Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lezappen

Forum Expert
Jan 30, 2016
Toulouse (France)
What is it with always wanting the highest rank? Not all staff want to become admin, I'm happy with my position, no need to go higher, before mod I was happy with stone ;)
There are those that work on the development and progression of the server which requires so much work that it becomes peoples jobs, as moderators, I still see us as volonteers, doing volonteer work, the step up from volonteer work to getting hired for a real job is a big one, and more of a life decision than a simple promotion from moderator.

I don't really think DYD mentioned anything about Admins receiving money...
I think what he wants is for Cube to go back to the previous days where normal staffers actually were able to become admin and still work voluntarily (for free)
These aren't the previous days, a lot has changed, mojang has also paired up with Microsoft and Cubecraft became an official Mojang partner, upon speculation, this also means a lot has changed in the way that Information is handled throughout the team, this also makes higher positions more "official" and documents are signed and it isn't so easy anymore to simply make someone admin... though it could be different.

Edgeless

Dedicated Member
May 9, 2016
Yeah I believe Mod and helper are only volunteers jobs but like coding and web design, developers do deserve to get paid

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
I think you mean Killion

The problems here are both the ages of many of the staff members ^ as Tacos mentioned above
But also the fact as there can only be so many admins till you no longer have enough proper money to do anything, people complain about the prices of things in the store but yet this would for the most part not help them that much, they will need more distribution between all the current Admins, remember the time when there were so many staff members leaving at the beginning of the year, yeah it left them down to 3 admins, from 6 now they are back to 6

Now I know this post is a bit messy and doesn't tie all the points back to themselves but just take in what you can about the point I am trying to make here okay?

Reactions: Lezappen
F

Facelurite

Just get game testers who'd make sensible suggestion. Staff dont know how to test games proof is Colossal TD update. People say the new one is also broken but idk for myself

B

Britney Spears

Before mod I was happy with stone ;)

Then why did you apply lol, you clearly wanted another role on Cubecraft other than being a stone ranked player from the moment you applied. Same goes for becoming an admin, you want another role because you know that you could potentially do more to help out the server.

What is it with always wanting the highest rank? Not all staff want to become admin

Not all staff, but some do and that's why I created this, if this doesn't apply to you then you could've just ignore it right?

These aren't the previous days, a lot has changed, mojang has also paired up with Microsoft and Cubecraft became an official Mojang partner, upon speculation, this also means a lot has changed in the way that Information is handled throughout the team, this also makes higher positions more "official"

I'm pretty sure that Mojang isn't telling CubeCraft or whatever partnered server who they should hire/promote, that's just false. All Mojang wants is that servers respect their EULA.

Last edited by a moderator:
N

Nikboo

Lezappen said:
volonteers

Volunteers*

I don't really think it's about people wanting to climb the ladder. It's more about the fact that Cubecraft has awful communication between the staff and the Cubecraft community and more admins coming from Sr.Mods with variagated opinions can help that.

Cyqni

Forum Expert
Jul 24, 2015
a place where everything you touch turns to gold.
A compromise for not being able to become an admin anymore is the Sr. Mod rank, which I'm currently working on improving and making better for our dedicated long-time staffers. They deserve some extra perks and perms, but unfortunately, the red admin tag is off the table for normal staffers.
Maybe assign them a minigame to control and improve? Like the way Saradabaschi (and maybe a couple more admins) was often in skyblock, organizing events and reporting problems to the higher staff.

Unfearful

Forum Expert
Oct 9, 2015
the Netherlands
Promotions, promotions, promotions, promotions and CubeCraft.. These two words aren't going well together, let's have a look. When all the administrators and moderators from the Chunck left CubeCraftGames, one of our administrator decided to take the lead and promoted 3 helpers in 2 hours time that same day. Why? Because we needed them.. weird.? Helper promotions are the worst things here on CubeCraft, that's one of the main reasons why many of our members aren't able to become a staff member anymore.

Now backkkk on topic, Administrators and Sr.moderators. Oh yes, great, Sr promotions.. Who made them a couple of months ago?, the same administrator.. I couldn't believe my eyes. I thought, why always those, who are close with that same administrator, chatting and talking with him?, here we go again. It was unfair, for those moderators back then, who were even helping the server for a longer time. The problems kept stacking up, and the whole team fell apart. For real, yes, for real. There were three sides, haha.. Still, the problem isn't solved yet. Yes, moderators are able to decide as well, but.. Just take a look at all the helper promotions. Still weird.

Conclusion? I thought Mac was terrible.. jk ((;

But seriously, it was a lot of fun when Efcluke94 handled things 1 year ago, it was great..

How did players got so toxic? Mac promised too many things. And they weren't able to become a helper. Lol

"FaVoUrItIsM"

Lezappen

Forum Expert
Jan 30, 2016
Toulouse (France)
Then why did you apply lol, you clearly wanted another role
I applied not for the vanity and colour of the rank, but to be part of the team and help out my favourite server as much as I could.
if this doesn't apply to you then you could've just ignore it right?
I am still part of the staff team and this concerns the staff.

I'm pretty sure that Mojang isn't telling CubeCraft or whatever partnered server who they should hire/promote, that's just false.
Mojang isn't, microsoft is, paperwork is given to those that are payed such as NDA's
I don't see why we would group payed admins that have signed those official documents with other players that haven't.
If cubecraft was to give admin rank they would have to still hide the information from these other admins having not signed an NDA. Plus restrict them access to admin chat.. I don't see how this is feasable, and why having any extra admins as opposed to mods is important in the first place.
Cubecraft has awful communication between the staff and the Cubecraft community and more admins coming from Sr.Mods with variagated opinions can help that.
Or simply more mods... the staff team has grown a lot in a year, and if you where to check the staff help channel on discord you'd notice how active we all are answering everyones questions.
Promotions, promotions, promotions, promotions and CubeCraft.. These two words aren't going well together, let's have a look. When all the administrators and moderators from the Chunck left CubeCraftGames, one of our administrator decided to take the lead and promoted 3 helpers in 2 hours time that same day. Why? Because we needed them.. weird.? Helper promotions are the worst things here on CubeCraft, that's one of the main reasons why many of our members aren't able to become a staff member anymore.

Now backkkk on topic, Administrators and Sr.moderators. Oh yes, great, Sr promotions.. Who made them a couple of months ago?, the same administrator.. I couldn't believe my eyes. I thought, why always those, who are close with that same administrator, chatting and talking with him?, here we go again. It was unfair, for those moderators back then, who were even helping the server for a longer time. The problems kept stacking up, and the whole team fell apart. For real, yes, for real. There were three sides, haha.. Still, the problem isn't solved yet. Yes, moderators are able to decide as well, but.. Just take a look at all the helper promotions. Still weird.

Conclusion? I thought Mac was terrible.. jk ((;

But seriously, it was a lot of fun when Efcluke94 handled things 1 year ago, it was great..

How did players got so toxic? Mac promised too many things. And they weren't able to become a helper. Lol

"FaVoUrItIsM"
Admins admins admins... Our current admins are great and get along well together, our team is as close as ever and all staff that where detrimental or toxic *cough* *cough* that caused divisions in the staff team are all gone, I don't see how "when mac was here" has anything to do with our current situation.

B

Britney Spears

Our current admins are great

A very subjective and debatable statement you got there if I say so myself.

our team is as close as ever and all staff that where detrimental or toxic *cough* *cough* that caused divisions in the staff team are all gone

Nice shade you threw there to Jelger, much matureness indeed, calling out one of your old co-workers, excellent job. Mod of the year.

Lezappen

Forum Expert
Jan 30, 2016
Toulouse (France)
...calling out one of your old co-workers
There's one to talk...
Calling them out for being toxic? Yes I have seen old staff members being toxic under the pretext that they "no longer serve as an example to the community" which is not a mature attitude to have by any means.

Last edited:
B

Britney Spears

There's one to talk...

Ah, first of all, I'm pretty sure that I have never ever called out a specific person in public on the forums for being "detrimental and toxic". Second of all, you're a mod, take your role seriously and don't get offended so easily, I in contrary am no longer part of the staff team which at the same time means that I no longer set an example for the community, unlike you. Anyhow, if you got any more sass left, feel free to PM me.

I want this thread to be taken seriously so cut it off please, thanks.

Unfearful

Forum Expert
Oct 9, 2015
the Netherlands
I applied not for the vanity and colour of the rank, but to be part of the team and help out my favourite server as much as I could.

I am still part of the staff team and this concerns the staff.

Mojang isn't, microsoft is, paperwork is given to those that are payed such as NDA's
I don't see why we would group payed admins that have signed those official documents with other players that haven't.
If cubecraft was to give admin rank they would have to still hide the information from these other admins having not signed an NDA. Plus restrict them access to admin chat.. I don't see how this is feasable, and why having any extra admins as opposed to mods is important in the first place.

Or simply more mods... the staff team has grown a lot in a year, and if you where to check the staff help channel on discord you'd notice how active we all are answering everyones questions.

Admins admins admins... Our current admins are great and get along well together, our team is as close as ever and all staff that where detrimental or toxic *cough* *cough* that caused divisions in the staff team are all gone, I don't see how "when mac was here" has anything to do with our current situation.
Did you read the rules how to act as a staff member? Don't think so.
Me toxic? Yes, I was. Why? You know, but you don't tell everyone as most of our members don't know the story. You do, so act like it and don't try to hide and fake things, pretty mature. I gave my opinion within the staff team. Was it rude? Yeah, sometimes. Was it worth it? No. Because some of the staff can't take criticism.

Was the staff team safe and was no-one leaking? No, definitely not. That's why we, Dutch staff, made our own private group so we could talk to each other without someone of the staff team leaking it because we trusted each other.

You see this Lezappen? A story from the other side. Oh yeah, being toxic you talked about. How could that happen? One word: Mac. That great Administrator.. Problems kept stacking up and there was only one person who helped who was not in the Dutch chat, it was @andyschofie. Can you believe it? Mac and Tacos did nothing, nothing. Did I like talking to them, no, because it felt everything what I said was wrong. Tacos messaged me every time when I did something what was not allowed.

I did reports, I banned lots of players in game, I helped people on Discord, the server and the Forum. Did Tacos message me when I did something good? NOT AT ALL. Not a single message of appreciation.

Here's the truth Lezappen, it's your turn now.

Rinbunri

Mar 2, 2016
Singapore
How were you guys ex-staffs anyways, you're acting like 5 year olds.
Staffs are volunteers that signed up to help players without the thought or wanting to get anything back from the server or players. Promoted or not, you're still staff. Helpers? Mods? Sr Mods? Admins? Does it make any difference? In the end, your job is still to help players. Why so power thirsty?

Unfearful

Forum Expert
Oct 9, 2015
the Netherlands
How were you guys ex-staffs anyways, you're acting like 5 year olds.
Staffs are volunteers that signed up to help players without the thought or wanting to get anything back from the server or players. Promoted or not, you're still staff. Helpers? Mods? Sr Mods? Admins? Does it make any difference? In the end, your job is still to help players. Why so power thirsty?
Clearly you do not understand what we are talking about. So please, thank you.

Reactions: Britney Spears

zRinne

Forum Veteran
Mar 2, 2016
Cat world
www.instagram.com
What would you like to achieve as a staff member? I do not think the prefix is that important although I understand looking forward to promotions can be very rewarding but the main point would remain the same, assisting our players.
Being eligible for a promotion can boost ones work productivity so I can understand not being able to become an admin by hardwork can be a little frustrating because no matter what you do or how good you are at your job, you'll remain the same.
I agree with a few of your points, it would be nice to have a goal to aim for and live up to it/the title.

For me personally, I want to be able to communicate better with the community and if there's a rank personally for that, I would work hard to achieve it.
I guess the same applies to the other staff members would also want a goal to achieve other than sr.mod.

B

Britney Spears

What would you like to achieve as a staff member? I do not think the prefix is that important although I understand looking forward to promotions can be very rewarding but the main point would remain the same, assisting our players.
Being eligible for a promotion can boost ones work productivity so I can understand not being able to become an admin by hardwork can be a little frustrating because no matter what you do or how good you are at your job, you'll remain the same.
I agree with a few of your points, it would be nice to have a goal to aim for and live up to it/the title.

For me personally, I want to be able to communicate better with the community and if there's a rank personally for that, I would work hard to achieve it.
I guess the same applies to the other staff members would also want a goal to achieve other than sr.mod.

Thank you for actually getting the message I tried to deliver <3

Reactions: zRinne and Nikboo

Lezappen

Forum Expert
Jan 30, 2016
Toulouse (France)
Did Tacos message me when I did something good? NOT AT ALL. Not a single message of appreciation.
Staffs are volunteers that signed up to help players without the thought or wanting to get anything back from the server or players.
Clearly you do not understand what we are talking about. So please, thank you.
Hmm.. sure.
Tacos messaged me every time when I did something what was not allowed.
Would you have prefered it if he didn't warn you when you where stepping out of line ? Guiding is part of his job, he is still human and if you expect something of him you might as well ask him to let you know when you are doing well.

N

Nikboo

I mean, that's basically what we're trying to get at with becoming an administrator.

When I hear "senior moderator", I think: a moderator who knows more stuff and probably mentors other staff members or something.
When I hear "administrator", I think: Oh. They are the ones I go to suggestions with and who can do cool stuff on Cube!

Maybe replacing Senior Moderator with (or adding) Junior Administrator and making the rank have actual neat admin powers which can bring closer the Cubecraft community and staff team but not complete insane powers. EG: If a mod does well with reports/sentinel appeals when help is needed with them, Jradmins can reward that moderator with in-game reports. Also, Jradmins could host Official community competitions in the 'Other Updates' section of the forum. They can also help with staff management! And, they'd thank staff who do a good job.
idk, the team would benifit a lot if this came into place imo.

Reactions: Britney Spears
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Latest profile posts

The Forums was super glitched out earlier xD
img_5358-png.230114

IMG_5359.png

img_5360-png.230116

A simple refresh and then everything was back to normal :)
Eli wrote on itsmochhi's profile.
Thank you for everything!!!
Tripleee wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
Happy Birthday!
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on itsmochhi's profile.
Thank you for everything!
Reesle wrote on Mimoune xb's profile.
Hey, it’s been a while! How are you doing? :)
Top Bottom