Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

What solution do you think we should do? (Read thread to know what they are!)

• Solution 1

Votes: 283 56.8%
  • Solution 2

Votes: 165 33.1%
  • Solution 3

Votes: 70 14.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Popcornman467

Novice Member
Jun 20, 2017
this was never a problem to begin with; damage indicators donā€™t give you an unfair advantage, they just help you to see the progress you are into killing an enemy, itā€™s not like they kill them faster. i use damage indicators but i wouldnā€™t really mind if they just added them as a default on cubecraft as long as they function(unlike the anticheat).

Thomasje2121

Dec 26, 2015
Netherlands
I think option 2 may be the best. We have all had moments where we are a one-hit kill and try to quickly retreat and heal back up. With a global use of damage indicators this would make it a lot harder. You can no longer get lucky duels and manage to heal up from half a heart. This will only increase targeting and in my opinion guessing a players health is part of the challenge of the game. Overall the gameplay would be more fun without it. Ive had fights where I notice that a player with for instance labymod suddenly fullon targets me.

Popcornman467

Novice Member
Jun 20, 2017
If option 1 was added, Please make it possible to turn off health indicators, I have never used it and dont want to start. i find it makes pvp way more easier and honestly less fun. kinda takes the skill out of it when you know how much health your enemy has at all times. For me i really dont care if it gets added or removed. I just dont want to be forced to have to use it.
????????? how does it make pvp easier? 1v1ing is not changed at all

2DA50V2

Jun 21, 2020
If everyone is going to know the healthpoints of their opponents, then people will clean even more and cleaners are already annoying, especially in game modes such as FFA or Sky Wars.
Not many people use a Damage Indicator and they don't seem to bother to download one.
I think everyone is fully aware of the advantages/disadvantages in fights when someone has a Damage Indicator.
However, people still don't seem to bother to download one.
Best solutions would 3 or 2 in my opinion

Last edited:
Reactions: Dreamer

2DA50V2

Jun 21, 2020
Turn On/Off Damage Indicator option

Now please allow me to explain myself.
There people who dislike the idea of a damage Indicator and some who like it but what if the Damage Indicator was an option to select.

What I mean is, what if cubecraft would have an option to allow you to turn on and off the servers damage Indicator.
What's the point of it?
Well, if you turn it off, you can't see the health points of everyone.
If you turn it on, you can see the healthpoints of everyone except the ones that turned it off.

It's not the best suggestion but perhaps maybe a good alternative in my opinion.

Dubby Plays

Jul 13, 2019
Italy
youtu.be
1st and 2nd solutions makes both the game fair for everyone...
But the 2nd one makes the game more interesting and strategic in my opinion.

Think about it: players can't know your health so you can keep hitting them with low health, making them thinking you're not afraid of getting hit. Or you can run away with high health, making them believe you have low health so you can tend them a trap.

So, with this, "bluffing" will become another important aspect of PVP. And I personally think it's way cooler than just easily know how many hits you still have to do to kill someone.

So my vote is:

šŸŒŸ Solution 2

FnigePython

Sep 7, 2019
the land down under
Pronouns
She/Her
1st and 2nd solutions makes both the game fair for everyone...
But the 2nd one makes the game more interesting and strategic in my opinion.

Think about it: players can't know your health so you can keep hitting them with low health, making them thinking you're not afraid of getting hit. Or you can run away with high health, making them believe you have low health so you can tend them a trap.

So, with this, "bluffing" will become another important aspect of PVP. And I personally think it's way cooler than just easily know how many hits you still have to do to kill someone.

So my vote is:

šŸŒŸ Solution 2
Solution 2 keeps the Risk vs Reward that was there without the health indicators.

And if i remember correctly, Risk vs Reward is usually a factor for good game design. S2 is literally just good game design

Reactions: i28g and wxzzrd

Zathelas

Forum Veteran
Jul 14, 2018
A Skywars Island
If you're an experienced pvp player like me or other people you know well when someone takes damage. For example SkyWars, I can think in my head when I'm hitting someone when he actually dies. Same goes for Lucky Islands, EggWars, etc. And yeah... I have damage indicators, but you can learn a lot of them with stratgies. So I actually voted on 3 but I also don't see the problem with solution 1. Maybe for newer players it's difficult to see when someone actually dies but that's what you learn a bit of.

Reactions: wxzzrd

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
damage indicators donā€™t give you an unfair advantage,
Would you attack someone if you hit them a few times, but are unsure if they have 5HP or 2HP? Would you doubt wether youā€™d attack them if youā€™re 4HP yourself? If you see they have 2HP, wouldnā€™t you doubt anymore and start attacking, but when they have 5HP, would you run away? Thatā€™s where the whole discussion is about. It is unfair since you can make a decision based on what you see, not on what you have to guess. If you need to guess, youā€™re more likely to run away and regain health than when you know someone has a low HP. Same for cleaning.

FnigePython

Sep 7, 2019
the land down under
Pronouns
She/Her
Would you attack someone if you hit them a few times, but are unsure if they have 5HP or 2HP? Would you doubt wether youā€™d attack them if youā€™re 4HP yourself? If you see they have 2HP, wouldnā€™t you doubt anymore and start attacking, but when they have 5HP, would you run away? Thatā€™s where the whole discussion is about. It is unfair since you can make a decision based on what you see, not on what you have to guess. If you need to guess, youā€™re more likely to run away and regain health than when you know someone has a low HP. Same for cleaning.
honestly, the unknown health of the opponent is the only risk/reward thing out there in PvP that is consistently there

ReMD0G

Jul 1, 2020
Though this might bring a downside for adding this. Lots of people fight in PVPgames and not really run away. If you add this youā€™d have to make the game longer cause, more people would run away more often. So youā€™d need to make the game a bit more longer. Also it is sooooooo hard to kill run-aways. Also it might make the games less boring cause youā€™d run away. A LOT!! That boring even if you are chasing.

Reactions: i28g and wxzzrd

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Though this might bring a downside for adding this. Lots of people fight in PVPgames and not really run away. If you add this youā€™d have to make the game longer cause, more people would run away more often. So youā€™d need to make the game a bit more longer. Also it is sooooooo hard to kill run-aways. Also it might make the games less boring cause youā€™d run away. A LOT!! That boring even if you are chasing.

I've had games with mostly labymod users and I can guarantee most of them had health indicators on, pretty much almost every game didn't get dragged out unless another issue came up like late-game stalling or bows or pearls. Things that would stall some games. So I don't think this is valid.

lliinnn

Aug 14, 2018
The Netherlands
I chose solution 3 because I personally think its better not to change CubeCraft again since it has been changed a lot over the years.
(Not in a good way imo)

And if players really want to see the healthbar from other players then they can download forge/laby for that. I think that you will lose more players if you change CubeCraft again.
Thanks for asking us and goodluck with the result!

Members Online

Latest profile posts

good morning all! I hope everyone has a great day! šŸ¤
UncleSpect wrote on ImSatisfied's profile.
Happy birthday! šŸŽˆ
UncleSpect wrote on camulos's profile.
Happy birthday! šŸŽˆ
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on llvqs's profile.
Thank you for the follow! Also have a good redt of your day/night today!:D
I just logged on and just saw all these messages, sorry for not seeing them earlier, Tysm guys!
Top Bottom