Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

SpankMeSanta

Dedicated Member
Nov 12, 2016
There are some games such as Survival Games and Blockwars which have been removed due to them not being popular as full time games, which seems logical. However, I believe this logic must remain consistent with the duels kits too, as some of them are not popular at all.

I recently conducted an experiment. I selected each kit 50 times and recorded the amount of times a player did /leave after looking at the kit.
Here are the following results:
  • Iron warrior 4/50 (8%)
  • Tank 5/50 (10%)
  • Eggwars 6/50 (12%)
  • Survival games - 7/50 (14%)
  • 1.9 Warrior - 8/50 (16%)
  • Skywars 9/50 (18%)
  • UHC - 12/50 (24%)
  • Brute 19/50 (38%)
  • Archer - 23 people /leaving out of 50 (46%)
  • Hunter 29/50 (58%)
  • Alchemist 36/50 (72%)
  • Miner 41/50 (82%)
As you can see, there are clearly 3 kits which a concerning number of people clearly do not like, as over half of the players /leave if they see this kit. This suggests that they are severely unpopular. In particular, miner and alchemist.

In case you are confused, the hunter kit is the one with the wolf spawn eggs, alchemist is the one with many damage potions, and miner is the pitiful kit with a pickaxe as a weapon.

In my opinion, due to their high respective /leave rates, the three kits in red must be removed immediately, especially the truly woeful Miner kit in which over 4/5 players /leave if they even see the sight of it. What gainfulterror was thinking when he designed such a kit, I do not know, but the removal of it (and the other 2 mentioned) is a pressing matter for these our fellow Cubecraft duellers.

SenatorKarma

Apr 21, 2018
There are some games such as Survival Games and Blockwars which have been removed due to them not being popular as full time games, which seems logical. However, I believe this logic must remain consistent with the duels kits too, as some of them are not popular at all.

I recently conducted an experiment. I selected each kit 50 times and recorded the amount of times a player did /leave after looking at the kit.
  • Iron warrior 4/50 (8%)
  • Tank 5/50 (10%)
  • Eggwars 6/50 (12%)
  • Skywars 9/50 (18%)
  • UHC - 12/50 (24%)
  • Brute 19/50 (38%)
  • Hunter 29/50 (58%)
  • Alchemist 36/50 (72%)
  • Miner 41/50 (82%)
As you can see, there are clearly 3 kits which a concerning number of people clearly do not like, as over half of the players /leave if they see this kit. This suggests that they are severely unpopular. In particular, miner and alchemist.

In case you are confused, the hunter kit is the one with the wolf spawn eggs, alchemist is the one with many damage potions, and miner is the pitiful kit with a pickaxe as a weapon.

In my opinion, due to their high respective /leave rates, the three kits in red must be removed immediately, especially the truly woeful Miner kit in which over 4/5 players /leave if they even see the sight of it. What gainfulterror was thinking when he designed such a kit, I do not know, but the removal of it (and the other 2 mentioned) is a pressing matter for these our fellow Cubecraft duellers.
I agree, the kits in red are truly horrendous, there is little logic or skill needed to play with either. A pickaxe as a weapon... Ridiculous. They statistics have been proven, to further this i just conducted my own experiment, 10 games on each class with the below statistics.

Iron warrior 3/10
Tank 2/10
Eggwars 4/10
Survival games 2/10
1.9 warrior 1/10
Skywars 4/10
UHC 5/10
Brute 3/10
Archer 6/10
Hunter 8/10
Alchemist 9/10
Miner 10/10.
This is truly ridiculous, many players come to cubecraft for the 1.9 pvp duels, imaging being a stone rank and being put into one of these kits, how would it make you feel? I for one would leave cubecraft.

Reactions: SpankMeSanta

RemiFan

Jan 22, 2017
Swäden
I don’t agree that these kits should be removed. I am actually quite fond of these kits. It makes the variation really nice, where you can practice different PvP styles.

The Miner kit is actually a pretty decent kit once you think of when a pickaxe could be a good weapon, such as EggWars. It’s a really nice rushing strategy to buy a pickaxe (or use the pickaxe kit) and some blocks and then rush someone. Knowing how to use a pickaxe in PvP is really good then.

With the alchemist kit you learn how to properly use potions. That can be really good if you’re playing FFA a lot and like the Wizard kit. Or when you’re playing Skywars and using any of the potion kits.

Hunter’s use of dogs is nice in Lucky Islands. Being able to kill a dog is quite hard for some and getting to practice it in PvP is a really good feature. (Thanks to @Stinesss for reminding me of Lucky Islands use of dogs)

Most of the duel kits has some form of reasoning behind them, and almost all has a functionality in PvP. I don’t think they should remove any of the kits, they’re there for a reason.

Last edited:

Slovy

Mar 30, 2020

• Iron warrior 4/50 (8%)
  • Tank 5/50 (10%)
  • Eggwars 6/50 (12%)
  • Skywars 9/50 (18%)
  • UHC - 12/50 (24%)
  • Brute 19/50 (38%)
  • Hunter 29/50 (58%)
  • Alchemist 36/50 (72%)
  • Miner 41/50 (82%)

I don't think these kits should be removed. Some people like thos kits and you can't speak for everyone.

SpankMeSanta

Dedicated Member
Nov 12, 2016
I don't think these kits should be removed. Some people like thos kits and you can't speak for everyone.
I am not speaking for everyone, I am just listing some statistics I have gathered (very glad to see @LordKarma has done some of his own tests too).
Some people do like these kits, you are right, but a huge amount of people do not. When Cubecraft removed games such as survival games, it was not because "nobody played it" or "nobody liked it", it was because not enough players played/liked it.
I am simply stating that not enough players like/play these kits to warrant them staying on the kit list.

Reactions: SenatorKarma

Slovy

Mar 30, 2020
I am not speaking for everyone, I am just listing some statistics I have gathered (very glad to see @LordKarma has done some of his own tests too).
Some people do like these kits, you are right, but a huge amount of people do not. When Cubecraft removed games such as survival games, it was not because "nobody played it" or "nobody liked it", it was because not enough players played/liked it.
I am simply stating that not enough players like/play these kits to warrant them staying on the kit list.
But still they can't just simply remove kits because people that actually liked thos kits are just left behind.

Stineos

Feb 9, 2020
I don’t agree that these kits should be removed. I am actually quite fond of these kits. It makes the variation really nice, where you can practice different PvP styles.

The Miner kit is actually a pretty decent kit once you think of when a pickaxe could be a good weapon, such as EggWars. It’s a really nice rushing strategy to buy a pickaxe (or use the pickaxe kit) and some blocks and then rush someone. Knowing how to use a pickaxe in PvP is really good then.

With the alchemist kit you learn how to properly use potions. That can be really good if you’re playing FFA a lot and like the Wizard kit. Or when you’re playing Skywars and using any of the potion kits.

Hunter is the only questionable kit to me. Why and when would you need dogs in PvP? There’s no gamemode where dogs are utilised and therefore it doesn’t really help you practice anything. I usually just say in chat “No dogs” if I see the kit, and if they use dogs I just bow them.

Most of the duel kits has some form of reasoning behind them, and almost all has a functionality in PvP. I don’t think they should remove any of the kits, they’re there for a reason.
Lucky islands is a game where you can fight with wolves. :)

For the rest, I agree with all the things @Weeb just said.

ValentinoGV_

Oct 25, 2016
Cádiz, Andalucía
I don't think they should be removed. People like these kits and everyone has their own opinion about them. So I think for those kits to be removed there should be an official votation where EVERYONE could discuss whether they should be removed or not

Reactions: _The13thDoctor_

SpankMeSanta

Dedicated Member
Nov 12, 2016
But still they can't just simply remove kits because people that actually liked thos kits are just left behind.
Unfortunately they did remove games that people left behind. It is all about supply and demand my friend.

Jukaido

Dedicated Member
Mar 18, 2020

• Iron warrior 4/50 (8%)
  • Tank 5/50 (10%)
  • Eggwars 6/50 (12%)
  • Skywars 9/50 (18%)
  • UHC - 12/50 (24%)
  • Brute 19/50 (38%)
  • Hunter 29/50 (58%)
  • Alchemist 36/50 (72%)
  • Miner 41/50 (82%)

Make a poll and see what people actually want :)

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
Y'know, when making the miner kit, I was purely doing it for a sense of variety at the time. When they removed 80% of all kits, I wouldn't have really wanted this one to stay either way. It's clearly not great for a normal duel, and it only really fit at the time seeing as there was already a large variety that wasn't only sword based. I don't think it fits in the current kits selection, and I wouldn't mind to see it removed.

Slovy

Mar 30, 2020
Y'know, when making the miner kit, I was purely doing it for a sense of variety at the time. When they removed 80% of all kits, I wouldn't have really wanted this one to stay either way. It's clearly not great for a normal duel, and it only really fit at the time seeing as there was already a large variety that wasn't only sword based. I don't think it fits in the current kits selection, and I wouldn't mind to see it removed.
Well some people are practising with like a pickaxe aswell. Because when you are in a game and you somehow do not have a sword you can still use your skills me the pickaxe :)

Fesa

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
Oct 17, 2016
Yoitsu
Pronouns
She/Her
Ok, a lot of players leave but that's not a reason to remove them…? Some players still like them!

Unfortunately they did remove games that people left behind. It is all about supply and demand my friend.
You can't compare kits with an entire gamemode! The gamemode it is played in doesn't suffer from having these kits. I highly doubt that players completely leave PVP duels (or Cubecraft) because they don't like a few kits in it.

There is little logic or skill needed to play with either.
Logic in a PVP duel is highly debatable on how you would define logic so let's not get into that; But no skill in using a pickaxe? I would agree against it! You'll need more hits with a pickaxe before you kill someone, so small lucky combos matter less. Making being better in PVP overall (even) more important.

I would for one not remove these kits. But to be honest if they were removed I wouldn't feel it as a loss.

SpankMeSanta

Dedicated Member
Nov 12, 2016
Some very interesting insight. I am inclined to agree; it is not a normal duel. Especially the TNT blocks which blow up blocks of the map.

Reactions: SenatorKarma

ItzEnd3r

Forum Expert
Aug 18, 2019
Boulder
www.cubecraft.net

• Iron warrior 4/50 (8%)
  • Tank 5/50 (10%)
  • Eggwars 6/50 (12%)
  • Skywars 9/50 (18%)
  • UHC - 12/50 (24%)
  • Brute 19/50 (38%)
  • Hunter 29/50 (58%)
  • Alchemist 36/50 (72%)
  • Miner 41/50 (82%)

but, the red kits are easy wins for daily challenges. I want them to stay lol

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
A much more conciliatory solution, that would imply a bit more effort would be an option to blacklist certain kits. So you can add the kits you never want to play with to a Menu and you never have to deal with them again. I'd find it valuable since a few people do indeed enjoy playing some of the kits. It meets in the middle, no one loses the kits they like, and no one has to deal with the kits they dislike.

SenatorKarma

Apr 21, 2018
A much more conciliatory solution, that would imply a bit more effort would be an option to blacklist certain kits. So you can add the kits you never want to play with to a Menu and you never have to deal with them again. I'd find it valuable since a few people do indeed enjoy playing some of the kits. It meets in the middle, no one loses the kits they like, and no one has to deal with the kits they dislike.
To make a fair test I conducted the same experiment but with 25 games in each map, i did this three times to get concordant results. (My other results are void)
Test 1.
Iron warrior 4/25
Tank 2/25
Eggwars 7/25
Survival games 8/25
1.9 warrior 2/25
Skywars 12/25
UHC 10/25
Brute 6/25
Archer 13/25
Hunter 17/25
Alchemist 22/25
Miner 22/25
Test 2.
Iron warrior 3/25
Tank 6/25
Eggwars 2/25
Survival games 7/25
1.9 warrior 8/25
Skywars 5/25
UHC 14/25
Brute 9/25
Archer 14/25
Hunter 19/25
Alchemist 24/25
Miner 23/25
Test 3.
Iron warrior 2/25
Tank 1/25
Eggwars 11/25
Survival games 7/25
1.9 warrior 7/25
Skywars 8/25
UHC 10/25
Brute 14/25
Archer 12/25
Hunter 24/25
Alchemist 21/25
Miner 23/25
(All results are people LEAVING the game rather than losing)
From these tests it is clear the bottom three kits are not liked and rarely played.

Fesa

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
Oct 17, 2016
Yoitsu
Pronouns
She/Her
To make a fair test I conducted the same experiment but with 25 games in each map, i did this three times to get concordant results. (My other results are void)

Ok, you have another 75 test a kit to back up your point that the kits are not played/liked as much as the other. But that doesn't bring anything new. Eli made an amazing suggestion of a blacklist for kits, which would solve your problem, since you don't want to play hem. And all the players who, as seen in your tests, also don't want to. But It will still keep it for the players who do, seems like perfect solution, no?,

And I just did 10 games of hunter and no one left, only one person said, only sword. So let's say 1/10 "left". With this I don't want to say that you falsified your numbers but that even with the data you have presented now, it's far from enough to take one sided conclusions. Cubecraft has had (with bedrock since I can't find the numbers for Java alone) 145 000 players unique players today. You really can't take a statistical conclusion with only 135 games played.

Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Desiderata wrote on Xi1m's profile.
relogging just to tell you (and those who care enough to read statuses) that digital circus ep 2 is out now apparently
GiGaGekkies wrote on RobinDn's profile.
Hottie
Thank you everyone for all the birthday wishes <3 🦆
Reesle wrote on RobinDn's profile.
Heyy, thanks for the follow! =D
Top Bottom