• In America again!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Josher

Forum Expert
Sep 1, 2015
Belgium
0B62E495-5937-4C9D-9EAC-E2E8C0D1B2A2.png

Hello, hello, hello!!

As some of you might have noticed already, the tickets sale for this year’s (and first-ever) Minecraft Festival got announced a couple hours ago! (Check it out yourself at: https://www.minecraftfestival.com )
This announcement revealed a lot of interesting things, which I’d like to discuss in this thread! ^-^

6C4E2A97-EE7F-49A5-AF50-D6B09DE1BF25.jpeg

Let’s start off with the date: September 25th - September 27th

When I read about this for the first time, I was a bit startled...
Although I do realize this date is scheduled so it matches with the dates from the MineCon Earth/Live shows of the last 3 years, I still think it’s a bit out of place since they didn’t take in account the holiday season or public holidays of the American inhabitants.
Except for Sunday the 27th of course, ‘cause we all know it’s National Chocolate Milk Day then! : P

Joking aside though, this might seem like a fun weekend getaway for Minecraft-loving Americans, but just imagine living in the West Coast of the U.S.A. ...
Since Florida is the southernmost contiguous state in the United States, these people will have to travel approximately 40 hours by car or around 5-6 hours by plane
(if they can afford that, obviously).
Not to mention people living in an entire different (country or) continent!

I feel like they have overlooked the fact it’s no longer solely a livestream people can watch and/ or tune in whenever they got time, but actually became an in-person event people will have to attend, plan and prepare for. I think it might have been a better decision to host the event somewhere during the summer break, for example.

848282CB-AFFF-4143-8E7B-1748D28F443C.jpeg

Next up: the tickets and packages

To be honest, I’m pleasantly surprised by the way they arranged everything regarding the tickets sale and packages.

It is actually the first time people are able to purchase one-day tickets for the event. Which I think is a good thing, especially for those who’re only able to attend 1 or 2 days but don’t want to pay the full price of a 3-day ticket. On top of that, they also introduced the Diamond and Gold packages which will provide a few privileges and extras.
These kind of tickets also didn’t exist during previous MineCon events.
But I don’t really know how to feel about these ones...
I mean, if people like to spend an extra $135 just to get some early acces to a couple of activities and an exclusive lanyard + pin... Sure, go ahead... I guess?!?

Here’s an unofficial overview of all the stuff that comes with each ticket/package:
BBC73C29-47C9-41EB-BB78-87C41DC9FE05.jpeg

97178851-A6FE-4B91-BEDC-35F1061104C9.jpeg

And last but not least: the capes!!!
08A4FFE4-9979-4E71-8CAE-53244296DE60.png

It’s pretty neat it got officially confirmed that they’ll be giving out capes once again to every person who attends Minecraft Festival. We didn’t get to see MineCon capes in 2017 and 2018. And in 2019 they only gave out MineCon capes to Bedrock players.
But now they’re back!!! Every attendee will be emailed a cape which is compatible with both Java Edition and Bedrock Edition. : D

A few speculations have been going around, what do you think will be this year’s MineCon cape design?

15C510E7-5103-4F6B-8E2E-C2CC2D7BB8B1.png
A01A896C-93CD-4EFB-815D-8803C723713C.jpeg

About the ticket giveaway now:

Okay, so since I won’t be able to attend Minecraft Festival this year because of the overly expensive plane tickets. I was thinking about passing on my joyful feelings to one of the amazing community members of this network by giving out free 1-day ticket(s) to you!!! : D

There are, however, a few conditions that must be met in order to be eligible for this exceptional experience provided by me:
  • Once the ticket has been handed over/sent by me, the new ticket holder is obligated to attend Minecraft Festival (2020) and is not allowed to resell the ticket or cancel our agreement regardless of the circumstances
  • The new ticket holder must be at least 6 years of age

Please, keep in mind I do have the right to deny the request for ticket(s) at any given time.
If you’re interested in this offer, feel free to PM me on the forums and we’ll figure something out.

Share your opinion!

So, that’s it for now! How do you feel about this event: the date, tickets/ packages, location etc.? Do you think you’ll be able to attend this year’s Minecraft Festival? And what about the capes? What will they look like??

Let me know by commenting your thoughts in this thread! ^-^

Last edited:

SanCookie

Gameplay Engineer
Team CubeCraft
🖌️ Sr. Designer
Mar 18, 2017
the selfie area
bit.ly
Pronouns
He/Him
Thanks for informing us about this, I had no idea that there would be a new, renamed Minecon somewhere!

It’s indeed not great that the event takes place in America, especially for the Europeans like you said. I’d love to visit but it’s just too far away. Travelling there by plane would take hours upon hours.

The cape part does interest me, but if I would be going it won’t be for the cape.
I do wonder how it would be looking, I’d guess that it will have something to do with the new nether update unless that one has already been released by then. Maybe it might be a sword because of the new combat update that Jens is working on.

Please keep us (or at least me) updated about this c:

D

Deleted member 294498

Wew! I would love to go there but my parents wont agree with me.. :'(

Reactions: Josher
D

Deleted member 294498

Anyways, maybe my sister would like to participate? haha :p
She's in America at that time :)

TeamTMS

Jul 26, 2019
New Zealand
Hi there,
Thankyou for informing me about this, like SanCookie I had no idea that this was a thing, so thanks for that. Unfortunately like many others I am too far away, but hopefully it’s live-streamed.
I’m still not even sure exactly what it is, is it Minecon, Minecon Earth, Live, Minecraft Festival or what ;). They could possibly even bring out a Minecraft Festival bundle on CubeCraft!
Anyway, thanks for informing me :).

Reactions: Hoshi and Josher

Josher

Forum Expert
Sep 1, 2015
Belgium
The cape part does interest me, but if I would be going it won’t be for the cape.
I do wonder how it would be looking, I’d guess that it will have something to do with the new nether update unless that one has already been released by then. Maybe it might be a sword because of the new combat update that Jens is working on.
Please keep us (or at least me) updated about this c:
I will definitely keep an eye out for potential easter eggs or revelations about this year's cape design! But I'm afraid we'll have to wait till the end of the event since during all previous MineCons (except for MineCon 2011, where people got to vote for the cape design they liked the most), the cape designs only got announced around 2 weeks after the event had been over. (When the cape codes got sent out basically...) :(

Anyways, maybe my sister would like to participate? haha :p
She's in America at that time :)
Hey! Like I said, if she's a 100% sure she'll attend the event, feel free to hit me up, I'll give her the tickets if she wants to!
: :: p

I would 100% have taken a plane there if it took place in July or August
Back in the time, they used to wield a rotation system. The one year the event was being hosted in America, the next year it was Europe's turn.
[2011] - America : Las Vegas, Nevada
[2012] - Europe : Paris (Disneyland Paris)
[2013] - America : Orlando, Florida
[2014] - CANCELED
[2015] - London
[2016] - Anaheim, California
['17, '18, '19] were livestreams

So technically it was Europe's turn now... :C
Hopefully next year's Minecraft Festival will take place in Europe so it becomes a bit easier for us to travel to and attend... Fingers crossed!
78a085da6e8e4eaecb81223670ddea.jpg

Hi there,
Thankyou for informing me about this, like SanCookie I had no idea that this was a thing, so thanks for that. Unfortunately like many others I am too far away, but hopefully it’s live-streamed.
I’m still not even sure exactly what it is, is it Minecon, Minecon Earth, Live, Minecraft Festival or what ;). They could possibly even bring out a Minecraft Festival bundle on CubeCraft!
Anyway, thanks for informing me :).
Basically 'Minecraft Festival' is the renamed 'MineCon' from back in the time...
Mojang used to host annual in-person Minecraft conventions, but in 2017 they decided to stop doing these for some reason and instead replaced them by livestreams called 'MineCon Earth'. When Mojang wanted to release their new project called 'Minecraft Earth' (an iOS/ Android game which allows players to build Minecraft structures in the real world from their devices), they had to come up with a new name for their annual MineCon Earth livestream and therefore called it MineCon Live from this point on.
This year, however, will be different again since they switched over to an in-person convention again, but some parts of the Minecraft Festival event will be livestreamed to the public! This livestream is now called Minecraft Live.

I hope this clears things up a bit for you... :)
If not, feel free to share your concerns regarding this event at any time and I'll try my best to solve 'em!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 294498

if she's a 100% sure she'll attend the event, feel free to hit me up, I'll give her the tickets if she wants to! : :: p
Could ask her though, she's going for a ''highschool'' year.in America soo..
Might take a while to know where she's going (region in America) to and if she wants it/able to go there..
(You could give it to someone else though, wont bother me. ;p)

D

Deleted member 294498

Minecraft Festival 2020 has been postponed until 2021 due to different reasoning. Some say it's due to the COVID-19 coronavirus but some say that has nothing to do with this.

Figure yourselves out!
https://www.minecraft.net/nl-nl/article/minecraft-festival-postponed
https://twitter.com/Minecraft/status/1235596437435662336

:(
It's because the partners (reedpop) from the festival are afraid of the virus.
They cancelled it so the chance of the virus is getting there is way lower.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Amazinq wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congrats
Amazinq wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congrats
Amazinq wrote on Frontlane's profile.
welcome back :)
ElFlxen_ wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Felicidades!
ElFlxen_ wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Congrats! and welcome back! :cubie2:
Top Bottom