playing SkyBlock with my boyfriend almost feels like therapy. Just chilling around and finishing quests :))))
Top Bottom