Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

MalakMos

Novice Member
Feb 25, 2017
Kuwait
I think Necro-posting is very common in this forums, and staff members keep locking them, which is something that should be appreciated, but maybe we can upgrade the 'Necro-posting system' into a better way of controlling it. The question is 'How?'.

Well it isn't technically simple, but it's worth it. CubeCraft should create a system that monitors threads that are 14 days (2 weeks or more) old, and that haven't been active, and the system should notify online staff members to lock it, or it should lock the thread automatically. I personally think that the 'Necro-posting system' should lock the threads that are 2 weeks (14 days or more) old automatically, because it's easier and it gives staff members more time, but if you're against the idea of 'Necro-posting system automatic locking', then atleast you can agree with the 'Necro-posting system that notifies online staff members whenever Necro-posting is outgoing' idea. If staff memebrs would like to revive the locked thread they have to do so themselves, the system should only detect Necro-posting.

Thank you.

MalakMos

Novice Member
Feb 25, 2017
Kuwait
I also can understand where you're coming from but... If you lock a thread you can't vote on the poll. And as Sweetenera said some threads are still useful and don't deserve te be locked.
You have a point, but as I stated in my thread up there, the threads that have been Necro-posted and locked by the 'Necro-posting system' and are still useful, they can be unlcoked/revived by any online staff member, as the 'Necro-posting system' cannot do so it self.

SoppeJam

May 10, 2017
I think Necro-posting is very common in this forums, and staff members keep locking them, which is something that should be appreciated, but maybe we can upgrade the 'Necro-posting system' into a better way of controlling it. The question is 'How?'.

Well it isn't technically simple, but it's worth it. CubeCraft should create a system that monitors threads that are 14 days (2 weeks or more) old, and that haven't been active, and the system should notify online staff members to lock it, or it should lock the thread automatically. I personally think that the 'Necro-posting system' should lock the threads that are 2 weeks (14 days or more) old automatically, because it's easier and it gives staff members more time, but if you're against the idea of 'Necro-posting system automatic locking', then atleast you can agree with the 'Necro-posting system that notifies online staff members whenever Necro-posting is outgoing' idea. If staff memebrs would like to revive the locked thread they have to do so themselves, the system should only detect Necro-posting.

Thank you.
There are xenforo add-ons which can auto Lock threads, so this hole stuff would be pretty useless.

https://xenforo.com/community/resources/auto-lock.3433/

Reactions: MalakMos

Shrek Trained Me

Apr 16, 2017
North Korea
Or, maybe if a thread has been inactive for 14 days, have a message that pops up that says "this thread has been inactive for 14 days. Do not post unless you have something meaningful to contribute. Do you wish to proceed? Yes/No" whenever a user tries to post.
But it's ''against the rules'' So saying that you don't post unless you have something meaningful to contribute is working against the rules you made.

D

Deleted member 48685

I hate Cube’s necro-posting system. If someone has something actually useful (so not a simple ‘I agree’) I think people should be able to give their feedback. Otherwise you keep seeing tens of thousands of threads about the same topic.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

I hope you all had a great weekend!
𝑷𝑹𝑶 𝑾𝑰𝑵𝑵𝑨𝑨𝑹 wrote on Verbramdt's profile.
Welkom terug Bram :)
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Semyon Karasev's profile.
Happy Birthday! ^-^
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on adrian525pl's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Xi1m wrote on Evaluatiefout's profile.
RAHHHHHHHHHH
Top Bottom