Votes: 4 6.6%
  • No

Votes: 47 77.0%
  • It's alright but could use a little work

Votes: 10 16.4%

• Total voters

wTBone

Aug 11, 2022
The 1.19 update was an overall great update, with revamped lobbies, an insane skywars lobby, and lucky blocks is now more than just an afterthought. However, than comes eggwars season 2.

The main issue with eggwars season 2 is,
overpowered doesnt feel like overpowered anymore.

Eggwars season 2 completely removed enchants and leather armor, pickaxes are now super slow, and generators start once the game starts. CubeCraft essentially just killed the speedrunning and grinding community for eggwars. Games now take upwards to 5 minutes for duos or solos if you're trying to grind (the world record for duos is 31 seconds). Not only that but grindy items like Enchanted Apples are very overpriced now.

The emerald system revamp is the only thing that is a little good about this update. The new enchant system makes games take much longer, and you die so much quicker. Instead of having fair 1v1s, the person who get a 1 or 2 lucky hits wins because the unenchanted iron armor just isn't enough protection.

The old op eggwars made the game feel separated from all of the other games in its genre, like bedwars or cakewars. Prot 4 armor made a very overpowered cheap armor but the games were way quicker than bedwars. Now eggwars just feels like any other bedwars clone.

The solution:
Bring back the old shop items and prices, the new shop completely removed any familiarity that I had with eggwars and it feels like a whole different game.
Keep the emerald system as it give players an incentive to break others eggs and actually fight, instead of camping on generators for majority of the game.
The enchant system is a great idea, but players should still keep protection 4 armor and sharp 2 swords, as well as enchanted pickaxes. However, the max level pickaxe could be a efficiency 2 netherite pick and you have to use the enchanting table to upgrade it further. Sharp X and Sharp 5 swords can only be obtained by enchanting. You can get prot 5 by enchanting. And Trident enchants stay the same.

Another solution is to bring overpowered back, make the current op normal mode, make the current normal mode hard, and keep the current hard mode called ultra hardcore.

And the easiest solution is the ability to choose between new and classic eggwars in the voting section.

It would also be cool to here ya'll suggestions if you agree with this post

wTBone

Aug 11, 2022
oh yea can a mod put this in feedback and suggestion i put this in the wrong section

i hate hackers1234

Novice Member
Sep 5, 2022
I realy do hope they bring the old games back, or at least as you suggested bring it back using voting (that will get the rank sales very high altho maybe that was a strat by cubecraft all along)

• Agree
Reactions: Bnc_ and wTBone

WiggedWigg

Aug 2, 2021
België
youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
I think its ok but not perfect. I dont really grind Eggwars but imo it takes long to have a full load out and go kill people. Idm that they changed mangrove ofc its sad to see a fan favorite map get changed but there are still good maps like western, food, etc.

• Agree
Reactions: wTBone

SugaaKat

Jan 23, 2023
Pronouns
She/Her
Honestly, I can 100% agree with this. I'd love to see a choice between classic & new eggwars within a near future update. As I think it could most definitely bring back a crap ton of people, and boost their community. OP most definitely isn't the same, it's exactly like bedwars now, eggwars doesn't feel anywhere near how it used to be anymore. I'm in hope that they'll bring it back a bit, or add separate modes (classic and new).

O1t24277

Feb 3, 2022
India
Pronouns
He/Him
The 1.19 update was an overall great update, with revamped lobbies, an insane skywars lobby, and lucky blocks is now more than just an afterthought. However, than comes eggwars season 2.

Eggwars season 2 completely removed enchants and leather armor, pickaxes are now super slow, and generators start once the game starts. CubeCraft essentially just killed the speedrunning and grinding community for eggwars. Games now take upwards to 5 minutes for duos or solos if you're trying to grind (the world record for duos is 31 seconds). Not only that but grindy items like Enchanted Apples are very overpriced now.

The emerald system revamp is the only thing that is a little good about this update. The new enchant system makes games take much longer, and you die so much quicker. Instead of having fair 1v1s, the person who get a 1 or 2 lucky hits wins because the unenchanted iron armor just isn't enough protection.

The old op eggwars made the game feel separated from all of the other games in its genre, like bedwars or cakewars. Prot 4 armor made a very overpowered cheap armor but the games were way quicker than bedwars. Now eggwars just feels like any other bedwars clone.

The solution:
Bring back the old shop items and prices, the new shop completely removed any familiarity that I had with eggwars and it feels like a whole different game.
Keep the emerald system as it give players an incentive to break others eggs and actually fight, instead of camping on generators for majority of the game.
The enchant system is a great idea, but players should still keep protection 4 armor and sharp 2 swords, as well as enchanted pickaxes. However, the max level pickaxe could be a efficiency 2 netherite pick and you have to use the enchanting table to upgrade it further. Sharp X and Sharp 5 swords can only be obtained by enchanting. You can get prot 5 by enchanting. And Trident enchants stay the same.

Another solution is to bring overpowered back, make the current op normal mode, make the current normal mode hard, and keep the current hard mode called ultra hardcore.

And the easiest solution is the ability to choose between new and classic eggwars in the voting section.

I do love the old eggwars but it seems to be grindy nowadays like you get into a game get 30 iron rush eliminate the team and repeat. The games like last 2-5 mins which to me is not so fun. I personally play because I want some fun and funny things to happen in game instead of wins. But with the new updates the game lasts for around 3-10 mins where we actually play and think about new strategies to play.
Not gonna lie but I did quit eggwars for a good 3-4 months before this update came out.
If they don't make changes to game one day or the other you will also get bored with it and then slowly but surely the whole community if they keep playing same games and do the same stuff over and over again for years.
So yh, changes are required.

• Agree
Reactions: wTBone

sansbyuwu

Mar 30, 2021

The solution:

I agree, but I want to know why Cubecraft doesn't use BETA GAMES to test new features that would dramatically change their games. Now they're stuck defending this mostly flawed update and players are upset they won't change it back. To me, we have every right to be upset—dropping an update like this should've had more play testing because it's clear eggwars now suffers from a balancing issue.

O1t24277

Feb 3, 2022
India
Pronouns
He/Him
I agree, but I want to know why Cubecraft doesn't use BETA GAMES to test new features that would dramatically change their games. Now they're stuck defending this mostly flawed update and players are upset they won't change it back. To me, we have every right to be upset—dropping an update like this should've had more play testing because it's clear eggwars now suffers from a balancing issue.
They did had a seperate beta server for testing the 1.19 update.
I was called the staging network.

TC XD

Jan 18, 2022
New York
Pronouns
He/Him

The solution:

They really should do that voting thing, eggwars is going to eventually die because of this update.

wTBone

Aug 11, 2022
They did had a seperate beta server for testing the 1.19 update.
I was called the staging network.
Yes but they could have done some more testing before it was released, a ton of bugs from the testing server was carried onto the release.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I'm here!
(i'm everywhere)
qKhalidd wrote on camulos's profile.
happy birthday!
Casualpoalrbear wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congrats in helper. I know you do great

(Also nice change to your PFP)
Frontlane wrote on camulos's profile.
Happy birthday!
Top Bottom