Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Aries104

Novice Member
Nov 20, 2016
THE GREAT COMPROMISE! (Maybe a bad name...COUGH moving forward-)

The big update is quite a doozy! Nobody asked for it, it was definitely a surprise, and overall the backlash is extremely prevalent. At first, just like everyone else, I logged in and immediately was thrown off. I hate the update. Its gross, I don’t like it, and It’s also gross.

HOWEVER, after a lot of thought and playing a couple games, it began to make sense. Yes, new players are very important and the whole “not having to wait to start a game” is also very important when it comes to first impressions. Taking out the middleman (the lobbies) would eliminate that wait time and AFKing in the eggwars/skywars/etc. lobbies. But as a loyal layer to Cube, I felt that this update was a HUGE slap in the face. I’ve stuck with this server, I’ve been playing for years, AND I paid for a rank, Just because you want to accommodate the newer players doesn’t mean you make your loyal players angry. That’s a big mistake in my opinion. This update made it feel a little less like Cube and a little more like *whispers* Hypixel. Just my opinion, but also not really, you feel me?

So, the question is…. How do you accommodate both old and new players all while improving the server’s games and wait times?

The answer is mini lobbies. Allow me to explain this thoroughly because I truly believe this could work. The main lobby is rather big (BIG) and has all those fancy games and stuff, right? Well how about we change that big boy into mini island lobbies. By clicking the mannequins, you teleport into a mini island (a miniature version of the original lobbies) and play the games. This way, they can keep the one lobby, but separating it within that one lobby.

Example: The Eggwars lobby was “the end” theme. When going up to the eggwars mannequin, you press it and it automatically teleports you to the mini version of the eggwars lobby. There, we can see our stats (like we used too), the maps, and a little cubelet station. Instead of getting rid of the middleman entirely, you just compress it into the huge main lobby. In my opinion, relic hunting and the fishing game shouldn’t exist. You wanna talk about useless games? Get rid of that and bring back Hourglass, minerware, and the slime game. Anywho, I’ll save that for another post. MOVING ON, I’ve created some examples JUST EXAMPLES (don’t come for me) to better my point and paint the picture better. I get it, I’m not a real builder, but just imagine a mini version of the egg wars lobby floating off somewhere or even in another location in the main lobby. Here are some visual examples:
2018-10-02_19.47.42.png
2018-10-02_19.47.53.png
2018-10-02_19.48.00.png
2018-10-02_19.48.09.png
2018-10-02_19.48.25.png
2018-10-02_19.47.42.png

ONCE AGAIN: The builders would obviously do a better job than I did. It's just an example of ONE of the many lobbies they would make. Save the big entrance of the main lobby (the waterfall, the cubelet stations, etc.) and get rid of the WHOLE other half of it that not many people go. OR, just put the lobby islands up in the air somewhere behind a building where players can't see.)

#BringBackArea51 #BringBackTheLobbies

Last edited:

JT8D

Apr 22, 2018
Wherever I am
Great idea! But why not just paste the whole lobbies into the main lobby world, problem solved and it wouldn’t look downgraded.
Also there would need to be different chat for each lobby but that can be done easily.

Blocky

Forum Expert
Jun 3, 2017
Just add the old lobbies from the left-over games back as how it was. Problem solved.

Reactions: Juskebat

Aries104

Novice Member
Nov 20, 2016
is this server trying to wait out the fortnite hype, or are they just trying to update to update (no point in it, i know). your ideas are good, but i think the mini-maps should have an activity, like parkour for example, to entertain the players.

Yes, of course. I didn’t have time to add in any examples on that mini island, but there would be parkours on them and possibly void jumps like they had previously (that would be up to the builders.)

Aries104

Novice Member
Nov 20, 2016
Great idea! But why not just paste the whole lobbies into the main lobby world, problem solved and it wouldn’t look downgraded.
Also there would need to be different chat for each lobby but that can be done easily.

The problem with that would be the size. Those lobbies were HUGE for no reason. Downsizing them would most likely be unavoidable. I can’t imagine the lag that would follow after combining all those lobbies into one lobby. There can still be mini lobbies without it “looking” downgraded.

Aries104

Novice Member
Nov 20, 2016
Just add the old lobbies from the left-over games back as how it was. Problem solved.

I agree with you. I truly do, but we both know they won’t reverse this. They made their decision and they explained why they did it.

DqrkMqtter

I think you mean instead of mannequins, I believe you mean NPCs (correct me if I'm wrong).

Anyways, I think this is a great idea, it gives back the feeling of the original CC lobbies, but with a twist. Honestly, I can see this happening to be honest. But my thing is, either A.) They have make it bigger. Or B.) They need to make more of these little flying waiting lobbies, because imagine lots of people being sent to just one tiny little island, making it crowded, know what I mean? Like I said, this is a great idea, I see this being implemented in the future for sure.

Also, your name and the title of this thread is hilarious xD

Tacosbefriends

Forum Professional
Jan 13, 2014
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
The answer is mini lobbies. Allow me to explain this thoroughly because I truly believe this could work. The main lobby is rather big (BIG) and has all those fancy games and stuff, right? Well how about we change that big boy into mini island lobbies. By clicking the mannequins, you teleport into a mini island (a miniature version of the original lobbies) and play the games. This way, they can keep the one lobby, but separating it within that one lobby.
This is actually a really fantastic idea. I'd prefer it all be connected so players can just walk to things, but at the same time, I like having all the armor stands in one convenient location. It seems like adding this would just make it a little more tedious to join the game you want to play. Instead of walking forward and being in a game, now you have to walk forward, click, then walk forward again, then click again. It's a really neat idea, and I agree that the lobby could use a build update that makes the update feel more organic, but this just seems a bit off to me.

Cyllix

Aug 22, 2016
Well no, I think the lobby its great just like its now. The only problem its to Select Maps (we cannot select a map the guys that we dont have a rank, and that sucks). But hey, the update comes with possible great features, for example, I always wish, that when halloween comes we had a Halloween/Christmas map in all the lobbies, but that never happened. (Eggwars lobby for example never changed their theme to halloween/christmas) and now that we have one lobby for all games, that possibly means that we are getting a Halloween/Christmas map Literally for all games, and thats something cool. it isnt?

But other than that, Yeah the lobby isn't in his best moments. The lobby needs upgrades, for example, i think the lobby its way too big for the new system, and the Game selection is just small. It could be Cool if we have a bigger game selection instead of one smaller, for example they can make the game selection more bigger with the space of the Empty area of the "Games" Part (that part with pink wool). I think that this part haves enough space for make something much better.

Aries104

Novice Member
Nov 20, 2016
This is actually a really fantastic idea. I'd prefer it all be connected so players can just walk to things, but at the same time, I like having all the armor stands in one convenient location. It seems like adding this would just make it a little more tedious to join the game you want to play. Instead of walking forward and being in a game, now you have to walk forward, click, then walk forward again, then click again. It's a really neat idea, and I agree that the lobby could use a build update that makes the update feel more organic, but this just seems a bit off to me.

Yes, I can see how this can seem off because it’s adding more steps to an update that is based off of a “quick join” system. However, the whole point of this idea is to make it feel like it did before without actually having to add those extra middleman lobbies. It’s a method to divide and separate the games again, making it feel like the old CC and giving the illusion that it’s a separate lobby.

The armor stands can remain in one location, but they should teleport you to the game where people can access the features we had before. It adds more wiggle room for players and accommodates players who have been doing this with no problem. I don’t really consider it to be tedious, that’s just my opinion. If running up to an armor stand to teleport into a smaller version of the game’s lobby is difficult or annoying, then maybe bringing back the compass would assist that. Like we did before, clicking the compass and teleporting us to the game lobby we want rather than running all the way up to click the mannequin.

Reactions: JT8D

Snivy Films

Jun 3, 2016
[Location Unknown]
The change is not nice in my opinion, Lobby is messy, they removed games, and stuff like that, how bout they undo almost all of that and everyone is happy, or that MANAGEMENT can take a look at all of this backlash and try to work something out

Aries104

Novice Member
Nov 20, 2016
The change is not nice in my opinion, Lobby is messy, they removed games, and stuff like that, how bout they undo almost all of that and everyone is happy, or that MANAGEMENT can take a look at all of this backlash and try to work something out

I understand where you are coming from. My first initial reaction was to fire back and disagree aggressively with the update, but I quickly changed my mind.

Sometimes when you really want something to change, you have to adapt to what they give you. I don’t believe they will undo the whole thing (if they do then :D) nevertheless, meeting at a halfway point may alleviate some of the backlash and anger, thus why I called this a compromise.

Work with what you got. Miss the lobbies? Let’s hope they consider making miniature ones. Miss some games? Maybe they’ll do a vote and add a couple in after everyone has adjusted to the change. One step at a time :)

RainyDayz

Aug 29, 2016
I guess I missed the party by a few weeks and I haven't been able to put my two cents in. I'm posting on this thread so it can become relevant again. This is something that needs to be considered and it deserves a response. Today was the first time I've been back on CubeCraft in a while. (Juggling school, work and a social life) And when I logged back in and saw the changes I was NOT happy. I believe there truly needs to be some sort of waiting area other than the main lobby for players that want to play a specific game. Also sorry for necroposting.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

parent calling you halfway through pvp is the worst debuff you could ever get
Take back what I said earlier, the Infected Wolf spider from grounded is terrifying
This is fr me during bedwars
RDT_20240427_1241257018540164098121553.png
I'm here!
(i'm everywhere)
Top Bottom