Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

The CubeCraft Times

Oct 23, 2020
bit.ly

The CubeCraft Times | Edition #3

01-11-2020

🎃 Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween! This week we have quite a bit of news. Mojang has released the FIRST Caves and Cliffs beta on XBOX and Windows 10 (Bedrock). At the moment, this beta includes 2 main features: Goats, and Powered Snow.

🐐 Goats

The goats spawn on top of the mountain biomes and jump/ram things that are near them.
Interesting Facts:
  • If a goat rams a tree, it has a change to drop a horn. This makes the raid horn sound if you activate the use key bind.
  • If you feed 2 goats wheat, hey will produce between 3 and 8 kids!

🌨️ Powdered Snow

Edition-4-2.png

This interesting block acts like quicksand. Eventually, it will start generating in the mountain biome. (It is only in the creative inventory for now). When stepping in the snow you slowly start to sink into it and get the slowness debug. If you come to an obstacle, you will slowly arise up and onto the block in the way like a slow ladder. If you use leather boots you can mitigate the effects and be able to stand on top of the powdered snow block. If the players head gets submerged, you will get a frosty overlay.

Article by: @Spooky BrilliantBenji

🗺️ Map Submission Highlights #1

Welcome to the map submission highlights, here on the CubeCraft Times! Every two editions we will be highlighting 2 map submissions posted in the map submissions sub-forum. We will be showing pictures of the map, talk about the features and even have a little interview with the map creators! Keep reading, because you don’t want to miss out on this

:cube_dark: [BLOCKWARS] Green Hill Zone

Edition4-3.png

By: @Andyyy & @Modulo 7

Definitely one of the best community built BlockWars maps that I have ever seen on! It’s truly amazing, hence why the map 94 upvotes and only 5 downvotes. Even Though the map was submitted on the 1st of september 2020, it’s still worth writing an article about it because it’s just amazing!

📜 Special Comments:
Eli:
This map is... incredible. Probably the most creative BlockWars map I have ever seen. It's just amazing! The theme is really creative, it looks really good. And the amount of different paths, obstacles and terrain variation you added make it look like it will be extremely fun to play in.

Dreamy: This map... It's astounding! I love the immense effort and detail put into it, along with the compatibility between both Bedrock and Java! Great block choice! Great map layout! Everything looks amazing! +1

OOFChan0924: I'm sitting at 700+ CTF wins and this map, to me, looks like it might be one of the funniest and most interesting maps to play. For win farming it's viable, so wouldn't be skipped like a few of the more recent ones. For casual play, you could either play normally or switch up your playstyle to fit the map and both options seem equally viable! There's opportunity to use what might be less traveled flanking routes, cheese strategies with the giant loop in the middle, or just bum rushing on such an unusual terrain would be a blast! Even in a high level tournament, hypothetically speaking, this map would provide one of the most unique experiences out of all the maps by far.

Check out the original map submission thread HERE.

:cube_dark: [Tower Defense] Shotgun's Parkour

Edition4-4.png

By: @Shotgun

A new refreshing Tower Defense track which is supposibly one of the longer ones with the least tower spots. The track is very different from the others so I’m looking forward to seeing this getting implemented into the game! The map currently has 17 upvotes and 3 downvotes.

🌏 Map Details:
  • Track Length: 341 blocks
  • 5x5 Tower Spots: 37
  • 3x3 Tower Spots: | One Sided: 140 Total: 161
  • Tower Spots compared to Track Length: 58%
  • 5x5 Spots compared to 3x3 Spots: 23%

📜 Special Comments:
ItzEnd3r: It looks completely amazing for gameplay, im just not sure about how well the build team will be able to cover it up, either way It looks great i would love to play on a map with that track im definitely voting yes.

InkAsriel: i love your map, the only thing i'd do different is less 5x5 spots, or at least not cramped on each other. the length is great! short, but it will prevent endless games for sure! its not too hard to potion your way to victory as both attacker and defender. im sure the designers can build something nice out of it :) great work! :heart:

🎙️ Interview with Shotgun:
Reporter:
What inspired you to create a new TD track?

Shotgun: That must be Oceana. The map Oceana came out a while ago, the theme was pretty good! However, the track was less, many professional TD players played the track once and then put it in their least favourite maps list. The track of Oceana isn't that popular. After that I checked the map submission guide and found out there weren't really guidelines for TD maps. I made CubeCraft aware of this and shortly after I was able to submit tracks for Tower Defence. And then Shotgun's Parkour was born.

Reporter: How did you come up with the course of the track?

Shotgun: I like to have some tricky parts in tracks. Parts that influence the defence of the player.
First, a map would meet the big split at the start, in the middle you can find some spots like at the end of Perilous. 5x5 and 3x3 towers can be switched up to create your favourite and unique defence.
Secondly, they will go on a round-about, this part was just to make the track fancier, it was just my brains that came up with this. Next, mobs meet with an even split, this is not that interesting.
The part which is more interesting is the last part, towers from there can also hit the mobs that are on the track above (on the left side). This was inspired by Zen, that map has a part that almost does this but there is too much room in between the two tracks to let it work. So I recreated this but with less space to make this a possible strategy.

Reporter: Why did you choose the current theme?

Shotgun: Actually, there isn't quite a theme related to the map. I made it so that the designers of CubeCraft could make anything they want with the map. I left it just as neutral as I could.

Check out the original map submission thread HERE.

Article by: @Axyy

🎤 Interview with @Axyy!

Today we’ve interviewed Axyy, one the owners of CCGN Community Events + a Moderator from CubeCraft!
Let’s go to the questions:

Reporter: Tell us something more about yourself!

Axyy: Well, I'm Axyy and I currently live in The Netherlands. I'm 17 years old, and turning 18 very soon! 👀 Obviously my hobby is playing Minecraft and helping everyone out here on CubeCraft!

Reporter: For how long have you been playing on cubecraft?

Axyy: I've joined CubeCraft for the first time back in 2013. I was actively playing till 2014/2015 when I decided to take a break from Minecraft in general. I came back to Minecraft around 2016, but it took another 2 years for me to come back to CubeCraft sadly. So I've been playing again since 2018 till mid-2019 when I took another short break and I came back once again at the start of 2020.

Reporter: What is your favourite part of the server?

Axyy: My favorite part of the server is definitely the community, hence why I started a community Discord server. I love interacting with the people and will always try my hardest to help everyone!

Reporter: How did you discover CubeCraft?

Axyy: I can't remember actually. Obviously CubeCraft has always been one of the biggest servers out there and I remember watching YouTubers play on Cube as well which is probably the reason why I joined CubeCraft in the first place.

Reporter: What is your favourite memory from the network?

Axyy: It has to be back in the day running around in the little flying island lobby for SkyWars with the tree in the middle and when you had to click a sign in order to join the game. Such good times, it let me think of the times when I had nothing to worry about.

Reporter: What is your favourite gamemode ever released?

Axyy: SkyWars definitely, although with the release of Among Slimes I don't know if SW is still on top. I like both of them a lot, but still choosing SkyWars as it's been there for years and it was the first game that I've ever played on Minecraft.

Reporter: What is your favourite part of being a Moderator?

Axyy: My favorite part of being a Mod, that's a hard one. Obviously, it's fun to punish those who break the rules, and obviously interacting with the community but yeah, you don't have to be staff in order to do that.

Reporter: Why did you decide to apply for helper?

Axyy: I was already actively helping CubeCraft in every way possible, reporting cheaters, posting suggestion thread, creating new maps for certain gamemodes. And I kinda wanted to help even more which is why I decided to apply. CubeCraft was the first server I joined, the server I grew up on. I've got so many fun and cool memories on here, which is why I truly care about the network and I'd always try to help CubeCraft out in every way possible.

Reporter: What's your favourite food?

Axyy: It has to be pizza duh.

Axyy's profile (Click HERE).

🎤 Interview with @ItzEnd3r!

Woah, the second interview is with the other owner of CCGN Community Events!

Reporter: How long have you been playing on the server?

Ender: i have been playing on the server for 5 years
Ender: but i took a pretty big break in there

Reporter: Oh wow thats alot.
Reporter: What is something interesting about yourself?

Ender: uhh

Reporter: U can pass if you dont know haha.

Ender: ill pass on that one for now

Reporter: Alrighty!
Reporter: What is your favourite aspect of cubecraft?

Ender: the community

Reporter: Ah cool.
Reporter: So in the beggining how did you discover ccg?

Ender: i was watching preston plays and i wanted to play money wars (eggwars)
Ender: so i joined cubecraft and ended up loving it

Reporter: haha that's the same reason i joined but watching ibx toycat.
Reporter: What is your favourite gamemode?

Ender: nice
Ender: my favorite gamemode is either blockwars or minerware
Ender: because they are really unique
Ender: but i play skywars the most

Reporter: Yeah they really are unique haha
Reporter: What is one of your best memories on cubecraft?

Ender: probably playing survival games with my friends back in like 2015
Ender: looking back at it i 100% should have been banned for teaming xd

Reporter: hahaha 😂
Reporter: How did you discover the forums?

Ender: ok so i made my account last summer to join the selfie competition
Ender: but i actually started using forums because of quarantine and it ended up being my favorite part of the server

Reporter: wow thats cool.
Reporter: Last but not least... What is your favourite food! xD

Ender: tacos

Reporter: That is a good choice

Ender: but pizza is good more often

Ender's profile (Click HERE).

Article by: @Pijly & @Spooky BrilliantBenji

🤝 Partnership with CCGN Community Events!

Welcome to CCGN Community Events (part of the external community organizers programme). This community hosts fun events and cool prizes/give aways. It is run by @ItzEnd3r, @Axyy and @_The13thDoctor_. Previous events have included: Among us, SkyWars, Among slimes, and more to come! We are pleased to be partnered with them. As well as this, YOU can be notified when our publishment is as they follow TCCT. Make sure to them out!
Link: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/unofficial-💜-ccg-community-events-discord-project-📅.265670/

Article by: @Spooky BrilliantBenji

The CubeCraft Times | 01-11-2020

Last edited:
Top Bottom