• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
HELL NO THEY SHOULD MAKE MORE 1.8 GAMES NO MOVE TO THE CRAPPY 1 CPS 1.9 GAME CRAP.ANYONE WHO THINKS THAT THEY SHOULD REMOVE 1.8 MUST HAVE LOST THEIR GOD DAMN MIND.
Calm down, the suggestion doesn't ask of them to specifically remove 1.8. The suggestion is mainly covering features to improve 1.8.
Also, everyone has their own opinion. Preference of fighting other people in a block game doesn't determine whether someone's crazy or not.

DragonLord

Dedicated Member
May 1, 2017
Scotland
A friend of mine was said
"Minecraft is changing and moving forward. Therefore you either move forward and change with it or you end up leaving".

Would like to see Cube move into 1.13 fully when it comes out. 1.8 was about 3 years ago now.

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
Apart from that, I think this concept is really good, but what I definitely think that should be fixed before anything is to change the knockback on the 1.8 network. I don't understand why but if you hit your opponent once, much worse, twice, they're falling off the edge no doubt. If that gets fixed, I would love to see all the things you've mentioned :)
@Rigel_The_Star
"Minecraft is changing and moving forward. Therefore you either move forward and change with it or you end up leaving".
I hate to break it to you, but memepixel still uses 1.8 pvp mechanics and is doing better than cubecraft at the moment.

SlipperyEJ

Novice Member
Aug 24, 2017
Calm down, the suggestion doesn't ask of them to specifically remove 1.8. The suggestion is mainly covering features to improve 1.8.
Also, everyone has their own opinion. Preference of fighting other people in a block game doesn't determine whether someone's crazy or not.
lol sorry xD

Luzario

Jun 7, 2017
Ireland
I don't think ill ever fully switch to 1.9 combat. Its horrible (my opinion). As I said before I agree with the second option of improving 1.8. The competitive pvpers will never move on.

Reactions: Lilleh__

HackersDontWin

Partner
🤝 Partner 💜
I don't think ill ever fully switch to 1.9 combat. Its horrible (my opinion). As I said before I agree with the second option of improving 1.8. The competitive pvpers will never move on.
I'm pretty sure that I'm competitive in games, and I've used 1.9+ ever since it came out.

Luzario

Jun 7, 2017
Ireland
I'm pretty sure that I'm competitive in games, and I've used 1.9+ ever since it came out.
Cube craft is the one of the only 1.9 servers, so they're very little competitive 1.9 pvpers. The rest are 1.7. or 1.8. The competitive UHC community still play on 1.7, the best version for pvp (in my opinion). The potion pvp community are still in 1.7. Overall, the major competitive servers are bad lion, ultra and velt (if I'm correct). I doubt these people will go to 1.9 to pvp.

SlipperyEJ

Novice Member
Aug 24, 2017
And the chance they're going to stay that way? People are going to start moving into 1.13 when it releases.
Like 100%... If they ever switch to 1.9 and above they will lose atleast 70% of their players considering that more than 70% of their games are pvp based. None of the pvp community likes 1.9 period. Almost the whole sw and bw community would quit along with skyclash.

Luzario

Jun 7, 2017
Ireland
Like 100%... If they ever switch to 1.9 and above they will lose atleast 70% of their players considering that more than 70% of their games are pvp based. None of the pvp community likes 1.9 period. Almost the whole sw and bw community would quit along with skyclash.
Uhc would be ruined too.

Reactions: SlipperyEJ

DragonLord

Dedicated Member
May 1, 2017
Scotland
I take it you're not talking about Cubecraft?

Sep 20, 2017
I, myself, am a fan of 1.8 pvp. I dislike 1.9 pvp simply for the fact that it completely disheveled my gameplay to the point where I feel like a minecraft noob again. I, like many, would be forced to retire old tricks, tactics, and tips of 1.8 pvp, and that is just depressing. Especially to those like me who have been playing since late 1.5. Imagine you are really good at a game like csgo, pubg, terraria, pyre, etc., and one day, BOOM, new update that completely destroys your style of play. How do you feel? Now apply that to 1.8 players. I don't mean to hate too much on companies, but I personally believe that Microsoft has just gotten their hands on another game, but the only thing that will happen in the end is bitter ruin.

Now, back to the original topic:
I have a high doubt that, despite further updates that Microsoft decides to create and release, that most severs will just accept 1.9 pvp. After all, most of the PvP community is made up of 1.8 players, and servers really can't take that kind of risk. Small servers of about 1K people may be able to get away with it without angering too many people, but larger servers such as Cubecraft, Mineplex, Hypixel, etc. really just can't. I would expect that servers of that size would lose approximately a little more than half of the players. With players goes money, and without money, servers shut down. Let's say that every server converts to 1.13 when it is released. What do you think would happen?
I think the hate on Microsoft's updates would bolster, and at one point, Microsoft would lose so much money, they might re-add some 1.8 features. This may seem like I've taken it too far, but this is just what I believe.
Thanks for readin'

Last edited:

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016
(yes the title is clickbait)
Hi Cubecraft, just some constructive criticism about this """lovely""" server's 1.8 gamemodes.
So most of us already know that Cubecraft's 1.8 isn't really the most enjoyable 1.8 experience. You could even say: "It's crap." And since I haven't seen any threads talking about this issue, I'm going to do it myself.
Now Cubecraft, there are two ways to solve this problem. TWO SIMPLE WAYS.
  1. Remove 1.8 altogether. You guys will be able to focus more on the 1.9 PvP, possibly making Cubecraft the first and only competitive 1.9 PvP Server. Besides I'm pretty sure you guys claimed countless times that 1.8 wouldn't make a comeback. But then on the 10th of September 2016 we get this: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/the-return-of-1-8.154588/ . Really disappointing. Make up your mind guys.
  2. Or we simply improve the Cubecraft 1.8 experience. I will throughout this thread not only show what is wrong with the 1.8 Cubecraft but also give possible solutions to improve the 1.8 experience. Possibly even increasing our player amount.
Now let me get started...

Skywars
So there isn't much to say about Cubecraft's Skywars. It's simply amazing! I love the bowspammers who stay at their spawning island with a stack of snowballs. Or even better the ones in OP with punch bows and the triple arrow ability maxed. SIMPLY SO MUCH FUN! EXTRAORDINARY. PERFECTION. I love this server... Not.

Okay so I'm just going to say this once.
Shields weren't invented in 1.8 so please, please, please make it so bows in Normal are only available at mid with half their durability. Also reduce the amount of arrows you can get. Skywars is supposed to be fast paced PvP combat not camping till someone leaves the game or jumps into the void out of boredom.

For OP: Also remove the amounts of arrows you get and PLEASE remove the durability of bows. Especially the punch one. Lets do 10. It's a great number. That way people will have to think before bow spamming with a punch one bows. I don't really care about the power bow. Also increase the rarity of the punch one, thank you very much.

Fixing the loot table wouldn't be too bad either. I'm sick off getting these kinds of loot (OP). It's really impossible to win, especially in 1.8, with this against a full diamond dude with 45 golden apples.
1pmwYS7.png

Also I would enjoy it very much if the Football in the map Sports was removed. I think this explains enough:
2017-09-27_15.22.28.png

PVP
So here comes the main reason why I created this thread. The 1.8 gamemodes in the 1.9 network are...
How do I say this. Not well thought. And what I mean by this is that the games in the 1.9 network with 1.8 combat weren't made for 1.8. It doesn't have that 1.8 feel, you know.
When making the 1.8 duels/ffa you guys didn't consider the changed knockback, regeneration, saturation and other aspects that do affect PvP. That's why I propose to move the 1.8 gamemodes in PvP to the 1.8 Network. PvP will be so much smoother and kits with fishing rods will finally work.

Here are some other advantages of adding PvP to the 1.8 Network:

Okay so look very closely at this picture. What do you see?
apLncll.png

I see that there's no such thing as Soup 1.8 or Overpowered 1.8 FFA. I'm pretty sure many people would love such modes (especially OP 1.8) and bringing them with 1.8 combat to the 1.8 network will definitely attract new players.
Not only that but it also means that 1.8 FFA will have no such things as wing maps! Only beloved ground maps.

Another thing that I'd like to mention is the No Debuff kit:
lbfAO6t.png

It can stay the same for 1.9 duels but for Classic/1.8 it really needs some change. First you can't drop items in duels, which isn't a big problem in most cases except for this one. It's really hard to stack empty bottles and remove them from your hotbar when you're in a fight. This is why I suggest changing them into splash potions of instant health instead.
Second, 1.9's Saturation is soooooo damn broken that you don't need the instant health bottles for this kit. You simply need to eat steak and you'll regen even more than by using the potions. That's one of the main reasons why I'd like this kit in 1.8 since the health/food mechanics there are different.

Also if you guys decide to bring Duels to the 1.8 network please add cooldowns to E-Pearls, k thx.

I didn't take my time to fully test all the kits. Simply played them once or twice. Most of them look pretty balanced for 1.8 Combat, which is why I only mentioned this kit.
------------------------
I didn't really write much since there isn't anything else to say. The 1.8 gamemodes aren't that bad. They just need some serious adjustments/improvements here and there.
I'd like to hear your opinion about this subject. Do you think the 1.8 gamemodes should be removed or improved instead? (also don't forget to vote in the poll above)

Well I'm going to do whatever I was doing.
Chalas...
Gotta say, I already tried making a thread about this issue and many other people did too, but the problem is all people in 1.9 or above argue that the 1.8 is bad because all you do is spam click. So I don't think that cubecraft is going to do anything with 1.8 but remove it :/
But its nice to see here and there a thread ACTUALLY relevant to a situation! +1
:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on yrarrsboyincube's profile.
Welcome to the forums! I hope you will have an awesome stay here!:D
Reesle wrote on yrarrsboyincube's profile.
Welcome to the Forums! Happy to have you here! :)
Reesle wrote on UncleSpect's profile.
Congrats on 4.5K reaction score!! 🎉✨
Top Bottom