Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

What solution do you think we should do? (Read thread to know what they are!)

• Solution 1

Votes: 283 56.8%
  • Solution 2

Votes: 165 33.1%
  • Solution 3

Votes: 70 14.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

heesel

Jan 6, 2016
Solution 3 everyone can install it for them selves right? it's their own choice that they don't use it. Everyone can install a client like labymod to get damage indicators.

Reactions: i28g and Gregeyy

Landon AWESOME9

Novice Member
May 9, 2020
Solution 3 everyone can install it for them selves right? it's their own choice that they don't use it. Everyone can install a client like labymod to get damage indicators.
in the end, anyone can install hacks. solution 3 is cheating

also on bedrock, xbox users cant install anything

• Haha
Reactions: Gregeyy

OnlyTijmen

Dedicated Member
Feb 20, 2016
Netherlands
trailoffriends.com
Pronouns
He/Him
I have heard this a lot... however then you could also say like "Yeah, you can download free hack clients too, so lets make hacking legal" (im not saying you should)... In my opinion saying "everyone can download it" is a weak excuse!

ItzJqlmer

Dedicated Member
Sep 18, 2018
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
I've used Labymod too only because of the damage indicator. But I switched to Badlion. If im playing teams of two skywars or eggwars and im low and my teammate not the enemy always go straight for me. I would go for solution 2. Thanks for bringing up this topic btw!

Reactions: i28g and Gregeyy

Landon AWESOME9

Novice Member
May 9, 2020
I have heard this a lot... however then you could also say like "Yeah, you can download free hack clients too, so lets make hacking legal" (im not saying you should)... In my opinion saying "everyone can download it" is a weak excuse!
xbox users can't install anything

• Sad

rubik_cube_man

game maker
Team CubeCraft
đź’™ Admin Team
Oct 20, 2013
From reading the comments it seems that people like to be able to see the health of other players, but everyone agrees that all players should have an equal chance in a fight.

I would just like to clarify, with option 1, we will add a setting so that you can turn it off if you wish.

I just want to pose an alternative option, which addresses lots of concerns which has been bought up. What if we make it so that health indicators (both from the server, and from any client mods) are invisible by default, util you engage in combat. This means that if you're already fighting someone, you continue to see their health for 10 seconds, but if you are looking at them from a distance and determining if you should clean them, you can't see their health until you hit them. This means that engaging in combat remains a risk, but also encourages a player to finish killing the other player, rather than both people running away when both get low on health.

Zhypo

Dedicated Member
Jun 3, 2015
Happyland
I'd make a decision between solution 1 or 2. The 'tryhard' community (obviously not everyone) loves to have this advantage because they have more knowledge on what to do by checking the opponents health.
If you either have it for everyone or for no one this could make it more fair for players who have a bad PC/laptop and aren't able to download a client that with a damage indicator.

Landon AWESOME9

Novice Member
May 9, 2020
From reading the comments it seems that people like to be able to see the health of other players, but everyone agrees that all players should have an equal chance in a fight.

I would just like to clarify, with option 1, we will add a setting so that you can turn it off if you wish.

I just want to pose an alternative option, which addresses lots of concerns which has been bought up. What if we make it so that health indicators (both from the server, and from any client mods) are invisible by default, util you engage in combat. This means that if you're already fighting someone, you continue to see their health for 10 seconds, but if you are looking at them from a distance and determining if you should clean them, you can't see their health until you hit them. This means that engaging in combat remains a risk, but also encourages a player to finish killing the other player, rather than both people running away when both get low on health.
dont make this like the eggwars update please

Gregeyy

Forum Expert
Jul 21, 2017
Spain

I love this idea :heart:

D

Deleted member 486292

its funny because this is possible on bedrock with a resource pack using new query functions and nobody is talking about it

• Wow

Texbirds

Dedicated Member
Feb 29, 2020
Bird

I personally really like this. Makes PvP more interesting whilst still remaining fair. +1 for this option.

Reactions: Gregeyy and Meiske

Landon AWESOME9

Novice Member
May 9, 2020
I'd make a decision between solution 1 or 2. The 'tryhard' community (obviously not everyone) loves to have this advantage because they have more knowledge on what to do by checking the opponents health.
If you either have it for everyone or for no one this could make it more fair for players who have a bad PC/laptop and aren't able to download a client that with a damage indicator.
i would consider myself tryhard and i dont like solution 1, simply because it would change the game alot, just like the eggwars update

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
It's better then seeing health from everyone, everywhere. But a fun part about PvP in my opinion is not knowing what health someone is on. However, if Option 1 gets implemented, which I hope it won't, this should get added. Not being able to see someone's health until you hit them.

OnlyTijmen

Dedicated Member
Feb 20, 2016
Netherlands
trailoffriends.com
Pronouns
He/Him
just want to pose an alternative option, which addresses lots of concerns which has been bought up. What if we make it so that health indicators (both from the server, and from any client mods) are invisible by default, util you engage in combat. This means that if you're already fighting someone, you continue to see their health for 10 seconds, but if you are looking at them from a distance and determining if you should clean them, you can't see their health until you hit them. This means that engaging in combat remains a risk, but also encourages a player to finish killing the other player, rather than both people running away when both get low on health.
But how about people that have damage indicators bc of clients? Wouldn't they still get the advantage of seeing other peoples health over a longer distance?

Technosword

Forum Expert
Apr 21, 2020
US
First of all, thank you @Younisco for creating this thread and the staff team for finally fixing this great debate. I voted for the first option and here’s why: After playing the Java featured game, Archer Assault, I realized how useful the damage indicator would be on Cubecraft and how it could add more strategy into the game instead of just this person looks cool I’m going to go for them. I really believe this is the next step for Cubecraft, the damage indicator is not perfect, but is the only reasonable solution. Cubecraft’s community is split between competitive and fun (Java is more competitive and Bedrock is more fun based) this should satisfy everyone in my opinion. For the competitive people, this adds more strategy to the fights and for the people that play for fun, picking your battles will be more possible as you know if have a chance of taking someone down. I have a few questions/suggestions for the admin team: What will the indicator look like? Will it be visible in tab, all times or only after you hit someone? Suggestions: Next poll ask about the style of the indicator if that option wins. Have the indicator off by default for returning players. Run a beta test with people that do and don’t support it to see if it’s a viable option. I hope everyone has an amazing day!

Edit:
What if we make it so that health indicators (both from the server, and from any client mods) are invisible by default, util you engage in combat. This means that if you're already fighting someone, you continue to see their health for 10 seconds, but if you are looking at them from a distance and determining if you should clean them, you can't see their health until you hit them.
Rubik, I thought of this idea too and this is the best way to appeal to both audiences! I didn’t see this when making my original comment, but it should most likely be implemented like this.

Levi_the_pro

Forum Expert
Nov 21, 2016
Good thing on letting community decide. But I don't understand will this poll be the decision or is this just to see what we think and the admin team will still have the final decision?

Younisco

Forum Professional
May 13, 2014
london
I just updated the poll so you can vote for multiple options. @Story made a good point that people are making arguments for solution 1 & solution 2, so it's only appropriate for you to be able to vote for both. You can change your vote, so you can change it to both, or all if you wish!

LordSidi0us

Forum Expert
Mar 1, 2019
Coruscant
Many people like me would really want to play with it, but cannot use LabyMod, as we simply aren't going to be able to make successful reports with it.
Yeah, there are other ways to download or something, but myself and many others don't want to deal with it.
It is a handy little feature that DOES NOT give you a unfair advantage at all, and it will only improve things in my opinion.
Solution 1!

Reactions: Maaarijn
Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest profile posts

W streamer here: @SugaaKat
Matriox wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congratulations

Goodluck in your helper training

Don't let frontlane or lyra be mean
Kazwa wrote on Frontlane's profile.
1713570291417.png

I know right
JokeKaedee wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congratulations!! 🎊
JokeKaedee wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Gefeliciteerd mopje 🥰💕
Top Bottom