Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

zRinne

Forum Veteran
Mar 2, 2016
Cat world
www.instagram.com
I mean, that's basically what we're trying to get at with becoming an administrator.

When I hear "senior moderator", I think: a moderator who knows more stuff and probably mentors other staff members or something.
When I hear "administrator", I think: Oh. They are the ones I go to suggestions with!

Maybe replacing Senior Moderator with Junior Administrator and making the rank have actual neat admin powers which can bring closer the Cubecraft community and staff team but not complete insane powers. EG: If a mod does well with reports/sentinel appeals when help is needed with them, Jradmins can reward that moderator with in-game reports. Also, Jradmins could host Official community competitions in the 'Other Updates' section of the forum. They can also help with staff management! And, they'd thank staff who do a good job.
idk, the team would benifit a lot if this came into place imo.

That does sound promising, and also something that can be discussed/compromised.

Reactions: Nikboo

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
This argument is getting very heated, and a public thread is not the place to argue about staff affairs. Do you know how bad that makes CCG look, mods and ex-mods derailing a thread to argue over why the staff team sucks? Take it outside (Private Message)!

On topic, I can understand now why Admin is "off the table". In that case, the Sr. Mod should be "buffed" to make it more rewarding, which is hopefully what Tacos is intending to do.

Reactions: Nikboo

Zed

Zedmin / Managing Director
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
Jul 11, 2015
Radcliffe, Manchester
twitter.com
Hello, I am the one responsible for the latest addition to the admin team (I offered Cam the job) and just want to clarify a few things:
  • Admin has shifted away from being a "moderating" staff position in regards to the Helper -> Moderator -> Sr Moderator progression. It gives very litle ingame now apart from some fancy debug commands which are completely boring...
  • With regards to moderation staff roles, Cam is still at Sr Moderator level, his moderation role does not form part of his duties within the office and it's his call whether he wishes to continue those duties on a voluntary basis. What role he plays on the moderation side of CubeCraft is still at the discretion of Tacos.
  • Cam is moving across the country and leaving home to join us in the office with his new job. This is a big ask from us and a big commitment from him and it's not something everything in the staff team can do (a lot of people have school, college, university or even other jobs!)
Said it once and i'll say it again, scrap the whole Admin+ Team and work it from the ground up
Not sure firing everyone is going to solve all our issues if I'm honest ;)
I don't know much about the way they give out jobs, but I doubt the admins are required to work in the office in England. That just makes no sense to me considering Cube exists primarily on the internet. It'd be a massive waste to only limit the jobs to those who are in the area.
Generally, most employees we recruit are now in-house, this helps communication and management (also can work out better for them as it's employment rather than contract work so they get more protections and rights). Also, they will generally help out on non-Minecraft based projects such as our video and event work which we require them to be local for.
DYD never said they should get paid. In that thread Sophie made about Admins for every minigame would work.
If we asked someone to work for us in the office from 9-5 and refused to pay them, I think we would get in trouble with the government :p
I understand your point, but it IS based there and like any other job in the world, you would need to relocate to work at a place that you want which is not near your current home. I didn't know that they hired a new admin either, but good for him/her!
Cam's joined us a product manager, helping us with managing Better Together (PE) release and also other awesome stuff I won't tell you about yet :x
I personally believe that sometimes Cubecraft really should take a page out of how other Network staff teams are managed.
This is very similar to how other networks operate. Hypixel have a very large paid admin team (developers, project managers, staff coordinators, content producers, etc) and have a separate volunteer moderation team (helpers and mods)
It's more about the fact that Cubecraft has awful communication between the staff and the Cubecraft community and more admins coming from Sr.Mods with variagated opinions can help that.
Although I wouldn't describe it as awful, This is something we have identified and are working on rectifying, would welcome your feedback on what we can do better.

I'll check in on this thread in a bit and answer any more questions you may have for me! :)

N

Nikboo

GingerGeek said:
Although I wouldn't describe it as awful, This is something we have identified and are working on rectifying, would welcome your feedback on what we can do better.
I mean, that's basically what we're trying to get at with becoming an administrator.

When I hear "senior moderator", I think: a moderator who knows more stuff and probably mentors other staff members or something.
When I hear "administrator", I think: Oh. They are the ones I go to suggestions with and who can do cool stuff on Cube!

Maybe replacing Senior Moderator with (or adding) Junior Administrator and making the rank have actual neat admin powers which can bring closer the Cubecraft community and staff team but not complete insane powers. EG: If a mod does well with reports/sentinel appeals when help is needed with them, Jradmins can reward that moderator with in-game reports. Also, Jradmins could host Official community competitions in the 'Other Updates' section of the forum. They can also help with staff management! And, they'd thank staff who do a good job.
^

There are also other ways of improving stuff and I will go into that later.

B

Britney Spears

I appreciate your reply Zed, thanks. I guess whatever happens to the senior moderator perks is in Tacos's hands now.
Now that that's out of the way.

I'll check in on this thread in a bit and answer any more questions you may have for me! :)

Here is your question, I hope you can answer it too, not related to this thread but I might as well while we finally got some attention/communication going:

- Where's Skyblock/Parkour and will it ever be released, please give us a clear statement as we all want to know what's going on after nearly 3 years of maintenance, a simple yes or no would also be enough. For further reference (https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/more-than-two-years-later-staff.197414/).

I know, NDA's and stuff, but Zed, it's been nearly 3 years, don't you think that you guys owe us some kind of explanation?

Reactions: Sophie

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink

skifby

Forum Veteran
May 4, 2016
In my option the Sr. Mod rank should just get removed.

Currently Sr. Mods are able to remove messages from the news sections and have some other small perks.
In my opinion this is completely unnecessary. I can't do anything if one of you guys starts swearing in the news section.
I would have to contact a Sr. Mod, wait for him to come online, make his way over to the thread and remove the message.
Fortunately we have some active Sr. Mods so that whole process shouldn't take to long, but i'm still not able to take direct actions.

Mods are trusted and should be given ALL the permissions NECESSARY to moderate the whole network in a easy in simple way.
You are just a mod, and should MODerate the network. That's it.

And don't get me wrong, active long-term moderators should be given exciting and refreshing tasks to show appreciation. But fancy perks to moderate the network even better? Please no. Those should be accessible to ALL of the moderators.

I'm curious to see how Tacos wants to buff the Sr.Mod rank, but all i'm hoping for is that it won't slow down my way of moderating the network even more.

Zed

Zedmin / Managing Director
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
Jul 11, 2015
Radcliffe, Manchester
twitter.com
I appreciate your reply Zed, thanks. I guess whatever happens to the senior moderator's perks is in Tacos's hands
Now that that's out of the way.

Here is your question, I hope you can answer it too, not related to this thread but I might as well while we finally got some attention/communication going:

- Where's Skyblock/Parkour and will it ever be released, please give us a clear statement as we all want to know what's going on after nearly 3 years of maintenance, a simple yes or no would also be enough. For further reference (https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/more-than-two-years-later-staff.197414/).

I know, NDA's and stuff, but Zed, it's been nearly 3 years, don't you think that you guys owe us some kind of explanation?
We actually had a conversation about Skyblock and Parkour in the office yesterday :O. The ideas aren't dead, we just aren't sure of the execution we will be happy with yet.

The old version of Skyblock was based off a plugin called uSkyBlock (pretty good plugin!) - it was great and worked really well for what we wanted it for initially, however as the server grew, so did the number of players playing Skyblock. We did our best to keep it running (bought a physical machine to run it on, I spent a lot of time working on code efficiency and stuff) however ultimately it was impossible to support hundreds of players on a single spigot instance running Skyblock. When we did the Freebuild revamp we were intending to use the base system which powers plots in Creative to then power the SkyBlock islands in Skyblock. However, those plans were put on hold after launch issues we had with Freebuild and then the subsequent disappointing numbers who played on Creative - there are real costs to Skyblock and Creative (file storage fees, developer time, etc) and we want to make sure it makes sense for us. We're currently in the process of discussing the future of Freebuild and we still don't have a definite answer internally with regards to Skyblock. Sorry, I can't be more help but hope the back story was useful.

Parkour is something we are still intending to do, we're still discussing how that's going to look - we've had some pretty cool ideas spread around the office and we have some things pencilled in - however I don't want to commit to anything which may get its dates moved so that's all I'll say for now :)

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
We actually had a conversation about Skyblock and Parkour in the office yesterday :O. The ideas aren't dead, we just aren't sure of the execution we will be happy with yet.

The old version of Skyblock was based off a plugin called uSkyBlock (pretty good plugin!) - it was great and worked really well for what we wanted it for initially, however as the server grew, so did the number of players playing Skyblock. We did our best to keep it running (bought a physical machine to run it on, I spent a lot of time working on code efficiency and stuff) however ultimately it was impossible to support hundreds of players on a single spigot instance running Skyblock. When we did the Freebuild revamp we were intending to use the base system which powers plots in Creative to then power the SkyBlock islands in Skyblock. However, those plans were put on hold after launch issues we had with Freebuild and then the subsequent disappointing numbers who played on Creative - there are real costs to Skyblock and Creative (file storage fees, developer time, etc) and we want to make sure it makes sense for us. We're currently in the process of discussing the future of Freebuild and we still don't have a definite answer internally with regards to Skyblock. Sorry, I can't be more help but hope the back story was useful.

Parkour is something we are still intending to do, we're still discussing how that's going to look - we've had some pretty cool ideas spread around the office and we have some things pencilled in - however I don't want to commit to anything which may get its dates moved so that's all I'll say for now :)

Regarding Parkour and Skyblock:
I know I'm no longer staff, but if you need somebody to "manage" them after release (Basically to replace Minimooseha and Jinjo & Saradabaschi), I'd be happy to help if I have enough free time :)

My most recent threads on the two games:
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/the-return-of-parkour.194510/
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/skyblock-suggestions-lets-avoid-a-repeat-of-creative.187281/

Idea I had a few days ago for Parkour:
2D - A game that has the player enclosed between two walls, with only a one-block gap between them. The map itself is very vertical, with the objective being to reach the top of the two walls rather than to traverse a large distance.

Reactions: Gainfullterror
D

Deleted member 169486

Not sure firing everyone is going to solve all our issues if I'm honest ;)
I explained it more is the thread Sophie made but I mean instead of just having "admins" have a few for like staff management that handles recruiting and internal affairs, and a really good mod that can be an admin for 1-2 games however Luke has said that wont work. I more so ment that every admin should have like a designated role on their forums profile.

Commissioned

Forum Expert
Apr 9, 2016
argleton

When I hear "administrator", I think: Oh. They are the ones I go to suggestions with and who can do cool stuff on Cube!

Maybe replacing Senior Moderator with (or adding) Junior Administrator and making the rank have actual neat admin powers which can bring closer the Cubecraft community and staff team but not complete insane powers. EG: If a mod does well with reports/sentinel appeals when help is needed with them, Jradmins can reward that moderator with in-game reports. Also, Jradmins could host Official community competitions in the 'Other Updates' section of the forum. They can also help with staff management! And, they'd thank staff who do a good job.
lol "Jr Admins"
Sorry, but having Helper and Sr.Mod is bad enough, we don't need another stepping stone rank added.
However, those plans were put on hold after launch issues we had with Freebuild and then the subsequent disappointing numbers who played on Creative
Well if you think about it, that's probably because we just wanted Creative.. not some fancy server where there are at least 4 different servers online and you can't see other peoples plots without permissions etc. It just ruins that community feel that people liked Creative for.

RayzMC

Feb 3, 2017
Summer
So, as you guys might've noticed, recently Cubecraft added a new administrator to their team, which is great and all, but I have some critique about the way these new admins get selected.

Bear in mind that this won't be the kind of thread where I'll be like "tHeY dIdN'T dEsErVe tO gEt AdMiN" because, obviously, that's not my decision to make.

As an ex-staff member, I know how fun it is to look forward to a certain promotion, it gives a feeling of recognition, it makes you feel like you're getting a title for the hard work and effort you've put into the server. But, I've recently got the message that staff members can only become administrators when they've signed a contract and can work in the office in England (with Tacos as an exception).

Now that you require those two extra things, it's pretty much impossible for the average moderator to become an administrator, which feels dumb and kind of unfair in my opinion, as I'm sure that everyone loves to grow in a team by getting a promotion and little by little obtaining that red tag, but not everyone can move to England to persue what they like the most, helping Cubecraft to their full extent. But knowing you could do a lot more for the server, but at the same time knowing you can't due to certain criteria makes your job feel kind of limited in my opinion. I know that I can't do much about this as, once again, it's simply not my choice to make, but maybe it'd be cool to give very dedicated senior moderators that cannot be contracted due to where they live etc. Also a chance.

I just wanted to share my opinion on this subject,

Peace.
Don't really see the problem with this, but I would say admins must be 16+ because we don't want kiddos running around with a red tag.

Sep 17, 2017
In a perfect world, Cubecraft would make a zillion dollars a day and we could give all the staff who deserve it a sweet job. It is not a perfect world. Cubecraft does not make a zillion dollars a day. We cannot give all the staff who deserve a sweet job a sweet job. Admin rank is reserved only for those who need it the most, and as our new product manager, Camezonda definitely fits that bill.

Another issue is that many of our staffers are not adults. We obviously can't have kids on our payroll (darned child labor laws!) and just imagine how the parents of our staff would feel about a mysterious man on the internet giving their child a ton of money for essentially playing Minecraft. If that doesn't sound incredibly creepy, I don't know what does. It only makes sense that we'd give this position to an adult that's been staff here for a long time, who lives close enough to work in the office, and who has demonstrated skills or abilities that make him a proper fit for this job.

A compromise for not being able to become an admin anymore is the Sr. Mod rank, which I'm currently working on improving and making better for our dedicated long-time staffers. They deserve some extra perks and perms, but unfortunately, the red admin tag is off the table for normal staffers.

how is paying kids ton of money to play MC creepy? minecraft is just a block game so please tell me how.

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
So, as you guys might've noticed, recently Cubecraft added a new administrator to their team, which is great and all, but I have some critique about the way these new admins get selected.

Bear in mind that this won't be the kind of thread where I'll be like "tHeY dIdN'T dEsErVe tO gEt AdMiN" because, obviously, that's not my decision to make.

As an ex-staff member, I know how fun it is to look forward to a certain promotion, it gives a feeling of recognition, it makes you feel like you're getting a title for the hard work and effort you've put into the server. But, I've recently got the message that staff members can only become administrators when they've signed a contract and can work in the office in England (with Tacos as an exception).

Now that you require those two extra things, it's pretty much impossible for the average moderator to become an administrator, which feels dumb and kind of unfair in my opinion, as I'm sure that everyone loves to grow in a team by getting a promotion and little by little obtaining that red tag, but not everyone can move to England to persue what they like the most, helping Cubecraft to their full extent. But knowing you could do a lot more for the server, but at the same time knowing you can't due to certain criteria makes your job feel kind of limited in my opinion. I know that I can't do much about this as, once again, it's simply not my choice to make, but maybe it'd be cool to give very dedicated senior moderators that cannot be contracted due to where they live etc. Also a chance.

I just wanted to share my opinion on this subject,

Peace.
Yes, 1+
I think this is unfair, every staff member will like it if they have something to look forward!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

BicolourSine41 wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Why no helper?
BicolourSine41 wrote on Reesle's profile.
Thank you for the follow!❤️
UncleSpect wrote on Xi1m's profile.
u fake
Bring Minerware back on Java..
I dont see any reasons why they shouldn't...
Top Bottom