• It's ugly.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meh, I haven't decided yet.

Votes: 4 25.0%

• Total voters

DragonSan

Dedicated Member
Sep 1, 2016
I'm not 100% sure what to think of the newest update. I like some parts of it and dislike others. I think I need to play a few more games with emerald gens in order to fully make up my mind. Regardless, here's what I think so far:

Abilities

I really like the new abilities. They aren't OP at all and they rely on chance in order to work, so even if you max an ability out there's still a chance it won't work at all. The abilities themselves don't seem like theyd be very useful, but they actually are - I've lost count how many times I've fallen from somewhere high, losing a ton of health for being so clumsy.

They can be quite expensive though, but that gives you something to work towards and use your points on!

My only issue with the abilities is that there needs to be more than three of them! But all good things come to those who wait, I suppose.... apart from the anticheat : P JK (but not really)

Emeralds

So the verdict is still out on this one - I don't know if I like the emerald generators or not. I like some of the gear you can buy with the emeralds like the diamond armor, but I hate some of the other stuff you can buy such as a knockback 2 mushroom (we really didn't need another KB item) and the fire aspect mushroom (why add fire if you have no water bucket to combat it?) I also feel like they should have added Elytra and/or Enderpearls to the shop which cost a lot of emeralds each to combat campers, but hey ho.

On paper the theory is that the emerald gens are supposed to stop people from camping - but in reality it doesn't at all xD

I joined Underdasea and after 15 minutes a neighboring Purple team had built a huge fort, TNTed their bridge to mid and were camping and bow spamming like true champions. There was another team who had control of mid to get the emeralds, but they didn't even bother going after Purple. They didn't bother going after anyone in fact, because they were too busy camping mid. My team rage quit after getting shot off, so I tried to attack both teams alone but got also bow spammed to death. After 30 minutes or so I had to go so I just quit the match, dissapointed that the emerald gens didn't put off camping like it was supposed to. And so I curled up into a ball & cried myself to sleep that fateful night :'c
JK, I actually wanted to punch a hole through my screen xD

Maps

The new maps look awesome! I havn't played them enough to comment on the gameplay of each, but I think the builders did a great job thinking up the new themes and creating them!

What I don't understand is why they removed Construction & Area 51 o_O I (amongst of players) quite liked those maps, they both presented unique challenges so I don't see why they removed the choice to play on them. If anybody didn't like those maps, all they had to do was not choose it in the lobby, I mean jeez it's not rocket science xD

Other Stuff

. They didn't change Teaparty apart from adding an extra iron generator - which is awesome! Teaparty should stay the way it is now in my opinion, I love that map : P

. Rome has also been improved by making the 2nd gold generator work from the start - the main objective of that map seems to be to rush asap, so making obsidian easier to get was a wise choice.

. I dislike the new position of the egg in Treehouse - I liked it up high as it was lot easier to defend. It wasn't impossible to get up there though. A decent raid or sneak attempt could work, which made it a good challenge. I feel like now the map is more focused on rushing, which some people may like and others won't.

So that's my opinion anyways. What do you guys think about the new update? Is it good, bad or just plain ugly? Tell me whatcha think down below!

larswijn

Dedicated Member
I really like the new abilities. They aren't OP at all and they rely on chance in order to work, so even if you max an ability out there's still a chance it won't work at all.
Im pretty sure all possible abilities on ccg only have a percentage, as it would be too OP for players who have been playing very long VS new players.

What I don't understand is why they removed Construction & Area 51 o_O I (amongst of players) quite liked those maps, they both presented unique challenges so I don't see why they removed the choice to play on them. If anybody didn't like those maps, all they had to do was not choose it in the lobby, I mean jeez it's not rocket science xD

. They didn't change Teaparty apart from adding an extra iron generator - which is awesome! Teaparty should stay the way it is now in my opinion, I love that map : P

. Rome has also been improved by making the 2nd gold generator work from the start - the main objective of that map seems to be to rush asap, so making obsidian easier to get was a wise choice.
agreed....

I dislike the new position of the egg in Treehouse - I liked it up high as it was lot easier to defend. It wasn't impossible to get up there though. A decent raid or sneak attempt could work, which made it a good challenge. I feel like now the map is more focused on rushing, which some people may like and others won't.
I like this more, as before, you had no chance when your opponent was up there (with a good pick), and you were down there.

Reactions: DragonSan

DragonSan

Dedicated Member
Sep 1, 2016
I like this more, as before, you had no chance when your opponent was up there (with a good pick), and you were down there.

That's true, but I feel like that made teams figure out tactics to prevent that situation from happening which was cool. For example they could block up passage ways with obby or concentrate more on defending against raids. Now, the map has become like most of the other maps and some of these tactics are unnecessary :c the map isn't ruined by the egg being moved, I just feel like the it isn't as unique anymore. Thanks for the reply btw!

Reactions: larswijn

Jim Jimly

Jul 19, 2016
On paper the theory is that the emerald gens are supposed to stop people from camping - but in reality it doesn't at all xD

I joined Underdasea and after 15 minutes a neighboring Purple team had built a huge fort, TNTed their bridge to mid and were camping and bow spamming like true champions. There was another team who had control of mid to get the emeralds, but they didn't even bother going after Purple. They didn't bother going after anyone in fact, because they were too busy camping mid. My team rage quit after getting shot off, so I tried to attack both teams alone but got also bow spammed to death. After 30 minutes or so I had to go so I just quit the match, dissapointed that the emerald gens didn't put off camping like it was supposed to. And so I curled up into a ball & cried myself to sleep that fateful night :'c
JK, I actually wanted to punch a hole through my screen xD

Just because it didn't work in that one particular instance where everything that could have gone wrong went wrong doesn't mean that emeralds don't reduce camping. Camping mid is much more risky than camping your island; you will (or at least should) be the target of all the other teams because of your hold on the middle, making it difficult to defend from all sides. Also, you have to travel between the mid and an island to cash in emeralds and buy more arrows, making it a lot less viable to stay there for extended periods of time. I personally like it. It's a high risk, high reward version of a strategy that is usually incredibly safe and boring.

Reactions: skps2010

Thaus

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
In a chicken coop
Just because it didn't work in that one particular instance where everything that could have gone wrong went wrong doesn't mean that emeralds don't reduce camping. Camping mid is much more risky than camping your island; you will (or at least should) be the target of all the other teams because of your hold on the middle, making it difficult to defend from all sides. Also, you have to travel between the mid and an island to cash in emeralds and buy more arrows, making it a lot less viable to stay there for extended periods of time. I personally like it. It's a high risk, high reward version of a strategy that is usually incredibly safe and boring.
But actually, it does create mid camping especially in CamperDaSea. The rewards are simply too op and some of the items can eliminate whole teams.

Jim Jimly

Jul 19, 2016
But actually, it does create mid camping especially in CamperDaSea. The rewards are simply too op and some of the items can eliminate whole teams.

Did I ever say it didn't? I'm just saying having players camping mid is a lot less cheap and annoying than having players camp their islands, because they can't cash in the emeralds or buy more gear at mid, forcing them to move at some point, thus being less 'camping' and more 'defending an area to get emeralds until you need to go cash them in'.

SkoodyDood

Dedicated Member
Jul 7, 2016
Joe...
Abilities are good and love them.
Maps are ok.
Emerald generator are bad, people camps in there wand the things with emerald are just something in between a bit of did and a lot of did. So ignorant change much, they are still hard to get when there's way more than one person trying to get it. I've to camp now cause there's too many at mid getting emeralds.

DragonSan

Dedicated Member
Sep 1, 2016

It's true that I haven't experienced every game possibility that can happen with emerald generators involved, and I do see some potential in it. But my main point is that it didn't deter people from camping like it was supposed to, or give you an effective way to beat campers. Diamond armor isn't gonna do you much good when you've been shot into the void is it?

And as you said, going to mid is a lot riskier now. So if anything, teams are more inclined to grab diamonds and run home to camp by that logic :/ The emeralds aren't good enough to make some teams keep their bridge to mid intact...

Last edited:

DragonSan

Dedicated Member
Sep 1, 2016
I would prefer enderpreals myself, but a lot of people don't so that's why I decided to use levitation potions instead.
And why not Elytra? I think they'd be the best option out of the three : P Easy to spot but also an efective way to raid an enemy base (or escape an enemy team). It'd be awesome seeing players glide around the map amongst the fighting and chaos - maybe I'm just biased because I love flying everywhere ^-^

Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Capitan's profile.
Congratulations on hitting over 4 000 in Reaction Score! 💙
some people need to talk to their internet provider to buy them a gym membership because theyre too FAT to take knockback
Today... 216 wins in one day!
1711671596534.png
Top Bottom